PDA

View Full Version : LFP Noobs Welcome! Wednesday nights 8-11pm EST

CorporalSKI
January 25th, 2019, 23:04
I'm going to run Lost Mines of Phandelver for new players. I'm planning on running this game Wednesday nights 8pm-11pm maybe more if the group wants. I've run LMoP 3 times now so I'm pretty good with it but this will be my first time running it on Fantasy Grounds.

I'm looking to meet new players and create a regular group of awesome people that want to really get into Table Top RP.

Prerequisites:

Be over the age of 21 (30+ best, I'm 40)
Enjoy beer or your choice of adult beverage (I like to run DnD drinking one shots from time to time)
Be on time and make the game a priority (be on when you say you'll be on)
Experienced RPGers welcome but I encourage noobs to join me.
Have Discord

rotolotodd
January 25th, 2019, 23:13
I'm new to FG and am very interested in your game.

Stevefromtopsfield
January 26th, 2019, 00:45
Two players ready to go. Myself and my roommate are both new to FG. I've used the interface a lot, practiced through a bunch. Just purchased the Lost Mine module as well, but haven't read too far. My roommate Algorhythmz hasn't read any of it. Both 41, both have played when we were younger talking red box, blue box, and the aqua box. Best friends since eighth grade. Started getting back into it with 4e, yah, that didn't last long, and now really enjoying playing 5e. I personally play in a home 3.5e campaign with coworkers, Pathfinders Rise of the Runelords, and just joined my first FG group starting a run of Dragon Heist on Saturday nights. SOoooo, yah two players, both with regular license, I have a few addons, Dungeon of the Mad mage, This Mine of Phele... and the Players handbook. ready to go for Wed nights. Discord is ready to go, def up for a drinking one shot or three, and both eager to get into a regular campaign group as well. Sooner the better too. We're working on finishing a custom home table, with a 40" tv built into it, felted, LEDlights, the works. Trying to get more game time in any way we can.

Theolddawg
January 26th, 2019, 00:58
I'd like to join (27/M), new to DnD 5E and TTRPGS all together. looking to learn so I can DM my own games in the future. Also EST Time!

Would love to play a cleric or a wizard.

CorporalSKI
January 26th, 2019, 01:08
cool

MyGivinOpinion
January 26th, 2019, 03:08
I am experienced with FG and DND in general. Kinda new to 5e but I have a game on Sundays. What content are you permitting? I can help with some of the learning curves to FG.

not a drinker personally but everyone has a vice lol
never late without notice i do make games a priority though. sometimes with kids. the unexpected happens. i have 3.
discord, mic, and cam(if ever necessary)

Shagitto
January 26th, 2019, 04:50
hello CorporalSKI, I was once known as Sergeant ski :) I am new to FG and would really like to be apart of your campaign. Wednesday is the perfect time for me to play. I'm 33 years old. Thanks

robrblind22
January 26th, 2019, 17:16
Definitely interested. 40+ here :) CST

jfantonovitch
January 26th, 2019, 18:24
30 Year old here. Been playing D&D for about 2 years now, but never online. Having trouble finding a sit down group but LOVE to play, I am open to pretty much any class. Eager to play!

Alexistina
January 27th, 2019, 17:23
I am a novice still to TTRPGs, but I am a quick learner and an avid roleplayer. I am an empty-nester so my week nights are free and clear. I am 45 years old. I have discord and I meet all of the prerequisites.

Thank you for your consideration.

rotolotodd
January 28th, 2019, 19:33
Is this game still going to be played?

Daumon_eq
January 28th, 2019, 20:27
I'm an experienced game and love good RP in a game. I am 58 and have played or run games for 38 years.
I did not try 4.0 because I disliked the rewritten game system. 5.0 is a much better set of rules than 4.0.
I can run almost anything just like some less than others. Was hoping to find a group at 3rd level so I could dual class.
However, any chance to play is a great thing in my book.

Terry

georgealanduke
January 29th, 2019, 04:13
Hey if you are looking for someone I am freaking down! Totally new to FG. Just made the switch from pen & paper. I love beer, I'm tolerant of all people, no freaking drama, married to the coolest woman(4 years) and looking for a consistent group. Had to move away from pen & paper because I GM'd and was bending over backwards around other peoples schedules and I just couldn't do it anymore. I love GM'ing and once I learn the ins & outs of Fantasy grounds I can trade GM roles. 6 to 8 on Fridays is wonderful, I love beer, I love humor, and I am pretty easy to get along with. My wife may join us at some point too.

Discord is MightyMisterGeorge#1773

Pandoramonium
January 30th, 2019, 18:49
I'm totally new to FG and haven't been able to do tabletop since the comic shop I went to shut down. I tried hosting them at my apartment (just to provide a location, I'm not a GM), but too many of my friends were flakey and wouldn't show regularly so it killed the games.
I've been playing D&D and other tabletops (Rifts, Savage Worlds, VtM, etc.) since high school.
Over the age requirement, don't drink but don't mind if others do. Have Discord, am super accepting of others, and LGBT friendly. And I desire to game with others who are as well.
I really enjoy making my character and being creative with it, writing a backstory, complete with unique things I work out with the GM/DM, etc. So I'm hoping this game's a good fit.

Edit: Forgot to mention I own some hard copy books as well for various systems, D&D included.

MyGivinOpinion
January 30th, 2019, 20:43
i don't think this is actually an active post for a game. no word from the dm yet for any of us?

rotolotodd
January 30th, 2019, 21:54
I talked to him last week, but haven't heard from him since.

rotolotodd
February 1st, 2019, 17:08
Ok guys how about we start our own game? I am willing to DM and it would be 5th edition. I am new to Fantasy Grounds so you would have to bear with me. I'm open to days but would rather during the week. If you are interested, send me a pm.
I am CST by the way.

GunnarGreybeard
February 1st, 2019, 20:14
Not sure it's what any of you are looking for but I'm considering starting a new homebrew 5e game (be advised it would be a Text Only game using the Chat window in FG).

There will be some limits, like for classes (Fighter, Wizard, Cleric and Rogue only) and races (Human, Dwarf, Elf and maybe Half-Elf only) options. Players will also choose from an realistic dark age/medieval 'Viking' based occupation and incorporate that into their background. A list will be provided.

It will be a weekly Wednesday game but not sure on exact times because I have to run a few short errands in the evening but otherwise I am free all day. If it's and evening game there will probably be a 30 minute break mid-game (about 7:45-8:15 PM). I'm CST (GMT-6).

flyers106
February 3rd, 2019, 16:30
I am interested if still looking for players I am 45

Forresn
February 5th, 2019, 10:00
Hello!

I am a total newb looking for treasure

I play Druid any room for me?

Rockx
February 7th, 2019, 00:09
Hi! 40year old male, new to fantasy grounds, but have played on Roll20 and have a group of friends that gets together and runs occasionally on weekends. Id like to join if possible. Wednesday is great for me.

bbbrock
February 7th, 2019, 06:54
I am new to D&D and FG. Stepson bought the starter kit a few months ago, and we played a little one night. it's something I would love to get into, but don't know of any groups, or locations running them. That's why I got FG. Would love to get a feel for how these work, and would be willing to just lurk if there's a game already running.

40+ and total noob