PDA

View Full Version : FG ui not saving

Aniond
January 25th, 2019, 06:42
I've tried /save.

- Made sure the folders have read/write access.

The problem is the ui scale and any resizing doesn't save from one session to the next. I have to manully change all the window settings, and stuff like that. I would like to know if this known issue or what im doing wrong?

Zacchaeus
January 25th, 2019, 10:03
Are you on a mac? If so exit via the right click menu rather than closing FG any other way. This way your setting will get saved properly.

If not on a mac I believe those settings should be saved. If you are stretched no across several monitors make sure that you have the windows set to mirror this display.

Additionally make sure that the issue is not being caused by an extension. Test in a new campaign without extensions.

Aniond
January 25th, 2019, 10:18
Are you on a mac? If so exit via the right click menu rather than closing FG any other way. This way your setting will get saved properly.

If not on a mac I believe those settings should be saved. If you are stretched no across several monitors make sure that you have the windows set to mirror this display.

Additionally make sure that the issue is not being caused by an extension. Test in a new campaign without extensions.

Windows 10. They do not save whether it's new or current

Zacchaeus
January 25th, 2019, 10:30
Referring back to your first post, can you just say again what you expect FG to retain betweebpn sessions. I’m pretty sure it should retain the scaleu and it should also retain the size of the window, but it may not retain the size and position of windows within FG such as the chatbox.

Also are you using any screen overlays or other software that has effects on screens.

Aniond
January 25th, 2019, 11:00
Chat box resize resets, the scale UI,. Any time I move an element like the dice tower.

Aniond
January 25th, 2019, 11:01
It's not a big hassle just wanting to make sure it's working normally.

Zacchaeus
January 25th, 2019, 13:48
Since 3.3.7 the chatbox will default to it's normal position as will the dice tower. The scalui though should remain as should the size of the FG screen when you first start. By that I mean if you had the screen stretched across two monitors it should start up that way if that was the last position it was in when you last closed it. However this does depend on your windows settings.

The state of the windows within FG is in a file found in each campaign called windowstate.xml. I'm not sure where the scalui variable is stored but I can confirm that it does persist over a restart, and over any campaign so it must be stored in a global file such as GlobalRegistry.lua but I can't find anything in that file that points to the UI scale.

So, in essence I don't know. It sounds like files are not being saved properly but if you have satisfied yourself that isn't the case then I'm not sure exactly where the issue might lie.

Trenloe
January 25th, 2019, 16:09
As has been mentioned, the chat window and the dice tower position won't save, neither will the character selection window. The other window positions save, so that when you next open them they should be in the same position - they won't automatically open if you had them previously open when you exited.

Before you close your FG session, open the FG console by type /console in the chat window, and then return to the FG launcher (use the desktop right-click menu). Do you see any file save errors in the console?

You can also check the "UI Scale" setting from the FG settings window - accessible from the startup screen.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 25th, 2019, 22:40
I know, that is not a UI error, but why the chat window and dicetower has position saved in version 3.3.6 and in 3.3.7 not, I say this, because my config in older position was the same in every game session and now I had to adjust always.

Aniond
January 26th, 2019, 03:40
Sorry for the late response. Long day at work. No ui errors. No problems. I am over all impressed and happy with this software. I will work with what I have. Thank you again