PDA

View Full Version : SW5e a star wars home brew on the 5e rule set

pico
January 23rd, 2019, 06:35
This set of modules and an extension implement the SW5e rule set. This is a 5e based conversion to a Star Wars universe.

This work will include the PHB and Scum and Villainy PDF content from the SW5e project (link below)

The following extension and 2 modules must ALL be loaded to host a game using this ruleset.

Extension: The extension named "sw5e.ext" must be in your extension folder and selected when you create your campaign.
Modules: The "SW5e Player Book.mod" and the "SW5e Supplement.mod" must BOTH be loaded.

I will repeat for emphasis: BOTH "SW5e Player Book.mod" AND "SW5e Supplement.mod" MUST BE LOADED!!!!

My testing has shown that these modules and the extension are compatible with both FGU and FGC

FG Forum says my module is too big to upload, so you must get them from these links:

Extension download: https://github.com/BeeGrinder/FantasyGrounds-SW5e/tree/master/extensions
Module download: https://github.com/BeeGrinder/FantasyGrounds-SW5e/tree/master/modules

SW5e project website: https://www.sw5e.com/

SW5e Content:
10 classes
15 races (Species)
35 backgrounds
100 feats
266 spells (Powers)
276 NPCs
new weapons, creature types, damage types, skills, languages, and a single currency

All my sources are on github: https://github.com/BeeGrinder/FantasyGrounds-SW5e

Now includes spell and item effects inspired by and with permission of rob2e under condition that no money is ever charged for this work. Thanks!

Also, see the SW5e reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sw5e/

pico
January 23rd, 2019, 15:19
Changelog / Added / Modified

Pre-Release - Alpha-
- Concentrating on core SW5e content only. No expanded content
- Spells are currently using traditional schools. This will be updated later.
- Concentrating on mechanical workings. Classes, backgrounds, race and how character creation and combat functions. Flavor and documentation will be later.
- Based on Jan. 11, 2019 release of the SW5e PHB pdf: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVVk719__eeJC388VXV6KXqwRjUOQJ0m/view

Jan. 23, 2019 Update - SW5e Player Book Module - Background skill and feature text fixes
Jan. 25, 2019 Update - SW5e Player Book Module - Race (Species) skill and feature text fixes. Guardian Auras and channel abilities listed correctly.
Jan. 30, 2019 Update - SW5e Player Book Module - weapon list typo fix. sw5e.ext extension typo fixes.
Feb. 6, 2019 - SW5e Extension - Added Binary and Aurebesh fonts/languages.
Feb. 10, 2019 - Added Spell Book Module for force and tech powers, made February PHB updates, text and class feature updates.
Feb. 18, 2019 - Split Item and Spell module to easy development. Extension fixed for powers and weapon type sorting.
Feb. 21, 2019 - Force and Tech powers through lvl 2 have effects coded. Item effects for explosives now coded. See Spell Book reference notes.
Feb. 24, 2019 - Fixed all classes. Made 3rd level choice of sub-class prompt correctly.
Mar. 6, 2019 - Added many extended content races with pics, added full spell effects for all force and tech powers
Mar. 8, 2019 - Major update to module structure. Spells and Equipment are now in the module SW5e Supplement.mod. Several reference manual changes.
Mar. 16, 2020 - Update to Player Book module. Reflecting changes to SW5e PDF file through Jan. 2020.
May 8, 2020 - Removed old NPC module, all NPCs are in the PHB module. Should work with FGU now.
May 18, 2020 - More NPCs added to PHB module.
May 23, 2020 - All NPCs from Scum and Villainy PDF have been added to the PHB module.
Sep 16, 2020 - Fixed damage issue with scout holdout blaster and several "ranged force attack" spells that were not working.
** Reserving this post for future updates

pico
January 23rd, 2019, 15:23
Instructions and Notes
- Install the extension SW5e.ext for SW5e skills, money, languages, damage types, skills, npc types, etc. Modules will not work correctly without the extension.
- Install the 2 modules: SW5e Player Book.mod (classes, races, backgrounds, npcs, etc), SW5e Supplement.mod (spells, items, equipment, etc). BOTH MUST BE LOADED!
- When creating a game make sure to use game system "5E" and choose the above SW5e extension.
- The extension includes some appropriate background decal images.
- Remember when creating characters that many of the casting classes have a choice of which ability counts as the Spell Casting Modifier. So it must be set up manually.
- Proficiency seems to be working for classes, races and backgrounds. I don't think they work for feats, adjust manually.
- The author of SW5e suggests using the Spell Point System rather than Spell Slots. This is an interface adjustment to make during character creation if you use points. Search the FG forum for implementing D&D 5e alternate spell point system.
- All spells (powers), some classes, and some items have item effects coded into them for use in the combat tracker. Use the Source selector in the Spell window to see Force Powers, Tech Powers, Items, or a class.
- All included races have pictures in case you forget what they look like.
- Starting Equipment Packs are available in Parcels.
- Backgrounds have trait tables available for rolling.
- All classes now prompt at level 3 for sub-class choices.
- Expanded choice of species (race) and languages to 30.

New Starship rules
These new rules basically has ships as complex as a player character with character sheets. I would suggest providing your players with their ship's sheet and using the FG interface for a star map, token movement, and dice rolling. But, at this time I don't know of a way to implement the starship combat of SW5e into the FG system.

** Reserving this post for future updates

Tyrannosaurus VeX
January 28th, 2019, 09:02
I'll definitely take a look at your stuff. I've never played FFG's Star Wars, but I'm a big fan of Saga and 5e, so I think a 5e conversion is an interesting idea.

Could be really cool.

Martin2301
January 28th, 2019, 18:25
looks pretty fine. Im gonna start a game i think. But misses stat block for the ships, and a nice background

pico
January 28th, 2019, 19:03
looks pretty fine. Im gonna start a game i think. But misses stat block for the ships, and a nice background

Thanks. The ship data is coming later as well as a nice theme. Currently my priorities are getting the classes working as well as I can, and fixing any bugs/typos.

And, if someone wants to volunteer and join the project, just let me know :D

Since the PDFs are free for everyone to download, how important do you feel it is to get a reference manual section in the FG interface?

damned
January 28th, 2019, 23:54
Thanks. The ship data is coming later as well as a nice theme. Currently my priorities are getting the classes working as well as I can, and fixing any bugs/typos.

And, if someone wants to volunteer and join the project, just let me know :D

Since the PDFs are free for everyone to download, how important do you feel it is to get a reference manual section in the FG interface?

The Reference Manual is always a good thing - BUT - be careful with copyright... The fact that someone else has written all this stuff up and is sharing it fr free doesnt mean that they havent violated someone elses copyright. I am not saying they have - just asking you to do a little checking as you dont want to be responsible for posting copyright materials.

damned
January 28th, 2019, 23:59
A cursory check and it looks like they have replaced jedi with guardian and sith with sentinel... if they have done things like that all the way thru it should be ok...

Tyrannosaurus VeX
January 29th, 2019, 17:26
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe with Star Wars "fan creations", the general rule is, you can publish things for free (fan fiction, fan art, fan films, etc), but if you charge people or make money in any way, they'll consider it copyright infringement. That's how LucasFilm/LucasBooks/LucasArts treated most stuff in the past, and so far, Disney has continued the tradition. There was recently an issue with a fan-film on YouTube that got into it with a subsidiary, but LucasFilm stepped in and straightened the mess out for the most part. Probably because it was turning into bad PR for LucasFilm/Disney.

damned
January 29th, 2019, 22:48
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe with Star Wars "fan creations", the general rule is, you can publish things for free (fan fiction, fan art, fan films, etc), but if you charge people or make money in any way, they'll consider it copyright infringement. That's how LucasFilm/LucasBooks/LucasArts treated most stuff in the past, and so far, Disney has continued the tradition. There was recently an issue with a fan-film on YouTube that got into it with a subsidiary, but LucasFilm stepped in and straightened the mess out for the most part. Probably because it was turning into bad PR for LucasFilm/Disney.

I would never call it a rule.
They are 100% within their rights to protect their copyright and for any Trademarks they must protect them or risk losing them.
If the current practice by the IP owners is to ignore it thats great. Be aware that they could change that at any time.

pico
February 6th, 2019, 15:51
Here is a game streaming using this rule set on youtube. (not me)
https://youtu.be/1YPThnOiGbI

merkvah
March 29th, 2019, 01:02
Just downloaded and installed these mods... they look incredible. Thank you very much!! I have been dying for some more Star Wars gaming, and it looks like I may get it with this. Much appreciated!!

pico
March 31st, 2019, 00:22
Just downloaded and installed these mods... they look incredible. Thank you very much!! I have been dying for some more Star Wars gaming, and it looks like I may get it with this. Much appreciated!!

Thanks. Be sure to leave any feedback on your experience. It's all very new and not well exercised. So, user feedback is what I depend on to make improvements/corrections.

Liquid_Z
April 27th, 2019, 22:37
This is awesome. Thanks!

SirArion
May 16th, 2019, 00:25
If these are referencing the Jan2019 version, when would there be an updated version reflecting the new books?

That said this is fantastic.

pico
May 16th, 2019, 15:48
I'm not sure I will. Since this project seems to be on a monthly revision schedule, and doing major updates and changes, until they release a fairly static version of the game it's extremely difficult to keep up.

I believe I have a paragraph in the Reference manual part of the module about my plans and opinions on the project changes. Since the project is not producing a product to release, this constant changing and tweaking will continue. And, the complexity of the game has increased drastically over time, moving away from the core 5e principals in my opinion. We already had several fully fleshed out complex versions of Star Wars games available, no need for another.

That being said, in Fantasy Grounds its pretty easy to update the content if something you want is missing or has changed. You can even export your own changes as a module. So, don't let my lack of progress stop you.

Darce
May 31st, 2019, 03:47
Some time in the future I would to join a StarWars campaign. I bought the hard cover several years ago but failed to get involved in a game. Hopefully FG will offer that opertunity.

Shiniou
September 24th, 2019, 09:23
No isue for starship rule ?
Custom ruleset maybi ?

Blue Haven
September 27th, 2019, 15:42
Any news on this? I checked the books and it looks pretty nice :) Like Shiniou said will you take this to the next level (ruleset)?
Thanks for your work :)

pico
September 27th, 2019, 15:52
Not at this time. The disruptive churn has settled down and there seems to be a more stable player handbook. But, the starship rules are not able to be done with a true 5e ruleset. This was frustrating because it was supposed to be a 5e game. Maybe I'll try something after Unity is released since it may have additional functionality.

Until then, this entire adaptation is available open-source on github. So anyone can take over and do any updates or changes and release their own updates.

Honestly if I were to write a ruleset, I would probably work on the Star Wars D6 system. It is very robust and well loved.

Gamerswrath
December 5th, 2019, 05:49
This is sweet. The SW5E PHB is finished. Is this module a version of the finished PHB? Also, the Monster Manual seems to be done now too. Do you plan on updating that? If not, would you be willing to explain how I go about doing it so I could try it myself?

pico
December 5th, 2019, 21:42
This is sweet. The SW5E PHB is finished. Is this module a version of the finished PHB? Also, the Monster Manual seems to be done now too. Do you plan on updating that? If not, would you be willing to explain how I go about doing it so I could try it myself?

If there is a stable release of the PHB and MM for SW5e I would definitely like to update this. I would also like to look at getting it working on FGU.
I would LOVE some help with editing the updates. If you are not familiar with GitHub, we can talk via PM. The entire PHB is in text format on GitHub, but in a format for a utility called Par5e which would just take a little time to explain.
The MM is done in a tool called NPC Engineer which might take longer to explain. But, most of the work has been in the PHB content.
You are absolutely free to take my project and redo it however you like. It is open and free for anyone to use, copy, reformat, whatever.
But, if you want me to do the compiling and just do the text editing, I can also do that. I just ran out of steam keeping up with all the constant changes.

If you have any ideas on how to implement the starship rules, I'd love to hear that too.
Pico

Gamerswrath
December 5th, 2019, 22:34
Yeah, if you go to the guys website, (https://www.sw5e.com/), you can see that the PHB was 100% finished as of 7/9/2019. Don't know if that is the 7th of September or 9th of July though but either way, it's been completed. The MM on the other hand I am unsure about. If you click Scum and Villany, (which is the MM name), it doesn't have them all in there and says "More coming soon..." However, if you click the "ASSETS," section and download the MM source book PDF, it has a far wider variety of Monsters in it and looks to be completed. The "ASSETS," section is also where you would download the completed PHB PDF.

In regards to the starship rules, I have no idea. I haven't even looked at it. Due to the way I do D&D, vehicles don't end up being a major thing. Even in a SW5E campaign, I would probably just keep it very basic and short and just freestyle it, instead of using an actual rulebook for it. Doing so would make vehicle combat much bigger than I want it to be in my campaigns.

bchaddock
December 11th, 2019, 20:14
This Still being worked on? Also has anyone made a theme for this?

pico
December 11th, 2019, 21:01
This Still being worked on? Also has anyone made a theme for this?

I am working on updating to latest PHB and MM (NPCs) versions as I write this.
The extension includes themed background images, so along with the included "grey" theme it does look a little "star wars-ish".
There have been a LOT of updates and churn with the SW5e books, so it will be a few weeks before an update is ready.

Also, the extension does not work yet for FGU.

Aurohra
March 14th, 2020, 18:45
Looking to see if this is still being updated!

pico
March 16th, 2020, 20:10
I've done some updating some of the sw5e updates a few months ago. If people are actually playing with this I'll put them into modules and update this thread.
Due to changes in the NPCEngineer tools suite, the NPC manual will no longer "compile" ( I wish I saved last years version of the software ) so I need to make some decisions on how to proceed with that module.

Aurohra
March 16th, 2020, 20:48
My crew and I are using it now! I've actually been working on compiling all of the Roll20 map/image assets into a map/image module for SW5E for FG as well.

pico
March 16th, 2020, 21:14
Ok, I'll update the Player Handbook module with the latest changes I've completed (about 3 months ago). The NPC Manual has several issues (especially spells/tech) and is missing about 75% of the content from the new NPC book. Look in the first message of this thread for updates in about a week.

Please, let me know when you find something that does not work as expected. I've gotten very little feedback and I can't possible play every possible combination to see if it works properly.

Blue Haven
March 17th, 2020, 22:50
Thank you so much for all your work :)
:)

Aurohra
March 19th, 2020, 17:39
Thanks for doing all of this. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Looking at the politician pursuit, there are two features labeled "reassemble" that bug out. One appears blank, the other appears normal.

pico
March 19th, 2020, 17:58
Thanks for the feedback. I've added this to the issue tracker on github.

Aurohra
March 19th, 2020, 18:00
I'll go ahead and bookmark the github page and post any other things I find there, so you aren't having to copy stuff over.

pico
March 19th, 2020, 18:02
Awesome!

Also, see the first post in this thread. I'm in the middle of a big NPC revamp. Some bugs may have to wait on that unless trivial.

Aurohra
March 20th, 2020, 21:01
Request to have Cathar added to PHB: https://www.sw5e.com/characters/species/Cathar

maugrim8866
April 10th, 2020, 20:05
Pico,
Thanks for sharing all your hard work!
Looks great.

I would love if the community could find a way for Star Ship Control and Combat to be as cool for this, as it is for StarFinder.
I really like what people have done for StarFinder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pdp7uHXEXw

I am wracking my brain, to find a method just to share a Data sheet, that has everything manually added for starships.
I am thinking of a Shared NPC, using the Battle Royal extension and a Note or Story entry with the data.

pico
April 10th, 2020, 22:08
The biggest issue with SW5e star ship combat is not the SW5e system, other than it claims to be a 5e system. It is nothing like 5e vehicle combat. So, in turn, because my SW5e extension for Fantasy Grounds is built upon the 5e ruleset, the star ship combat system is not part of the base 5e ruleset.

If I were to start this over again, I would seriously consider starting with the CoreRPG or Core Plus rulesets. Now, that being said, 5e is built upon the CoreRPG rules. So, there may be a way to shoehorn the space combat rules into this. The Druid Wildshape extension is an example of a character "within" another character (ships in SW5e are kind of like characters more than construct NPCs). But, SW5e has been so fluid and changing, that just getting the basic rules and NPCs into a stable module is enough of a challenge for now. They all need to take full advantage of the FG combat automation, or what's the point? The space combat can still be run, but more like you would on a less capable VTT software.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the kind words.
Pico

mostcallmetim
April 30th, 2020, 03:03
Pico,
This is amazing! Thank you so much for creating this.

Anyone tested it in Unity yet?

Kaineswiftblade
May 1st, 2020, 17:11
Minor question, could we get the Classic Yellow star wars logo as a decal? I don't know how to make it myself,If not I can look it up no problem

Kaineswiftblade
May 1st, 2020, 18:08
So I wanted to help so I created a giant star field Background Image theme, as well as the Iconic Logo as a decal...... I hope this helps some and I would like to help more in the future.

mostcallmetim
May 7th, 2020, 03:25
Awesome!

Also, see the first post in this thread. I'm in the middle of a big NPC revamp. Some bugs may have to wait on that unless trivial.

How close are you to the NPC revamp?

I downloaded the files from the first post, the stormtrooper blaster attack was input incorrectly as a side note.

I have NPC Engineer and as another side note was wondering if there should also be a way to create all the abilities as spells. Such as "burst" and "grenades". Kinda like the Rob Twohy spell effects module for class abilities but for all the Star Wars stuff.

pico
May 7th, 2020, 03:47
How close are you to the NPC revamp?

I downloaded the files from the first post, the stormtrooper blaster attack was input incorrectly as a side note.

I have NPC Engineer and as another side note was wondering if there should also be a way to create all the abilities as spells. Such as "burst" and "grenades". Kinda like the Rob Twohy spell effects module for class abilities but for all the Star Wars stuff.

The latest downloads from the GitHub site linked in the first post has much improved NPCs, but I'm only about 1/4 the way through the S&V manual. The spells should be working on the ones that are done there. I have added some effects. Read the conversion notes in the reference manual sections of the PHB and Supplement modules. I document a couple I've added there, I think grenade is one of them. The newly fixed NPCs are in the PHB module and the old NPC module will no longer be needed. I hand coded all the spell effects in the Supplement module in order to have Rob2e style effects. He gave me his blessing and it is mentioned in the reference section.

As far as progress goes, NPC Engineer only gets me so far. I need to create the NPCs there, then "repair" them because all the special creature types and damage types for SW5e are not supported in the tool. And, now to make things even worse, my windows PC graphics card went out and I am left with my MacBooks. No NPC Engineer until I scrape together some funds.

(If I had a wish, some enthusiastic soul would enter in the NPCs from the Scum & Villainy book into NPC engineer as close as you can get them and send me all the npc files. That would speed the process up incredibly).

mostcallmetim
May 7th, 2020, 04:35
I'll be that enthusiastic soul! No Joke. Should I just start from the beginning?

pico
May 7th, 2020, 14:44
So I wanted to help so I created a giant star field Background Image theme, as well as the Iconic Logo as a decal...... I hope this helps some and I would like to help more in the future.

This is great. The included SW5e rule extension should have some SW themed backgrounds as well. The more the better. Thanks

Kaineswiftblade
May 7th, 2020, 15:45
So continuing with my theme of wanting to help last night I imported all current 130 ish weapons excluding any "Buster" weapons because I don't wanna mix final fantasy with star wars..... I have also Imported all current armors, updating where needed, and about 35 of the current 104 species bringing the grand total to ( mine and Pico's ) to 65 ish? I plan to work more today to import more species cause I wanna get this done for my campaign :P.... I Made droid a single species, and made each class a subspecies, for ease of use..... I have not added pictures to anything (yet)

maugrim8866
May 8th, 2020, 13:31
I would also like to help with this.

maugrim8866
May 8th, 2020, 17:05
I noticed on the SW5e Discord, they have a chat channel for Roll20, maybe we can get them to add one for Fantasy Grounds?

pico
May 8th, 2020, 17:28
I would also like to help with this.

What I really need help with is dealing with updates to the PDFs. This is a constantly changing ruleset. The PHB module should be up to date as of January. But, so far I just get messages like "there are new updates, when will they be in the module" which doesn't help me much at all. If someone could find any updates and the page and paragraph in the PDF and enter an issue on my github(link above), I could update the module very quickly. Or, alternatively, shoot the specifics about the update in a PM to me and I'll put it in the github issue tracker for you.

I have had some interest with helping on NPCs but nothing concrete yet, would require learning NPC Engineer and coming up with some process that accommodates the differences in SW5e.

Also, I will only be doing things in the PHB and Scum & Villainy PDFs. (I added a few extra races, but will not be adding more). Anything outside those two PDFs will not be in my modules/extensions. So, anyone wishing to create modules containing what I think they call "Extended Content", go for it!

I will be getting my development moved onto my Mac and update the modules with more NPCs soon. Anyone needing a list of what NPCs I've already completed can see them in my github (PM me if you need to know where)

pico
May 9th, 2020, 01:08
Updates! See the notes in the first couple posts for this thread.

Also, got permission from u/Kualan on reddit to use his HUGE Clone Wars token collection to create some token libraries for FG. Hope to have that done soon.

maugrim8866
May 9th, 2020, 15:21
Nice
Thanks for the update Pico.
I have been going through the Scum and Villainy pdf. Using NPC Engineer and Token Tool to create NPCs.
I started at the back of the book with Spy and have been working through them. I realize I maybe be duplicating some of your work, but I found it easier to just do it then to find out if you had already.
I fully intend to share to files when complete.
That is my update.

pico
May 9th, 2020, 15:32
Nice
Thanks for the update Pico.
I have been going through the Scum and Villainy pdf. Using NPC Engineer and Token Tool to create NPCs.
I started at the back of the book with Spy and have been working through them. I realize I maybe be duplicating some of your work, but I found it easier to just do it then to find out if you had already.
I fully intend to share to files when complete.
That is my update.

I am keeping track of which ones I've done in the file below. I'll work from the beginning then, and you can see when we meet. There will be some overlap since I decided to complete the ones from the old NPC module first. PM me and we can discuss how to get the .npc files to me. And, thanks for helping!
https://github.com/BeeGrinder/FantasyGrounds-SW5e/blob/master/par5e/input/orig_npc_list.txt

pico
May 24th, 2020, 02:49
Update.
All NPCs from the Scum and Villainy PDF are now included in the PHB module.

If you see any class features, item effects, or PDF changes that are not in my modules, please let me know.

I'm considering the bulk of work on this project done now that it contains the PHB and Scum and Villainy PDF content. Expanded/Extended content will not be in my modules. I'd like to encourage others to expand into this area by publishing their own modules.

Zerriphan
May 24th, 2020, 03:03
Thanks so much for all the work you've put into this module! So pumped to have all of those stat blocks ready for my games!

BlackSoul566
July 20th, 2020, 22:50
Hey, I'm not sure what happened, but I just updated my game and now there aren't any spells showing up at all?

Edit: I figured it out! Apparently the last update unloaded the modules for whatever reason. I just had to go back into the library and reload the modules.

pico
July 20th, 2020, 22:52
Make sure both the PHB and the Supplement modules are loaded up. That's usually the cause of this issue.

Jonnygadfly
August 26th, 2020, 21:50
OP: Can you re-post the latest versions? There seems to be a number of errors I've noticed, but I think I may have older versions of the modules.
Thanks in advance

pico
August 26th, 2020, 21:54
I updated the first post when the FG Forum says my module is too big to upload, so you must get them from these links:

Extension download: https://github.com/BeeGrinder/FantasyGrounds-SW5e/tree/master/extensions
Module download: https://github.com/BeeGrinder/FantasyGrounds-SW5e/tree/master/modules

Jonnygadfly
August 26th, 2020, 22:02
Thanks for your quick reply.

It seems I do have the latest and greatest.

Are you still updating the files? If so, would you like me to report errors I find?

Thanks again.

mostcallmetim
September 16th, 2020, 22:14
Some of the NPC's are not working properly. For example the Trooper, Scout's Hold-out blaster says "Hit: 4 (1d4+2)." So, it won't do damage in the combat tracker. If I copy and edit the statblock, to say "Hit: 4 (1d4+2) energy damage." it works.

There are some other minor errors on NPC's that use spells. For FG to automate NPC spell attacks, the spell needs to say spell attack instead of tech attack in the spell discription. This is a problem on a number of spells like Choke, where it says "Make a ranged force attack". If you edit it to "Make a ranged spell attack" FG will allow you to roll the NPC's attack from the combat tracker.

Will you be making further updates or is this something we should just change on our own?

Thanks for all your work.

pico
September 16th, 2020, 22:32
I'll look into this mostcallmetim. I'll try to get to any bugs in a timely manner. But, I am not currently playing this, so it's difficult for me to find much myself.

Jonnygadfly, I'll look into anything you find. You can post the issue here, or on the github issues area (link in the first post).

Also, I'd love to hear about FGU vs. FGC issues. I've done a little testing in FGU and it seems to be working fine, but I can only try so much without actual play.

DiceandCapes
September 19th, 2020, 20:46
I put the files in the correct locations, but when I try to Create campaign in FGU, the extension does not show up in the list.

*Does it work in Unity? I see on Gitbit you tried it., thats what im using*

pico
September 19th, 2020, 22:54
Put the extension file (sw5e.ext) in the fantasy grounds extensions folder
Put the module files (SW5e Player Book.mod and SW5e Supplement.mod) in the fantasy grounds modules folder
Create a new campaign and give it a name
Pick Game System "5E"
Select extension "SW5e"
Start game
Go to "Library" in game and hit the "Modules" button at the bottom of the window.
Load both the "SW5e Player Book" and "SW5e Supplement" modules.

That should do it. So far, I've fixed any issues I've found with FGU. I am not currently running a SW5e campaign, so I'm relying on y'all to let me know if you find any.

DiceandCapes
September 20th, 2020, 16:37
I got it. For some reason when I right clicked and saved the files yesterday they were not the correct size.