PDA

View Full Version : New Token Packs

gtw2017
January 22nd, 2019, 15:01
Hi there. I'm starting to make official Token Packs from my some 5000+ map token assets for Furnishings, Decor, Traps, Magical Auras and Effects, Torchlight, Pits, Doors, Tables, Dragon Breath Weapons, Buildings and much more for Fantasy Grounds. There aren't any assets for objects like that in the store that I can see and I think its because tokens in FG need the 'Layer Extension' added that adds a 3rd layer to FG allowing tokens and PC/NPC tokens to occupy separate overlapping spaces. Without that its just a clutter. But with that extension tokens are an awesome addition to games.
I'm tired of drawing a square for a chest and other tokens used on my maps just don't look right, so I need to get them all into some packs like I did with my maps - including sets for Sci-fi and Fantasy. My query to everyone here is, are there any suggestions for tokens to include that might be greatly needed or overlooked by other token makers? Let me know so I can make it happen :) thank you.

GarthGiantbane
January 22nd, 2019, 15:33
Great idea! I once searched for corpses - dead adventures, goblins, kobolds, etc - and didn't really find anything that worked well. I think that would be a good addition.

Garth

LordEntrails
January 23rd, 2019, 00:15
Nice, if you are going through the effort of creating tokens for FG, you might also want to consider making them into symbols for CC3+. I doubt their is much more effort involved and then you would have a second market(though their is the expectation that symbol catalogs on CC can be used for commercial projects, though that's not required).

Bidmaron
January 23rd, 2019, 00:20
Exactly what I was going to say! I don’t use Trenloe ‘s wonderful extension. So I’d be more interested in higher res packs for cc3

mattekure
January 23rd, 2019, 02:58
I'll second the notion of working with the profantasy people about selling your tokens as assets for Campaign Cartographer. I know they do an annual subscription with monthly releases which add various tokens and styles and your stuff would be a great addition. Since you have so many, they might even do a bigger pack or something.

GavinRuneblade
January 23rd, 2019, 05:23
It is a smaller marked but there is also Dungeonographer (https://inkwellideas.com/) that is a market.

As for things I look for then something to cover a bit of wall with an opening. Broken versions of just about every piece of furniture and statues and doors etc. Stuff on fire. treasure piles. Art pieces. Pottery. some standard words that adventurers could use to mark parts of the map (safe, dangerous, sounds, trap, patrol, left, right). oil slicks & pools of water. merchant stalls. food. light sources in different colors. bullseye lantern line of light.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

gtw2017
February 6th, 2019, 19:30
Hey all - thanks for the feedback, I will take it into consideration as I go forward. I've assembled and submitted a 150 piece token starter pack with a broad range of tokens pre-sized and put into a module for FG. Next
This Initial FG Meanders Token Pack is the first of many planned. It features over 150 pre-sized tokens in a convenient module with a wide range of assets to suit fantasy games and in particular the Meanders Map series - allowing those who use them art assets that match.

This set is designed as a starter set with a lot of different stuff and includes: Barrels, Crates, Chests, Doors, Grates, Houses, Traps, Beds, Campfires, Bucket, Stone, Brazier, Potion, Throne, Chair, Forge, Market, Bookshelves, Tables, Jugs, Tombs, Graves, Stairs, Rowboats, Tents, a Torture Rack, Bridge, Mine Cart, Scroll, Books, Gas, Rags, Jars, Log, Rope Coil, Haystack and Skull Pillar.

GarthGiantbane
February 7th, 2019, 14:50
Kris, you should put your web address in your signature for forum posts - it was quite the romp through Google to find it :)

gtw2017
February 7th, 2019, 15:41
Hi, thats a good idea, I'll do that - signature.

I am going to be busy - but I will look into how to make the tokens CC3 compatible sometime this year.

LordEntrails
February 8th, 2019, 00:38
Hi, thats a good idea, I'll do that - signature.

I am going to be busy - but I will look into how to make the tokens CC3 compatible sometime this year.
Let me know if I can help with that.

KILLGORE
February 11th, 2019, 06:31
Hi there. I'm starting to make official Token Packs from my some 5000+ map token assets for Furnishings, Decor, Traps, Magical Auras and Effects, Torchlight, Pits, Doors, Tables, Dragon Breath Weapons, Buildings and much more for Fantasy Grounds. There aren't any assets for objects like that in the store that I can see and I think its because tokens in FG need the 'Layer Extension' added that adds a 3rd layer to FG allowing tokens and PC/NPC tokens to occupy separate overlapping spaces. Without that its just a clutter. But with that extension tokens are an awesome addition to games.
I'm tired of drawing a square for a chest and other tokens used on my maps just don't look right, so I need to get them all into some packs like I did with my maps - including sets for Sci-fi and Fantasy. My query to everyone here is, are there any suggestions for tokens to include that might be greatly needed or overlooked by other token makers? Let me know so I can make it happen :) thank you.

I really wanted to get into doing something like this! Great idea! Hope you get it done!

gtw2017
March 13th, 2019, 19:25
First one should be out on the FG Store soon...

Halki
March 13th, 2019, 20:29
Im stoked to see what you came up with, Ive been looking for something that isnt awkward for this exact use case. /waits patiently

JohnD
March 30th, 2019, 23:34

Hi. The new token module just released. Can one assume that, like the map modules, it isn't possible to use these tokens outside of FG? For example I have a hypothetical map that I want to add a few things to, save it and then add into FG... I'm guessing I can't use these tokens like that, but want to make sure.

gtw2017
April 2nd, 2019, 02:29
Hi John, afaik, FG locks the token data so the data cannot be accessed and is protected. You can get access to them through GTW versions however: https://gametilewarehouse.wixsite.com/rpgtilesupply/product-page/fg-meanders-token-pack-series-1-set-1

LordEntrails
April 2nd, 2019, 02:52
My understanding is the content creator can ask SmiteWorks to encrypt/vault the modules if they want to or not. At least at one time that was mentioned as being possible. So you should be able to to SW and find out if you want them to be encrypted or not.

mattekure
April 2nd, 2019, 12:30
Yeah, the Dec 11th updates did that for most token packs.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46925-Release-Updates-on-December-11th-2018 Every line that says "moved from vault to data" means it was moved from the encrypted vault and now appears in the modules folder and could be extracted.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2019, 20:57
My understanding is the content creator can ask SmiteWorks to encrypt/vault the modules if they want to or not.
Yep, this is the case. I've mentioned this in comments re Kris's products before. Kris - get in touch with the guys at SmiteWorks and see what they can do the remove the encryption for any of your products you'd like to make available for either: 1) People who use a demo license. 2) Users who'd like to get access to the image files for use outside of FG.

gtw2017
April 25th, 2019, 13:37
OK I'll do that. a 131 pc Sci-fi Token Pack has just been submitted to Smiteworks.

gtw2017
May 2nd, 2019, 07:27
3 New Tokens Packs submitted and on their way. A Sci-fi token set, and two more Fantasy themed token sets. More coming too...

LordEntrails
May 2nd, 2019, 07:35
Ooh, wouldn't it be nice to see some of these as a stretch goal on the KS...

gtw2017
May 6th, 2019, 10:02
Would have been, yeah :)

gtw2017
July 30th, 2019, 08:07
Token Pack 5 submitted - 6 is on its way and will contain bodies :)

gtw2017
August 2nd, 2019, 12:22
Hello - trawling this thread and will include most requests in pack 6, underway.

gtw2017
August 5th, 2019, 17:48
Meanders Token Pack 6 - Series 1 ($9.99)

This set is designed as a starter set of much-needed RPG icons, labels and symbols for use within Fantasy Grounds adventures.

Assorted shapes such as Diamonds, Stars, Circles, Triangles in a wide range of colours
Tickmarks
Height and Depth Markers from 5ft-100ft marked in colour
Compass Roses
Assorted Skull and Crossbones, Handprints, Arrows
A Range of transparent coloured Light Sources
Trap, Trap Disarm Tokens
Griffon/Shield markers for armies.
Target markers in red and yellow and transparent
Zzz markers for Gas, magic and normal sleep indication.
Treasure Chest, X and First Aid icons.
Danger Markers
A Range of colour-coded Action Labels such as Safe, Dangerous, Collapsing, Hiding, Dodging, Helping, Escaping etc.
A huge range of World Location Markers in Green and Yellow pointers for marking regional maps.
Speech bubbles and coloured tags

Should help somewhat with marking regional maps, larger scale combat simulation and here and there be handy for having a useable icon to indicate something.
(Submitted to Smiteworks).

gtw2017
August 5th, 2019, 17:50
Bodies will have to wait until pack 7.

gtw2017
September 15th, 2019, 22:46
Hi Everyone - Pack 6 was just released. Pack 7 and 8 are underway. I've covered most of the suggestions here now - Any new requests? Or feedback from existing sets?

Also - I have a note on my to-do list to contact Smiteworks about making token packs useable outside of Fantasy Grounds.

When the smoke clears I will look into making them available for Campaign Cartographer as was also requested.

gtw2017
September 18th, 2019, 21:25
Pack 7 submitted to Smiteworks:

This token set features lots of blood and gore and much-needed entrances, exits and specialized terrain features. It has prone bodies bloody and unbloody, blood smears, broken weapons and shields of war, arena traps including the devastating rollers of death, ropes over chasms, ropes, a huge variety of stairs, terraces, ladders, bridges, revolving doors, sewer grates, optical hole illusions (for ladder and rope) as well as general furnishings. In addition it features a new element to my map packs called 'Transitions' that offer lava, slime and a chasm with outcropping rocks that you can use to block halls or drop down as large obstacles for players.

Prone Bodies, bloody and unbloody

Broken/Damaged/Blood Swords and Shields

Swords and Shields

Crates, Boxes and Barrels Cluster

Anvil and Forge

Standing Suits of Armour

Blood Smears

Arena Style Traps (Hover over them and use mousewheel to make them revolve!)

Broken Wall Section

Dresser, Table of War, Guards Beds, Table and Coins, Throne Chairs, Workbench

Four Different Kinds of Timber Stairs, Terrace Landings and Terraces

Multiple Spiral Staircases and a Large Assortment of Stairs

Transitions: Lava, Lava B, Slime, Slime B, Chasm.

Stretched Ropes and Rope over Chasm, Rising/Disappearing into the ground

Sewer Gratings, Loose Timber Planking

Flat Ladders, Ascending/Descending, Rising/Disappearing into the ground

Various Animal Rugs

gtw2017
November 30th, 2019, 15:38

Hello. 15 new token packs are in development and due to be submitted to Smiteworks in the next few days. There are seven 150 piece fantasy furnishings sets, three faction banner/flag/standards sets, four coin/symbol sets and one 300 piece fire and ice fantasy furnishing set with fire and ice themed items from the seven original packs. A total of 2500 tokens especially suited to go with Meanders modular battlemaps.

[Edit: PS - I will be attempting to fix the naming convention of all these packs in early 2020 and add a thumbnail missing from an earlier release. I am simply unable to spend the time on it right now but I am aware of it.]

What do you prefer: a) MEANDERS TOKENS 1, MEANDERS TOKENS 2...
or------ b) TOKENS 1 Meanders, TOKENS 2 Meanders...
or........ c) GTW TOKENS 1, GTW TOKENS 2....

PPS [Edit2: I'm aware Unity's LOS will change a lot of things - but I'm nonetheless working on an extensive light source set token set 23 that can be used in classic - feel free to make new suggestions for needed tokens and I will try to create them.]

Bidmaron
November 30th, 2019, 16:47
Kris I would buy this, but I despise top-down tokens. If you did front tokens, I’m in.

gtw2017
November 30th, 2019, 16:52
Interesting. The banners are technically front-facing.
Coins on the other hands, seem to have special relativity, because they can be Either side-on or top-down simultaneously.
But the fantasy decor sets are top-down to match my Meanders Maps and other Token Sets.

But no problem Bidmaron - by front-facing decor do you mean isometric?

Bidmaron
November 30th, 2019, 17:05
No just front on. The banners suffice I think. I had forgotten you were doing that. If you have a banner for every top down that would actually be perfect. Sold

Mortar
November 30th, 2019, 17:12
I always needs more tokens!

gtw2017
December 1st, 2019, 03:21
Bidmaron, when you say banners - what exactly do you mean? Do you mean text labels?

Bidmaron
December 1st, 2019, 04:22
You are the one that said banners. I just want tokens that are front-facing. The top-downs are bizarre and unnatural. Most poses have them with their arms jutting out at unnatural angles so you can see something more than the top of the head and shoulders.

I just bought several sets of your tokens.

LordEntrails
December 1st, 2019, 04:32
I assume banners = portraits :)

Trenloe
December 1st, 2019, 04:46
Banners are, you know, banners - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banner

See the graphic Kris attached to post #29. Zoom in on the two top-left packs - it's not great detail but you get the idea.

Bidmaron
December 1st, 2019, 14:23
I should say I am fine with furniture and props that are top down but for bipeds at the very least, I want front view tokens. Detail is crap for top down

esmdev
December 1st, 2019, 21:56
Is there a token pack 2? I cannot seem to find it on the store. I can see the other numbered packs, just not 2.

gtw2017
December 2nd, 2019, 04:53
Hi - it seems like a silly question, but sometimes what I mean by banners isn't what someone else interprets. As my career as a cartographer and from experience many art-based commissions - has taught me, always clarify exactly what is meant. In this case I mean what Trenloe means, symbolic flags that are hung. Used to represent armies, factions, houses, regions, important regimental differences in station, i.e, captain, lieutenant, king - areas under control of certain forces, loyalties - etc - as well as simply decoration, props, personal standard banner, allegiance etc. There aren't any in the market so I've supplied 300 or so.

Thanks very much for buying the token packs you did Bidmaron, I don't actually do any creature based art (not yet at least) beyond top down prop animals (horse, bull, pig, chicken) as I believe that market is well taken care of and I don't have the time to learn foreshortening, and am more happy creating battlemaps and using the top-down tokens of others. But I did also create labels which were scrolls with location/artisan names written on them [for Mapslap (which would have been token pack 8) but which Smiteworks did not want to release yet.] that could also have been described as banners.

Yes, token pack 2 is sci-fi themed, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGANYGTWMSFTPS1S2
The keyword to put in the search-bar to find ANY of my stuff is 'Meanders'.
When I was starting out it was quite overwhelming and my naming convention was not as precise as it could have been - in 2020 I will attempt to fix this. There are some other minor issues that I want to fix to such as a double-up of a map on one of the packs, a missing thumbnail etc but haven't had time to address - but I am acutely aware of my products and will be amending any errors even minor ones to improve the overall continuity and clarity of what I sell on the market.

Bidmaron
December 2nd, 2019, 22:32
I really like what I’ve bought, Kris. Nice work. Not into the sci fi

gtw2017
December 3rd, 2019, 00:56
I really like what I’ve bought, Kris. Nice work. Not into the sci fi

Great! And thank you very much for your support.

gtw2017
December 20th, 2019, 10:08
Hello, sorry, but the 2000 or so new fantasy tokens I have ready are on hold until FGU is released.
I may do a kickstarter to get them out earlier. Watch this space.

Kind Regards,
Kris