PDA

View Full Version : Spell Scrolls for spells not in the DMG

Paperclipkiller
January 19th, 2019, 22:22
For spells not in the DMG, is the reason there are no spell scrolls for them simply because Spell Scrolls are mentioned as magic items only in the DMG and not other books? I noticed there were no spell scrolls for any other book. Even if Spell Scrolls are not mentioned in the other books, having the spell scrolls for them added as items would be amazing. I understand wanting to put in only what WOTC puts in the book though if that is the case.

Zacchaeus
January 19th, 2019, 22:26
Yes, the spell scrolls are created with the DMG and use only the spells from the Player's handbook to do so. I'll have a look at maybe including scrolls for the spells in other modules but they would only appear in those modules; I can't put them into the DMG.

GavinRuneblade
January 20th, 2019, 04:37
For spells not in the DMG, is the reason there are no spell scrolls for them simply because Spell Scrolls are mentioned as magic items only in the DMG and not other books? I noticed there were no spell scrolls for any other book. Even if Spell Scrolls are not mentioned in the other books, having the spell scrolls for them added as items would be amazing. I understand wanting to put in only what WOTC puts in the book though if that is the case.

It is pretty easy to make them for yourself. Just replace the link from the old spell to the one you want and fix the price based on level. The description of the scroll is generic wording about what scrolls are and how they work.

lostsanityreturned
January 21st, 2019, 18:55
Yes, the spell scrolls are created with the DMG and use only the spells from the Player's handbook to do so. I'll have a look at maybe including scrolls for the spells in other modules but they would only appear in those modules; I can't put them into the DMG.

So far that would only be Elemental Evil / PotA and Xanathars Guide no?

Zacchaeus
January 21st, 2019, 20:44
Actually only Xanathar since all of the spells from Elemental Evil are included in there. I've amended Xanathar and the amended module should get released tomorrow I think.

Paperclipkiller
January 27th, 2019, 21:28
Actually only Xanathar since all of the spells from Elemental Evil are included in there. I've amended Xanathar and the amended module should get released tomorrow I think.

Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica also have unique spells.

It's very appreciated that you added them in! Thank you so much!

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2019, 22:23
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica also have unique spells.

It's very appreciated that you added them in! Thank you so much!

I'll add them in when I next update those.