PDA

View Full Version : WHFRP: Can't find a watchman when you want one?

Salar
August 13th, 2006, 12:01
I'm cross posting this from the Azureawfrp board to try & get as much coverage as possible. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Hi all,
I'm have a cracking time getting to grips with setting up a WHFRP adventure (I'm setting up 'through the drakwald' for my little posse & to give me an idea how to use the GM tools) but I'm having a little trouble. The first encounter calls for the arrival of 3 watchmen to help out the PCs (if necessary). Within the Monster lists are NPC town guards (sergeant, captain and knight) but no common watchman.
I've checked the source code and the watchman is detailed there, but it isn't making it to the programme. Any ideas?
John

tdwyer11b
August 13th, 2006, 12:33
I'm cross posting this from the Azureawfrp board to try & get as much coverage as possible. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Hi all,
I'm have a cracking time getting to grips with setting up a WHFRP adventure (I'm setting up 'through the drakwald' for my little posse & to give me an idea how to use the GM tools) but I'm having a little trouble. The first encounter calls for the arrival of 3 watchmen to help out the PCs (if necessary). Within the Monster lists are NPC town guards (sergeant, captain and knight) but no common watchman.
I've checked the source code and the watchman is detailed there, but it isn't making it to the programme. Any ideas?
John

I would check the descriptions out, obviously theres a node but probably has no info in it.

Salar
August 13th, 2006, 12:44
in rulesets>wfrp2>database>WH_monsters...

- <node name="npcwatchman1">
<stringvalue name="name" value="NPC Town Guard" />
- <formattedtext name="text">
<p>Being a watchman is a dangerous job. Some of them are as crooked as the crooks they chase.</p>
<p>This creature can be found in the Stat Sheets, or in WFRP2:59</p>
</formattedtext>
<intvalue name="weaponskill" value="36" />
<intvalue name="ballisticskill" value="39" />
<intvalue name="strength" value="40" />
<intvalue name="toughness" value="38" />
<intvalue name="agility" value="40" />
<intvalue name="intelligence" value="48" />
<intvalue name="willpower" value="34" />
<intvalue name="fellowship" value="32" />
<intvalue name="attacks" value="1" />
<intvalue name="wounds" value="13" />
<intvalue name="strengthbonus" value="4" />
<intvalue name="toughnessbonus" value="3" />
<intvalue name="movement" value="4" />
<intvalue name="magic" value="0" />
<intvalue name="insanity" value="0" />
<intvalue name="fatepoints" value="2" />
<stringvalue name="skills" value="WFRP2:59" />
<stringvalue name="talents" value="WFRP2:59" />
<stringvalue name="armour" value="Leather Jack" />
<stringvalue name="armourpoints" value="H:0,B:1,A:1,L:0" />
<stringvalue name="weapons" value="HW" />
<stringvalue name="career" value="Watchman" />
<stringvalue name="equipment" value="Lantern, Oil, Uniform, Manacles" />
<stringvalue name="appearance" value="Missing Nail" />
<stringvalue name="phrases" value="Halt! Whats your business here." />
<stringvalue name="insanities" value="None" />
<stringvalue name="slaughtermargin" value="Routine" />
</node>

Valgard
August 13th, 2006, 19:29
I'm not sure but I think the problem might lie in the fact that there are two nodes named npcwatchman1. Try renaming the Town Guard Sergeant node to npcwatchman2. Hopefully that should fix it.

Ian

Salar
August 13th, 2006, 20:33
I'm not sure but I think the problem might lie in the fact that there are two nodes named npcwatchman1. Try renaming the Town Guard Sergeant node to npcwatchman2. Hopefully that should fix it. Ian

Well done that man!!!
Both town guard and watch sergeant had been named npcwatchman1 as you said. I changed the sergeant to npcwatchman2 and we're cooking with gas! Many thanks for that Ian. I think I may have got it eventually but I couldn't see the woods for the trees. :rolleyes:
I'll post this across to the azureawfrp yahoogroup so that others can make the necessary alteration themselves.
John

nezzir
August 18th, 2006, 13:02
Sorry about that, I keyed in all those entries in like 2 days. I'd be shocked if that's the only one. I updated that for the next release which I'm holding off till release of the next version of FG.