PDA

View Full Version : A way for FG to show the First and Second roll with ADV / DISADV?

BrettM
January 17th, 2019, 23:53
I did a quick wiki / manual search for this. I know when rolling Advantage (or Disadvantage) FG displays something like "Dropped 6 -- 13" where it's telling me 2d20 were rolled, and it dropped the 6 and kept the 13. What it doesn't tell me (or I'm missing something) is which die was rolled "first". I.e., was it 6 then 13 or 13 then 6.

Why am I being so picky? Sometimes players in my game roll at Adv or Disadv by mistake, or they left an effect on that forces Adv / Disadv when it shouldn't, etc., so if (and yes... this is picky :> ) FG showed the order of the rolls, we would just take the "first" roll and move on.

Is there an option for this in FG, or someway to determine this? If not, I'll just tell my gang to deal with it :> .

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
January 18th, 2019, 00:04
Both dice are rolled at the same time; just as you would at the tabletop. So you can’t distinguish which is first or second.

BrettM
January 18th, 2019, 00:08
Thanks Zacchaeus -- I figured this was the case. All the best!

Moon Wizard
January 18th, 2019, 00:11
I just make the player re-roll without ADV/DISADV if they make a mistake.

Regards,
JPG

BrettM
January 18th, 2019, 00:13
JPG -- that's one way we've been handling it. I have a great gang of players, so I've playfully told them if they forget to turn off effects, etc., I'm taking whatever roll is worst for them :P .

The High Druid
January 18th, 2019, 15:15
I handle it slightly differently. e.g. if both dice would have either succeeded or failed, then there's no need to roll again because either would have "worked".

GavinRuneblade
January 19th, 2019, 07:05
I handle it slightly differently. e.g. if both dice would have either succeeded or failed, then there's no need to roll again because either would have "worked".

This is what I do.