PDA

View Full Version : Script error when NPC tokens already on, or added to, a map.

Majyk
January 15th, 2019, 06:25
There is one error that is occurring in the game for the players and usually shows up when the combat tracker(CT) is shared, followed by any map.
It seems to occur when either NPC tokens are added to the map or if they are already on a map, pre-setup.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/521924519217201154/528199977663594507/unknown.png

I want to say I noticed this after the last update or two for FG within the last month. I think it might have something to do with showing Identity in the CT.
Apologies for not having confirmation more than the above info but I think I have witnessed this in two different RM campaigns. Also, Appearance seems to not work on the main tab of RMC for Dunadan’s campaign, only allowing a single numeric digit vs double digit entry - with an error showing up, then, also.

I’ll confirm this Friday for both items.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2019, 16:45
I've moved this post to it's own thread. In future, please try not to post about an issue in an existing issue thread unless it's *exactly* the same issue being experienced. Start a new thread for a new issue. This allows each issue to be addressed by the community on it's own right and doesn't hijack an existing user's issue, discussion and resolution process. Thanks.

Majyk
January 15th, 2019, 19:42
Thanks, man. I’m in Dunadan’s campaign where this is occurring so added it only due to that.
Appreciate the work to move this.
Cheers!

Dakadin
January 16th, 2019, 02:01
Hi Majyk,

For the appearance issue, is Dunadan using any extensions? The reason that I ask is appearance in the RMC ruleset is a number and not a string so I am trying to figure out how it thinks it is a string.

I can duplicate the CT issue so I will investigate it and let you know what I find.

dunadan
January 16th, 2019, 03:44
I have the following extensions enabled:
FGRandom
RMC Stats Smooth
Rolemaster Hide Skills

Other extensions are present, but not loaded (see attachment).

Tx
Micheal

Dakadin
January 16th, 2019, 04:36
Thanks. The FGRandom extension is causing the appearance error. I am trying to pin point where it is being caused.

Moon Wizard
January 17th, 2019, 16:56
Just pushed an update to the RMC ruleset for the script error reported in the original post.

Regards,
JPG

dunadan
January 17th, 2019, 23:09
Just downloaded the update.

We are playing tonight. So will let you know how we go.

Many thanks

Dakadin
January 18th, 2019, 01:40
Thanks JPG!

Also the Random extension is duplicating a few of the template names in the RMC ruleset. That is why the appearance stat is giving the error. Since appearance doesn't usually change much you might be able to disable the extension while making characters and then enable it when you are playing. But there might be other fields where this can happen also since a few templates are impacted by this.

dunadan
January 18th, 2019, 01:49
OK, will try disabling FGRandom when creating characters next.

Although the players are hoping they won't need to create new characters any time soon... :D

Ardem
February 6th, 2019, 14:08
Looks like I will need to fix FRP as well, since got error tonight back in the swing it was showing up the identity not the first glance.

Joy. <smile>

Is there a changelist from what was updated, atleast xmls, so I do not need to wade through every one.

Dakadin
February 7th, 2019, 02:52
Here are the changes:

ct/ct_combatpanels.xml, Line 16: setEnabled -> setPanelEnabled
ct/ct_combatpanels.xml, Line 1554: setEnabled -> setPanelEnabled
ct/ct_combatpanels.xml, Line 1787: setEnabled -> setPanelEnabled
ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua, Line 136-137: setEnabled -> setPanelEnabled

Just change all instances in the Combat Tracker of setEnabled in your extension to setPanelEnabled and it should fix it.

Ardem
February 7th, 2019, 03:17
awesome thanks mate.

and line 253, 781, 784-787 in ct_entry.lua

Ardem
February 7th, 2019, 04:40
Fixed the appearance Error, was due to dakadin and I using the same template name for labelednumber, changed mine to rndlabelednumber. So inconsiderate Dakadin. <grin>

FGRandomed seem to be operational again.

Majyk
February 7th, 2019, 05:43
You guys *so* rock.

Thanks for adding, “Snap, Deliberate, React and Melee”, and other mods for the FRP Echoes of Heaven game, Ardem!
Now, combat is gonna fly! :)

Andraax
February 7th, 2019, 12:00
Fixed the appearance Error, was due to dakadin and I using the same variables for labelednumber, changed mine to rndlabelednumber. So inconsiderate Dakadin. <grin>

You don't make your variables local?

Ardem
February 7th, 2019, 23:05
You don't make your variables local?

It actually really was the labelednumber template, cannot make that local, as it required to be pushed to every section. I grabbed this template a long time ago from dnd 3.5 before RM had it, as RM used labelednumberx, then dakadin change it at some point to the standard labelednumber template. It is not a big deal was having my normal poking of fun at dakadin, we normally do that at each other.

And yeah all my script variables are local.

Dakadin
February 8th, 2019, 02:27
It's always been labelednumber in the RMC ruleset. I just checked all the way back to when I first took over the ruleset. I would guess that I changed the template at some point and you didn't realize it. ;)

Ardem
February 8th, 2019, 02:34
It's always been labelednumber in the RMC ruleset. I just checked all the way back to when I first took over the ruleset. I would guess that I changed the template at some point and you didn't realize it. ;)

Mate, That would not be unusual for me, I would not realise it if the moon disappeared from the sky hehehehe.

Dakadin
February 8th, 2019, 02:36
LOL. I couldn't remember either so I doubled checked. :p