PDA

View Full Version : LFG 2 newbies to both FG and tabletop RPGs looking for beginner-friendly campaign

StarMadeKnight
January 13th, 2019, 03:20
FG License: None, but can purchase what's needed
Time Zone: PST US
Day(s) of week, and time: M-Th after 6pm PST
Term: Neither of us have played before but would both be willing to commit to a longer term campaign
Voice: Have Discord & Skype installed. Willing to download other programs as needed.
Game System Preferred: Pathfinder or 5E but willing to learn others
Game System Experience: None
Fantasy Grounds Experience: None

My friend and I are interested in getting started in an RPG campaign here on FG, we're both in our late 20s working full time M-F so we would need a group that plays a little bit later in the evening during the week, preferably on a weekly or biweekly basis (neither of us would be able to make a regular commitment on weekends right now). We're both lifelong fantasy junkies and fans of podcasts like Glass Cannon and The Adventure Zone. Being new to the scene, we are extremely flexible on game system, party composition, etc. If you're willing to be patient with us and show us the ropes, we can fill just about any niche your party needs!

Stevefromtopsfield
January 15th, 2019, 00:20
My roomate and I both recently got Fantasy Grounds installed and are looking to do just that, get a group started that's fairly serious about playing. Still having a good time, but want to get serious. You know what I mean. Anyway, I recently purchased the Dungeon of the Mad Mage module, and I was hoping to GM a game for 4-5 players who like me and my roomie all need to learn the ropes as we go. I've been practicing with FG a lot and I'm ready to help teach newb's I think, as well as studied lot's of videos online on all the functions, and watched so many hours of live streams. I figure by the time we all learn and get characters to level 5 we'll be ready to hit the Yawning Portal and go down into the UnderDark and visit the Mad Mage's Realm of mischief (Chris Perkins designed a wicked book). Still early planning but who knows, I would def. be doing a weeknight like 7-10 6-10 pm whatever.

StarMadeKnight
January 16th, 2019, 02:09
Hey, thanks for the reply! We would definitely be interested in an arrangement like that where we can all kind of figure it out together haha. Besides my friend and myself, I have one other person in a similar situation who PM'd me the other day and would be interested in joining our group as well, with your roommate that would make 4 in the party, definitely could be workable :)

Stevefromtopsfield
January 16th, 2019, 22:37
pm sent

LawDawg
January 17th, 2019, 00:43
I am fairly new at FG and would be interested in joining in, if you could stand another player. My only issue is that I am in a game on Thursday nights with Wednesdays as backups, so it would have to be on Monday or Tuesday.

nessnbob
January 17th, 2019, 17:20
I have played lots D&D 2e back in the day. Recently found FG and am still learning it and 5e, but have played a dozen or so games and been GM for a few as well. I am in a Wednesday night campaign, other than that, if you want another player or some one to run a game Let me know.
Discord nessnbob #9045

Pagemistress
January 17th, 2019, 22:06
I was a DM back in 2nd Edition. I'd love to join a group as a player. M-F after 6 works great.

Stevefromtopsfield
January 17th, 2019, 22:50
StarMadeKnight and I are going to try and connect on Discord this weekend and get a game plan together if things are copacetic. I am going to try and set up a calendar thingy on this site. I'm totally new here and need to do some research this week. I know how to use FG interface fairly well, and can teach everyone who needs help. I figure myself, my roommate, StarMadeKnight, a friends or two of his, well that makes 1 dm / 3-4 pc's and I think 5 is ideal. I have the regular license and have purchased the 5e players handbook ready to share for player creation, as well as the Dungeon of the Mad Mage module. I downloaded two free modules that can work towards getting players to level 5, or we can build level 5 characters and jump right into the Dungeon of the MM. Once we have a group selected we can discuss that. I'm really open to anything.