PDA

View Full Version : Missing refreshers in encounter builder?

Minty23185Fresh
January 10th, 2019, 18:22
I am updating the Field Filters for All Libraries (FFAL) extension. Catching up with some minor things I neglected to include earlier.

In the past I was asked if I would make FFAL support the 3.5E/Pathfinder rulesets. I really don't know anything about the 3.5E ruleset or Fantasy Grounds' implementation of it so I need a favor.

Looking at the 3.5E ruleset code, it appears as though there should be some sort of "recalculate" or "refresh" button for the CR and XP fields in encounters. When I create a new encounter and then drop a couple NPCs into it, the refresh button fails to appear. I don't know if this is a bug or if this is expected behavior and I've failed to do something to get the button to become visible. Please advise.

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about.
25918]

Trenloe
January 10th, 2019, 18:49
Unlock the record.

Minty23185Fresh
January 10th, 2019, 19:14
Unlock the record.

I tried that before posting and again just now. Do you have the refreshers?

Trenloe
January 10th, 2019, 19:39
Do you have the refreshers?
Yes.

Minty23185Fresh
January 10th, 2019, 20:12
Trenloe, I remembered you were a Pathfinder guy... It works with Pathfinder but not with just the 3.5E ruleset loaded. I'm currently working with just the 3.5E ruleset. Should there be a difference in functionality between the two?
(BTW. I rebooted the PC, Checked for updates, and rebooted again, just so everything was fresh and clean.)

Trenloe
January 10th, 2019, 20:53
PFRPG uses the 3.5E ruleset. There is a DataCommon.isPFRPG flag used to determine if Pathfinder specific code needs to be executed instead of the base 3.5E code.

Look in 3.5E campaign\record_encounter.xml - DataCommon.isPFRPG is used to set the visibility of the refresher buttons. You can drill down within this to see the LUA code being used to calculate the CR/XP - I'm guessing it is specific to Pathfinder CR/XP, which is a little different from 3.5E.

Minty23185Fresh
January 10th, 2019, 22:24
My original post was a little too nebulous. I am trying to ascertain as to whether or not to report this as a bug. The button objects are present in the 3.5E code but don't function properly in that ruleset. To me, having something that doesn't work, seems like a bug. Should I report it as a bug?

Trenloe
January 11th, 2019, 05:19
My original post was a little too nebulous.
Yeah. ;)

I am trying to ascertain as to whether or not to report this as a bug. The button objects are present in the 3.5E code but don't function properly in that ruleset. To me, having something that doesn't work, seems like a bug. Should I report it as a bug?
As there is specific code to only display the buttons for Pathfinder, and the code that does the calculations is Pathfinder specific, then I'd say it's expected behaviour.