PDA

View Full Version : Uploading Homebrew Classes

GM Hedgehogs
January 10th, 2019, 11:40
Just bought a big bundle of Fantasy grounds stuff in the Christmas sale. Currently mid campaign in Strahd and planning to use FG for maps and when PC's cant make it. One of my pc's is playing a Lingering Soul, which is one of the Mat Mercer Hombrews. To add this to FG do i have to go and upload all the information into a new class or is there a quicker way? Also if i am planning my sessions on my Desktop but am going to be running them on my Laptop is there any way of transferring the Campaign file over easily? Can i just email/use a memory stick?

Thank you for your time

Zacchaeus
January 10th, 2019, 13:01
Hi Hedgehogs welcome to FG.

Video on how to create your own classes here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37112-New-Class-Creation-Video).

You can install FG on both your desktop and laptop. Copy the campaign folder from the FGData folder on the desktop to the same location on the laptop. You'll find your data in the FGData folder (Click the small folder icon top right of the start screen to open it).

Mortar
January 10th, 2019, 13:09
Email, USB stick, external hard drives and cloud storage can all be used to transfer your data back and forth. Note, that if you use cloud storage do NOT set it to actively sync FG data - it will cause data corruption problems. Manually sync the data before/after sessions.

GM Hedgehogs
January 10th, 2019, 15:47
Thanks you!