PDA

View Full Version : Previous Page / Next Page Buttons at bottom of Story pages

Talith666
January 7th, 2019, 01:47
I tend to expand upon official DnD modules, and as such I add and remove pages as I see fit.

I have noticed the little buttons at the bottom: Previous Page (little left facing arrow) and Next Page (little right facing arrow)

I have noticed as I add and remove pages, sometimes these vanish, or jump forwards / backwards several pages

Is there any way to manipulate them to point to the correct pages?

damned
January 7th, 2019, 02:33
reload the client and they will rebuild

Moon Wizard
January 7th, 2019, 04:00
The story entries are specifically grouped by module and group name; then ordered by the name of the story entry. If you are editing the information in modules; you may need to reload to get the revised order saved to memory. I'm not certain if/when it is cached without fully reviewing the code.

You can use the /reload command while no players are connected to force a UI reload.

Regards,
JPG

Tielc
February 25th, 2019, 18:14
I've added story pages, following the format used in Curse of Strahd. For example, I'm creating an entry with all of the NPCs on it in chapter 03.02.01 Village of Barovia NPCs. It shows up in the filtered list as I added to the correct group. But when I use the next and previous arrows, this story entry never comes up. Is this not possible?

LordEntrails
February 25th, 2019, 18:25
I've added story pages, following the format used in Curse of Strahd. For example, I'm creating an entry with all of the NPCs on it in chapter 03.02.01 Village of Barovia NPCs. It shows up in the filtered list as I added to the correct group. But when I use the next and previous arrows, this story entry never comes up. Is this not possible?
One, you can't add pages to a locked module, so you are creating campaign story entries, not sure if the arrows will work mixing module and campaign entries. BUT, I do know that the arrows don't update dynamically. You might have to completely exit the campaign to get them to update, though you can try just closing all story windows and the story list.

Tielc
February 25th, 2019, 18:40
I've completely restarted the game, apparently you can't mix and match, or rather add to a purchased AP and have those buttons incorporate your own content along side the existing content.

LordEntrails
February 25th, 2019, 19:01
Moon's earlier comment says they are grouped by module then group name. So I assume there is no to get what you want.