PDA

View Full Version : Custom Condition Effect Issue

ItsCliffGaming
January 6th, 2019, 05:34
So, when creating custom "Conditions" in the "Effects" window, it doesn't allow me to use some of the modifiers, like [PRF]. When I create them from the Actions tab, I can make it work just fine, but when I add them to the Custom Condition Effects, it just shows up as "ATK: [-PRF];" - instead of "ATK: -4;" like it would from the Actions tab.

Is there different syntax to use, or is this just a limitation of the system?

Zacchaeus
January 6th, 2019, 05:49
No, there isn’t. In order for PCTags such as STR and PRF to work FG must know whose strength or proficiency you want the tag for. So those tags only work from the PC action tab. You can’t use them in the custom effects dialog because there is no relationship that FG can see in order to determine the value.

ItsCliffGaming
January 6th, 2019, 05:51
No, there isn’t. In order for PCTags such as STR and PRF to work FG must know whose strength or proficiency you want the tag for. So those tags only work from the PC action tab. You can’t use them in the custom effects dialog because there is no relationship that FG can see in order to determine the value.

Thanks for the info. This saddens me to hear, but at least now I can stop trying to create workarounds that just won't work!

AdrielLBR
June 17th, 2020, 21:59
Perhaps can you show us how should be written?

May case: i'm trying to make a condition as a class spell effect for the barbarian rage, but it is not working at all.

Zacchaeus
June 17th, 2020, 23:09
See here for how to set up Barbarian Rage https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/884913/5E+Effects+for+Advanced+Automation#Specific-PC-Ability/Trait-Examples

AdrielLBR
June 18th, 2020, 00:27
Forgot to say that is for Pathfinder First Edition. My bad :(

LordEntrails
June 18th, 2020, 01:10
Forgot to say that is for Pathfinder First Edition. My bad :(
You will need to ask this in the 3.5/PF sub-forum. Questions, and users, here are focused on D&D 5E and won't be the best source for your answer.