PDA

View Full Version : One Player Takes Forever From Launcher to In-Game

3dartwork
January 6th, 2019, 02:05
I have stopped sharing everything, I don't share modules or books, I removed all but 4 MB of images in the maps/images folder. I have extremely fast internet connection. The second player has no problems and gets in quickly. But the one other player IS on DSL but has never had issues up until tonight. Now when "Downloading Files" appears on his screen, it takes absolutely forever.

I have everything removed on my end. Does he need to remove files on his? I'm the DM, he's just a player. Everything I thought was saved on my computer?

LordEntrails
January 6th, 2019, 02:11
What's his bandwidth? If it's only one player, then it has to do with that player's connection. He can clear his cache (nuke button on the launch screen) but then he will have to download everything again.

Any connection type issues should only happen once, after that he will already have everything loaded and FG won't re-download it. Unless he clears his cache, changes computers, changes user names on the log in screen, changes from using alias vs IP or the other way.

The other folder to be aware of is the tokens/shared folder.

3dartwork
January 6th, 2019, 02:20
Thanks, it turned out to be his cache. He never cleared it out. I had no idea it had anything to do with it because everything I thought was on my side. That's all it took? Amazing.

Appreciate. We are back up and running.