PDA

View Full Version : Replace of a windowclass: Am I doing it wrong?

st4lk3r87
January 5th, 2019, 23:23
Hello everyone!

I'm working on a simple extension and I'm apparently fighting with some merging rules.
I'd like to replace a windowclass ( 5e ruleset - "char_weaponmeta" ) and I defined it on my custom xml file. Unfortunately nothing happens; the window remains exactly as the original. I don't get any error in the console.

This is how the "new" char_weaponmeta looks like.

<windowclass name="char_weaponmeta">
<frame>charsheethelper</frame>
<placement>
<size width="400" height="175" />
</placement>
<nodelete />
<playercontrol />
<sheetdata>
<button_checkbox name="twoweaponfighting">
<anchored width="25" height="25">
<top offset="5" />
<right anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="0" />
</anchored>
</button_checkbox>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

As I wrote above, I still get the original char_weaponmeta.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't understand what. Can you help me?
Many Thanks!

st4lk3r87
January 5th, 2019, 23:26
Aaaand there we go... I realized the mistake immediately after posting. There are other conflicts with another extension! Sorry! :D

MadBeardMan
January 5th, 2019, 23:56
Aaaand there we go... I realized the mistake immediately after posting. There are other conflicts with another extension! Sorry! :D

Welcome the club, the answer is always apparent the moment you ask others for help, had the same thing myself today and do on a number of regular occasions!

celestian
January 6th, 2019, 00:07
Talking to the rubber duck (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging) tends to help.

MadBeardMan
January 6th, 2019, 00:10
Talking to the rubber duck (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging) tends to help.

Haha this is why as Lead Developer at work I make my team work in pairs, less 'people' coding, but higher output as less time scratching heads!

I could do with someone to pair up with here on FG stuff at times, though I'll talk to my Teddy Bear, that might help!

st4lk3r87
January 6th, 2019, 00:14
Haha this is why as Lead Developer at work I make my team work in pairs, less 'people' coding, but higher output as less time scratching heads!
Exactly what happens in my team :)