PDA

View Full Version : LFP for D&D 5e group...

Jiriki13
January 5th, 2019, 06:22
I am currently DM'ing Tyranny of Dragons - Hoard of the Dragon Queen. We play Thursday nights from 6pm EST - 9pm EST. I work nights and have a rotating schedule which means occasionally my nights off may coincide with Thursday games meaning if everyone else wants to we can play longer that 9pm EST. I'm new to DM'ing on FG and only have a familiarization with it even from a player stand point. I'm also new to DM'ing 5e and still learning all the rules. I've been playing RPGs (mostly D&D) for 30 years, both as a player and DM.

Be aware that there will be times when I have to cancel due to my job. My normal work schedule is from 10pm EST - 6am EST. My job is one in which I can be mandated to either work late (until 10am) or come in early (at 6pm) to work a 12 hour shift. I just want to make anyone that may be interested aware of this fact that there will be times when the game will be cancelled due to me getting called in early.

Classes currently represented are a bard, sorcerer, fighter, ranger.

Rule set: D&D 5e
Setting: Forgotten Realms
PC starting level: 2
Ability generation: Standard point buy system from PHB.
Voice: Discord

Available source books: PHB, DMG, MM, XGtE, SAG, MToF, and Hoard of the Dragon Queen. These are all the books I have bought access to in FG, so this is all I'm allowing for now.

No player races with flight allowed.

One more thing, for communication I would like to either have an email address or you can join the facebook group I have created for this campaign.

GrimmStories
January 5th, 2019, 16:08
Yo, some helpful tidbits. Discord is a communication device that is like having a email or Facebook group already and has a app for phones also if you're using this site this also has messaging function. You can allow all content the D&D has publish books even though you don't own the modules as long as the player owns it. Downside is only that player has access to the module, but as the DM once the player builds the character you can look it over and read the abilities of the PC. Not sure if you made your decision with that knowledge in mind, but if you didn't know, now you know. Hope you enjoy FG is a useful setup.