PDA

View Full Version : Demo client not connecting to Host

Rusher
January 3rd, 2019, 05:17
Hi,

I have a person trying to join a game I am hosting.
The support folks here were able to connect to my game and I was able to connect to theirs without issue.

A different player is trying to join my game using a demo account.
They put in my host address (and my account is already open) but they get stuck at downloading files.

They are using a laptop on my wifi.

Any suggestions?

thanks

dulux-oz
January 3rd, 2019, 05:26
Only thing I can think of at the moment is "What License version are you using"?

On a Standard License, (as I understnad things) you can only have a single Demo License Player connect at the same time, and then only if they are the only connection. An Ultimate License, of course doesn't have this limitation (unles you can't reach the Internet/SW's Server, then an Ulltimate License reveryts to a Standard License in behaviour).

Does that help?

damned
January 3rd, 2019, 05:37
Rusher they should connect to your LAN address not your Alias.

Rusher
January 3rd, 2019, 05:42
I am using hosting with an ultimate license. The player trying to connect is using a Demo account they got from fantasygrounds.com. So they don't have a license at all.
(sorry I didn't mention that important fact!)

Both machine have access to the internet. My server is up and running.
I actually see the player's name pop-up as "connected" but they are still downloading files. (but it hasn't moved in over an hour on a very strong internet connection)

Thanks

Only thing I can think of at the moment is "What License version are you using"?

On a Standard License, (as I understnad things) you can only have a single Demo License Player connect at the same time, and then only if they are the only connection. An Ultimate License, of course doesn't have this limitation (unles you can't reach the Internet/SW's Server, then an Ulltimate License reveryts to a Standard License in behaviour).

Does that help?

Rusher
January 3rd, 2019, 05:58
That did the trick.
Thank you

Rusher they should connect to your LAN address not your Alias.

Ceardan
November 26th, 2020, 00:40
I cannot get a user to connect to my Ultimate account using his free, demo account. He tried to connect via the IP address. I tried LAN, Cloud, private and public. please let me know if something is wrong.

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2020, 05:12
I cannot get a user to connect to my Ultimate account using his free, demo account. He tried to connect via the IP address. I tried LAN, Cloud, private and public. please let me know if something is wrong.
Welcome!

First make sure this doesn't apply; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53461-Comcast-XFinity-Cox-and-Shaw-Communications-Users-Important

Then take a look at this thread, if the problem persists, please answer the questions from the OP; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained

Trenloe
November 26th, 2020, 09:23
I recommend you use "Cloud" and then the player connect using your GM name, not your IP address. Using the IP address is only valid when you have a LAN game and you have setup UDP port forwarding, which under normal circumstances you shouldn't need to do (port forwarding).

Some info on how a player joins the GMs game here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/917517/How+to+Join+a+Game