PDA

View Full Version : Wish List for 1.0.9 (February 2019)

MadBeardMan
January 2nd, 2019, 23:16
Greetings All,

Here's the thread for what people want to see in v1.0.9 which I plan to release in February.

One thing that's going in, is the next part of the PSI ability development, there's a separate thread discussing that.

What's next?

Here's the list, not sure all will make it though I'm starting on 1.0.9 as soon as 1.0.8 (there's a bug atm in CT) is released and live a week or so.

PSI - Part II
One Time Characteristic overrides
Damage Types (and Armour resistances)

Cheers,
MBM

Andraax
January 5th, 2019, 22:35
One time overrides for the characteristic used for skill checks. My suggestion is to have a set of buttons at the bottom of the desktop (like the skill difficulty buttons), one for each characteristic. The player can then click the button, and do the skill roll, and for that next roll, it overrides the skill setup on the character sheet (if any), then it resets afterwards.

MadBeardMan
January 5th, 2019, 22:36
Ont time overrides for the characteristic used for skill checks. My suggestion is to have a set of buttons at the bottom of the desktop (like the skill difficulty buttons), one for each characteristic. The player can then click the button, and do the skill roll, and for that next roll, it overrides the skill setup on the character sheet (if any), then it resets afterwards.

Lovely, if you want to knock up a sample screen shot that'd help me 'picture' it.

Cheers

Andraax
January 5th, 2019, 22:58
https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/Mockup-1.png

MadBeardMan
January 5th, 2019, 23:02
https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/Mockup-1.png

Nice.

So talk me through it, with proper examples so I can test it against that and see it's all working.

Cheers

Andraax
January 5th, 2019, 23:17
Well, let's say the player has skill "Life Sciences (Biology)" and has the characteristic "Education" set on the skill tab (because many rolls for that skill will use that modifier), so when they roll, it applies the Edu modifier. However, because they are examining some organic samples that no one has encountered before, I request a "Life Sciences (Biology)" roll using "Intelligence". Right now, they would have to click the cycler a bunch of times to change it to "Int", make the roll, then click it a bunch of times again to change it back to "Edu".

For this change, if I request a "Life Sciences (Biology)" roll using "Intelligence", they can click the "Int" button, make the roll - which will ignore the "Edu" modifier set on the skills tab and use the "Int" modifier instead - then the button clears (so the next roll will use the default again).

MadBeardMan
January 5th, 2019, 23:21
Well, let's say the player has skill "Life Sciences (Biology)" and has the characteristic "Education" set on the skill tab (because many rolls for that skill will use that modifier), so when they roll, it applies the Edu modifier. However, because they are examining some organic samples that no one has encountered before, I request a "Life Sciences (Biology)" roll using "Intelligence". Right now, they would have to click the cycler a bunch of times to change it to "Int", make the roll, then click it a bunch of times again to change it back to "Edu".

For this change, if I request a "Life Sciences (Biology)" roll using "Intelligence", they can click the "Int" button, make the roll - which will ignore the "Edu" modifier set on the skills tab and use the "Int" modifier instead - then the button clears (so the next roll will use the default again).

Ok cool, I know this pain, asked a player to roll Firearms + Education so lots of clicking. I like your idea, I'll add this to 1.0.9 for you. Thanks for the example though, helps me fully understand and I think others reading this will welcome this idea.

LordNanoc
January 7th, 2019, 06:37
My wish (ok, I know christmas is already over :D ) would be ship and vehicle combat.
Pretty please ;)

cya

esmdev
January 9th, 2019, 14:07
I believe the current plan is finish psionics, polish what's in the game currently, rework for damage types, and then get statistics for starships into the game. Starship combat will require the starship statistical information to be available so that comes after the other stuff is completed.

I've been thinking a bit about the complexities the starship system will bring to development. It seems to me that to simulate an actual Traveller starship combat in FG you would need a separate starship combat tracker that has the various attributes of the starship. In addition the starship would need to have it's own character sheet with the skills linked to whichever PC or automation system is running that particular system (helm, navigation, weapons/defense, engineering, etc.). Then it has to work for MGT1 & MGT2 which are very different where starships are concerned.

It is possible that I've simply overcomplicated things in my mind, but it really does seem like it will be quite complex. So I can see why getting everything else nailed down first is a good plan.

MadBeardMan
January 13th, 2019, 19:48
I believe the current plan is finish psionics, polish what's in the game currently, rework for damage types, and then get statistics for starships into the game. Starship combat will require the starship statistical information to be available so that comes after the other stuff is completed.

I've been thinking a bit about the complexities the starship system will bring to development. It seems to me that to simulate an actual Traveller starship combat in FG you would need a separate starship combat tracker that has the various attributes of the starship. In addition the starship would need to have it's own character sheet with the skills linked to whichever PC or automation system is running that particular system (helm, navigation, weapons/defense, engineering, etc.). Then it has to work for MGT1 & MGT2 which are very different where starships are concerned.

It is possible that I've simply overcomplicated things in my mind, but it really does seem like it will be quite complex. So I can see why getting everything else nailed down first is a good plan.

Hello Esmdev,

This is what I want to do in 1.0.9.

Extend the Psionic stuff, allow the abilities to be added to the Action Tab - so that they may be rolled.
Start on the Damage Types, before I do, really look into them.
Add the Attribute buttons, to override the current Attribute during rolls.

Now regarding Starships.

In my head we first build the 'data' for the starships, ie like Vehicles, but bigger. So the first thing allow a button with finished Starships from the Book, so that we have the basic data/sheet.

Next we add the data for the parts of the ship, ie Armour, Jump Drives, Electronics etc.

So the starships will have linked data in most of their fields.

Now as you state, the CT for Starships will have to be built, that's all good.

The biggest issue is making the Starship a 'character sheet' that everyone can see and that can link their characters to their skills are linked, this is something I really need to get my head around.

Right, off to run my DnD game, cheers
MBM

MadBeardMan
January 15th, 2019, 22:54
Evening All,

Here's the first thing I've been working on this week, interesting coding this, the buttons are there, but not yet plugged in.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
January 19th, 2019, 14:11
Hi All,

Just finished up the override buttons for skills, let me know if you want them 'working' with other types of rolls.

This is Dr Thunder, he's got a Dex Mod of 0. In this image I've done a normal roll for him, then clicked the Dex Desktop button, then rolled again using STR (+1) and then finally using INT (+3).

Ok now onto Damage Types....

Cheers
MBM

GunbunnyFuFu
January 22nd, 2019, 00:57
Looking very good MBM! Also looking forward to Damage Types for the 2300 AD game I'm running!

GB

Andraax
January 22nd, 2019, 12:51
Couple more "wishlist" items:

Automatically add -3 (unskilled) modifier to Jack of All Trades skill rolls.
When rolling the "Unskilled" skill, add Jack of All Trades (if it exists) level as a positive modifier.

Yes, only one of these is *needed*, but having both means people won't be constantly asking which way unskilled checks with JoAT should be rolled...

backwardoracle
January 24th, 2019, 15:52
I'd like to see the worlds expanded a bit, primarily for Gas Giants, Starports, Docking Fees, berthing fees, fuel costs etc.

I feel an actual ship account section would be better for an extension, but if you could include it that would save a lot of work :)

Of course I'd love Ship to Ship Combat too, :)

esmdev
January 24th, 2019, 17:35
Couple more "wishlist" items:

Automatically add -3 (unskilled) modifier to Jack of All Trades skill rolls.
When rolling the "Unskilled" skill, add Jack of All Trades (if it exists) level as a positive modifier.

Yes, only one of these is *needed*, but having both means people won't be constantly asking which way unskilled checks with JoAT should be rolled...

I would think that for the simplicity of coding (and not having to put every skill onto the character sheet) it would be easier to use the Jack of all Trades skill in place of the unskilled skill. The JoT skill would need to be coded differently to work the way the skill is designed but should do the job.

Andraax
January 24th, 2019, 18:02
I would think that for the simplicity of coding (and not having to put every skill onto the character sheet) it would be easier to use the Jack of all Trades skill in place of the unskilled skill. The JoT skill would need to be coded differently to work the way the skill is designed but should do the job.

You don't need to have every skill on the sheet. Unskilled is automatically on the sheet, when it's rolled, it should check to see if JoAT exists, and if it does, add the level as a modifier. If JoAT is on the sheet, it should always use a -3 modifier (because you should only be using it in place of skills you do not have...)

MadBeardMan
January 26th, 2019, 13:30
You don't need to have every skill on the sheet. Unskilled is automatically on the sheet, when it's rolled, it should check to see if JoAT exists, and if it does, add the level as a modifier. If JoAT is on the sheet, it should always use a -3 modifier (because you should only be using it in place of skills you do not have...)

Afternoon All,

Today I'm going to make sure when you roll Unskilled, that JoaT is applied (if you have it). I use Unskilled for any skill my players don't have, makes sense to apply any JoaT to that.

Been working away on Damage Types in the week, and the Desktop overrides are all done and have been given a set of tests (cheers Mario).

With a bit of coding luck, I'll be done DT this week coming, then can drop back into Psionic abilities and get it rolled out early Feb.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
January 30th, 2019, 18:46
Things I like to see soon (aside of starship combat and finished PSI) is ammo for weapons and a proper action for healing.
The latter could be implemented as follows (just my suggesion ofc):
1) Medic Skill in skills
2) Med Kit as an Item must be equipped. It has "charges" (like ammo) according to the TL (i.e. TL 10 means the kit can provide 10 healing shots)
3) Range is close (healer needs to touch the wounded player)
4) roll Medic skill, heal "Effect" points.

Is that difficult to do?

So far my wishes :)

MadBeardMan
January 30th, 2019, 20:40
Things I like to see soon (aside of starship combat and finished PSI) is ammo for weapons and a proper action for healing.
The latter could be implemented as follows (just my suggesion ofc):
1) Medic Skill in skills
2) Med Kit as an Item must be equipped. It has "charges" (like ammo) according to the TL (i.e. TL 10 means the kit can provide 10 healing shots)
3) Range is close (healer needs to touch the wounded player)
4) roll Medic skill, heal "Effect" points.

Is that difficult to do?

So far my wishes :)

Greetings LordNanoc!

Thanks for the ideas, I like them, let me think about them so let's go through your list.

0. Ammo for Weapons, good idea, been thinking about this recently as I've been playing D&D on FG and see there's a quiver/ammo count when rolling attack against a 'ranged' weapon.

So we could do similar though that's old school, so maybe an Ammo Counter (like in Aliens for their Assault Rifles). All that means is a smaller field somewhere under the weapon mainly, and a 'recycle logo' (like on the Wound Track) to 'reload' it. Let me know what you think to this.

1. Yep
2. Ok, though I can't see where it states the number of charges, can you point that out please (page is enough, which book etc).
3. How do we tell the range?
4. Roll Medic, chat window shows 'Effect x 2' (for 5 mins or less) and 'Effect' for upto 1 hour. We could go fancy and allow that skill to be dragged onto a player in the CT, however as the healing effect can be spread over any injured characteristic (upto the player) that's not feasible.

So in principal the answer is yes, and not that difficult (assuming no dragging onto CT - see point 4).

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
January 31st, 2019, 17:47
It is true, that Medikiteceive a bit of a neglect treatment in the 1E rulebook.

I was trying to fill the gaps by deducting the obvious:
First Aid (especially in combat) needs a medikit. You need analgethics, bandage and so on. So I recon, there can't be unlimited "first aids" in game. At some point, the doc needs to restock his medikit.
So in my game I allow him to use the medikit as many times as the TL.
As far as I am concerned, this is a lot anyways. (I am normally not too lenient to my players ... me is a strict god ... hehehe)

But else, the healing rules from pg. 75 apply.

Range ... hmmm ...
I am a player in a DnD 5E group. We play with FG as well. Range does play a role there. Our Chars are always on a map when fighting, and when I target someone, I see how many feet (or meters) I am away from him.
As range plays an important role in the Travellers firefight, as well as in the healing (applying first aid must be at close range I think), it would be interesting, if this distance can be used somehow to change i.e. the effect of a weapon or prohibit use of first aid ...
Do you think this can be automated?

...just me thinking ...

LordNanoc
February 6th, 2019, 18:28
Sooo... not meaning to rush or anything, but is there a Status/Update/Lookout/Timeline of sorts for 1.0.9? How are you doing MBM and can we help you with something?

Nanoc

esmdev
February 6th, 2019, 18:44
I got the impression that 1.0.9 was targeted for end of Feb, but not set in stone depending on any problems, etc...

MadBeardMan
February 6th, 2019, 19:58
Evening Folks,

If I get what I wanted finished tonight, in Test Channel you will have:

One Time Characteristic overrides (desktop buttons)
Damage Types (Kinetic, Laser, Stun, Radiation)
Armour now have resistances rather than protection, ie Ablat shows 'Kinetic 1, Laser 6' - note that I'm going to see if I can downgrade the Laser if it gets hit by a laser weapon...

Damage Types has taken me longer than expected as I've had a birthday recently (I'm getting old), which involved enough beer to kill the average family car (UK - so tiny).

But I'm pleased to say that PC's DT's are all done, the data (weapons) have been updated with the correct DT, and I'm working on NPC's....

I've also fixed NPC damage working with modifiers.

I've got some refactoring to do, but I'll do that once all the stuff is done and in test.

And to confirm, Feb is end of Feb, but hopefully sooner, because I also got sidetracked, I've added Spacecraft Data in for the Scout ship (it's in the XML but not in the ruleset).

So wish me some luck, cheers
MBM

MadBeardMan
February 6th, 2019, 23:11
More Evening Folks,

So tonights progress:

Damage Types appear to be working on NPC's and PC's.

Plus I've got NPC attacks on PC's checking for Armour of the correct type.

Here's a link to my tweet (https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan/status/1093278027759448064) showing my recent tests.

Next up, update NPC's.

Note: You'll have to re-drag the Armour onto the Character sheet, as the Resistances are needed, which the original data didn't have.
Note: You'll have to either edit your weapons and add the Damage Type to the damage dice, for example 4D6+3 will be 4D6+3 laser (assuming laser here) - or remove from Equipment/Actions and re-drag

Damage Types available:

"kinetic"
"laser"
"psionic"
"radiation"
"stun"
"fire"

And for 2300 (part of 1E ruleset though as 2300 was built on 1E)

"SAP"
"AP"
"Super-AP"
"APHE"

I'll push this upto FG tonight, and ask them to drop this into TEST.

The ruleset should say version 1.0.9 (Beta)

Please test the Desktop Characteristic Overrides, and add Damage Types/ReDrag weapos and make sure they appear in the Chat Window. Plus if you're feeling good, make sure you've got the proper armour (on the front-tab of the character sheet it will show Protection as 'Kinetic X' etc).

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
February 9th, 2019, 13:14
Afternoon All,

FG has pushed 1.0.9. into the Test Channel.

This morning I've fixed some issues in the CT (cosmetic), plus added Protection to the NPC sheet/CT, which holds information on the resistances, ie 'Kinetic 6'.

Now I'm updating the CT so that PC attacks on NPC's take into account the correct armour resistance. That then completes the Damage Types work, leaving Psionics.

Cheers,
MBM

Ardem
February 9th, 2019, 14:14
Thanks MBM, ruleset is already great and getting better.

MadBeardMan
February 9th, 2019, 14:49
Thanks MBM, ruleset is already great and getting better.

That's ace of you to say that!

I've just finished the Damage Type stuff, NPC armour values are removed from the correct Damage Type attacks, means I'm now back on PSI abilities, I need a stiff cup of tea to decide how it needs to work....

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
February 9th, 2019, 18:52
Evening All,

Taking a break for dinner and stuff.

Have re-written parts of the action tab, so that PSI Abilities can be displayed. Next up, add in the psi abilities data to the characters data and then create a class to display it. Phew.

Managed to add the basic actions now for PSI abilities, linked to the data as well. Need to link the Talent to the Total, and create a rolling action (rather than using the PSI Talent as they are now). Sleep time awaits...

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
February 13th, 2019, 00:11
Greetings All,

I completed tonight the next dev for PSI Talents/Abilities.

You'll have every Ability within a Talent (simply Drag the Talent again into the Talent window and it will add the missing abilities).

The PSI DM is linked to the Character's PSI Strength DM, the Talent DM is linked to the Talent Level.

Dragging the dice makes a 'Skill roll' (pretty much), there's no Cost per roll, or Damage roll. As cost varies so much, and Damage itself does, not sure how we can implment a fully automated working system, I'll add that into Wish List for 1.0.10.

There are a few niggles to address, make the PSI Abilities section collapsable (like the weapons is), fix the PSI Strength reset (on the Actions Tab) and make the PSI abilities Read-only.

At this time you can't add your own PSI Talents/PSI Abilities. Let me know if this is something required, I've not come across any additional PSI Talents/Abilities in the books I have (or I've forgotten!).

This will be finished up tomorrow night, I want to add the JoaT to the Unskilled Skill and do those bits mentioned.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
February 13th, 2019, 01:06
Book 4: Psion has quite a bit of detail on MGT1 psionics. It is probably too much for what your doing at the moment but something to consider.

MadBeardMan
February 13th, 2019, 14:33
Book 4: Psion has quite a bit of detail on MGT1 psionics. It is probably too much for what your doing at the moment but something to consider.

Hi Chap,

Thanks for the info. I have most of the 1st ed core books and most of the Third Imperium books, but not Book 4 though and none in PDF, but if you think it's a good idea I'll buy at look at is.

Mongoose want me to not conversion the 'old' books these days, though I prefer 1E sometimes myself (and D&D 4e) so I hope they will allow me to conversion it.

Cheers,
MGM

LordNanoc
February 14th, 2019, 08:18
Hey MBM thanks for your work.
We are currently modifying our house a bit (new wardrobe area etc), so am a bit "in demand" atm :) ... But I will probably find time this evening to start a test-run. So beware! Bugreports incomiiiing!!!

:D

LordNanoc
February 14th, 2019, 19:20
...ok ...
1) I am not sure, if this is already implemented, but the attributes override buttons on the bottom of the screen don't work on attack rolls (actions).
2) BTW ... how do we deal with grenades? The range is not really working, it always takes the full value (5d6) for damage rolls... and when I add a Stun grenade to the equipment, I get a console error message (see attachment) 26313
3)Character Status -> PSI strength, "wounds" display in the action tab: the "reset to max" button doesn't work.
4) Stun damage: As it is an energy weapon, you do apply the damage (which works fine past kinetic armour - hehehe) and then you have to roll an END check to determine if you are stunned for 1d6 minutes (if I remember the rules correctly) ... now ... this is more a wish than anything, but can the END check be automated upon receiving stun damage? I would love it, if the player gets an effect "stunned" automatically for 1d6 minutes (1 round being 6 seconds, so that would be 1d6*10 rounds). If it's the next turn for a char with "stunned" effect, he needs a successful END check to get the effect removed. If unsuccessful, switch to next player. That would be mighty cool.
5) not sure if you already pushed this to the testserver, but when I add PSI abilities, I still only get the main talent shown in the psionics tab.

So ... it's valentines day and I need to tend to the missius. :D
I know I ask a lot, but ranged damages and effects work so brilliantly nice in the DnD 5E ruleset of FG that I thought I make wish here ;)

Thanks again for your work, Collin!
cya

LordNanoc
February 15th, 2019, 06:58
Ps: forgot something... The armour of NPCs can't be set to a dmg type yet (or at least I couldn't set it).

MadBeardMan
February 15th, 2019, 08:00
Ps: forgot something... The armour of NPCs can't be set to a dmg type yet (or at least I couldn't set it).

Morning Lord,

Thanks for the reply showing the errors. The 'TEST' channel is about 1 week old, I've already finished some of the errors you have, ie the NPC's Dmg Type.

About 5. In the Psi Tab you will only get the Talents, all the Abilities will be in the Action Tab.

I'm going to update the TEST channel tomorrow night. I'll let you know.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
February 15th, 2019, 10:42
Fabulous Mr. Beard!
Thx :)

MadBeardMan
February 16th, 2019, 16:06
Fabulous Mr. Beard!
Thx :)

Working on tweaking a few things now, then going to push everything tonight. Decided that we'll work on healing for the next update, using your ideas for a basis!

Cheers
MBM

LordNanoc
February 16th, 2019, 20:18

About 5. In the Psi Tab you will only get the Talents, all the Abilities will be in the Action Tab.

Cheers,
MBM

erm ... just to get this right: the abilities in the actions tab are not yet implemented, are they? Or am I just too thick to add em :) ?

LordNanoc
February 16th, 2019, 20:38
One more thing, that sprung into my mind (and sorry if I get a bit tiresome): I think we might need two more damage types: Fire and Corrosive.
I think acid and fire can be thrown or blown out of weapons and therefore need a damage type and a armour resistance.

BTW... I don't know if this was discussed already, but how do we handle multiple damage resistances? Like a Battle Dress has more than only kinetic resistence. It is resistant against a lot of things...
Just musing...

MadBeardMan
February 19th, 2019, 08:22
One more thing, that sprung into my mind (and sorry if I get a bit tiresome): I think we might need two more damage types: Fire and Corrosive.
I think acid and fire can be thrown or blown out of weapons and therefore need a damage type and a armour resistance.

BTW... I don't know if this was discussed already, but how do we handle multiple damage resistances? Like a Battle Dress has more than only kinetic resistence. It is resistant against a lot of things...
Just musing...

Morning,

I'll add those 2 extra damage types, adding more isn't a problem, it's just Traveller has a lot of 'extra books' with new rules. I've been reading the new Companion and it has 3 optional extra Attributes!

When damage is rolled, and then Armour is checked, each type ie 'Kinetic 6, Laser 1' will be checked against the damage type of the weapon. Only the highest Armour Resistance is taken into account, they're not 'stacked'.

I've been hoping I can address the 'delete from Inventory and the Action gets deleted', still can't get it to work.

A push to TEST is coming very soon.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
February 19th, 2019, 18:41
Fabulous.
Thx

MadBeardMan
March 2nd, 2019, 16:28
Afternoon,

I've updated 1.0.9, sent it to FG now to put into the Test Channel.

Soon as it's in the TEST I'll reply to this thread.

I was hoping to send it last week, but sorry, had to do some more stuff for WOIN (working on that still today), still there's a lot inside 1.0.9.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
March 4th, 2019, 00:04
Morning All (well it is, it's 12:03am here!),

Pushed 1.0.9. with the fixes and final updates, James has told me that it should be in TEST on Tuesday.

Normal stuff, assuming no major issues found it'll go live the following week. I'm working on Vampire in the week, but have space to drop that to sort Traveller.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
March 4th, 2019, 01:05
I would like to take a moment to thank you for the surge and forward momentum on this ruleset! Things are really shaping up nicely, recent changes have even got me thinking about 2300AD again, something I've not done since... well since it still used GDWs weird alt-rules.

LordNanoc
March 10th, 2019, 23:00
I can't remove the PSI actions from the actions tab. Even when I click on the "Edit list" button, only the other actions are deletable. PSI actions aint.
26664 As you can see, the delete icon is only available with the standard actions.

MadBeardMan
March 10th, 2019, 23:02
I can't remove the PSI actions from the actions tab. Even when I click on the "Edit list" button, only the other actions are deletable. PSI actions aint.
26664 As you can see, the delete icon is only available with the standard actions.

Evening,

Ok I'll take a look and see why it's not playing ball.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
March 16th, 2019, 14:33
Folks,

Going to push a final 1.0.9. to TEST with the fix for PSI over the weekend.

All going well this time next week I'll ask for it to be pushed to LIVE.

Cheers,
MBM

GunbunnyFuFu
March 16th, 2019, 14:34
Awesome!!! Looking forward to it!

MadBeardMan
March 16th, 2019, 14:46
Awesome!!! Looking forward to it!

And for you Mr GBFuFu, going to see about adding an extension to allow AP/SAP/Super-AP reduce the armour/resistance values, as it's not in the core Traveller rules but 2300AD rules. So you know what that means, finally I'll get to do some 2300AD stuff which is the reason I did Traveller!

Cheers,
MBM

GunbunnyFuFu
March 16th, 2019, 14:48
Excellent! I've got a 2300 AD game in planning, and as stated before you'd be welcome at the table! Thanks for all the work you do on the ruleset!!

GBFF

MadBeardMan
March 16th, 2019, 22:05
Evening Folks,

I've sent the latest 1.0.9 over to FG, asking them to drop this into the TEST channel.

Silly me did the PSI Abilities fix, so had to merge 1.0.10 into 1.0.9 which means you also get Ammo Counters and Initiative in 1.0.9, consider that an Easter present.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
March 16th, 2019, 23:26
Folks,

Pushed again:

[Fixed] Ammo Counter displays only for Ranged Weapons
[Fixed] Deleting a weapon from the inventory, auto-removes the item from the Actions Tab

Finally got to the bottom of the deleting a weapon, not removing the action.

Cheers
MBM

esmdev
March 17th, 2019, 00:18
Very cool, looking forward to these updates hitting live.

Will this still be labeled 1.0.9 or are we skipping to 1.0.10?

MadBeardMan
March 17th, 2019, 11:46
Very cool, looking forward to these updates hitting live.

Will this still be labeled 1.0.9 or are we skipping to 1.0.10?

Nope. 1.0.9 is going live pretty soon, 1.0.10 is being worked on, I've got some more bits in 1.0.10 that I didn't merge back.

Going to be working on 1.0.10 later today.

Cheers

LordNanoc
March 17th, 2019, 19:55
Gonna test this right now. Great work, o bearded one!

-- so this I found out

* Removal of PSI actions works now (not automatically with removal of the ability, but that's ok)
* Ammo counter is great! Thanks. I love that special touch of the "reset" button! Very well done. Just one thing, the ammo only displays on guns I had already added before. I did add another Autorifle to the equipment. The ammo counter doesn't show up here. Maybe still a bug?
* Removal of the action after removing a weapon works fine!
* Initiative: No matter what number I enter, whenever I doubleklick on this number the chat window says "Val Kyra: [INIT][MOD +5]" but the numbers to the right say "4" "5" +1 10 ... it always only adds +1. When I roll initiative in the CT for all chars, I see no special results, no matter how high I set the value in the actions tab. Probably a bug?

That's that for now.
Hope this helps. Thanks again.

MadBeardMan
March 19th, 2019, 08:29
Gonna test this right now. Great work, o bearded one!

-- so this I found out

* Removal of PSI actions works now (not automatically with removal of the ability, but that's ok)
* Ammo counter is great! Thanks. I love that special touch of the "reset" button! Very well done. Just one thing, the ammo only displays on guns I had already added before. I did add another Autorifle to the equipment. The ammo counter doesn't show up here. Maybe still a bug?
* Removal of the action after removing a weapon works fine!
* Initiative: No matter what number I enter, whenever I doubleklick on this number the chat window says "Val Kyra: [INIT][MOD +5]" but the numbers to the right say "4" "5" +1 10 ... it always only adds +1. When I roll initiative in the CT for all chars, I see no special results, no matter how high I set the value in the actions tab. Probably a bug?

That's that for now.
Hope this helps. Thanks again.

Morning Lord,

Thanks for testing 1.0.9.

Ammo & Initiative are from 1.0.10 (like Early Access) but thanks, I'll look at them now.

I'll ask James to update 1.0.9. into the LIVE channel, and then update the TEST channel with 1.0.10. I'm away after Wednesday until Sunday so it will be after that.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
March 19th, 2019, 10:18
ok, thanks

esmdev
March 19th, 2019, 20:58
Yay for 1.0.9 going live!

MadBeardMan
March 19th, 2019, 21:43
Hmmm,

Just looking at the ammo issue, seems my data (yes mine) doesn't have the Damage Type listed, can someone else check please and let me know.

Odd, working now.

Anyway fixed the Ammo Issue.
And fixed the Initiative Issue.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
March 19th, 2019, 23:11
I guess I was wrong, the update notes say that 1.0.9 was updated but the live ruleset is still 1.0.8. Goes back to patiently waiting. :)

MadBeardMan
March 19th, 2019, 23:14
I guess I was wrong, the update notes say that 1.0.9 was updated but the live ruleset is still 1.0.8. Goes back to patiently waiting. :)

I've pushed 1.0.9 with the Ammo/Init fix, asked for it go to TEST, on Thursday I'll email in and ask for it to be sent to LIVE. LIVE updates are Tuesdays so next Tuesday.

Hope this is fone, sorry chap.

esmdev
March 20th, 2019, 00:09
No problems with me. I'm actually running an ETU game at the moment. I figure once I have 1.0.9 in my paws I'm going to start working on the game which will run after it. I was thinking about converting and running Secret of the Ancients after ETU but wanted to wait until the damage/resistance stuff was finalized before I get rolling on adding things so I don't have to redo everything.

esmdev
March 20th, 2019, 00:10
… or maybe Beltstrike… hmm... too many options. :)

LordNanoc
March 20th, 2019, 09:11
Hmmm,

Just looking at the ammo issue, seems my data (yes mine) doesn't have the Damage Type listed, can someone else check please and let me know.

Odd, working now.

Anyway fixed the Ammo Issue.
And fixed the Initiative Issue.

Cheers,
MBM

Wohooo, the fastest coder from here to Mexico! Gonna test this shortly.
Thanks alot!

LordNanoc
March 20th, 2019, 09:30
ps:

Ok, as for the Ammo: I tried this with Assault Rifle and with Autorifle. Both added fine, but there is still no Ammo display in the Actions.
26789 26790
Same with the Initiative.

Maybe I understood this wrong, but the version I am working with here in Test is 1.0.9. But maybe I didn't get the latest updates yet? Is it not pushed to Test yet?
Sorry if I'm over-eager :P

esmdev
March 28th, 2019, 13:23
1.0.9 pushed today instead of Tuesday, so my original post about 1.0.9 not being pushed is moot! It's live. :)

MadBeardMan
March 31st, 2019, 11:18
1.0.9 pushed today instead of Tuesday, so my original post about 1.0.9 not being pushed is moot! It's live. :)

Brilliant News! I've been away from online life, alas we've had something happen that's meant I've spent a lot of time with my girls rather than in my online life!

Back to normal today, fixing up a WOIN issue then onto Traveller.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
April 2nd, 2019, 16:59
Well congrats to your victory over (i assume) a whole lot of beer! :D

1.0.9 is sweet, I love it.

I know ofc, that the ammocounter is a goodie and not yet polished as you mentioned.
Nevertheless, I wanna share my testresults, which you might find interesting.

First a question: if I try to define a new "Slug Throwers" weapon in the items, The Ammo field reads "Ammo(Cr)" --- Is this cost per magazine or cost per round?
Also I cannot seem to define a magazine in an energy weapon? But these weapons do have a limited number of shots before they have to be reloaded or the battery is to be switched, so something like a magazine field for the ammo counter would be a nice thing to have ;)

Now for my tests:
I tested this in 1.0.9 productive (live) version.

Whenever I add a new weapon to the equipment of a PC, the corresponding action shows up in the Actions-Tab, as should be, but there is no ammo counter. Funny enough in my first try after starting FG, I defined a slug pistol from scratch and added it to a char and "whoops" there was the ammo counter. I deleted the gun from the inventroy and readded it. The ammo counter is gone.
I removed all weapons (even the ones who already had an ammo counter) and readded them. None of them came with an ammo counter. This was strange. I deleted it again.

I then did following:
1) remove all weapons
2) restart FG
3) open campaign, open PC-sheet, add item (shotgun)
4) no ammocounter in the actions
5) restart FG
6) open campaign, open PC-sheet
7) Action "Shotgun" has an ammo counter.
8) add another item (Stunner TL12)
9) no ammocounter in the actions tab.
10) rinse and repeat restart etc
11) Stunner has an ammocounter.

Ok, so now I know what to do to add the infamous ammo counter :D

On a side note: whenever I try to add a grenade (Frag, Stun, ...) I am getting following console error:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:536: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
I created a grenade of my own and found out, that the error might be a typo in the Ranges field. You typed metres instead of meters. That might eventually be the source of the kerfuffle. As I cannot edit the predefined grenades, I have to leave this to you.

(BTW I hat to ride the train twice today, going to Vienna and back, giving me a total of 4 hrs to test 1.0.9 prod... :D :D - you could tell, couldn't you?)

MadBeardMan
April 8th, 2019, 08:15
Well congrats to your victory over (i assume) a whole lot of beer! :D

1.0.9 is sweet, I love it.

I know ofc, that the ammocounter is a goodie and not yet polished as you mentioned.
Nevertheless, I wanna share my testresults, which you might find interesting.

First a question: if I try to define a new "Slug Throwers" weapon in the items, The Ammo field reads "Ammo(Cr)" --- Is this cost per magazine or cost per round?
Also I cannot seem to define a magazine in an energy weapon? But these weapons do have a limited number of shots before they have to be reloaded or the battery is to be switched, so something like a magazine field for the ammo counter would be a nice thing to have ;)

Now for my tests:
I tested this in 1.0.9 productive (live) version.

Whenever I add a new weapon to the equipment of a PC, the corresponding action shows up in the Actions-Tab, as should be, but there is no ammo counter. Funny enough in my first try after starting FG, I defined a slug pistol from scratch and added it to a char and "whoops" there was the ammo counter. I deleted the gun from the inventroy and readded it. The ammo counter is gone.
I removed all weapons (even the ones who already had an ammo counter) and readded them. None of them came with an ammo counter. This was strange. I deleted it again.

I then did following:
1) remove all weapons
2) restart FG
3) open campaign, open PC-sheet, add item (shotgun)
4) no ammocounter in the actions
5) restart FG
6) open campaign, open PC-sheet
7) Action "Shotgun" has an ammo counter.
8) add another item (Stunner TL12)
9) no ammocounter in the actions tab.
10) rinse and repeat restart etc
11) Stunner has an ammocounter.

Ok, so now I know what to do to add the infamous ammo counter :D

On a side note: whenever I try to add a grenade (Frag, Stun, ...) I am getting following console error:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:536: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
I created a grenade of my own and found out, that the error might be a typo in the Ranges field. You typed metres instead of meters. That might eventually be the source of the kerfuffle. As I cannot edit the predefined grenades, I have to leave this to you.

(BTW I hat to ride the train twice today, going to Vienna and back, giving me a total of 4 hrs to test 1.0.9 prod... :D :D - you could tell, couldn't you?)

Morning,

I've fixed that last week, but sorry I'm off to Holland today and not back until next Tuesday (16th).

Sorry!

MBM

LordNanoc
April 8th, 2019, 09:47
Np. Have fun. Return save.

LordNanoc
April 17th, 2019, 19:19
Hey MBM, welcome back from Holland. I hope you had a good trip and weeded out some unwanted grass while tiptoeing over the tulips .. :D :D ;)

As you can imagine, we're eager to know how things are coming Traveller-wise and what the next steps will be. So welcome back again, come in, sit down, lay up your feet and let us participate in your wisdom!