PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Question

WolfmanDave
January 2nd, 2019, 04:39
I am in the process of completing a Electronic table top as to host my Games on, the table top screen is a 55 inch touch enabled screen were the map is projected up through the screen.
the players will be sitting around this table interacting with it and the DM will have a second set of screens to perform his tasks on.
I have used Fantasy Grounds in my old setup of projecting the map on the table but every thing was run from the DM point of view and made it hard to make things like secrete doors, hidden stuff and stealth hard. This new setup will be more interactive giving the DM and the users a different view.
MY question is:

Will I need to purchase two separate copies licenses Knowing that the second license will never create maps or act as a DM or even join other games.

Andraax
January 2nd, 2019, 04:43
Run a second instance on the same computer, connect as a player to "localhost" - this can be done with a Standard license. Or, if you have the Ultimate license, you can have a second computer connect as a player via the internal IP address of the host and it can be a demo copy (free copy).

damned
January 2nd, 2019, 05:07
You will need a separate screen for the GM content - and the player content will be displayed on the big screen.