PDA

View Full Version : Script Error Loading Starship Image

crypsis
January 2nd, 2019, 00:08
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_campaigndata.lua"]:134: setPortrait: Unable to locate character specified in parameter 1

Hello,

I get the above error when I try loading the image for a PC starship, any idea what is causing this?

Thanks if advance,

Octavious
January 7th, 2019, 07:59
The starship portion of starfinder is a real mess and isn't finished.. you will find a lot of things that wont work for that portion ..

crypsis
January 7th, 2019, 09:41
The starship portion of starfinder is a real mess and isn't finished.. you will find a lot of things that wont work for that portion ..

Well, how can they charge full price if the scripting and basic image loading isn't working \o/ ,rhetorical question? Any work around?

Thanks

Blacklamb
January 7th, 2019, 16:59
Currently for the ship it always uses overlapping portrait IDs so your first character and ship share id-0001 if you then delete that character it removes the portrait file but the ship still links to it. You can try to assign a portrait to your ship and that may fix it. or look in your campaign data and look in portraits and see if you have any missing numbers starting with id-0001 and copy and rename of of the other files in there to the missing name. That should stop the error but your ship portrait will match the character you copied over.

This was released with a note that ships were coming and unfortunate illnesses of the developer of ships has caused them to just now start over of that part. I know it's frustrating but a lot of us know work arounds and are willing to help.

Blahness98
January 7th, 2019, 22:16
I created a few GM PCs which held the images for the starships. My players never saw where the pictures came from and it allowed me to change the portrait when I wanted. When the portraits and the ship didn't match, I edited my campaign db.xml and adjusted it that way so they lined up. Don't recommend doing that before backing up the db.xml.