PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year Traveller players

MadBeardMan
January 1st, 2019, 00:17
Hi All,

This is a thanks from me, the Mad Bearded One.

2018 has been a hard year for me. My physical health has been hit hard by a Kidney Stone that refuses to move, so waiting on an operation. I broke a tooth eating a 'healthy snack bar' (damn that Peanut) and I've lost 2 friends this year. Not to mention my dear old Mother has been very ill but appears to be recovering finally.

I also started contracting again at the beginning of the year, which I can tell you is a great place for a challenge but leaves me sometimes not wanting to do much in the evenings except read RPG books.

During 2018 I've put a lot of effort into rebuilding my RPG collection of old. Though I'm doing something I've not done in years, every other week I pick up a book I do know, and a book I've never heard of. This has introduced me to Symbaroum, Tales from the Loop, Scum and Villany and a few others.

If all goes to plan in 2019, then we'll see more Traveller (in the form of 2E) released, though I'm working on other rulesets and my one other true love Call of Cthulhu, but contracting allows me to pick days off, I'll be doing more of that to keep my energy levels up.

Anyway the fireworks are going off here, it's 00:16 in Sheffield, England.

Have a great new year all of you and continue to support FG and other RPG producers as best you can.

Cheers,
Colin 'MadBeardMan' Richardson

LordNanoc
January 1st, 2019, 18:16
Happy new year and may it be a much better one for you!
Keep up the good work and hopefully we will one day have a great, polished and refined ruleset, that will goad other RPGers to play Traveller.

All the best to you Colin!

MadBeardMan
January 1st, 2019, 21:20
Happy new year and may it be a much better one for you!
Keep up the good work and hopefully we will one day have a great, polished and refined ruleset, that will goad other RPGers to play Traveller.

All the best to you Colin!

And all the best to you chap! Thanks for the words, been ill over Xmas with this damned Kidney Stone, going to get rid of the stupid thing within the next 2 months.

Now back to PSI...

chumbly
January 2nd, 2019, 04:51
Ouch those hurt. I had one once that stuck at 3am while I was by myself working an all-nighter. I went to
the nearest urgent care. The doc pumped several gallons of water(it seemed that way) via IV into me to piss it out.
Also he loaded me up with morphine. About 7 am I decided I better leave a voice mail with my boss, explaining why
I wasn't finished and why I wouldn't be in for few days.

Later when I returned my boss, played my voice mail message. I "sang"(I'm no Caruso, more like a un-musical Chainsaw ). I even had choruses..

Chumbly(hope you feel better);)