PDA

View Full Version : Reinstallation

donortiz
December 31st, 2018, 21:07
Hello! I recently messed with the calendar module thinking I could create my own calendar and thought I zipped it back up correctly, however, now the calendar module is not present in that folder. If I do a re installation of FG will it reset my campaign that I created? Or can I download the calendar module from somewhere else?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
December 31st, 2018, 21:18
If you simply update FG it will replace the calendar module. It won't affect your campaign in any way.

Before you do so however, it is likely that you zipped up the file incorrectly. Open the folder with all the calendar files in it. Select all the files and zip that up. Then rename the .zip file to .mod and put it back into the modules folder in FGData. (Note it's a good idea if you are editing the calendar to rename the module so that it doesn't get overridden when FG updates).

donortiz
December 31st, 2018, 21:21
Ah that is what I did wrong then, I did not zip up the actual files. So the calendar.mod is just the name basically, while the files are actually what are being read and accessed. So if I was to change the file name would it then just update it and then there will be two calendar modules?

Also thank you very much I did not think to update as it usually prompts when something new is available.

Zacchaeus
December 31st, 2018, 21:26
Yes, if you change the name then you'll have two calendar mod files. Remember also to change the name in the definition.xml file to the same name you give the .mod file.

donortiz
December 31st, 2018, 21:27
Okay thank you for the help!