PDA

View Full Version : Rifts, possibly?

tdwyer11b
August 4th, 2006, 19:50
Don't know how much of a Rifts fanbase there is here on the board, but I was wondering if there were anyone interested in a collaboration to get a ruleset going? Just got my new copy of the Rifts Ultimate hardcover in the mail and I got an itch that I wanna scratch:D

OH YEAH!!

https://paizo.com/image/product/catalog/PAL/PAL0800HC_500.jpeg

Snikle
August 4th, 2006, 21:48
They still making that game??? That thing on the cover looks like the love child of Cthulhu, Alien, and a beholder.

tdwyer11b
August 5th, 2006, 06:49
They still making that game??? That thing on the cover looks like the love child of Cthulhu, Alien, and a beholder.

Ehh, I'd hate to see that 3 some :D . Palladium was lookin a little rough earlier this year, hate to see an oldschool company like that go down under those kinda circumstances. Anyway, the system isn't for everyone but my buddies and I sure had a bunch of fun with the massive amounts of carnage.

Snikle
August 5th, 2006, 06:52
I had a friend in High School that fell in love with the first edition of this game (lets date myself!), never cared for it myself...was too weird for me.

tdwyer11b
August 5th, 2006, 07:14
It does get weird, but the whole concept of mixing every genre into one game system definately has it's appeal. It has a little of something for everyone. Only problem I have with it is when you start buying sourcebooks, you end up with a huge freeking stack of material. Really sucks if you have to take your stuff to a buddies place to play, pretty much need a front end loader.:D I think by including some more of the non d20 games out there would help draw in more people to the software. When you google FG, theres plenty of talk about it out there. However theres a big misconception that its a d20 only program which is turning alot of potential gamers off.

Darkwater
August 12th, 2006, 01:08
im intrested in helping you i was working on a star wars d20 for my self, but would stop to start working on Rifts, i have a lot of the books i dont have the ultimate edition and im not so good with graphics but ill try to help were i can

tdwyer11b
August 12th, 2006, 05:36
im intrested in helping you i was working on a star wars d20 for my self, but would stop to start working on Rifts, i have a lot of the books i dont have the ultimate edition and im not so good with graphics but ill try to help were i can

Well for the most part Ultimate Edition isn't really a new Rifts, for the most part the biggest change was the book is better organized. I'm sure if you have all the sourcebooks, you have what little info was added into Ultimate Edition. I've kinda got this on hold for the moment as I'm working on a ruleset for BFRPG.

Darkwater
August 12th, 2006, 14:41
Well if and when you start working on Rifts let me know and ill be glad to help it one of the rule sets i was going to do but it looks like a big task for me at least till i play with FG some more

Auly
August 17th, 2006, 04:09
I would like to see this i have been a fan of Rifts for a while. Though I have to admit that the system is a little clunky but the writing and back ground for it is great and something that brings me back to it time and time again.

Take Care
Auly