PDA

View Full Version : v2.0. Will I have to fork out more money?

Salar
August 4th, 2006, 18:58
Hi all,
I've bought FG (and find it amazing) and the rest of our RPG group are probably going to jump on board as well. That'll be seven people who will probably each want the GM version (so we can all run games) & therefore providing FG with nearly $245. Alot of money really which could purchase alot of gaming related books.
My question is whether, with the release of the mythical version 2.0, my current version will become redundant requiring all seven of us purchase fantasy grounds again or will version 1.x simply require a patch to v2.0?
This is quite a big issue for us as the other six haven't yet bought FG. Should they wait? Should they leap in so we can play? When do we think v2.0 will hit the aether?
John

tdwyer11b
August 4th, 2006, 19:29
My question is whether, with the release of the mythical version 2.0, my current version will become redundant requiring all seven of us purchase fantasy grounds again or will version 1.x simply require a patch to v2.0?

Haha, "mythical"
The upgrade will be provided free of charge, according to Ged. You can read that here.

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4541

Hopefully we'll be seeing it soon, the rumor is it'll be put out after GenCon, which is less than a week away, but how long after GenCon, hmmmm

Griogre
August 4th, 2006, 21:23
That'll be seven people who will probably each want the GM version (so we can all run games) & therefore providing FG with nearly $245.
Not sure you know if you buy all the copies at once in one order from this site you get a bulk discount.

I bought all the copies at once for my group and then had them re-inburse me through paypal and as their payments hit sent them the keys. This discount is pretty good for more than a few copies.

Snikle
August 4th, 2006, 21:46
Haha, "mythical"

LOL! Hey, he has a point, what is it now....5 months overdue?

Snigwiddle
August 4th, 2006, 23:36
Only 5 months?...WHEW!!!We're o.k. then...we made it past allegorical,chimerical,and have reached stage mythical...I can wait another 5 months without any word...till we reach supposititious,whimsical,and unreal...then I'm going to cry...and eat pudding...chocolate is my favorite...

Salar
August 5th, 2006, 07:53
https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4541

Ah! My search-fu was weak.:rolleyes: Many thanks, and all my concerns have been answered.

Not sure you know if you buy all the copies at once in one order from this site you get a bulk discount.

Yeah, probably the way we're gonna do it as well. I was 'testing the water' to see whether it was for us or not.

It is. :D

John

tdwyer11b
August 5th, 2006, 07:59
No prob, hope to see you guys gaming soon.