PDA

View Full Version : Issues with New Custom Class

JRock
December 28th, 2018, 04:36
I created a new class and I have a couple of challenges to work out. I used the paladin class as a template and I think some of the paladin traits have worked into my new class.

Skills: The skills are not reflecting what I put into the class. It looks to be the Paladin skills that are coming up. I can only find one place that the skills are listed in the core document and they are different than what is popping in the "choose two skills" window when adding the class.

Languages: The class has a unique language. I added it to the language list - no fonts attached. When I add the class, the language does not appear on the abilities tab.

I know these are probably rookie mistakes and I thank you for you advise - and mostly you patience - in advance.

JR

Trenloe
December 28th, 2018, 04:41
Which ruleset? When posting in generic forums, please indicate which ruleset you're using.

JRock
December 28th, 2018, 04:43
Oops sorry D&D 5e...

damned
December 28th, 2018, 09:12
hey JRock Id watch/rewatch Zacchaeus videos on adding your own classes here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChlNH4J636sfFtEU__RcFxA

JRock
December 28th, 2018, 18:16
Will do... guy is awesome! Maybe I Missed something.

LordEntrails
December 28th, 2018, 18:31
One thing I know languages are case sensitive. So "Pig Latin" is different than "Pig latin" Make sure you didn't do something like that :)

I haven't created any custom classes, so don't have other advice for you, sorry.

Zacchaeus
December 28th, 2018, 20:14
Languages aren't part of the class they are part of the character background. The background template has a specific section for languages whereas a class doesn't. So the only way to add a language to a class would be via a class feature and FG isn't going to pick that up since there's no parsing for it and FG doesn't expect it.

As for the skills issue without seeing what you've done I can't say what the problem is.