PDA

View Full Version : Can you host a Fantasy Grounds session online for a live group in a different state?

Gramorum
December 28th, 2018, 01:45
I hope I am putting this in the right place.

I currently live in NC, but have a group of friends in PA who I was going to run a game for. We were simply going to use Skype/FaceTime/Discord along with theatre of the mind. But I’ve seen Fantasy grounds run in person for a group and it worked well. So I was wondering if I could host the game on my PC in NC and have it displayed on a communal computer at my friends house? I would have each on their own PC but they don’t have that many in the home.

Thank you for your assistance!

SirGraystone
December 28th, 2018, 02:04
Yes, the client side of FG can control more then one PC at the same time. It may slow thing down a little since they have to share the mouse and keyboard, and everything you share to player will be see by all of them of course, but it should work well.

Valyar
December 28th, 2018, 07:24
Hi Gramorum and welcome to the forums!

Yes, you can do that. A player that connects with a client can own more than one PC, therefore no problem in what you are trying to achieve. :)

Nylanfs
December 28th, 2018, 13:04
Umm, question You will be physically in PA, while your computer will physically in NC? This is going to be complicated. You will need to have some type of software to remote into your computer from friends house.

SirGraystone
December 28th, 2018, 15:02
Umm, question You will be physically in PA, while your computer will physically in NC? This is going to be complicated. You will need to have some type of software to remote into your computer from friends house.

The DM live in NC with his computer, and his players are in PA with another computer.

Nylanfs
December 28th, 2018, 17:38
It can be read both ways which is why I was asking for clarification. :)

twistedtechmike
December 30th, 2018, 12:41
I would suggest the players share a license on the other PC, and run all the characters on that one client, hot-seat style. That would be the most efficient play, as players can already control multiple characters at once.

Edit: Im not sure if this breaks EULA, but seems most logical scenario.