PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - transferring Herolabs Character to FG

chunky04
December 27th, 2018, 13:19
Hello, I'm brand new to FG, and trying to setup some Pathfinder stuff.

I'm trying to work out how to transfer over the PCs for my game, and found this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26512-Hero-Lab-to-Fantasy-grounds-transfer

which linked to this

https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/preparing-your-pc-for-fantasy-grounds/

I'm trying to work out if there's a way to properly transfer the character without making a Pathfinder Society character, as I keep having the same problem as the first link described, where it says its imported but I don't see that character as an option to load.

I'm obviously doing something wrong. Canyone help me? I have tried looking through the documentation to no avail.

damned
December 27th, 2018, 13:30
welcome chunky04

I dont know the answer to that question but I do have a suggestion for you - only load one theme at a time :)

chunky04
December 27th, 2018, 13:38
Oh damn! That makes a huge difference - thanks a bunch!

Trenloe
December 27th, 2018, 23:21
I'm trying to work out if there's a way to properly transfer the character without making a Pathfinder Society character, as I keep having the same problem as the first link described, where it says its imported but I don't see that character as an option to load.
You don't need to be making a Pathfinder Society character to use the directions shown in the FG Con website. Those instructions were just provided to give guidance to PFS players.

Have you followed those instructions? If so, at what point do you have issues? The issue in the thread you say you have the same problem as was fixed by following those instructions - especially the "Using the Fantasy Grounds Character Converter" section.

chunky04
December 28th, 2018, 03:23
I don't think I need to worry about it now - damned's response in another thread has helped greatly