PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Install Issues

larzbg
December 26th, 2018, 21:31
After a fresh Windows install and FG re-install, I am experiencing two problems. I own an Ultimate license, and have copied the campaign data over from my old system.

1) Launcher screen is showing buttons for loading/launching "Demo Campaign". I have the ultimate license key entered into the "License Key" field in settings.

2) When I try to load my campaign, I get an "Error: Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml). I tried deleting the rulesets & vault folders to allow them to redownload - the issue persists. The following is the console view with more details following this error.

Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key title font ()
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key label font ()
Ruleset Error: mouse: Could not find drag font (draglabel)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find tooltip font ()
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find icon (menuhub)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find icon (menuback)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die modifier font (diemod)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die sum font (diemod)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die result font (dieresult)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll empty icon ()
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll positive icon ()
Ruleset Error: imagecontrol: Could not find distance font (modcollectorlabel)
Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

Trenloe
December 26th, 2018, 21:33
1) Launcher screen is showing buttons for loading/launching "Demo Campaign". I have the ultimate license key entered into the "License Key" field in settings.
Have you ran an update after entering your license key?

Trenloe
December 26th, 2018, 21:36
Make sure you've done all the steps here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Setup_Tutorial

If it still doesn't work, make sure that you don't have two different installation directories for FG on your computer. Make sure you are running the FantasyGrounds.exe executable from the "App Directory" shown in the FG settings window.

larzbg
December 26th, 2018, 21:37
Have you ran an update after entering your license key?

Yes, several times actually. I see on the top of the updater window a message stating "Getting packages from FG server. No packaged found. Check your license key settings."
My purchased modules seem to download fine, though.

Trenloe
December 26th, 2018, 21:40
Yes, several times actually. I see on the top of the updater window a message stating "Getting packages from FG server. No packaged found. Check your license key settings."
My purchased modules seem to download fine, though.
FG is not recognising your license key as the message is saying to check your license key. Make sure it is in the format mentioned in step #3 in the setup tutorial I linked above.

Your purchases content is not tied to your license key, it's tied to your FG username you entered, so you would see your DLC downloading OK even if the license is not recognised.

larzbg
December 26th, 2018, 21:46
FG is not recognising your license key as the message is saying to check your license key. Make sure it is in the format mentioned in step #3 in the setup tutorial I linked above.

I've tried the following: copy/paste key from the original e-mail after purchase, copy/paste key from the order history page on the store page, manually entered key. I ran an update after each, and still no luck.

Trenloe
December 26th, 2018, 21:51
I've tried the following: copy/paste key from the original e-mail after purchase, copy/paste key from the order history page on the store page, manually entered key. I ran an update after each, and still no luck.
I'd recommend copy/paste into an intermediary location - such as notepad or something similar, so you can make sure you don't have any spaces at the beginning or end.

Otherwise I recommending emailing [email protected] detailing your issue and including your license key, so they can check if there is an issue with your license key.

larzbg
December 26th, 2018, 21:56
Thank you for your help - still cannot get it to recognize, so I will try e-mailing support.