PDA

View Full Version : Can't hot a game, I've tried everything

edcarrijo
December 26th, 2018, 16:46
Hello to everyone! I bought the ultimate license 7 days ago, and so far I have not been able to host any games. I already tried everything that was possible and that I found here in the forum. I have already contacted my ISP and they say they opened port 1802, I already tried Hamachi, ZeroTier, several VPN. Simply my players can not connect to my game, always the same problem when connecting to the host. I would like to know if there is still some hidden alternative out there, and also if there is any refund policy in the last case. Sorry for any mistakes in my english, it's not my native language. Thank you very much! Sorry i can't edit the title..."host a game"

Zacchaeus
December 26th, 2018, 17:39
Hi edcarrijo welcome to FG and sorry to here you are having issues.

This post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained) contains a lot of useful information about connections issues.

Make sure that your network is set to private and that you have created an exception in your antiviruis software to allow FG through.

If you could post a screenshot of a tracert 8.8.8.8 that will help us diagnose further issues that you might have. (Type cmd into the search bar and then run the Command Prompt; type tracert 8.8.8.8 into the black box and then press return).

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2018, 17:48
Also, please let us know exactly what you have tried. Many, many, many times people say they have tried everything, but have missed a simple step like the one Zacchaeus mentioned. Also, after you have detailed all the things you have tried, please provide the results of a tracert so that we can further assist you.

Finally, if you purchased FG from the FG Store (i.e. this website) their is a 30 day money back guarantee you can obtain by mailing [email protected]. If you purchased via Steam, you will have to go through their refund policy which is something like 2 hours of application usage and reach out through their system.