PDA

View Full Version : Purchased modules not available in my modules tab

treefallingquietly
December 26th, 2018, 16:28
I am reinstalling FG on a new computer. I have a few purchase previously but when I go to load my campaign they are not in the list.

I have linked my FG account in Settings.

I can see the .Dat files in vault folder.
I deleted and updated to no avail.

When I click update I can see the modules being downloaded but they do not exist in my modules folder.

I go to the store and show purchase history, they are there.

I do not know what else to do.

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2018, 16:34
Campaigns or Modules?

Campaigns are stored on your computer, so you will have to move them from your old computer to your new computer.

Modules as you noticed are re-downloaded to each install of FG when you link your forum user account and if needed your Steam account. Purchased modules (except for token and map modules) are not installed in your modules folder, they are downloaded only to the vault folder since they are encrypted.

You can access modules from inside an FG campaign by going to the Library > Modules window and Loading them.

Zacchaeus
December 26th, 2018, 17:43
If you are not seeing modules in the module activation window within a campaign then that might suggest that your FGData is not in the same place that FG thinks it is. Make sure that the data path in settings is pointing to where your FGData folder actually exists.

Trenloe
December 26th, 2018, 18:16
Please provide a screenshot of the library -> module activation window, showing the modules you can activate. Also, let us know the modules you have purchased that you're not seeing.

treefallingquietly
December 26th, 2018, 19:02
Please provide a screenshot of the library -> module activation window, showing the modules you can activate. Also, let us know the modules you have purchased that you're not seeing.

I will. I have moved my data file inside of the FG main folder as I hate files all over the place. It resides in /fantasygrounds/appdata

I see them but FG does not.

I am starting a test campaign on the new computer. I am in demo mode. Would that cause a problem? It hasnt in the past.

Trenloe
December 26th, 2018, 19:04
I am starting a test campaign on the new computer. I am in demo mode. Would that cause a problem?
Yes, that will cause a problem. Encrypted modules (in the vault directory) need a FG license to access.

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2018, 19:09
Also make sure your settings in FG match where you moved your FG Data directory to. If you just moved them and didn't change your setting, FG won't know to look there.

treefallingquietly
December 26th, 2018, 19:40
Also make sure your settings in FG match where you moved your FG Data directory to. If you just moved them and didn't change your setting, FG won't know to look there.

Yes, did that on the settings page. It sounds like I am going to have to get a standard license. I might have had a test month subscription license in the past but I don't remember . I will work on that next.

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2018, 21:46
As mentioned by Trenloe, all the purchased DLC requires an active license (one-time or subscription) in order to access.

treefallingquietly
December 26th, 2018, 21:52
As mentioned by Trenloe, all the purchased DLC requires an active license (one-time or subscription) in order to access.

I think that is the problem. I don't remember how I saw it before, I must have bought a month to test out awhile ago. I will probably get the standard license as my group is table top and I need a place to track combat and encounters digitally. I wish I could bring over all my D&D and Beyond digital stuff. I hate the idea of purchasing it yet again. I was misled by what D&D and beyond was offering. On the plus side it can look up reference on my phone pretty easy. When is FG coming to mobile?

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2018, 21:56
FG won't have a mobile version until FGU comes out, if ever. The current architecture certainly won't support it without massive changes and such effort won't be put into the current engine. Not sure if FG would ever be viable on a mobile device. Maybe something that supports character view, but a 5 or 9" screen really wouldn't be useful as a VTT. But, maybe some limited functions?

Anyway, it's something that has been discussed, and I think their are some suggestions on the Wishlist if you want to look for and vote on them.

And, just in case you aren't familiar with FGU, their is a thread on it. In short, not estimated release date, and no promises as to what it will do other than be a new engine with better networking architecture.

treefallingquietly
December 26th, 2018, 23:44
I think a slim mobile version should be access to digital content. Character sheets from that content and a combat tracker and encounter builder. Don't need access to maps. It's more of a DM binder plus module organizer. If you own, for example, SKT then the digital content is there and you can run the combat encounters. All populated from the book so we don't have to manually build each fight.

LordEntrails
December 27th, 2018, 00:18
I think a slim mobile version should be access to digital content. Character sheets from that content and a combat tracker and encounter builder. Don't need access to maps. It's more of a DM binder plus module organizer. If you own, for example, SKT then the digital content is there and you can run the combat encounters. All populated from the book so we don't have to manually build each fight.
Make sure your ideas are captured on the wishlist :)

Though discussion here is good, enhancements and suggestions are likely to get lost if they are only on the forums here. They won't get lost on the wishlist.