PDA

View Full Version : 5e Combat Enhancer (built on retired GPL Advanced Kombat extension)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

LordEntrails
July 27th, 2020, 19:35
The actual option has been overwritten by the effects radial option on the token radial menu. Trying to undo that so that the accept move option will be available again (or at least that's the plan).
I vaguely remember another way this extension accepts movement. Don't remember how though. But perhaps you know that and are just looking to restore the default behavior

discgolferusa
July 27th, 2020, 19:40
I vaguely remember another way this extension accepts movement. Don't remember how though. But perhaps you know that and are just looking to restore the default behavior

Supposedly middle mouse does it. I'll test that out and make sure. I didn't think I got that to work though.

discgolferusa
July 27th, 2020, 19:55

Thanks for steering me towards trying different button combo's. It's middle mouse + right mouse click on token. That opens the original token menu for that token and I can accept the movement from there. It's not really documented anywhere that I can find (the front page said middle mouse button but that doesn't do anything).

So hopefully this helps others!

maugrim8866
July 29th, 2020, 17:06
That helps me!
I didnt know there was a radial "Accept Movement" button, or it has been so long I forgot.
I have been using middle mouse for so long.

jstgtpaid
July 30th, 2020, 01:29
Anyone want to test my new versions of token helper and combat enhancer to fix the following issues?

Change Log

Combat Enhancer
Removed Debug statement that throws error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

Added Method to remove error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:41: attempt to call field 'useFGUDiceValues' (a nil value)

Token Helper
Fixed flanking issue where foe with Unconscious status was still giving flanking advantage to ally. Fixed isActorDisabled5e call that was incorrectly returning nil for the ally record from the CT, so not finding conditions that should have prevented flanking rule from applying.

Core RPG - Token Helper (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgMvjsp7LJ85rE6dD6tKmJUJk8cO?e=OHvXLQ)

5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_6_0 (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgMvjsp7LJ85rE9AJioWCr8-Sofj?e=jRSEIu)

Again, these are for people who play more often than I do to help me test. If these seem to be good, I'll check these fixes into the github repo and officially update them here.

That fixed my issue. Thank you. Are you able to update github with this fix?

discgolferusa
July 30th, 2020, 01:52

Not yet, I'm messaging Styrmir to see if he'll give me contributor access to it and token helper.

bnotobo
July 30th, 2020, 16:58
Hi all. I just got around to downloading this ext following the instructions provided. It appears that everything is where it needs to be. However, when I go to load my campaign, the extension link in FGC has a large red X, and will not allow me to select it.

I'm running 5e in Fantasy Grounds Classic.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Chudstar
July 30th, 2020, 22:52
Anyone want to test my new versions of token helper and combat enhancer to fix the following issues?

Change Log

Combat Enhancer
Removed Debug statement that throws error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

Added Method to remove error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:41: attempt to call field 'useFGUDiceValues' (a nil value)

Token Helper
Fixed flanking issue where foe with Unconscious status was still giving flanking advantage to ally. Fixed isActorDisabled5e call that was incorrectly returning nil for the ally record from the CT, so not finding conditions that should have prevented flanking rule from applying.

Core RPG - Token Helper (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgMvjsp7LJ85rE6dD6tKmJUJk8cO?e=OHvXLQ)

5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_6_0 (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgMvjsp7LJ85rE9AJioWCr8-Sofj?e=jRSEIu)

Again, these are for people who play more often than I do to help me test. If these seem to be good, I'll check these fixes into the github repo and officially update them here.
Hi, im just having the 2nd error. Do i just replace the files u attached to the extensions subfolder and should do the trick? Thanks for your work btw.

discgolferusa
July 31st, 2020, 04:30
Hi, im just having the 2nd error. Do i just replace the files u attached to the extensions subfolder and should do the trick? Thanks for your work btw.

Yes, the only thing token helper fixes is a bug in flanking, so if you don’t play with flanking on you shouldn’t need it.

discgolferusa
July 31st, 2020, 04:33
Hi all. I just got around to downloading this ext following the instructions provided. It appears that everything is where it needs to be. However, when I go to load my campaign, the extension link in FGC has a large red X, and will not allow me to select it.

I'm running 5e in Fantasy Grounds Classic.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have both token helper and the combat extension? You need both for it to work. Also make sure you do not already have the image layers extension since combat enhancer contains it already.

discgolferusa
August 3rd, 2020, 18:33

I was just given access to the repos so will probably get a patched version on there in the next day or so. I'll post an official release for them here afterwards.

StoryWeaver
August 4th, 2020, 01:10
Notification

I've added discgolferusa as a collaborator to my GitHub for the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic and Token Enhancer projects.
With the purpose of maintaining and keeping the extensions working and current as SmiteWorks updates FGC.
Furthermore please direct any patches and fixes that you find to discgolferusa and they'll be able to push them to everybody. :)

Anybody else that wants to continue to contribute to either projects (including the FGU version), and are able to work independently please send me a PM and I'll add you as a collaborator.

discgolferusa
August 4th, 2020, 04:16
Grab the latest ranged_attacks.lua from the scripts folder on GitHub (it's not updated in the in the INSTALL VERSIONS folder), it looks to have this issue fixed. Alternatively, you can do what I did and edit the file; within the if block on lines 413-449, move the "Spell Action version 1" block to before the "Weapon version 1" block.
The result ends up looking something like this:

-- Spell action version 1
-- this exception is needed as some modules have a slightly different range entries
-- where spell entries on NPCs are put under actions, and only one range is available
-- string input ex. 'Ranged Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 150 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (3d6) fire damage. ...'
rangeText = string.match(description, "ranged?%s%d+");
if rangeText ~= nil then
medRange = string.sub(rangeText, 7, string.len(rangeText));
maxRange = medRange;
end

-- Weapon version 1
-- search for 'range * ft', return range as substring, split substring in two (medium/max range)
-- string input ex. 'Thrown (range 30/120)'' and 'range 30/120 ft.''
rangeText = string.match(description, "ranged?%s%d+/%d+");
if rangeText ~= nil then
-- find '/' index
-- medRange = start of numbers to before index
-- maxRange = after index to end
local index = string.find(rangeText, '/');
medRange = string.sub(rangeText, 7, index - 1);
maxRange = string.sub(rangeText, index + 1, string.len(rangeText));
end

-- Weapon version 2
-- this exception is needed as some modules have a slightly different range entries
-- string input ex. 'Thrown (range 30 ft./120)'' and 'range 30 ft./120 ft.''
rangeText = string.match(description, "ranged?%s%d+%s?[a-zA-Z]+\.?/%d+");
if rangeText ~= nil then
local index = string.find(rangeText, '/');
medRange = string.match(string.sub(rangeText, 7, index), "%d+");
maxRange = string.sub(rangeText, index + 1, string.len(rangeText));
end
In that snippet also corrected the regex from * to + (match one or more digits rather than match zero or more), and made it more forgiving towards the effect wording. Any combination of the following variations will work with it:
ranged 150/600 (ranged instead of range)
range 150ft./600 (no space between 150 and ft.)
range 150 ft/600 (no period in ft.)
range 150 m/600 (any unit of any character length)

Open up ranged_attacks.lua from Token Helper. Go to around line 516 and change:
local rangeText = string.match(description, "%d*");
to:
local rangeText = string.match(description, "%d+");
Then just edit the spell in FG (may need to add it to the character's sheet first), and add the range. For Produce Flame I've got Self, 30ft; Radiant Sun Bolt is the same just without Self. The code change for this part ensures that it won't match an empty string and get a range of "" from "Self, 30"
This gets me the correct output of "The ranged attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Produce Flame (30) from 540 feet."

I’ll look at getting this added and tested as soon as I can. Thanks for this!

discgolferusa
August 4th, 2020, 17:10
Change Log

Combat Enhancer v1.6.1
* Removed Debug statement that throws error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

* Added Method to remove error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:41: attempt to call field 'useFGUDiceValues' (a nil value)

Token Helper v1.1.10
* Fixed flanking issue where foe with Unconscious status was still giving flanking advantage to ally. Fixed isActorDisabled5e call that was incorrectly returning nil for the ally record from the CT, so not finding conditions that should have prevented flanking rule from applying.

* Added ranged attack fixes submitted by agiath

* Fixed bug where Magic Stone cantrip was erroring because the maxrange value was returning nil.

These versions have been pushed to the Install Versions folder in the Github repo's located in post #1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension)).

Let me know if you run into any issues and I'll try to get to them as quick as possible.

WinterSoldier7
August 5th, 2020, 09:42
Hello, noob question;

Do I download this again and overwrite the one I have in the extensions folder?

And thank you!

LordEntrails
August 6th, 2020, 22:46
Hello, noob question;

Do I download this again and overwrite the one I have in the extensions folder?

And thank you!
Yes, each time it is updated you need to re-download it.

ddaley
August 8th, 2020, 19:25
I have a question about this extension. I just installed the current version and am having a (hopefully) minor issue. I wanted to play with it a bit, so, I loaded our campaign with these 2 extensions enabled, opened a map and dropped a couple tokens from the combat tracker. (There were a couple tokens already on the map from our last session... not sure if that is part of the issue). One of the new tokens dropped onto the map had a yellow exclamation showing. I take it there was some issue with it. But, at that point, I could do nothing with that token. I can't move it. I can't delete it.

I removed that character from the combat tracker and the token remained. I exited FG, reloaded the campaign without the extensions, and the icon was gone. I reloaded with the extensions and the token was back... still can't do anything with it. How do I get rid of it?

Bonkon
August 8th, 2020, 21:42
I have a question about this extension. I just installed the current version and am having a (hopefully) minor issue. I wanted to play with it a bit, so, I loaded our campaign with these 2 extensions enabled, opened a map and dropped a couple tokens from the combat tracker. (There were a couple tokens already on the map from our last session... not sure if that is part of the issue). One of the new tokens dropped onto the map had a yellow exclamation showing. I take it there was some issue with it. But, at that point, I could do nothing with that token. I can't move it. I can't delete it.

I removed that character from the combat tracker and the token remained. I exited FG, reloaded the campaign without the extensions, and the icon was gone. I reloaded with the extensions and the token was back... still can't do anything with it. How do I get rid of it?

Good Day ddaley :)
I believe if the NPC or PC is in the CT and is at 0 HPS it will put them with the yellow exclamation and drop it to a different layer. As the DM you can change the layers by selecting the layer across the top of the map window. Or you can adjust the HPS in the CT or have a healing spell cast on it by dragging and dropping in the CT. :)

Bonkon
August 8th, 2020, 22:16
/dsave

Put it in a hot bar for quick use.

Good Day All :)
I just updated to the newest versions and I cannot seem to get the saves to clear. I type the /dsave in the chat and it fills with the basic slash commands. If I try clicking the Clear Saves die at the top of the map (Saw I needed to access it initially by clicking the grid selection) still nothing happens.

ddaley
August 8th, 2020, 22:18
Good Day ddaley :)
I believe if the NPC or PC is in the CT and is at 0 HPS it will put them with the yellow exclamation and drop it to a different layer. As the DM you can change the layers by selecting the layer across the top of the map window. Or you can adjust the HPS in the CT or have a healing spell cast on it by dragging and dropping in the CT. :)

Thanks for the reply... After playing with the layers, I was finally able to be rid of the token. Apparently, the token was on the "feature" layer (even though the character had > 100 hit points). The first thing I tried was toggling between the top and bottom layers. That allowed me to select and delete the token. But, once I toggled back to the other layer, the token would reappear. However, once I specifically activated the feature layer, I was able to select and finally get rid of the token.

discgolferusa
August 8th, 2020, 23:23
Good Day All :)
I just updated to the newest versions and I cannot seem to get the saves to clear. I type the /dsave in the chat and it fills with the basic slash commands. If I try clicking the Clear Saves die at the top of the map (Saw I needed to access it initially by clicking the grid selection) still nothing happens.

Odd, I just searched the code and don't see a dsave command in the FGC version of this extension. I know it exists in the new version for FGU though, did this chat command work before for you?

I just tested on my local copy and the clear saves die at the top of the map did clear for me. If that happens again, type /console into the chat and see if there are any error messages there. That may give me something to go on.

discgolferusa
August 8th, 2020, 23:28
Thanks for the reply... After playing with the layers, I was finally able to be rid of the token. Apparently, the token was on the "feature" layer (even though the character had > 100 hit points). The first thing I tried was toggling between the top and bottom layers. That allowed me to select and delete the token. But, once I toggled back to the other layer, the token would reappear. However, once I specifically activated the feature layer, I was able to select and finally get rid of the token.

Yeah, the only way that token should appear is if your character has been knocked below zero hp. If for some reason it had a status of dying on it, it would possibly happen as well. Since the yellow icon is only used to signify someone with a dying status, I don't believe that a typical clear saves button click would do anything because it isn't a save status.

Merecraft
August 10th, 2020, 13:50
Hi discogolferusa, thanks for picking this up!

I've had an issue with this extension for a while. It clashes with the Better Sneak Attack extension here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55818-5E-Better-Sneak-Attack&highlight=sneak+attack).

It gives the following error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_tbe.lua"]:33: attempt to call field 'deactivateEffect' (a nil value)

According to the author of that extension it is because "That would be an issue with the fact that the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic is overwriting the entire Effect Manager and didn't bother to include new functionality that was added to CoreRPG."

It's all gobbledigook to me, but does that make sense? Is there anything you can do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

discgolferusa
August 13th, 2020, 19:49
Hi discogolferusa, thanks for picking this up!

I've had an issue with this extension for a while. It clashes with the Better Sneak Attack extension here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55818-5E-Better-Sneak-Attack&highlight=sneak+attack).

It gives the following error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_tbe.lua"]:33: attempt to call field 'deactivateEffect' (a nil value)

According to the author of that extension it is because "That would be an issue with the fact that the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic is overwriting the entire Effect Manager and didn't bother to include new functionality that was added to CoreRPG."

It's all gobbledigook to me, but does that make sense? Is there anything you can do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry I haven't responded, just got power back from dealing with the aftermath of the Derecho that slammed into is here.

I haven't used that extension before so can't guarantee I can fix issues between it and the combat enhancer, but I'll check it out when I get a chance. Won't be for a few days yet because of other obligations and recovering from 3 days with no power.

Merecraft
August 13th, 2020, 20:58
Sorry I haven't responded, just got power back from dealing with the aftermath of the Derecho that slammed into is here.

I haven't used that extension before so can't guarantee I can fix issues between it and the combat enhancer, but I'll check it out when I get a chance. Won't be for a few days yet because of other obligations and recovering from 3 days with no power.

Thanks very much. No rush, just stay safe!

SmackDaddy
September 6th, 2020, 17:26
Sorry if this has been answered in all the posts previous to this -- but is this fully compatible with Unity and has anyone noticed any issues with it conflicting with other extensions? I had some issues this weekend in a session zero pretend battle to get my players adjusted to learning the tracker and combat and had some odd instances whereby flanking and advantage/disadvantage was acting odd along with the sneak attack extension I had not working as it should (I know the sneak attack extension was done by someone else, I merely mention it because I was using it along with this extension)

Jiminimonka
September 6th, 2020, 17:30
Sorry if this has been answered in all the posts previous to this -- but is this fully compatible with Unity and has anyone noticed any issues with it conflicting with other extensions? I had some issues this weekend in a session zero pretend battle to get my players adjusted to learning the tracker and combat and had some odd instances whereby flanking and advantage/disadvantage was acting odd along with the sneak attack extension I had not working as it should (I know the sneak attack extension was done by someone else, I merely mention it because I was using it along with this extension)

Have you checked the first post in this thread?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension)&p=419590&viewfull=1#post419590

There is a link to the Unity version.

SmackDaddy
September 6th, 2020, 20:43
Yes, I missed it - thank you.

mclimbin
November 3rd, 2020, 16:30
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum. Please disregard.

Mario
December 15th, 2020, 12:09

I cannot select the extension

Trenloe
December 15th, 2020, 12:32

I cannot select the extension
Welcome to the FG forums.

The red X means that you don't have a required extension enabled. As mentioned in post #1, you also need the Token Helper extension.

AliAthena
February 17th, 2021, 22:00
The latest update seems to have broken this for FGC. I now get a wall of console errors when opening the combat tracker.

attempt to index global variable 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 22:10
Make sure to get the latest versions of any extensions you are using; and disable those that do not have versions updated yesterday or today.

Regards,
JPG

rockmaster007
February 18th, 2021, 06:11
same here

rockmaster007
February 18th, 2021, 06:12
same here
attempt to index global variable 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

AliAthena
February 18th, 2021, 12:54
Make sure to get the latest versions of any extensions you are using; and disable those that do not have versions updated yesterday or today.

Did that, that's how I narrowed it down to this. The errors happen with only token helper and combat enhancer active, so it's 100% this and not another extension not an interaction with another extension.

Jiminimonka
February 18th, 2021, 14:36
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension)&p=419590&viewfull=1#post419590

This Extension is no longer supported or updated (and hasn't been for some time)

aquavitae
February 27th, 2021, 17:48
For anyone else like me who still uses this, I've attempted to update it to work with the latest Ruleset updates. I haven't published it as an ext file yet, but for those interested enough to do a tiny bit of work, simply download the zip from here [MODERATOR: link removed] and rename it to .ext and it should work. It's not fully tested, although most of the major functionality seems to work. If it reaches the point where (a) I'm happy that it's stable and (b) I have the time to maintain it longer term, I'll create a new thread with a proper downloadable ext.

I anyone finds problem with it, please create an issue on the github page [MODERATOR: link removed]. I can't guarantee that I'll follow up any responses on this thread.

Note: to make my own life easier I copied the Token Helper into it, so that extension is no longer required.

[MODERATOR - as mentioned in the next post, you need to refer the license in post #1. This modification doesn't adhere to the license the developer released their code under, and so you can't make this available publicly.]

GKEnialb
February 27th, 2021, 21:55
Be sure to check out the license for the original that you copied. Pretty sure that he (specifically with Token Helper) doesn't allow it to be copied / modified.

aquavitae
February 28th, 2021, 05:41
Well that's annoying... I suspect the Token Helper contains bits of code copied from an FG ruleset, so that's why it's a separate module, and why the license is there. The main one is GPL3, so that's fine. In that case the best I can to is create a pull request against token helper for the fixes needed there, and leave that dependency.

xxXEliteXxx
May 1st, 2021, 05:58
Has there been any sort of replacement for this extension with similar functionality that works with 3.3.15?

BaneTBC
May 2nd, 2021, 17:01
At this point, pretty much every aspect of this extensions functionality has been broken up and redone by various extension authors. You just need to look for what ones you need\want and who has done it. While it removes the convenience of a one size fits all block of extensions, it does give the benefit that they are being actively supported, where this one has long since been causing conflicts with other extensions. (loved it while it lasted, but all things change)

AnarK0
May 21st, 2021, 19:08
Hello @Styrmir.
I`m facing the same problem reported above when trying to use Combat Enhancer in classic FG. A plenty of errors appears when I open the combat tracker and combat grids, making impossible to use the extension.

Is there a new update or something that I can do to use this fantastic extension in classic FG?

Thanks in advance

GKEnialb
May 22nd, 2021, 17:08
Hello @Styrmir.
I`m facing the same problem reported above when trying to use Combat Enhancer in classic FG. A plenty of errors appears when I open the combat tracker and combat grids, making impossible to use the extension.

Is there a new update or something that I can do to use this fantastic extension in classic FG?

Thanks in advance

This extension hasn't been supported in quite some time. As BaneTBC says above, most or all of the functionality is now supported across several other extensions (though I'm not sure how many support classic).

AliAthena
July 28th, 2021, 22:24
(though I'm not sure how many support classic).

That's the problem I'm running into. Really the big must-have for me is the token height, but the only thing I can find for that is for FGU.

rhagelstrom
July 29th, 2021, 02:12
That's the problem I'm running into. Really the big must-have for me is the token height, but the only thing I can find for that is for FGU.
Try this one. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51005-Extension-Height-label&p=453610#post453610

GEONE
July 29th, 2021, 15:43
Would someone be able to point me in the direction of some of the other extensions that offer similar functionality to aspects of this extension? (FGU preferably)

MrDDT
July 29th, 2021, 18:25
Would someone be able to point me in the direction of some of the other extensions that offer similar functionality to aspects of this extension? (FGU preferably)

Which functions you want?

Flanking and Range Checking (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/314487/Fantasy-Grounds-Automatic-Flanking-and-Range?term=Flanking+and+Ra)

Highlighter (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66336-CoreRPG-Combat-Highlighter)

Status Indicators/Saves (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/353690/Fantasy-Grounds-5E-Indicators?affiliate_id=712946)

There are a few. If you think of what other functions let me know.

GEONE
July 30th, 2021, 04:02
Thanks, this helps me greatly!