PDA

View Full Version : 5e Combat Enhancer (built on retired GPL Advanced Kombat extension)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

michaelzep
November 9th, 2019, 19:13
Your FG app data directory folders should look very similar to the image in post #1 - the key ones being extensions and tokens. If it doesn’t look that that for you then please post a screenshot of your setup.

My folders look like that. It's the files downloaded that don't

MrDDT
November 9th, 2019, 22:05
My folders look like that. It's the files downloaded that don't

It looks really close. Are you having a problem?

Martin153
November 15th, 2019, 09:47
Hiya.. I am getting this error all the time since the last FG update?

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_versionchk.lua"]:25: VERSION :3.3.9 is not supported for 5e Combat Enhancer 1.5.7, it is only supported for 3.3.8 use at your own risk!
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (icon)

EDIT: My bad I was a version behind... Seems okay now....updated from V1.5.7 to V1.5.8

Viktoria
November 16th, 2019, 10:30
hi iam on 3.3.9
getting script errors
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:632: attempt to call field 'setupToken' (a nil value)
have installed all your extensions from github

Jankin
November 20th, 2019, 01:15
Due to the coder not working on CE, I'm going to take it this Ext is dying? Its now out of date and stuff is slowly breaking, one of our games we can't use it anymore due to causing blank screens with maps when using masks, if you have a mask already on your table it prevents anyone from joining your game.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 01:21
... we can't use it anymore due to causing blank screens with maps when using masks, if you have a mask already on your table it prevents anyone from joining your game.
I won't rule it out, but I'd be surprised if this was caused by the extension. What ISP is your GM on? There have been a few instances recently of GMs with AT&T as their ISP where players can't download complete data when they join the GM - this is worse for new players to a campaign.

MrDDT
November 20th, 2019, 01:40
Due to the coder not working on CE, I'm going to take it this Ext is dying? Its now out of date and stuff is slowly breaking, one of our games we can't use it anymore due to causing blank screens with maps when using masks, if you have a mask already on your table it prevents anyone from joining your game.

I use this ext daily with about 30 other ext and do not have any problem.

I suggest making sure its the ext and not something else. This ext is not out of date at all.

Jankin
November 20th, 2019, 01:43
He is AT&T but its been brought up before, when CE is turned off, there is no issues.

Jankin
November 20th, 2019, 01:59
I won't rule it out, but I'd be surprised if this was caused by the extension. What ISP is your GM on? There have been a few instances recently of GMs with AT&T as their ISP where players can't download complete data when they join the GM - this is worse for new players to a campaign.

Ty Trenloe, even though only a few things are broken with in the Ext, I have alot of people joining my table with no issues at all, so it must be something on his side, hes now refusing to use CE and thats nearly a game killer for me mechanical wise. (Its the blood splatter to be honest) :P

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 02:05
He is AT&T but its been brought up before, when CE is turned off, there is no issues.
That may just be coincidence that you didn't see an issue with the extension turned off.

Like I said, I'd be surprised if this extension caused new players joining to have issues with masks because it actually has no control over masks (other than changing the mask graphic to black) - the mask functionality (revealing, transmitting, etc.) is embedded in the FG application executable itself. There's been a few posts where players aren't getting masks and other assets downloaded from GMs on AT&T - and AT&T is the issue. Read from here onwards: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51314-FG-won-t-show-any-images-nothing-will-download-but-connecting-seems-to-work-fine&p=460567&viewfull=1#post460567

Jankin
November 20th, 2019, 02:07
Its a shame, since hes refusing now to look in to the matter, since he believe's its CE thats causing the issue, when I know it isn't.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 02:11
Its a shame, since hes refusing now to look in to the matter, since he believe's its CE thats causing the issue, when I know it isn't.
Maybe try showing him that thread I've linked. If you don't get any traction, there'll probably be a point where he'll encounter issues with players not being able to download new content from the GM. Then you can say "I told you so!" or just nod sagely - depending on your style! ;)

Jankin
November 20th, 2019, 02:39
Maybe try showing him that thread I've linked. If you don't get any traction, there'll probably be a point where he'll encounter issues with players not being able to download new content from the GM. Then you can say "I told you so!" or just nod sagely - depending on your style! ;)

Trust me I've already done that lol

JLBatman
November 20th, 2019, 04:14
Yep, I run a game each week with up to ten players at once (yikes), and this extension is still a requirement for me and works just fine. Even on DotMM, and with more extensions and other modules engages than I care to admit.

DJL73
November 21st, 2019, 17:59
I had a problem last week with players joining my game only getting blank maps (all black) for any maps we had previously used with the CE extension. This was after I updated to 3.3.9. Having the players nuke their player cache and restart FG resolved the issue for us.

StoryWeaver
December 4th, 2019, 00:49
New version of 5e Combat Enhancer released.

v1.5.9 (December 4th, 2019) (patch)
* Removing a target of an actor in a CT, by left-clicking the icon of the target, would cause an error. Fixed. [scripts/manager_targeting.lua: removeCTTargetEntry]

JLBatman
December 4th, 2019, 01:29
Nice catch, Sty. I think I hit on this a little while back and didn't know how to reproduce it cause next game session we must not have done that combination.

Also, I see you are working on FGU! Nice to have this go there!

flynnkd
December 4th, 2019, 06:50
You might break your signature links up with a linefeed, I kept clicking the first line and couldnt understand why the version numbers were wrong etc....I didn't know they were two different things. Great ext :)

StoryWeaver
December 4th, 2019, 12:19
@JLBatman

The credit for this particular bug actually goes to TheGeek.
He sent me a PM with the bug and solution. So 20-30 minutes of testing, with and without fix, updating, documenting, uploading, posting, post editing later etc. and here it is lol.

Though I no longer support this extension by and large with updates etc. As it is in it's final state as far as I'm concerned and I'll be moving to FGU at the first opportunity. I have snuck in the the odd version fix patch etc.

But all development effort will be going into FGU development. In the 5E Enhancer for example. :)
Currently however development there is slow, as certain functionality is not stabilized yet, it has not been optimized yet and the /reload function is disabled.

StoryWeaver
December 4th, 2019, 12:23
@flynnkd

Extra spacing added. ;)

LordEntrails
December 11th, 2019, 05:33
the only other extension i have installed is the "Current HP" one. Thank you in advance.
Disable the Current HP extension. Then see if you get any errors.

This extension does a lot of stuff, meaning it touches lots and lots of files and objects and functions. Meaning it will often conflict with other extensions.

Edit: and Welcome!

poppy_thompson
December 11th, 2019, 19:20
Just a quick entry here for an issue I was having with Out of the Abyss. Eldeth Feldrun was causing issues with her ranged attacks. It wouldn't roll the attack and would cause a script error. After some testing to make sure it wasn't a combination of extensions, I looked closer at Eldeth's stat block and compared it to another NPC's with a longbow attack. In this case, a Hobgoblin. As you can see in the picture, Eldeth's stat block has the range syntax as 'ranged 150/600 ft.' when it should be 'range 150/600 ft.', as seen in the Hobgoblin stat block. When corrected, the errors stopped and the attacks worked as intended.

I am posting this here, because I don't believe this issue causes problems when not using this extension.

wjpennington
December 27th, 2019, 21:39
Hi there, group. I'll start this out like I'm in a support group. I'm William, and I'm a moron.

I've been excited about this extension, and I've installed the combat enhancer, and the token helper. But When I actually try to add encounters to the tracker from a map I get this:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:1054: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image."

ok, scratch this, figured it out: its some form of conflict with the maps and encounters I prepared and saved locations earlier. Blanking and restarting, and redoign the encounters and token positioning I no longer get the error when I start adding encounters to the tracker.

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2019, 22:37
How are you adding the NPC to the map? Is this an NPC from an official module or one created by you? Where did the token come from? Does this happen if you add an encounter from an official module (if you have one available to test).

wjpennington
December 28th, 2019, 06:27
The NPC is added to the map from the position set my the module, or where I set the placement tokens. This is from an official modules-- multiple ones.

In fact, O now notice I cant open encounter pins from maps when I have the extensiosn loaded, nor can I mask the maps--the option doesn't even appear now.

If I disable them, I'm able to again open 'pin' locations and use map masking.

Trenloe
December 28th, 2019, 06:56
In fact, O now notice I cant open encounter pins from maps when I have the extensiosn loaded, nor can I mask the maps--the option doesn't even appear now.
See the "Important" section at the bottom of the first post.

wjpennington
December 28th, 2019, 07:41
Thanks! So just make sure to redo preplaced NPC's or otherwise make sure the NPC's and PCs are on the same layer. Seems to be working now, with all other extensions reloaded.

Sirjohn2
January 5th, 2020, 06:30
So not sure if I'm missing something. When I open a map, I have to set the map to full and have it in the background, and change it to the proper layer for me to click on the links on the map. Is there a way where I don't have to do this, or to disable the layering altogether? I love everything else about this extension, but if I have to keep putting the maps to full view and change the layer just to click on the links, then can't do it lol. Anyone know of a way to help this?

Zacchaeus
January 5th, 2020, 11:46
So not sure if I'm missing something. When I open a map, I have to set the map to full and have it in the background, and change it to the proper layer for me to click on the links on the map. Is there a way where I don't have to do this, or to disable the layering altogether? I love everything else about this extension, but if I have to keep putting the maps to full view and change the layer just to click on the links, then can't do it lol. Anyone know of a way to help this?

You shouldn't need to put the maps to the background but you will need to unlock the map and select the correct layer to access the pins. (If you don't see the unlock button make the map a little bigger until you do see it).

JLBatman
January 5th, 2020, 15:25
I can confirm you don't need to put the map to full, and I'm running two games with a large number of individuals across pc and Mac, and at least one of them is very much not IT-inclined. The only one for whom the layers should cause any "challenges" is the DM, as they often have to go to the first layer to grab the pins from modules. For everyone else, they do all their work from the third and never even fiddle with it.

Top layer= play layer, and the only one players work with.
Middle layer = handles token overlaps for people who drag their icon onto their dead friend. Keeps them from getting all messed up. No one will spend much time here. You can use combat tracker to avoid ever going there at all, even as the GM.
Bottom layer = pins, some drawings, etc... go here. If you build your own module and own pins, you can almost completely avoid this one, too. But only in that situation.

wjpennington
January 6th, 2020, 02:11
I've taken just to placing pins to the layer where I'm interacting with everything else. However, if you do this, you still have to switch layers to mask/unmask. Its not a big deal, and doesn't take much prep time. Another thing, if you can't find the approve move command on the radial menu, dotn worry. you can still approve moves with a middle mouse click; I think it just needed the radial menu space for other options.

Smoltok
January 10th, 2020, 23:39
Someone could help me resolving this : Runtime Notice: Host session started
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:features_image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:play_image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:play_image)
Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:478: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

I've just these extension active.

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2020, 00:40
I think there are two parts to this extension. Have you downloaded and activated both?

Smoltok
January 11th, 2020, 08:23
I think there are two parts to this extension. Have you downloaded and activated both?

Hi Dear Zac !

I 've have installed those :

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic version 1.5.9
Core RPG - Token Helper 5E version 1.1.8

The error happens when I use range attack ! ( with option settings : automatic range modifier = ON )

Trenloe
January 11th, 2020, 10:06
Someone could help me resolving this : Runtime Notice: Host session started
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:features_image)
Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:478: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

I've just these extension active.
The warnings are expected. The error is usually caused by the format of the ranged attack string not being standard.

What ranged weapons are in the PC/NPC being used? Check the details of the weapons in the PC/NPC.

Smoltok
January 11th, 2020, 10:22
Check the details of the weapons in the PC/NPC.

That's it ! The PC weapon I use to test was poorly formed.
With properties such Ammunition (range 30/120), light, loading
there is no error !

There is no automatic DISADV when the target is out of range, just in the chat output. Right ?

maugrim8866
January 20th, 2020, 21:55
I love this extension, it so many good functions and features.
Has there been any discussions about making some or all of these features integrated into FGU? I my opinion this extension is so good, it should be base functionality for the next version of FG.

curious

notrealdan
January 20th, 2020, 22:04
I love this extension, it so many good functions and features.
Has there been any discussions about making some or all of these features integrated into FGU? I my opinion this extension is so good, it should be base functionality for the next version of FG.

curious

Hi, no but there's this other extension by the same author that should be what you're looking for for FGU.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51353-5E-Enhancer

Salva
February 2nd, 2020, 08:38
Hi, thank you Styrmir for your awesome work.
Want to ask the users how they handle the fact that the encounters of the official mouled populate in to the background layer?
Do you just replace them manually to the players one?
Do you rebuild the encounter in the players layer and then save?
How do you handle this?
For an encounter with 1 NPC there is no problem but when you have many encounters and several npcs per encounter then its a little pain to rebuild/change/replace them in the "proper" layer.
Hope someone has a clever way to deal with this o maybe there is a way to make the extension place the encounters by default in the players layer.
Thank you very much

Salva
February 2nd, 2020, 13:12
Styrmir do you think you can change the extension in order to make The encounters populate on the players layer or make the actual background layer the players one?

Egheal
February 2nd, 2020, 13:42
I think this question has already been answered. If I remember correctly there is no way to change this behaviour. I'm pretty sure you must place the pins on the upper layer manually.

Salva
February 2nd, 2020, 14:07
Ya I got an answer by Zacchaeus on discord.
The real problem is not the pins but the encounters population and can't be fixed.
That brokes the extension for original adventures.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2020, 15:03
Ya I got an answer by Zacchaeus on discord.
The real problem is not the pins but the encounters population and can't be fixed.
That brokes the extension for original adventures.
This is not accurate.

The extension uses code from the Enhanced Images Extension (layers) which I specifically coded to make encounter token placement on the top (play) level of the map. I've just tested this to make sure Styrmir is using this code and to see if it still works - which it does (testing with some encounters from the LMoP module). So this extension is working correctly and places the tokens correctly on the top layer - which is what you're asking for.

As with any extension, if you run other extensions there is a chance that there will be a clash and some functionality might not work correctly. What other extensions are you using?

I'd recommend doing a test with only this extension (and the required token helper extension) enabled - no other extensions loaded.

Egheal
February 2nd, 2020, 15:28
Yes, i never had any problem with the token placement. The pins are on the lower level though, but it is a really minor problem.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2020, 15:35
The pins are on the lower level though, but it is a really minor problem.
Yep, that's why the switch between top and bottom layer button was added to AK extension (at least I believe that's where it first appeared) and remains in this extension. This makes it very quick to switch to the bottom layer to access shortcut pins, do masking/unmasking, etc..

Salva
February 2nd, 2020, 17:25
Thank you @Trenloe for bringing the mighty light to my path. :)
The conflict was with the NPC Favors extension. Thought they were compatible.
Thank you very much!!!

TheoGeek
February 2nd, 2020, 19:12
Yeah, and because I'm me I literally ALWAYS forget to change layers and I add the encounter to the wrong layer. :) And I forget until the players say "What? There aren't any monsters." hehe

xxXEliteXxx
February 16th, 2020, 16:38
Hello, just found this extension and keep getting an error whenever i open an image, and everything breaks as a result. Does anyone know how to fix this? No other extensions loaded except for the two required to make this extension work.

Zacchaeus
February 16th, 2020, 17:54
Have you loaded and selected both parts of the extension. And added in the tokens to the tokens folder? I believe you need to do all that for this extension to work.

jonesdaadi
February 16th, 2020, 22:17
I have been using this extension for some time. It is great for the most part, and its logic is sound. I do however keep getting an error and have a problem with a very specific thing. Perhaps someone can tell me what I am doing wrong or how i could fix this extension.
The bug goes like this; when i place an NPC in the combat tracker, and it has a ranged spell attack I can attack normally as long as the NPC is not on any map. If the NPC is on a map, i cannot use ranged spell attacks from the combat tracker or the NPC sheet itself. Neither dropping the die on the token or the combat tracker will attack normally. I have attached an image of the error. In the example image, the Fire Ray from the farmer triggered this error. It has happened with every NPC for some time while using this extension. 31646

xxXEliteXxx
February 17th, 2020, 13:11
Have you loaded and selected both parts of the extension. And added in the tokens to the tokens folder? I believe you need to do all that for this extension to work.

yes I've ensured that I've done all that. The tokens 'Combat Enhancer' folder is in '/tokens/host/' and both the token helper and combat enhancer extensions are loaded and enabled before launching.

JLBatman
February 17th, 2020, 15:12
I've one suggestion, juuuust in case it is related to this. But when you bring your bad guys/targets/whatever onto the map, are you making sure you are dragging them FROM the combat tracker onto the 3rd (topmost) layer, and not dragging them from the NPC/monsters interface?
To word it differently, NPCs/Enemies need to go from the selection interface where you find them into the combat tracker, and then from there onto the map. Encounters will be doing this for you already, so if you are getting the error that way, than what I'm suggesting is not the issue.

jonesdaadi
February 17th, 2020, 18:43
I've one suggestion, juuuust in case it is related to this. But when you bring your bad guys/targets/whatever onto the map, are you making sure you are dragging them FROM the combat tracker onto the 3rd (topmost) layer, and not dragging them from the NPC/monsters interface?
To word it differently, NPCs/Enemies need to go from the selection interface where you find them into the combat tracker, and then from there onto the map. Encounters will be doing this for you already, so if you are getting the error that way, than what I'm suggesting is not the issue.

Thanks for your reply. i was quick to try this, as i have had trouble with tokens/maps/ layers and the combat tracker before. It does not seem to change anything. If the token is on the map, i get an error. If i delete the token, i can attack as normal. I can even target the token i want to attack, and then delete the NPC from the map and attack the target via combat tracker. But once the token is on the map, no matter where, the error happens with any ranged spell attack.

JLBatman
February 17th, 2020, 18:51
Ok, one more check from me, if you don't mind trying this. Don't try it if you already have, of course, but have you seen whether there is a difference on token distance from its target? I've seen some erroneous distance issues, but I will admit they don't give the error you've noted. But anything to help us pint point something I figure should help. I found once that some users could not cast onto a target on the map because of a weird (and incorrect) distance assessment, but they COULD cast when using targeting/drag-dropping onto the enemy from within the tracker itself.

jonesdaadi
February 17th, 2020, 19:05
Ok, one more check from me, if you don't mind trying this. Don't try it if you already have, of course, but have you seen whether there is a difference on token distance from its target? I've seen some erroneous distance issues, but I will admit they don't give the error you've noted. But anything to help us pint point something I figure should help. I found once that some users could not cast onto a target on the map because of a weird (and incorrect) distance assessment, but they COULD cast when using targeting/drag-dropping onto the enemy from within the tracker itself.

It seems to be calculating distance correctly. I get the error whether i drop the attack roll on the token on the map or if i drop the roll on the combat tracker entry if the NPC is on the map. Targeting has no effect either way. As soon as i take the NPC off the map, all is well.

xxXEliteXxx
February 20th, 2020, 11:27
yes I've ensured that I've done all that. The tokens 'Combat Enhancer' folder is in '/tokens/host/' and both the token helper and combat enhancer extensions are loaded and enabled before launching.

I tried this on a new install of FG and still getting this issue. it makes using the map impossible as it doesn't update, so scrolling and panning the map doesn't function. Anyone have any ideas?

TheoGeek
February 20th, 2020, 14:39
I just created a new campaign and downloaded the versions of these extensions from the links on the first post.

I am seeing the same behavior.

I know it used to work because this is one of the extensions that I always loaded and used until Styrmir started releasing the new 5E-Enhancer. He's developing that for FGU, but I've found that most of what I used it for works in FG Classic as well. You might want to give that a try and see how it works for you as it looks like FG updates conflict with the "classic" version of this extension.

StoryWeaver
February 20th, 2020, 16:48
While I'm not officially supporting this extension any more, I don't like the idea of it ceasing to work entirely after a FG update.

For future support I'll direct you towards the FGU variant of a similar extension I've written from scratch, the 5E Enchancer, available here:

While it's only tested and supported for FGU, much of it like TheoGeek pointed out will still work in FGC.

That aside I spent an hour on the following issues.

@jonesdaadi
I've tested the extension with a new map and grid, with NPCs on the CT. A variation of spells and other ranged attacks on and off the map, with tokens on and off the map.

I've been unable to recreate the error, everything works as it should on my end.

Looking at the screenshot I would surmise that the issue is that the entry for the Fire Ray spell on the farmer is non-standard.

As an example this is what a Ray of frost spell appears like correctly in the CT:

Ray of frost - cantrip [R] [ATK: +12] [DMG: 1d8 cold]

The range code looks up the database entry (expecting standardized entries) from the database, searching for weapons and spells, and uses regular expressions to get the range from there. The '[RNG:120]' section looks out of order here in your example.

As a workaround if it keeps happening you can go to the menu 'automatic range modifier' and turn it to off to be able to play without it coming up.

@xxXEliteXxx
I've been unable to replicate your error. I created a new campaign with only the two extensions enabled. I was able to open all images I tried, both from modules and manually added to the campaign. Panning, scrolling, resizing frame and zooming worked in all cases, both with mouse, key combinations and the interface.

jonesdaadi
February 22nd, 2020, 14:01
@Styrmir
Thank you for your continued work and support for the FG community. I love your extension and will use the new one for FGU when FGU is stable enough for running my game. I have not tried your FGU extension in FG, but may look into it.
To speak directly to your suggestions, I modified the CT entry to look like yours in the post, but it still creates the error. Something else seems to be happening. However, turning off the 'automatic range modifier worked like a charm.

I also noticed that spell attacks (from cantrips) dont act this way. The "Farmer" in my above example is a Cambion. The cambion's attack shows up in the CT the same if I load one from Descent into Avernus or the Monster Manual. Barbed Devil for example has the same type of attack. Both Fire Ray from the Cambion and Hurl Flame from the Barbed Devil show up in the CT like this: Hurl Flame [R][RNG:150][ATK:+5][DMG:3d6 fire]
Innate spell casting shows up like your example (Ray of frost - cantrip [R] [ATK: +12] [DMG: 1d8 cold]) I have no issues with spells. Its only Ranged Spell Attacks from the creature's Actions.

I dont expect you to spend any more time on this issue as your work around will suffice for during game problems. I just wanted to clarify what was happening after I realized what you were talking about and tested it. Thanks again for taking some time to help. This issue has been a big pain and the workaround saved it.

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2020, 15:16
The standard wording for a Ranged Spell Attack which is included in a creature's actions on the CT is <name>[R][RNG:x][ATK:x][DMG:ndn]

xxXEliteXxx
February 22nd, 2020, 16:05
@xxXEliteXxx
I've been unable to replicate your error. I created a new campaign with only the two extensions enabled. I was able to open all images I tried, both from modules and manually added to the campaign. Panning, scrolling, resizing frame and zooming worked in all cases, both with mouse, key combinations and the interface.
I just tried a brand new install on my laptop and I'm still getting the same errors. Makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong while installing the extensions.

StoryWeaver
February 22nd, 2020, 16:23
@jonesdaadi
With the additional information you gave me, I was able to replicate the error.
The source is that there is a third way of entering spells in the db for NPCs used there, one I'd not seen before. Where the spell is added under the actions rather than as a spell, with only one range rather than two as is the standard for other entries such as weapons.
The extensions use the spell descriptions field in the database to find the ranges.

I'm working on a fix that I'll be pushing possibly later today, to both this extension and the FGU one.

StoryWeaver
February 22nd, 2020, 16:26
@xxXEliteXxx
It does sound likely. There are detailed installation instructions on the first page.
Failing that, I'd suggest you try using the new FGU extension instead that I posted about before. There are no extra steps to using that, everything is part of the extension file, and that's the one that will be kept up to date going forward.

xxXEliteXxx
February 22nd, 2020, 16:35
@xxXEliteXxx
It does sound likely. There are detailed installation instructions on the first page.
Failing that, I'd suggest you try using the new FGU extension instead that I posted about before. There are no extra steps to using that, everything is part of the extension file, and that's the one that will be kept up to date going forward.

I followed every instruction exactly. Here's my setup on a brand new FG installation on an entirely different computer:

I will try the FGU extension later today when I get a chance.

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2020, 17:09
I followed every instruction exactly. Here's my setup on a brand new FG installation on an entirely different computer:

I will try the FGU extension later today when I get a chance.
You're running the test channel of FG, not the live channel. Switch to "live" and see if you get any errors.

xxXEliteXxx
February 22nd, 2020, 17:19
You're running the test channel of FG, not the live channel. Switch to "live" and see if you get any errors.

THANK YOU! That fixed it. I would have never figured that out. No idea when I switched to the test channel, must've been forever ago.

StoryWeaver
February 22nd, 2020, 18:55
New Release for Core RPG - Token Helper 5E

v1.1.9 (February, 22nd, 2020)
- Fixed bug for when spell entries were added under actions (rather than spell section) for NPCs' in the DB. This would cause the automatic range finding logic not to work.

Martin153
March 3rd, 2020, 20:52
This seems to 'error' now after the huge update? Has our time with this great ext come to an end with Unity on the horizon?

pablomaz
March 3rd, 2020, 22:11
This seems to 'error' now after the huge update? Has our time with this great ext come to an end with Unity on the horizon?

Yup. It no longer works...

Three of Swords
March 4th, 2020, 00:58

If it's an easy fix, I'm sure that Styrmir will fix it. While he is no longer actively supporting the extension, he has gone out of his way to fix it in the recent past.

eporrini
March 4th, 2020, 01:12
Please, please fix this, I beg of you (falls prone and grovels).

LordEntrails
March 4th, 2020, 02:34
Please, please fix this, I beg of you (falls prone and grovels).
I'm sure Stymir would appreciate extensive details of just what is broken. After all, the less work he has to do, the more likely he will be willing to commit to it :)

eporrini
March 4th, 2020, 23:11
I'm sure Stymir would appreciate extensive details of just what is broken. After all, the less work he has to do, the more likely he will be willing to commit to it :)

When I open an image I am no longer able to use the tools menu to change levels or interact with it, such as on a battle map. It throws these errors:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/updated_imagewindow.lua"]:131: attempt to call field 'onStateChanged' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/image.lua"]:67: attempt to call field 'updateDisplay' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/image.lua"]:67: attempt to call field 'updateDisplay' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/updated_imagewindow.lua"]:131: attempt to call field 'onStateChanged' (a nil value)

Three of Swords
March 4th, 2020, 23:26
Just a guess: The errors come from the new right-click menu and the ability to display the menu bar on an image w/o unlocking it. But layer support is busted. And a lot of error message just opening images. So it might not be an easy fix. :(

StoryWeaver
March 5th, 2020, 01:56
It looks as if Three of Swords might have this spot on.
The extension relies upon the layers supplied by the Enhanced Images extension thats written by Trenloe.

And that to seems to have broken with the update:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)/page36

(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)/page36)So needless to say odds are that's the reason for the errors.
While there is currently a hotfix out by Trenloe, there are still some known issues which he'll be addressing in due time.

If it's a relatively easy update to the code and Trenloe is willing to contribute the fixes, then I'll have a look at it once the issues have been fixed so I don't have to do it twice.
At which point I'll see if it's a viable thing to do without sinking hours into it.

That failing FGU is just around the corner now, and I've already written a functional new extension to take this ones place in FGU, which I first released in October.

Three of Swords
March 5th, 2020, 02:49
Syrmir: What does your own group use to play? Classic or Unity?

Just curious cuz I don't see Unity being out and mostly bug-free until late this year (prob December). So I'm hoping you still play using Classic, and then I know it'll get fixed. If you use Unity, I'm worried... :)

LordEntrails
March 5th, 2020, 03:40
Syrmir: What does your own group use to play? Classic or Unity?

Just curious cuz I don't see Unity being out and mostly bug-free until late this year (prob December). So I'm hoping you still play using Classic, and then I know it'll get fixed. If you use Unity, I'm worried... :)
Last year Doug said they were on track to release by the end of Q1. That would be the end of March. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52411-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-Pricing-Upgrade-Paths-and-Release-Date-Info

No status has been given since then, and they have encountered issues (and have rebuilt the network library).

damned
March 5th, 2020, 04:01
Last year Doug said they were on track to release by the end of Q1. That would be the end of March. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52411-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-Pricing-Upgrade-Paths-and-Release-Date-Info

No status has been given since then, and they have encountered issues (and have rebuilt the network library).

Doug is the optimist.
The rest of the team are trying to fulfill the optimism.
Cross your fingers but dont hold your breath it could be dangerous for your health.

StoryWeaver
March 5th, 2020, 11:22
@Three of Swords
We recently move over to using FGU and overall it's been going well. Even when still using FGC I had started using the new extension, switching off parts which weren't compatible with FGC in the menu options, to give it testing during play.
So it's been some months since I last used this extension myself.

Trenloe
March 5th, 2020, 15:54
The extension relies upon the layers supplied by the Enhanced Images extension thats written by Trenloe.

And that to seems to have broken with the update:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)/page36

(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)/page36)So needless to say odds are that's the reason for the errors.
While there is currently a hotfix out by Trenloe, there are still some known issues which he'll be addressing in due time.

If it's a relatively easy update to the code and Trenloe is willing to contribute the fixes, then I'll have a look at it once the issues have been fixed so I don't have to do it twice.
At which point I'll see if it's a viable thing to do without sinking hours into it.
Yep, the errors in post #824 look like they are caused by the layers code.

v2.1.5 of the extension released a few minutes ago fixes these errors and the other outstanding known issues. Updated files: campaign\updated_record_image.xml and campaign\scripts\updated_imagewindow.lua. @Styrmir - probably the easiest check is to compare those files with previous versions - if you need copies of the previous files let me know.

Three of Swords
March 6th, 2020, 01:16

Have you seen all the issues in the Unity forum? At least 3-4 months to squash them. Another 1-2 for future issues. A month for an optimization pass. Maybe a month for a future feature rewrite (like the network one).

Those are my estimates, and I often find my estimates too optimistic. I'd love to be proven wrong, though!

I really like Smiteworks. Great guys. But, prob cuz of such a small team, they are slow developers.

Three of Swords
March 6th, 2020, 01:19
@Three of Swords
We recently move over to using FGU and overall it's been going well. Even when still using FGC I had started using the new extension, switching off parts which weren't compatible with FGC in the menu options, to give it testing during play.
So it's been some months since I last used this extension myself.

This makes me very sad. Now I have to decide how to handle the probable loss of this extension. Thanks for the info!

TheoGeek
March 6th, 2020, 03:37
This makes me very sad. Now I have to decide how to handle the probable loss of this extension. Thanks for the info!

Actually, I LOVED the FGC version of 5e Combat Enhancer, but switched to using the FGU 5e Enhancer in FGC, and it's working well. Not everything is functional yet, but the things I use work well. I'd suggest using 5e Enhancer in FGC and see what is missing and if you can live with that. :)

Azraghul
March 6th, 2020, 07:37
FG without this extension is like food without salt!

I can hardly believe the features introduced by this extension do not exist in the base FG application and I am very upset and disappointed that the latest FG update broke this extension.

With FGU still a while away, by the looks of it, I dread the fact that I will need to readjust to a sub par vtt experience.

Martin153
March 6th, 2020, 11:32
Is there a way I can rollback the update so I can use this extension? I and my players miss it so much.....if FGU is a completely separate program, why oh why have the developers chosen to mess up FG to the point that brilliant enhancement extensions no longer function? I mean what is the point? Perhaps darker forces are at work and, we are being led forcibly to FGU so we can use the already working FG extensions?

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2020, 12:03
Is there a way I can rollback the update so I can use this extension? I and my players miss it so much.....if FGU is a completely separate program, why oh why have the developers chosen to mess up FG to the point that brilliant enhancement extensions no longer function? I mean what is the point? Perhaps darker forces are at work and, we are being led forcibly to FGU so we can use the already working FG extensions?

Extensions break because the code for FG changes when updates are made. It isn't up to the developers to work the code around extensions but rather the extension author to update their code in line with the main program. The developers don't deliberately code things so extensions break; they code things to enhance the basic functionality of the program.

Whether this or any other extension is brilliant or not is a matter of personal preference.

Martin153
March 6th, 2020, 12:10
So can I roll back to the previous version, or am I screwed? I would never have hit Update, had I known

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2020, 12:37
So can I roll back to the previous version, or am I screwed? I would never have hit Update, had I known

No you can't roll back to the previous version.

And if you use extensions then you should expect them to break when the code gets updated. Extension authors know this as well and do update their extensions when this happens. The error in this case is caused by some underlying code from another extension and that has already been fixed as you can see from Trenloe's post above. I have no doubt Styrmir will update this extension in due course.

Trenloe
March 6th, 2020, 13:49
I know this isn’t what anyone wants to hear... But, if you use anything coded by a community member, then you can’t expect that person to a) be around forever or b) want to keep updating/maintaining their code forever. You also can’t expect Fantasy Grounds base code to stand still because it may break community extensions - people want new functionality (one of the reasons you’re probably using extensions) and so FG will always update the base code to provide new functionality or fix issues.

Most community developers will provide fixes to their extensions at some point. But some may not wish to spend many hours working on something they no longer use or have moved onto something else. This is entirely within their rights to do. It’s great that they spent a lot of their time sharing their code with the community, but no one should expect that to last forever.

Again, I know this isn’t what people want to hear, but if your game is so reliant on community content then I recommend you don’t just press “update” when a new FG update is available. Wait for a bit. See if there are any issues with the community content you so much rely on. If you’re not prepared to wait, make sure you have a *full* backup of your FG App Data Directory and the Fantasy Grounds installation directory before you update, so you can rollback if needs be.

Dan5033
March 6th, 2020, 18:45
Hey! Loved this extension. But, after update 3.3.10 it doesnt bugs out when trying to open an image. Think you can make a small update?

JLBatman
March 6th, 2020, 18:54
That's great advice, Trenloe. I thankfully happened to see that it was broken with the update due to subscribing to this list, but otherwise, I would have found out at the last minute that it didn't work tonight, and that would have been frustrating... So from now on, I think I will keep a copy of the previous version's folders handy so I can avoid the things that makes FG great for us.

Soon, I suppose, we will be switching to FGU and use this utility there. It won't have a "ping" button, however, so it's going to take a lot of getting used to not being able to do that quickly.

eporrini
March 6th, 2020, 22:42
I didn't realize there was a kickstarter for FGU and only saw it after it was closed. Any way to get unity now in beta?

Moon Wizard
March 6th, 2020, 22:43
No, FGU licenses are currently only available for people who backed the KS. We're hard at work trying to get it ready for release.

Regards,
JPG

Three of Swords
March 7th, 2020, 00:26
Again, I know this isn’t what people want to hear, but if your game is so reliant on community content then I recommend you don’t just press “update” when a new FG update is available. Wait for a bit. See if there are any issues with the community content you so much rely on. If you’re not prepared to wait, make sure you have a *full* backup of your FG App Data Directory and the Fantasy Grounds installation directory before you update, so you can rollback if needs be.

Yeah. I shoulda known better than to hit Update. Esp since it was game-day. I usually wait. But did it this time w/o thinking. :/

LordEntrails
March 7th, 2020, 01:08
Hey! Loved this extension. But, after update 3.3.10 it doesnt bugs out when trying to open an image. Think you can make a small update?
See post 1 of this thread, specifically this part;

Status

No longer officially supported or under development.

Also see the previous page of posts regarding the issues you with this extension not working in 3.3.10 and things to keep in mind.

Martin153
March 8th, 2020, 09:27
I am not technical, but how hard would it be for someone to update the code, if the author gave permission? Run my first game without it out last night...Damn I miss it so much...

StoryWeaver
March 8th, 2020, 16:12
Hello everyone, while I don't officially support this extension anymore as I've moved onto FGU. At the same time i don't like it to break down entirely until people have had the chance to move over to FGU.

Thus while life is keeping my busy, I'm hoping I'll be able to carve out a free timeslot this coming week to have a look at the code base, to see if things can be updated to work with the new version of FGC.

Trenloe has graciously offered the use of his updated code from the Enhanced Images extension to help with that.

So fingers crossed it'll be viable without to much rewrite. I'll keep you posted.

Three of Swords
March 8th, 2020, 16:22
Hello everyone, while I don't officially support this extension anymore as I've moved onto FGU. At the same time i don't like it to break down entirely until people have had the chance to move over to FGU.

Thus while life is keeping my busy, I'm hoping I'll be able to carve out a free timeslot this coming week to have a look at the code base, to see if things can be updated to work with the new version of FGC.

Trenloe has graciously offered the use of his updated code from the Enhanced Images extension to help with that.

So fingers crossed it'll be viable without to much rewrite. I'll keep you posted.

Hopefully it's easier than anticipated! <crosses fingers, toes, ears>

arkanis
March 9th, 2020, 09:27

Thank you for all your efforts, your extension is essential to my games. I cannot thank you enough

Egheal
March 9th, 2020, 19:38
thanks a lot Styrmir.

StoryWeaver
March 12th, 2020, 17:37
New version of 5E Combat Enhancer Classic released!

v1.6.0 (March 12th, 2020)
* Extension made compatible with FGC v3.3.10.
* Added load order.

4wire
March 12th, 2020, 17:41
Looking forward to see what you did, I was trying to fix it as well but I have about 3 hours of experience in lua and FG scripting :)

Thanks!

Edit: I was pretty much at that point, except maybe the new "onToolbarChanged". Never was able to find out what window.updateDisplay did and why it was there in the first place. It is deprecated?

4wire
March 12th, 2020, 18:12
Looks good! console is clean as a whistle.

One question: I think the toolbar is better without the new onToolbarChanged?

1 is with
2 is without

Just reiterating that I know very little.

Three of Swords
March 13th, 2020, 00:00

* Added load order.

Thank you so much!

Now to figure how to keep FG from updating (or save a version of FG 'off to the side' in case I accidentally hit Update again). I can't imagine anything that Smiteworks could do that I'd rather have than this extension.

Edit: Added word "keep".

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2020, 00:36
Thank you so much!

Now to figure how to keep FG from updating (or save a version of FG 'off to the side' in case I accidentally hit Update again). I can't imagine anything that Smiteworks could do that I'd rather have than this extension.

Edit: Added word "keep".
Make a copy of your FG installation (not data) folder.

nandogomes
March 13th, 2020, 00:51
Thank you so much!

4wire
March 13th, 2020, 00:56

Ideally, put both under version control. A ruleset change could break somethign as well.

amcog
March 13th, 2020, 06:39
Thank you Stymir for your support of the enhancer. It's made the game so much easier and more enjoyable to run!

I do have a question; is it possible to stop the combat tracker from bouncing to the targeted creature when you target them on the map? It's a bit of a hassle to scroll back up every time I have to target something that has massive differences in initiatives. Otherwise, a wonderful and essential extension!

damned
March 13th, 2020, 07:01
You need the rulesets backed up too if you are going to try a version rollback.

Martin153
March 13th, 2020, 08:44
Thank you so much....your extension adds so much...

flynnkd
March 13th, 2020, 09:04
Thank you Stymir for your support of the enhancer. It's made the game so much easier and more enjoyable to run!

I do have a question; is it possible to stop the combat tracker from bouncing to the targeted creature when you target them on the map? It's a bit of a hassle to scroll back up every time I have to target something that has massive differences in initiatives. Otherwise, a wonderful and essential extension!

Agree with this, sometimes have 30+ creatures in CT (dont ask why) and bouncing around can be tedious. Or an option to bounce back to active token?

I like this ext so much I actually sent you coffee money!

Three of Swords
March 13th, 2020, 14:51

Thanks!

pablomaz
March 13th, 2020, 16:08

* Added load order.

Styrmir, you are our MVP! Thanks once again, man! :- )

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2020, 16:56
Thanks!
As mentioned by others, I was not correct. You do need to backup the data folder as well since that is where the rulesets are stored and you will need those too.

4wire
March 13th, 2020, 18:11
Agree with this, sometimes have 30+ creatures in CT (dont ask why) and bouncing around can be tedious. Or an option to bounce back to active token?

I like this ext so much I actually sent you coffee money!

Can you elaborate on this use case? I understand you ctrl+click the PCs as a DM? Is the turn tracker on an NPC? ... can't you just click on the highlighted NPC after you have targeted all you wanted?

amcog
March 14th, 2020, 00:48
Can you elaborate on this use case? I understand you ctrl+click the PCs as a DM? Is the turn tracker on an NPC? ... can't you just click on the highlighted NPC after you have targeted all you wanted?

I didn't think of that! That does resolve the problem, though you have to remember to untarget the NPC itself before applying any effects or actions.

In terms of QoL though it would be nice if we didn't need to have to use this work around and the tracker stayed on the selected NPC instead of jumping to the target, but if that is not possible due to how the extension works then that is fine. Very grateful for the features provided and hoping it becomes a base feature for FG one day :)

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2020, 01:21
In terms of QoL though it would be nice if we didn't need to have to use this work around and the tracker stayed on the selected NPC instead of jumping to the target, but if that is not possible due to how the extension works then that is fine. Very grateful for the features provided and hoping it becomes a base feature for FG one day :)
Wasn't this behavior one of the QoL improvements requested in the original development of this extension?

amcog
March 14th, 2020, 01:23
Could it be implemented as an option for those who want it? Though seeing as Styrmir has said has finished support for the extension, it sounds like it would be a pipe dream at this point.

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2020, 01:31
Could it be implemented as an option for those who want it? Though seeing as Styrmir has said has finished support for the extension, it sounds like it would be a pipe dream at this point.
I'm sure Stymir would be glad to let another developer fork it and make a version that either disables it or makes it an option.

4wire
March 14th, 2020, 05:28
I didn't think of that! That does resolve the problem, though you have to remember to untarget the NPC itself before applying any effects or actions.

Not sure I follow. E.g. NPC attacking 3 PCs. Turn marker on NPC. CTRL+Click PC1, CTRL+Click PC2, CTRL+Click PC3. Click NPC. Your NPC should still be in the middle of the screen and easy to just click... or am I missing something? No need to untarget anything, just normal click on NPC.

4wire
March 14th, 2020, 06:10

It is a simple change, if you feel courageous. Unzip the ext and change the file scripts/snap_token.lua, line 68, like below. As long as you are ctrl+clicking, the combat tracker is not going to move.

if wTokenCTEntry ~= nil then
- doHighlightEntry(wTokenCTEntry,true);
if wLastSnapToken ~= nil then
-- make sure our reference is still good
noerr, errmsg = pcall(wLastSnapToken.getDatabaseNode,nil);

with
if wTokenCTEntry ~= nil then
+ if not Input.isControlPressed() then
+ doHighlightEntry(wTokenCTEntry,true);
+ end
if wLastSnapToken ~= nil then
-- make sure our reference is still good
noerr, errmsg = pcall(wLastSnapToken.getDatabaseNode,nil);

amcog
March 14th, 2020, 11:21
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll give it a try!

Booker Grimm
March 16th, 2020, 14:05
Whenever I create just a new map in my current campaign I get a black background.

I'm using the latest version and I only have this extension and token helper active.

Any help appreciated.

damned
March 16th, 2020, 14:27
Whenever I create just a new map in my current campaign I get a black background.

I'm using the latest version and I only have this extension and token helper active.

Any help appreciated.

When you create a new map without this extension you just get a beige background.
Im guessing the mask image, which is also the new image background, has been replaced with a black image.

Booker Grimm
March 16th, 2020, 16:04
It's not a massive problem. I can just use a generic blank map for the mass battle I have planned.

Trenloe
March 16th, 2020, 16:12
It's not a massive problem. I can just use a generic blank map for the mass battle I have planned.
You're better doing that anyway - otherwise the full layer functionality doesn't work that well.

Martin153
March 17th, 2020, 19:24
Does anyone know if today's update will mess this up again?

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 19:59

Today's update was just updates to modules. The client wasn't changed.

Salva
March 18th, 2020, 10:22

Unfortunately it did :(

Salva
March 18th, 2020, 10:40
The maps get broke with the extension active :(

Trenloe
March 18th, 2020, 11:02
The maps get broke with the extension active :(
Broke in what way? Please provide details of what's wrong so that people are aware and maybe the community can find a fix/work around. Thanks.

Trenloe
March 18th, 2020, 11:05
As Zacchaeus mentions, there was no update to the base app or 5E code.

Details of what was updated is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54397-Release-Updates-for-March-17th-2020

If people are having map issues, then I suggest you ensure you're on the most recent version of this extension (check for the version number in the chat window, don't just assume you're on the most recent) as this did have some fixes for image issues introduced with the v3.3.10 core update.

4wire
March 18th, 2020, 11:26
Unfortunately it did :(

Can you share errors?

eporrini
March 18th, 2020, 18:29
Can anyone confirm the latest release of combat enhancer 5e is still working after the update? I don't want to update if it's going to break something again. I agree with others that on the surface, the update from yesterday should not impact the extension based on the release notes.

Trenloe
March 18th, 2020, 18:47
Can anyone confirm the latest release of combat enhancer 5e is still working after the update? I don't want to update if it's going to break something again. I agree with others that on the surface, the update from yesterday should not impact the extension based on the release notes.
Take a backup of the CoreRPG.pak and 5E.pak rulesets. These are what could break the extension. You can use the backups if you need to roll back. But, as has been mentioned, these rulesets aren't updated with yesterdays update.

I know you're asking someone else to try to see if it's broken - but what happens if they don't fully test, or they're not on the right version, or something else? You're relying on someone on the Internet to test for you - that's not reliable! ;)

Salva
March 18th, 2020, 18:56
I have tried to replicate the error we had yesterday but could not.
Yesterday when the host launched the combat map we the players could not be able to resize without being recentered automatically, so we couldnt see the corners of the map (was a big map). The other thing we saw was an very huge like grid on the players view and also could not saw our characters despite they were placed by the DM on the map.
My first though was that this mod was causing the issue because of the recent update so i ask the dm/host to disable it and retry and it worked.
Maybe was another thing (the DM/host is neew at Dming with FG).
Sorry for the false positive.
And thanks for the worries.

todor10728
March 21st, 2020, 15:37
When starting a campaign (FGU):
[3/21/2020 4:33:44 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [xxxxxxxx]
[3/21/2020 4:33:48 PM] Game server started. [XXX.XXX.XX.XXX:XXXXX]
[3/21/2020 4:33:48 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[3/21/2020 4:33:48 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[3/21/2020 4:33:59 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/radial/icon_broadcast.png) for icon (spellshare). [5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_6_0] [extension.xml]
[3/21/2020 4:34:00 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (toolbar_hud). [5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_6_0] [graphics/graphics_layers.xml]
Everything starts up, but when trying to launch a map FGU stops responding.

notrealdan
March 21st, 2020, 15:40
When starting a campaign (FGU):
[3/21/2020 4:33:44 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [xxxxxxxx]
[3/21/2020 4:33:48 PM] Game server started. [XXX.XXX.XX.XXX:XXXXX]
[3/21/2020 4:33:48 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[3/21/2020 4:33:48 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[3/21/2020 4:33:59 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/radial/icon_broadcast.png) for icon (spellshare). [5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_6_0] [extension.xml]
[3/21/2020 4:34:00 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (toolbar_hud). [5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_6_0] [graphics/graphics_layers.xml]
Everything starts up, but when trying to launch a map FGU stops responding.

I don't think this extension works on FGU. You'll probably want to try this other one, by the same author:

todor10728
March 21st, 2020, 15:44
Thank you verry much, it works perfectly.

Smoltok
March 23rd, 2020, 10:49
Hi all,

I have the following issue :

Runtime Notice: s'blood proto is : tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood.png scale is 1.5'
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'manager_effect_adnd.lua' | s'isValidCheckEffect' | s'bResult' | bTRUE
Runtime Notice: s'manager_effect_adnd.lua' | s'isValidCheckEffect' | s'bResult' | bTRUE
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image)
Runtime Notice: s'UPDATING attributes for replaced token'
Runtime Notice: s'UPDATING attributes for replaced token'
Runtime Notice: s'ATTEMPTING To Grab Image Window of id: 4'
Runtime Notice: s'blood proto is : tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_7.png scale is 1.5'
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

Any idea ?

Smoltok
March 23rd, 2020, 11:50
Ok the spash token HAS to be install in the token/host/Combat Enhancer directory and not inthe token/Combat Enhancer directory

4wire
March 23rd, 2020, 14:56

Is caused by an older version of Advanced effects. Update your extension.

Shireling
March 24th, 2020, 03:31
I love this extension and I don't think I will play another game without it on. It is absolutely amazing!

On a side note, I don't know if I have all the Options configurations set correctly to get all the things I want out of the extension...

1.) I can't get the distance/targeting to reflect the height as well even though I have activated or selected both extensions during the loadout screen

Example: This spider is on the ceiling 30 feet above the floor and the rogue with a shortbow is 35 feet away from the square the monster is in but is actually 46 feet away... How come it doesn't show that?

2.) I want to be able to add effects to the monsters that they can see but I don't also want the PCs to see everything. If the monster was a mummy, it will have some immunities and resistances. I don't want the players to see it. As the DM I see everything... Will the players only see the affects that they as a party applied? Does the game check the applied status before making the icons visible for players vs DM users?

Example: If the players charmed the mummy, would they see the charmed icon but none of the other ones? Similar to the view we got on page 1 of this thread?

I need help!

Shireling
March 24th, 2020, 06:09
1.) I can't get the distance/targeting to reflect the height as well even though I have activated or selected both extensions during the loadout screen

Example: This spider is on the ceiling 30 feet above the floor and the rogue with a shortbow is 35 feet away from the square the monster is in but is actually 46 feet away... How come it doesn't show that?

So I went through a lot of the pages of replies on this thread and I found that targets of the same size show difference based on altitude but when they aren't the same size it won't...? Is that correct?

Example: I did a dry-run test and the giant spider is Large and the other 3 tokens are Medium sized...

Shireling
March 24th, 2020, 06:26
So I went through a lot of the pages of replies on this thread and I found that targets of the same size show difference based on altitude but when they aren't the same size it won't...? Is that correct?

Example: I did a dry-run test and the giant spider is Large and the other 3 tokens are Medium sized...

So I triple-checked my work and it appears that the distance question is a false alarm... The targeting distance markers are off but the actual attack roll calculations are correct! For the image posted previously as "Distance2.png", these are the distance calculated and the outcomes for the various attacks done by the PC against the other three NPCs and PCs at the various distances.

This still leaves my first question of whether or not players see all the effect icons or only the ones added by themselves?

Arcanun
March 25th, 2020, 01:18
I have 2 questions about the module... first... how do i set up the height system?
Second... everytime someone makes a saving roll... they have a giant green or red mark if they succeded or failed the test... and that wont go away... is there a way to totally disable this?

flynnkd
March 25th, 2020, 01:31
Those icons indicate success or failure at the save throw and I find them very useful. You can remove them as GM by pressing the polygon dice icon on the toolbar of the map (last icon I think).

Arcanun
March 25th, 2020, 01:32
Those icons indicate success or failure at the save throw and I find them very useful. You can remove them as GM by pressing the polygon dice icon on the toolbar of the map (last icon I think).

They ruin the tokens :P

Can you disable this feature?

maugrim8866
March 25th, 2020, 02:00
Wait until a player cast fireball into a crowd and you want to know which targets made the Save and which didnt. I love this feature

Arcanun
March 25th, 2020, 02:11
it could be good if it didn't occupy the entire token .-.

LordEntrails
March 25th, 2020, 03:08
it could be good if it didn't occupy the entire token .-.
Such things usually are because of the map/image scale. Widgets are sized to fit on tokens that are scaled to maps that have a 50-100 pixels per 5 ft square scale. What pixel size is your FG grid set to?

Shireling
March 25th, 2020, 03:29
So when you use this extension and the tokens come into combat with effects already on them... a monster or even a PC/NPC has resistance to damage, vulnerable to other kinds of damage, immunity to something else... and then combat ensues and spells are slung and NEW effects are added by the combatants (I.e. charmed, restrained, blinded, etc.), WHAT DO THE PLAYERS ACTUALLY SEE WHEN THEY HOVER OVER THE TOKENS?

(a) they can see and read everything
(b) they can only see what they added
(c) they can only see effects that were added during combat (aka preset effects or effects added to SELF cannot be read by other users)
(d) move on with your life and just turn the setting off...

Example: Mummy token has effects on it that can be easily read by me but I want to know if they can be read by my players

LordEntrails
March 25th, 2020, 03:59
WHAT DO THE PLAYERS ACTUALLY SEE WHEN THEY HOVER OVER THE TOKENS?
Start a second instanf of FG. Select Join Campaign. Enter a unique username and use the address of localhost

You now have a 'player' view connected to your table and you can control both and see what the player would see.

flynnkd
March 25th, 2020, 04:12
I dont believe you can, I am not sure why you would want to. When it comes to group attacks my players find it essential, it tells them who they targetted and who they didn't have targetted. Its only a single click to remove.

Shireling
March 25th, 2020, 06:20
Start a second instanf of FG. Select Join Campaign. Enter a unique username and use the address of localhost

You now have a 'player' view connected to your table and you can control both and see what the player would see.

I had the same problem as someone else where I couldn't figure out how to get past the Steam launcher and then I told myself I was an idiot and went back into the folders where all my games are installed and opened the app the second time and did what you said. Worked great and the effects worked great! There is a difference between what the DM sees and what the players see which makes it fantastic to use! Thank you!

LordEntrails
March 25th, 2020, 16:16
You can also start a second instance in Windows by right clicking on the program icon in the task bar and selecting Fantasy Grounds. easier :)

Salva
March 26th, 2020, 07:00
Hi, anyone else having this issue?:
https://youtu.be/_Z9hoXvfd9w
When using range attacks of npcs while having the "automatic ranged modifiers" on, got an error:
https://www.screencast.com/t/rDwneBj1J
thanks

Update:
Thanks @Zaccheus for illuminate the path of this lost templar with your mighty light.

skkhoo
March 29th, 2020, 16:44
Hi, my gaming group has been playing together in person at the table for some 20 years now but this Covid-19 thing has forced us to go to VTT and we've only just discovered FGC! Great product! We really love it!

We loaded up Stymir's 5e Combat Enhancer but have experienced a problem with it. We've done a fair bit of troubleshooting after going through the posts on this thread but can't seem to resolve the issue. When a PC or NPC dies, its token balloons from the standard fit-to-grid to an oversized scale:

Could anyone give us some advice as to how to go about fixing this issue, please? Thank you in advance!

Salva
March 29th, 2020, 17:57
Hi, my gaming group has been playing together in person at the table for some 20 years now but this Covid-19 thing has forced us to go to VTT and we've only just discovered FGC! Great product! We really love it!

We loaded up Stymir's 5e Combat Enhancer but have experienced a problem with it. We've done a fair bit of troubleshooting after going through the posts on this thread but can't seem to resolve the issue. When a PC or NPC dies, its token balloons from the standard fit-to-grid to an oversized scale:

Could anyone give us some advice as to how to go about fixing this issue, please? Thank you in advance!

Hi skkhoo, i assume you have already:
1.Check you have the last version of the extension
2.Tried to disable all other extensions to discard a possible extension conflict.
3.Draw a grid on the map (it looks for me you havent so check it).

skkhoo
March 29th, 2020, 18:21
Hi skkhoo, i assume you have already:
1.Check you have the last version of the extension
2.Tried to disable all other extensions to discard a possible extension conflict.
3.Draw a grid on the map (it looks for me you havent so check it).

Hi, Salva!

Thanks for your prompt reply! Yes, we have done all three - we've uploaded the latest versions of the extensions in question, we have checked and double-checked that we followed the installation instructions carefully; we have tried disabling other extensions (we only have one other extension) other than the base extensions that come with the core program but the problem persists; and, yes, we did place a grid on the map - on loading the tokens to the map, everything snapped perfectly to gridlines and combat all went as per normal but on the death of a character or NPC, that deceased token blows up in scale. When we "unlock the scale" of the token, it gets even bigger.

We're going through the various permutations and one of my players is an experienced programmer, and we've not been able to identify a fix, unfortunately.

Salva
March 29th, 2020, 19:10
Join this server maybe i can help you there.
https://discord.gg/9b8axS

flynnkd
March 30th, 2020, 02:18

This is just something that happens that I put up with. If I recall the pc token is moved to another layer and the death/heartbeat token replaces it. You can bring them back alive to get rid of it manually (add hps), and work around it. Or you can find the layer the token has been moved to and work with it there, its probably the mask layer. Or you just live with it.

The layers in the CEnh take a little getting use to. I suggest you read up about and it experiment with it and the layer buttons. I haven't found a lot of info on them and essentially try to avoid everyhting except the top/player layer and the mask layer. Real pain to be in the mask layer and dump an encounter onto the map, all the tokesn appear on the mask layer and are of no use, so you have to wipe them all and restart.

Alanrockid
April 2nd, 2020, 23:01
Is it normal for this extension constantly freeze FG? I really want to use it, but it freezes so constantly that the players voted to not use it, for it was wasting too much game time. Is this normal behavior? Is there something i'm doing wrong or could do to improve performance?
PS: My hardware is up to date and there's plenty of memory available (32gb) so i do not believe this is some poor hardware issue.

flynnkd
April 3rd, 2020, 00:08
Is it normal for this extension constantly freeze FG? I really want to use it, but it freezes so constantly that the players voted to not use it, for it was wasting too much game time. Is this normal behavior? Is there something i'm doing wrong or could do to improve performance?
PS: My hardware is up to date and there's plenty of memory available (32gb) so i do not believe this is some poor hardware issue.

FG is a 32 bit app, it cant access that memory. Check you dont have too many pictures/tokens/maps , this can be a bottleneck. Once used unshare anything. I dont have this issue.

LordEntrails
April 3rd, 2020, 03:15
Its not just about too many pictures shared. Since this extension adds layers to images, it effectively triples (I think) how much RAM they use. And, as mentioned, it's a 32 bit app, you only get somewhere around 3GB before FG will start having problems (and it doesn't matter how much RAM your computer physically has).

xsheikanx
April 3rd, 2020, 19:22
hi, im ussing this extension too, and is awesome.

But im finding troubles and i do not know how to do it.
Is there any way to accept the movement of a token?? I cant find it.

Instead of the "accept moving" option when i ricgth click on the token, now, im having the effects option....

Alanrockid
April 4th, 2020, 01:35
hi, im ussing this extension too, and is awesome.

But im finding troubles and i do not know how to do it.
Is there any way to accept the movement of a token?? I cant find it.

Instead of the "accept moving" option when i ricgth click on the token, now, im having the effects option....

Click with the middle mouse button on the token to accept the movement.

flynnkd
April 4th, 2020, 05:19
How do you get rid of blood. There used to be a revealed button, but I cant find it anymore.

Bonkon
April 4th, 2020, 05:24
How do you get rid of blood. There used to be a revealed button, but I cant find it anymore.

Good Day Flynnkd :)
The blood splats are on the bottom level and you can right click and remove token (If I am remembering correctly) :)

ironsplitter
April 8th, 2020, 13:59
Hi, I tried this extension but couldn't figure out how to target? Does CTRL-CLICK not target anymore?

wrandalljr4
April 8th, 2020, 17:10
Do we have a updated Combat Enhancer?

flynnkd
April 9th, 2020, 01:25
Hi, I tried this extension but couldn't figure out how to target? Does CTRL-CLICK not target anymore?

Works most of the time, although I do have players who find it is not consistant. You can also control click on the CT entry to try to get around it.

avitale34
April 13th, 2020, 21:30
Does this work in FGU?

4wire
April 13th, 2020, 21:40
Does this work in FGU?

See second paragraph on first comment of thread.

Cheers!

The High Druid
April 14th, 2020, 13:37

Works most of the time, although I do have players who find it is not consistant. You can also control click on the CT entry to try to get around it.

We've found the usual culprit for this problem is tokens (players or monsters) not being placed on the correct (top) layer by the DM.

Three of Swords
April 14th, 2020, 21:49
We've found the usual culprit for this problem is tokens (players or monsters) not being placed on the correct (top) layer by the DM.

Yeah. This takes some getting used to. I've placed things on the wrong layer multiple times. But once you're comfortable with the system, it's easy to use (and diagnose when you still accidentally place something on the wrong layer.)

Merecraft
April 15th, 2020, 15:40
Hi!

I know this extension is no longer being updated, but I was hoping someone could help me. I'm running into problems when using it with the Better Sneak Attack extension here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55818-5E-Better-Sneak-Attack&p=496192&viewfull=1#post496192).

I posted in that thread the following:

Hi

I'm still having issues with this excellent extension. When a character with the Sneak Attack effect on hits, the following error arises:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_tbe.lua"]:33: attempt to call field 'deactivateEffect' (a nil value)

I unloaded all my other extensions and reinstalled them one at a time. It happens when the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic (here) is installed. It runs fine with the other extensions. I have double checked I have the latest versions of all the extensions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The extension owner kindly responded thus:

That would be an issue with the fact that the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic is overwriting the entire Effect Manager and didn't bother to include new functionality that was added to CoreRPG. I'd post it in the thread there and let that extension owner know.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

SailorLovins
April 17th, 2020, 04:50
Hello everyone, I am trying to add Hexes to my overland map and it keeps giving me a script error stating the Grid Size is set to 0.

Three of Swords
April 17th, 2020, 22:50
Hello everyone, I am trying to add Hexes to my overland map and it keeps giving me a script error stating the Grid Size is set to 0.

I've had this several times. And I don't know what causes it, or what fixes it. But here are some things I tried:

Restart FG.
Change the square grid size, then convert to hexes.
Delete the image, re-copy it into the appropriate folder and try.

Good luck. Very perplexing issue. But I couldn't recreate it, so I never reported it.

Egheal
April 18th, 2020, 10:45
This extension does not work with hex grid, only square grid.

ralph2190
April 19th, 2020, 09:24
I really enjoy the features such as adding elevation to a token but I am really not a fan of the layering system for images. Is there a way I can only disable the layer functionality of this mod?

pablomaz
April 19th, 2020, 23:59
I really enjoy the features such as adding elevation to a token but I am really not a fan of the layering system for images. Is there a way I can only disable the layer functionality of this mod?

Nope.

Jankin
April 23rd, 2020, 10:34
This extension does not work with hex grid, only square grid.

There any update about this? Hex grid is a must for some campaigns e.g. ToA

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2020, 14:12
Hex grid is a must for some campaigns e.g. ToA
But, is it really a "must" for campaigns like ToA? For ToA there is a hex crawl map - where the hex grid is already on the base map. You don't *need* the FG grid on the map as well - there's little advantage in having the FG hex overlay on an overland map like this. Distance measurement would be 5' per hex. The only advantage might be tokens snapping to within a hex, but that's not really necessary for overland exploration - use a single token to give a rough approximation to where the party is.

Karnas
April 24th, 2020, 09:02
A question - cantrips seem to give me an error on attack, since it attempts to calculate max range, which isn't shown in the spell action, can it be done or one has to write cantrip as a weapon attack?

I just don't understand why Produce Flame gives the error for range, while Firebolt does not.

dotsoncs
April 25th, 2020, 23:06
Need help troubleshooting with the extension - I followed the directions from the GitHub link and copied the files to the following directory:

5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_6_0.ext => %APPDATA%\Fantasy Grounds\extensions
Core RPG - Token Helper.ext => %APPDATA%\Fantasy Grounds\extensions
Combat Enhancer (graphics folder) => %APPDATA%\Fantasy Grounds\tokens\host

When I launch Fantasy Grounds and create a new 5E campaign, neither of the modules (5E combat enhancer, Core RPG - Token Helper) are available. I can copy other extensions into the extensions folder (ex. Critically Awesome Essentials.ext) and they work properly. I noticed when downloading from the Git repository that the .ext files above are in plain text where as all of the others are not.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

{EDIT}

Problem resolved - Issue related to me trying to download the .ext file from the landing page of the GitHub project. It would save the file as the correct name but contents contained meta data. Clicking into the file name and then downloading provided the full .ext file. Added both to the extensions directory and it's now working.

JayTee
May 2nd, 2020, 12:47
Hi All,

Need some trouble shooting help. I have moved the files to the correct places and FG shows that I have combat enhancer there but it has a red 'X' next to it so I can't enable. Am I missing something? is there a base extension I am missing?

Three of Swords
May 2nd, 2020, 14:12
Have you installed Core RPG - Token Helper 5E version 1.1.9?

You have to enable that in the Extensions list as well.

JayTee
May 3rd, 2020, 02:39
I had not!
I must have missed that bit on the original post
All seems to be working now. Thanks for the fast reply :)

Three of Swords
May 3rd, 2020, 05:36
Glad it works for you! Happy gaming.

FredHurin
May 11th, 2020, 22:09
Hi! im new on 5e Enhancer Classic - I can't make the blood splatter works, i already try put the paste on tokens/host anda doesn't work. already try make a new campaign, and the problem persist. Please, someone know what i have to do??

Salva
May 11th, 2020, 22:37
Hi, have look at the options menu?

Nuke Master 0
May 12th, 2020, 05:02
So, I noticed that when I tried to rotate my tokens with my middle button on the mouse, they would not move, then I found out I had to use my keyboard button CTRL to do so.

Now, my new question is how do you resize tokens? I do need it for locations on my maps.

Yes, this is for classic fantasy grounds, 5e.

Salva
May 12th, 2020, 05:38
Try with shift or Alt as you did with ctrl...

Nuke Master 0
May 12th, 2020, 17:32
Ah, thank you Salva!

FredHurin
May 12th, 2020, 23:14
HI, yes! its all on the on options.

pmartyc
May 21st, 2020, 01:19
Hi All.

I am wondering if anyone could help me out. From the most recent update, my combat enhancer has been broken. More specifically, I am no longer able to clear Save results. I played last night, and we had to look at Red X and Green checks all night. No matter what I did, I was not able to clear them.

Can anyone help with this? Also, I noticed that the icons for targeting is gone also.

Thank you in advance, for the support.

Shireling
May 21st, 2020, 09:05
Hi All.

I am wondering if anyone could help me out. From the most recent update, my combat enhancer has been broken. More specifically, I am no longer able to clear Save results. I played last night, and we had to look at Red X and Green checks all night. No matter what I did, I was not able to clear them.

Can anyone help with this? Also, I noticed that the icons for targeting is gone also.

On the map, there is an icon in the top right corner that looks like three squares with a down arrow below it and it expands your options for the map view and switches to three boxes with a up arrow once you click on it. There should be options to clear the saves by clicking on the d20 icon after the green and red icons. And the button for the targeting is also after the bar graph with the circle check mark where it is a target button and a the same icon but with a cross through it.

If you can't find those icons you may want to double check your extensions to see if any of them are conflicting with this one or potentially download the extension again and override your saved file in case it is corrupted.

Bonkon
May 21st, 2020, 17:14
Hi All.

Good Day and Welcome pmartyc :)
The first thing I would check is if there is some conflict with any other extensions you may be running. I find it tedious loading or unloading one at a time and having to restart my campaign, so I turn off everything but the one I am testing then try it. If it works, I will load 3 others (I use a lot of extensions!) and start the campaign and test again. If I end up with an error, I know it was in the last three I loaded and can more quickly narrow it down. :)

wframe
May 29th, 2020, 18:18
GM here. I just found this extension and it's great. The only issue I'm having is the rangefinding for NPC/monsters. I have been testing this by setting up mock combat with both a PC and a monster out of range of each other. When I attack with the PC, it rolls disadvantage as expected. When I attack with the monsters (Goblin and an Orc), neither one ever rolls disadvantage. It just states that it's out of range. Am I missing something?

I have tried different weapons (Sling, javelin, shortbow) and I get the same results.

JLBatman
May 30th, 2020, 06:07
I've also noted some inconsistency on the advantage/disadvantage.

But more weird is that I am also now missing the clear saves icon. I've been using the extension since its very first version, so I know what I'm looking for, but it's no longer there. I'm using FGU with the FGU extension, to be clear, so that may not be applicable to this thread specifically. Just a note because it's strange that it is happening to me there as well.I'm going to dink with it to see if I can figure out why.

wframe
May 30th, 2020, 11:59
I've also noted some inconsistency on the advantage/disadvantage.

But more weird is that I am also now missing the clear saves icon. I've been using the extension since its very first version, so I know what I'm looking for, but it's no longer there. I'm using FGU with the FGU extension, to be clear, so that may not be applicable to this thread specifically. Just a note because it's strange that it is happening to me there as well.I'm going to dink with it to see if I can figure out why.

Is the “clear saves” the big red and green buttons? Because I have never seen those. I’m not sure what triggers them.

JLBatman
May 30th, 2020, 13:45
Those aren't the clear saves, but the result of saves already. The Green Checkmark and Red X, that is. I used to have a few more buttons in my map toolbar, one of which cleared the saves. Those disappeared and so the marks keep staying on the icons.

A few messages above someone shows a picture of what they looked like.

wframe
May 30th, 2020, 15:14
Those aren't the clear saves, but the result of saves already. The Green Checkmark and Red X, that is. I used to have a few more buttons in my map toolbar, one of which cleared the saves. Those disappeared and so the marks keep staying on the icons.

A few messages above someone shows a picture of what they looked like.

Got it. Thanks. I still have those. It’s just the ranged disadvantage thing that isn’t working and only for NPCs.

wframe
May 30th, 2020, 20:57
So, I played with it some more. Everything else seems to be working. Can someone tell me why NPCs do not roll disadvantage past their first range increment? I loaded/unloaded the extension and all of the other functions are working perfectly. PCs roll disadvantage against other PCs and NPCs when outside the first range increment. I don't see an option to enable. It's like it just doesn't work for the NPCs whether you attack from the combat tracker or the character sheet. And it is showing that they are outside the first range increment.

aulyre
June 5th, 2020, 01:15
I am having the same issue with ranged weapons. My characters are getting a script error whenever they attempt to attack with a ranged weapon (but not ranged spells). Is there a fix for this?

Booker Grimm
June 5th, 2020, 07:06
I think you need to delete their weapons from their inventory, then repopulate it from the items menu. That seemed to be a work around for me at least.

wframe
June 5th, 2020, 13:17
I also experienced another error last night while running the game. When I shift + CTRL click to "ping" a location, all of my players got script errors. The crosshairs show up for me fine, but they just get error windows.

aulyre
June 10th, 2020, 00:19
Thanks!

arkanis
June 10th, 2020, 12:03
Because Unity is going to take ages to get its problems sorted out, I beg Mr Styrmir to keep this extension updated :cry:
It doesn't seem to play nice with DM tools or one-click druid and it's a pity to not to have these three great extensions working together
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/310505/DM-Tools-Fantasy-Grounds
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/261591/Critically-Awesome-Essentials--One-Click-Druid-Fantasy-Grounds

ScriedRaven
June 10th, 2020, 13:04
If I remember the only issue with DM tools was when you tried to use token stacking, so just don't use that and it should be fine. The conflict can't be fixed on this end without completely changing how enhanced images works.

JLBatman
June 10th, 2020, 14:30
On the plus side, arkanis, though the Unity one is definitely as buggy as a motel with perfect lighting and openings for roaches, it is getting better.

And if you are willing to try Unity again, I found that the latest patch got rid of a lot of lag. And I also found running it on the cloud was more reliable, too. Hope that helps!

arkanis
June 10th, 2020, 18:58
Thank you both, guys.
JLBatman, I'll fiddle with Unity tomorrow to see the improvements, but I will not touch it for my sessions until at the very least token locking is in place. It's a very important feature in Classic and more so in Unity where LOS is unlimited.

JLBatman
June 10th, 2020, 19:03
Oh, if token locking is required, then don't waste your time just yet. It's not there. I've given my peeps verbal rules about when they can move and how much, etc. which they mostly obey... But not always, so I 100% get your desire for that feature to be back!

geeca
June 11th, 2020, 21:52
I'm getting a red X at the extensions page. Is this extension out of date and derelict? Or am I doing something wrong?

ScriedRaven
June 11th, 2020, 21:58
Geeca, you need to download the Token Helper Extension (https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-RPG-Token-Helper-5E)

matcler
June 13th, 2020, 08:31
Hi guys! This extension is absolutely great but I having a small issue with map layers. Using preset adventures (hoard of dragon queen actually) when I add an encounter to combat tracker, using the small arrow in the left bottom corner of encounter window, toekn are automatically deployed to background layer instead of play layer. All tokens are flagged as already placed section of encounter window. This is forcing me to manually add them from combat tracker. Something missing?
Thank you

Three of Swords
June 13th, 2020, 14:23
Hi guys! This extension is absolutely great but I having a small issue with map layers. Using preset adventures (hoard of dragon queen actually) when I add an encounter to combat tracker, using the small arrow in the left bottom corner of encounter window, toekn are automatically deployed to background layer instead of play layer. All tokens are flagged as already placed section of encounter window. This is forcing me to manually add them from combat tracker. Something missing?
Thank you

Unfortunately layers are a 'hack' and not official. You'll need to recreate the encounters so they are placed on the proper layer.

ScriedRaven
June 13th, 2020, 14:23
Thank you

Unfortunately that is a problem with the enhanced images extension (the layers portion). It places layers on top of the image, so everything defaults to the bottom layer, which is not a playable layer.

Zacchaeus
June 13th, 2020, 17:41
Unfortunately layers are a 'hack' and not official. You'll need to recreate the encounters so they are placed on the proper layer.

Unfortunately that is a problem with the enhanced images extension (the layers portion). It places layers on top of the image, so everything defaults to the bottom layer, which is not a playable layer.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. Adding an encounter should place it on the proper layer. I don't use this extension but I can't imagine that anyone would use it if you have to redo every encounter you use. It's most likely that you have to make sure the correct layer is selected or maybe another extension being used is interfering with the process.

JLBatman
June 13th, 2020, 19:06
Yep, it is incorrect. Zacchaeus is right.

The extension puts it on the layer you are currently one when you build the encounter. So if you are using official stuff, it is base layer, which is a pain in the butt. When you BUILD yours, however, put that pin on the top and make sure you are on that layer when dropping them in from the encounter, and it will put them on the top.

ScriedRaven
June 13th, 2020, 20:32
Yep, it is incorrect. Zacchaeus is right.

The extension puts it on the layer you are currently one when you build the encounter. So if you are using official stuff, it is base layer, which is a pain in the butt. When you BUILD yours, however, put that pin on the top and make sure you are on that layer when dropping them in from the encounter, and it will put them on the top.

Perhaps I phrased that poorly, but we're talking about modules, where all the things placed on the image from the module will be on the bottom layer, and you'll have to move them yourself.

Three of Swords
June 13th, 2020, 21:55
The poster I was responding to said, "Using preset adventures (hoard of dragon queen actually)". Hence he will experience what Scried said.

matcler
June 14th, 2020, 08:57
Managing with extension I found that Death Indicators is causing conflict with Combat Enhancer, CE is working properly. I will remove DI to make it working correctly.

SirDave314159
June 20th, 2020, 02:43
Is there an easy(ish) way to just disable the feature where PC's reduced to 0 HP "fall" to the middle layer? It becomes a chore when party members want to drag a fallen ally to safety if they don't have healing readily available, and finding the PC on the combat tracker to administer healing when they are more accustomed to interacting with tokens is sometimes difficult as well.

I love some of the options that the layers add, and really like the elevation feature, but a little more modularity on what's active and what is disabled would be nice.

WinterSoldier7
June 23rd, 2020, 12:29
I'm new to FG and just trying to work out how this would benefit me, but I guess the most important question for me (sorry if it's obvious) is does this work with FGU?

Three of Swords
June 23rd, 2020, 13:22
I'm new to FG and just trying to work out how this would benefit me, but I guess the most important question for me (sorry if it's obvious) is does this work with FGU?

There is a different version for Unity. It's in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51353-5E-Enhancer

Also, a good rule of thumb on extensions is if you don't know what it does and how it'll help, don't use it. Any extension has a chance to conflict with others. So don't use more than you need. Especially ones that deal with combat.

WinterSoldier7
June 23rd, 2020, 13:46
Excellent, thank you!

geeca
June 25th, 2020, 18:37
The Spells Produce Flame and Radiant Sun Bolt no longer work. Next to the target, 10 ft, 15 ft, 30 ft, 40 ft. Flying in the air. This is the only result that you get.

Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:40: attempt to concatenate local 'maxRange' (a nil value)

AliAthena
July 3rd, 2020, 08:58
GM here. I just found this extension and it's great. The only issue I'm having is the rangefinding for NPC/monsters. I have been testing this by setting up mock combat with both a PC and a monster out of range of each other. When I attack with the PC, it rolls disadvantage as expected. When I attack with the monsters (Goblin and an Orc), neither one ever rolls disadvantage. It just states that it's out of range. Am I missing something?

I have tried different weapons (Sling, javelin, shortbow) and I get the same results.

Grab the latest ranged_attacks.lua from the scripts folder on GitHub (it's not updated in the in the INSTALL VERSIONS folder), it looks to have this issue fixed. Alternatively, you can do what I did and edit the file; within the if block on lines 413-449, move the "Spell Action version 1" block to before the "Weapon version 1" block.
The result ends up looking something like this:

-- Spell action version 1
-- this exception is needed as some modules have a slightly different range entries
-- where spell entries on NPCs are put under actions, and only one range is available
-- string input ex. 'Ranged Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 150 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (3d6) fire damage. ...'
rangeText = string.match(description, "ranged?%s%d+");
if rangeText ~= nil then
medRange = string.sub(rangeText, 7, string.len(rangeText));
maxRange = medRange;
end

-- Weapon version 1
-- search for 'range * ft', return range as substring, split substring in two (medium/max range)
-- string input ex. 'Thrown (range 30/120)'' and 'range 30/120 ft.''
rangeText = string.match(description, "ranged?%s%d+/%d+");
if rangeText ~= nil then
-- find '/' index
-- medRange = start of numbers to before index
-- maxRange = after index to end
local index = string.find(rangeText, '/');
medRange = string.sub(rangeText, 7, index - 1);
maxRange = string.sub(rangeText, index + 1, string.len(rangeText));
end

-- Weapon version 2
-- this exception is needed as some modules have a slightly different range entries
-- string input ex. 'Thrown (range 30 ft./120)'' and 'range 30 ft./120 ft.''
rangeText = string.match(description, "ranged?%s%d+%s?[a-zA-Z]+\.?/%d+");
if rangeText ~= nil then
local index = string.find(rangeText, '/');
medRange = string.match(string.sub(rangeText, 7, index), "%d+");
maxRange = string.sub(rangeText, index + 1, string.len(rangeText));
end
In that snippet also corrected the regex from * to + (match one or more digits rather than match zero or more), and made it more forgiving towards the effect wording. Any combination of the following variations will work with it:
ranged 150/600 (ranged instead of range)
range 150ft./600 (no space between 150 and ft.)
range 150 ft/600 (no period in ft.)
range 150 m/600 (any unit of any character length)

The Spells Produce Flame and Radiant Sun Bolt no longer work. Next to the target, 10 ft, 15 ft, 30 ft, 40 ft. Flying in the air. This is the only result that you get.

Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:40: attempt to concatenate local 'maxRange' (a nil value)
Open up ranged_attacks.lua from Token Helper. Go to around line 516 and change:
local rangeText = string.match(description, "%d*");
to:
local rangeText = string.match(description, "%d+");
Then just edit the spell in FG (may need to add it to the character's sheet first), and add the range. For Produce Flame I've got Self, 30ft; Radiant Sun Bolt is the same just without Self. The code change for this part ensures that it won't match an empty string and get a range of "" from "Self, 30"
This gets me the correct output of "The ranged attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Produce Flame (30) from 540 feet."

George_henrique
July 4th, 2020, 23:30
Could someone help me with this problem? I'm not able to adjust the Scale on the Tokens. They are very small and impossible to see from normal map scale.

Image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/600376817206951946/729102673025957928/unknown.png

SirDave314159
July 17th, 2020, 19:47
We had a situation come up for the first time today while using this extension, where players could not access the character sheet(s) for NPC's they were controlling. By default in FG, once a creature is shared with a player, for example a summoned familiar or a wild shape for a druid, they could double click on the token on the map to open up the stat sheet for that creature. This extension seemingly changes that behavior, highlighting the target in the combat tracker instead. Is there a workaround, or something I'm missing, short of sharing the NPC sheet manually each time the player needs to have it open for actions, etc?

AngriestOwlbear
July 18th, 2020, 22:29
Hey y'all, I was running a combat with this extension today and unfortunately it seems that I am unable to remove the check marks on tokens after they've made a saving throw. Does anyone know how to fix this?

flynnkd
July 18th, 2020, 22:42
Hey y'all, I was running a combat with this extension today and unfortunately it seems that I am unable to remove the check marks on tokens after they've made a saving throw. Does anyone know how to fix this?

/dsave

Put it in a hot bar for quick use.

AngriestOwlbear
July 18th, 2020, 23:59
/dsave

Put it in a hot bar for quick use.

Thank you much!

discgolferusa
July 22nd, 2020, 01:39
Sorry if these are addressed elsewhere in this thread (I've made it 50% through it but still haven't seen an answer yet).

1st. I'm running into an issue where a player or NPC is flanked and one of the flanking monsters is knocked unconscious, the other monster still has advantage from the flanking rules. I can't believe that no one has seen this one before, but I've just not been able to locate an answer yet.

2nd. When a creature gets knocked unconscious I get the following console error. Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

3rd. Sometimes (not always) tokens loaded into the bottom layer will balloon in size when a creature is knocked unconscious. It doesn't do it every time, so this may be a new user issue, but I know from reading this was a problem in previous versions.

I currently have the following extensions loaded :
Weapon Handling V1.0
5e Next Level XP Automation v1.6 from Rob2e
Combat Enhancer 1.6.0 (obviously :) )
Token Helper v1.1.9
Basic Card Deck Tables v0.7

Again, this is a great extension! My group just started playing online and are still trying to get used to it all, but this extension has been awesome so far.

discgolferusa
July 22nd, 2020, 01:47
Also anyone else now getting the following when a 5e campaign loads?

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:41: attempt to call field 'useFGUDiceValues' (a nil value)

It has something to do with the combat enhancer because I started a new campaign and added the token helper and it loaded fine, but threw this error when I then added the combat enhancer.

discgolferusa
July 22nd, 2020, 02:45
Sorry if these are addressed elsewhere in this thread (I've made it 50% through it but still haven't seen an answer yet).

1st. I'm running into an issue where a player or NPC is flanked and one of the flanking monsters is knocked unconscious, the other monster still has advantage from the flanking rules. I can't believe that no one has seen this one before, but I've just not been able to locate an answer yet.

2nd. When a creature gets knocked unconscious I get the following console error. Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

3rd. Sometimes (not always) tokens loaded into the bottom layer will balloon in size when a creature is knocked unconscious. It doesn't do it every time, so this may be a new user issue, but I know from reading this was a problem in previous versions.

I currently have the following extensions loaded :
Weapon Handling V1.0
5e Next Level XP Automation v1.6 from Rob2e
Combat Enhancer 1.6.0 (obviously :) )
Token Helper v1.1.9
Basic Card Deck Tables v0.7

Again, this is a great extension! My group just started playing online and are still trying to get used to it all, but this extension has been awesome so far.

Ok, did some digging and am more confused than ever. I verified that the Unconscious effect is being added to the creature in the CT.

Looking at the code in the token helper isActorDisabled5e function it looks to be validly concerning itself for that effect and I verified the spelling. So next time I get some available time I may have to add debugging around the isActorDisabled5e and isFlanking methods in the token helper and see if where it may be incorrectly determining a flanking ally.

discgolferusa
July 22nd, 2020, 17:47
Also anyone else now getting the following when a 5e campaign loads?

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:41: attempt to call field 'useFGUDiceValues' (a nil value)

It has something to do with the combat enhancer because I started a new campaign and added the token helper and it loaded fine, but threw this error when I then added the combat enhancer.

Ok, I fumbled through and figured out how to fix this error. I'll test it during my next rpg session (or when I get time to fake a game) to see if it has any adverse effects. I don't think it will, it appears they were trying to initialize something in the 5e ruleset that because CombatEnhancer defines it's own actionmanager was missing but not something we need since by it's name seems to be FGU related? Will know more as I test. Now off to figure out why token helper isn't working on flanking correctly.

discgolferusa
July 22nd, 2020, 22:09
Anyone want to test my new versions of token helper and combat enhancer to fix the following issues?

Change Log

Combat Enhancer
Removed Debug statement that throws error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

Added Method to remove error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:41: attempt to call field 'useFGUDiceValues' (a nil value)

Token Helper
Fixed flanking issue where foe with Unconscious status was still giving flanking advantage to ally. Fixed isActorDisabled5e call that was incorrectly returning nil for the ally record from the CT, so not finding conditions that should have prevented flanking rule from applying.

Core RPG - Token Helper (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgMvjsp7LJ85rE6dD6tKmJUJk8cO?e=OHvXLQ)

5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_6_0 (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgMvjsp7LJ85rE9AJioWCr8-Sofj?e=jRSEIu)

Again, these are for people who play more often than I do to help me test. If these seem to be good, I'll check these fixes into the github repo and officially update them here.

eporrini
July 23rd, 2020, 01:42
I added your new extensions and loaded the game a couple of times without seeing the errors. I also went into a couple of maps and they opened fine, I didn't notice any errors.

discgolferusa
July 23rd, 2020, 02:40
I added your new extensions and loaded the game a couple of times without seeing the errors. I also went into a couple of maps and they opened fine, I didn't notice any errors.

Cool I'm hoping several people will test the flanking fix. That's the one I'm most worried about.

Ralke
July 23rd, 2020, 12:35
I am having an issue when it opens says it didn't find FGU dices, and i use FGC.
My map from sword coast wich comes with Storm kings thunder can't have a grid, because it is too big looks like, everytime i try to grid it, i get an error.

discgolferusa
July 23rd, 2020, 13:01
I am having an issue when it opens says it didn't find FGU dices, and i use FGC.
My map from sword coast wich comes with Storm kings thunder can't have a grid, because it is too big looks like, everytime i try to grid it, i get an error.

If you haven't already grab the test version I posted at the top of this page for both token helper and combat enhancer. That should fix the FGU dice issue. I'm just learning how to do stuff so I don't know anything about the storm kings thunder issue. Is this on say the region map and not a battle map right? If it's a full map, I don't use a grid because I don't do combat on that. You can still place a token and size it and just place it where you want it to be.

havokman98
July 23rd, 2020, 21:06
Thanks for the quick update discgolferusa. It seems to be working well so far. Although I'm running a game this weekend, so I'll keep checking this thread for any further developments.

Zandorgard
July 23rd, 2020, 21:12
It's working for me as well! Thanks a bunch!

SirDave314159
July 24th, 2020, 14:20

I have found that a lot of maps that come with official modules are enormous files, and not particularly optimized for use in Fantasy Grounds under what I would consider "normal" conditions. As others mentioned, gridding overland maps is usually unnecessary, but you can try a quick resize in the graphics editing program of your choice, and see if that makes things work better. Even the lowly MS Paint bundled with windows can do the job. A rule of thumb I try to keep to is not having a map file larger than 1 MB.

discgolferusa
July 27th, 2020, 18:40
OK question to the people who do more ext development. This extension seems to have disabled or removed the accept movement radial option somehow. I'm trying to move the effects radial option to position 2 and bring the accept movement option back, but can't find where that option is being removed at.

Do you have any idea what I should be looking for? I've tried searching for keywords I thought would be used but not finding anything.

Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm cool with trying to fix it myself, but I only have a few mins each day to look at it so any guidance would help immensely.

Thanks in advance!

maugrim8866
July 27th, 2020, 19:29
OK question to the people who do more ext development. This extension seems to have disabled or removed the accept movement radial option somehow. I'm trying to move the effects radial option to position 2 and bring the accept movement option back, but can't find where that option is being removed at.

Do you have any idea what I should be looking for? I've tried searching for keywords I thought would be used but not finding anything.

Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm cool with trying to fix it myself, but I only have a few mins each day to look at it so any guidance would help immensely.

Thanks in advance!

What I know of this extension is with the additional image layers this extension provides, you have to be aware of what layer you are adding PC tokens too.
Players can only interact with the "Play" layer. So be sure to add player tokens to that Play/Top layer.
The only other thing I can think of is be sure map tokens are "Locked".

I hope that helps.

discgolferusa
July 27th, 2020, 19:32
What I know of this extension is with the additional image layers this extension provides, you have to be aware of what layer you are adding PC tokens too.
Players can only interact with the "Play" layer. So be sure to add player tokens to that Play/Top layer.
The only other thing I can think of is be sure map tokens are "Locked".

I hope that helps.

The actual option has been overwritten by the effects radial option on the token radial menu. Trying to undo that so that the accept move option will be available again (or at least that's the plan).