PDA

View Full Version : 5e Combat Enhancer (built on retired GPL Advanced Kombat extension)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

JLBatman
February 1st, 2019, 14:44
You are outdoing yourself, Styrmir!

Where's that paypal link you were going to make? =)

Three of Swords
February 1st, 2019, 15:22
You are outdoing yourself, Styrmir!

Where's that paypal link you were going to make? =)

He's waiting to make sure it's acceptable by Smiteworks.

And thanks again, Styrmir! Good work!

JLBatman
February 1st, 2019, 15:31
No, he said they gave him explicit permission, and he was going to make it. :)

Three of Swords
February 1st, 2019, 15:43
No, he said they gave him explicit permission, and he was going to make it. :)

I guess I missed that!

StoryWeaver
February 1st, 2019, 17:10
Thanks guys! :)

I'm having some technical issues with paypal in getting the paypal.me link set up. Their customer service has been sending me on roundabouts for over a week now on a daily basis while trying to get it to work. Trying it repeatedly on different browsers and devices, sending screenshots and error reports.

So waiting for it to finally get escalated, like it should have been done in the first place, to the tech department so that it can actually get sorted out properly.

But I'm sure eventually I'll get a working link to share with you guys. :)

StoryWeaver
February 1st, 2019, 20:30
Setting for using automatic range functionality added.

Exceptions added to automatic range function:
If target prone, disadvantage added. This is already part of FG core functionality when condition has been applied.
Feat: Crossbow Expert (for PC): Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls (while using crossbow). Logic added. Currently only considers your target.
Feat: Sharpshooter (for PC): Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Logic added.

Egheal
February 2nd, 2019, 18:42
Note that the Crossbow Expert Feat is not limited to Crossbow use : it works for all ranged attack rolls, even ranged spell attacks.

StoryWeaver
February 2nd, 2019, 19:07
Crossbow Expert PHB

Thanks to extensive practice with the crossbow, you gain the following benefits:

You ignore the loading quality of crossbows with which you are proficient.
Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.
When you use the Attack action and attack with a one-handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a hand crossbow you are holding.

I suppose you're right if you consider the feats second ability excluding any specific mentioning of crossbows. Confusing naming for the feat though, if it's supposed to give you that advantage in general. I would have thought at first glance it would only be applicable to crossbow use, as it's part and parcel of being an expert with how to use crossbows in fights rather than anything else.

Works for spells as well apparently according to Sage Advice : https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/sageadvice_feats

DGM
February 3rd, 2019, 13:42
Great work on taking up the extension and continuing to improve it!

Could you enable that pressing mask mode puts you on layer 1.
Currently you have to go to layer 1, enable mask mode to apply the mask and edit the mask.

In the Advanced Kombat extension is switched to layer 1.

StoryWeaver
February 3rd, 2019, 13:46
Great work on taking up the extension and continuing to improve it!

Could you enable that pressing mask mode puts you on layer 1.
Currently you have to go to layer 1, enable mask mode to apply the mask and edit the mask.

In the Advanced Kombat extension is switched to layer 1.

While using the top layer to run your game (where the game token are). Press the layer mask button (might need to press twice). This will switch to you the background (image) layer. When you're done modifying your mask, press the mask button again, and it will bring you back to the top layer. Alternatively you can switch back to the top layer using the layer buttons.

As using layers, it is not possible to remain in the top layer while editing the mask, as FG's masking functionality only works on a layer that actually has an image in it. The background/image layer.

DGM
February 3rd, 2019, 14:19
Updated to 1.4.2, seemed to have resolved it, was using 1.3.0

DGM
February 3rd, 2019, 18:37
It seems the Combat Enhancer stops functionality of the One Click druid from Rob2E and Diablobob
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/261591/Critically-Awesome-Essentials-Fantasy-Grounds

Reported it on Rob2e's discord also, perhaps the two teams can have a chat with each other to resolve the issue?
Tested with a fresh campaign and latest versions.

Combat Enhancer 1.4.2
One-Click_Druid_1.15.19

pablomaz
February 3rd, 2019, 18:49
It seems the Combat Enhancer stops functionality of the One Click druid from Rob2E and Diablobob
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/261591/Critically-Awesome-Essentials-Fantasy-Grounds

Reported it on Rob2e's discord also, perhaps the two teams can have a chat with each other to resolve the issue?
Tested with a fresh campaign and latest versions.

Combat Enhancer 1.4.2
One-Click_Druid_1.15.19

Yup, they don't work together. Druid Wild Shapes (for 5E) does basically the same thing and I believe is fully compatible. I was testing it yesterday. And it's free, you can find it in the forum.

StoryWeaver
February 3rd, 2019, 22:52
I'm sorry but I don't have the time to make sure the extension works with other individual extension out there. I am sharing what I use in my games, and you're very welcome to enjoy the extension for what it is.

Otherwise feel free to branch the extension and make the modifications necessary if you'd like, it is open source after all.
Or you can choose one extension over the other, it's up to you in the end, extensions are optional to enrich the games after all.
I know Rob2E does some fantastic stuff.

Jiminimonka
February 3rd, 2019, 23:10

When I add the height option - it is a LITTLE bit large.. any suggestions. Using the latest version.

DGM
February 4th, 2019, 07:36
No worries, it doesn’t hurt to ask!

Diablobob is going to work on an update that should resolve the current issue, moving over to custom handlers opposed to the combat manager functions for the shift.

StoryWeaver
February 5th, 2019, 00:42
When I add the height option - it is a LITTLE bit large.. any suggestions. Using the latest version.

See the post I made above your post. That said, as I mention a few posts earlier, the next iteration of the extension 1.5.0, will have menu options to modify the text size of the height for small/medium/large. The current size is the one I call 'large' there. So it might help to set it to small whenever I do release that version, which might be a while.

Until then I can only recommend not using the height option or turning off the big font extension.

Happy gaming!

duddey
February 5th, 2019, 01:09
When a token die this happens...

And the token has full life...dont die...

Someone can help me?

HuseyinCinar
February 5th, 2019, 06:52
Is there a way to change the revert the Health Bars to the default way where it's on the side and not the top?

When the Health Bars are at the top, they clash with the Title naming option for tokens. Makes the HP less visible.

StoryWeaver
February 5th, 2019, 10:13
@duddey

Make sure you have the latest version of the extension and FG, try turning off all other extensions, try a different map, make sure you set a grid, make sure your targets are on the CT as well as on the map, make sure your tokens are on the top layer. This is not something I've experienced in the live version.

@HuseyinCinar

It is not an option currently, I'll add it to the wishlist to consider.

Try using labels on hover, I started doing that myself even after reprogramming the health bars as I found it hard to read the overhead labels unless you were zoomed in really close. Besides you as the gm will always know which target is active in the CT due to the overlay, the text from attacks in chat box, the arrows from the player if any, the target if described by direction, or as above simply use the settings to make labels and conditions pop up as text (which is what I do).

StoryWeaver
February 5th, 2019, 12:58
Menu option to switch between the default vertical health bars and the new horizontal health bars has been added to be include with release v1.5.0.

Three of Swords
February 5th, 2019, 16:06
Just a note for some users of this extension. I recently decided to try using the NPC Flavors extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31699-Alternative-to-NPC-numbering-in-combat-tracker). The two extensions do not play well together when adding NPCs to combat via an Encounter.

The token and combat tracker entry do not appear to be fully linked. Health bars do not appear, NPC Tokens cannot be targeted properly, etc. Not saying either author needs to 'fix this'. Just hoping to save someone else from having to figure out what is going on.

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2019, 17:54
Just a note for some users of this extension. I recently decided to try using the NPC Flavors extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31699-Alternative-to-NPC-numbering-in-combat-tracker). The two extensions do not play well together when adding NPCs to combat via an Encounter.

The token and combat tracker entry do not appear to be fully linked. Health bars do not appear, NPC Tokens cannot be targeted properly, etc. Not saying either author needs to 'fix this'. Just hoping to save someone else from having to figure out what is going on.

See the last post here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31699-NPC-Flavors-Extension/page11

Jiminimonka
February 5th, 2019, 22:20
See the post I made above your post. That said, as I mention a few posts earlier, the next iteration of the extension 1.5.0, will have menu options to modify the text size of the height for small/medium/large. The current size is the one I call 'large' there. So it might help to set it to small whenever I do release that version, which might be a while.

Until then I can only recommend not using the height option or turning off the big font extension.

Happy gaming!

I guess its another extension interfering. I don't have Big Fonts though. No worries, looking forward to the next iteration. Thanks for all your work.

HuseyinCinar
February 6th, 2019, 11:59
Menu option to switch between the default vertical health bars and the new horizontal health bars has been added to be include with release v1.5.0.

Awesome! Thank you.

Diablobob
February 6th, 2019, 12:08
No worries, it doesn’t hurt to ask!

Diablobob is going to work on an update that should resolve the current issue, moving over to custom handlers opposed to the combat manager functions for the shift.

Would you (or anyone else) be willing to download the new version of Critically Awesome Essentials and One-Click Druid module, and let me know if it is now compatible?

I made my own addHandlers and OOB messages to handle the shifts... With very little reliance on coreRPG (Basic functions that I believe are preserved in combat enhancer)... So the compatibility is greatly increased, and I'm hoping it'll now work with this ext as well.

The main difference with my ext, is now the DM has to have the module loaded because the token images are hosted in the module (not the ext).

Thank you in advance!
~bob

DGM
February 6th, 2019, 13:07
Would you (or anyone else) be willing to download the new version of Critically Awesome Essentials and One-Click Druid module, and let me know if it is now compatible?

I made my own addHandlers and OOB messages to handle the shifts... With very little reliance on coreRPG (Basic functions that I believe are preserved in combat enhancer)... So the compatibility is greatly increased, and I'm hoping it'll now work with this ext as well.

The main difference with my ext, is now the DM has to have the module loaded because the token images are hosted in the module (not the ext).

Thank you in advance!
~bob

Thanks for the update, it now works correctly with Combat Enhancer

JLBatman
February 6th, 2019, 15:04
NICE!!

I can't wait to download the latest of the one-click druid module. I've been itching to run both, but had to make a choice until now.

Thanks bunches, Diablobob!

Diablobob
February 6th, 2019, 15:50
NICE!!

I can't wait to download the latest of the one-click druid module. I've been itching to run both, but had to make a choice until now.

Thanks bunches, Diablobob!

My pleasure... now about that coffee... lol

Sorry for the slow dev on this one... been fighting medical issues... but the next update will also include custom token selection... hazzah!

JLBatman
February 6th, 2019, 16:05
My offer still stands, sir!

Send me an address and I will gladly send you something I roast within 24 hours of that. You can choose almost any coffee you want from coffeeproject.com. I will grab it from the warehouse and roast it.
Only exception is the Kopi Luwak. It's actually good tasting, but the cost is too high for the taste profile.
Actually, screw that, if you want that one - I'll roast it for you, but it won't be a whole lb. I sell that one to peeps in 3 oz amounts, so that's what I'd send you.

Send me your request with mailing address to either corey ATSIGN jlatech dawt com or corey ATSIGN coffeeproject dawt com

I'm sure you can parse that out better than bots... ;)

Atreides Ghola
February 6th, 2019, 16:11
Hello,

Getting this error when I'm trying to set a hex grid:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:176: setGridOffset: Grid size is zero

After searching, I found that this is a problem with the Enhanced Image extension (?) which I don't have installed. Is there anything I can do about this?

I do have the following extensions running:

MoodLighting
DOE: Base
DOE: Sound
Window Saver X
Core Sidebar for 5e
5E Theme - Wizards
5e Combat Enhancer
Strahd Decals

mattekure
February 6th, 2019, 16:13
Hello,

Getting this error when I'm trying to set a hex grid:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:176: setGridOffset: Grid size is zero

After searching, I found that this is a problem with the Enhanced Image extension (?) which I don't have installed. Is there anything I can do about this?

I do have the following extensions running:

MoodLighting
DOE: Base
DOE: Sound
Window Saver X
Core Sidebar for 5e
5E Theme - Wizards
5e Combat Enhancer
Strahd Decals

its likely due to the layers extension included in the Combat Enhancer. it specifically says it doesnt work with hex grids.

Atreides Ghola
February 6th, 2019, 16:14
its likely due to the layers extension included in the Combat Enhancer. it specifically says it doesnt work with hex grids.

Ah, gotcha. I searched the thread for it, but must have missed that information.

Thanks for the info!

Ashl
February 8th, 2019, 00:49
Are the effect icons on the player/monster token optional somehow? Myself and the players don't much care for the portraits being partially or mostly hidden.

Halfront
February 8th, 2019, 03:28
Are the effect icons on the player/monster token optional somehow? Myself and the players don't much care for the portraits being partially or mostly hidden.

Ashl,
The only thing I can think of is to go under "options" and change the "Token max effects icon number" to 1. So far I don't know of a way to not show the icons..as I really like seeing them in my game :) Hope this helps.

Also, maybe change the "Token effect icon size " to tiny too. The 1 icon will still show but be really small.

Ashl
February 8th, 2019, 04:23
Wasn't updated to latest version, but now that I am I can see the options. This should be good enough, thanks.

StoryWeaver
February 8th, 2019, 10:10
There is a general menu option that comes with FG core functionality where you can select if token icons are displayed at all, on hover, in label form etc.

Mavrik6666
February 8th, 2019, 15:59
The DM can also make the icon non visible to the players... in the CT clicking the toggle button GM/Visible removes it from sight from the player, good for perma effect you cant be bothered showing like racial abilities, feats etc.. just leave the once visible that might be on or off depending on an item or condition .. works well for us, combined with icons set to small in the 'options' button

Three of Swords
February 9th, 2019, 17:36
So my gaming group just learned something regarding this extension. It takes altitude into consideration when calculating distances between targets. I missed when that was added (or maybe it was there all along, since I've been using this extension, or the original version Advanced Kombat, since they first came out).

Just thought I'd share in case others missed it as well.

Mavrik6666
February 9th, 2019, 17:55
Hmmm I cant seem to get it to go that, unless I am doing it wrong...

100ft flying ogre, - my gnome targets, the distance arrow still says 15ft away.... is it a setting ?

Halfront
February 9th, 2019, 20:39
Interesting, Mavrik6666, I tried the same thing and it doesn't seem to register elevation on "Large" creatures. I placed an Ogre and Cloud Giant and both do not change range with elevation! Not sure why either!

Three of Swords
February 9th, 2019, 22:58
Interesting.

I looked further. I guess it doesn't use the altitude of the target. Only the altitude of the token doing the targeting. This might explain why my group never noticed it before.

Styrmir! Fix it! :P

StoryWeaver
February 9th, 2019, 23:50
I'll add it to the list of things to look at, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Three of Swords
February 10th, 2019, 00:35
I'll add it to the list of things to look at, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks! I'm hoping that it's just something overlooked and not a limitation of the engine.

StoryWeaver
February 10th, 2019, 13:28
Got it working so it updates for both when the actor and target change altitude.
It does not update when targets above the size of medium change their altitude, but it will update when the actor changes their altitude in relation to any target regardless of targets size or actors size.
I'm seeing if I can get this updating for larger targets changing their altitude as well.

Three of Swords
February 10th, 2019, 18:47
Out of curiosity, why does the difference in target size matter?

Mgrancey
February 10th, 2019, 18:49
Apologies, I know I saw it somewhere but I haven't been able to find it. How do I change the background color? I can't sketch out a map with a black background.

JLBatman
February 10th, 2019, 18:51
It's how you target use it.

;)

Three of Swords
February 11th, 2019, 02:40
It's how you target use it.

;)

Now, now... Keep these forums target clean! ;)

DMZeff
February 12th, 2019, 19:27
In order to unmask my maps I have to be on the first layer, but on that layer I cannot see my players tokens. This means that I have to swap back and forth between the first and third layer to see where the players move and unmasking. Does anyone have a solution for this? It's more of a headache than I can tolerate and hoping someone smarter than me has found a way to fix this.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2019, 19:54
In order to unmask my maps I have to be on the first layer, but on that layer I cannot see my players tokens. This means that I have to swap back and forth between the first and third layer to see where the players move and unmasking. Does anyone have a solution for this? It's more of a headache than I can tolerate and hoping someone smarter than me has found a way to fix this.
There should be "shadows" of tokens on the top layer created when you go to the lower levels. I added this functionality to the original layers extension primarily for this very reason.

In Combat Enhancer, top layer then bottom layer:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26296

JLBatman
February 12th, 2019, 20:04
Ya, so what you are describing is what I consider the biggest drawback to this enhancement. I've learned to handle it, but I full admit, I don't like it.

I hope there is a way around it, cause that would be a pleasant surprise. Overall, I would just love to have the "mask" button work from any layer, and still have it address the bottom layer (as that's where it has to be to work with FG). That would be amazing.

Just saw Trenloe's post...
Shadows are there, but you don't see the updates if people move their characters while you are working on the mask.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2019, 20:13
Shadows are there, but you don't see the updates if people move their characters while you are working on the mask.
To stop this happening, lock the tokens so your players can't move them!

StoryWeaver
February 12th, 2019, 20:30
That's what I do or players know not to move while I'm unmasking. I agree that it would be nice to see the tokens moving clearer while unmasking, but the extension uses the inbuilt masking functionality and tools, which only works on rather applies to the bottom layer.
It's a working function which might possibly be improved, but currently working on some complicated large changes feature additions.

JLBatman
February 12th, 2019, 20:33
Ya, no worries, Styrmir.

And yes, I could lock the tokens, but that's it's own inconvenience. When you have 8 players (and I never have less than 6 in a game), and all they are doing is exploring some corridors, I have to go back and forth in both methods, with literally NO improvement to the speed.

Scenario I experience - people can free move and they don't go crazy on it. I have to switch back to see where they've moved, then I go back to the mask layer.

Scenario proposed as a solution - I have to accept 8 people's requests to move where the first person is, and to do that I switch back to the 3rd level before coming back to the mask again. Literally no improvement to the speed of the game this way.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2019, 23:08
The recent discussion got me thinking... And... There's an update to the base Enhanced Images extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)&p=426002&viewfull=1#post426002

Styrmir is aware. Don't bug them to put it into 5E Combat Enhancer immediately! ;)

JLBatman
February 12th, 2019, 23:18
Nice, Trenloe, that will be cool to include whenever. I'm not sweating it, either way. I've gotten used to it as it is.

Thanks for the update, though, cause i have something to look forward to.

Three of Swords
February 13th, 2019, 00:23
The recent discussion got me thinking... And... There's an update to the base Enhanced Images extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)&p=426002&viewfull=1#post426002

OMG Styrmir, you need to...

Styrmir is aware. Don't bug them to put it into 5E Combat Enhancer immediately! ;)

Oh, ok...

StoryWeaver
February 13th, 2019, 00:45
Codebase updated with Trenloe's Enhanced Images extension code changes. The changes will be pushed out with the next major version (v1.5.0), thanks Trenloe, great job! :D

DMZeff
February 13th, 2019, 00:57
To stop this happening, lock the tokens so your players can't move them!

That does work, but it's not the greatest solution for what I need. Is it possible to move the masking to the 3rd layer without a huge time investment?

StoryWeaver
February 13th, 2019, 01:21
@Mgrancey

To change the colors look at the top of:
/scripts/5e_combat_enhancer.lua

-- Underlay colors for tokens on the map. First two numbers/letters refer to the alpha channel or transparency levels.

-- Alpha channel (ranging from 0-255) in hex, opacity at 40% = 66, 30% = 4D , 20% = 33, 10% = 1A.

-- The opacity is set to 20% by default, but is now modifiable on the fly in the Settings menu.

-- You can change the three colors here by changing the 6 characters after the first 2 (the alpha channel).

TOKENUNDERLAYCOLOR_1 = "3300FF00"; -- Tokens active turn.

TOKENUNDERLAYCOLOR_2 = "33F9FF44"; -- Token added to battlemap, but not on combat tracker.

TOKENUNDERLAYCOLOR_3 = "330000FF"; -- Token mouse over hover.

Change them to whatever hex color you want, first two numbers are the alpha (opacity) channel. This can be modified live in one of the menu settings.

@Three of Swords
"Out of curiosity, why does the difference in target size matter?"

The range arrows update on token movements and hovering over tokens (/campaign/image.lua):
function onMeasurePointer(pixellength,pointertype,startx,st arty,endx,endy)

This is an automated call. The line drawn with the figures isn't without fault. For example, it won't run if the line can't be drawn. So if a token is directly next to one another horizontally or vertically it doesn't recalculate ranges.
The center of tokens is regardless of size, the center-point of the token graphics. The current theory is that it might have something with to do with that for larger tokens the text widget that the altitude is placed in, somehow isn't connected to the hex that contains the middle of the token as it's on the side (in another hex than the center one). And as the range arrow is calculated to the center hex it therefore doesn't get picked up during the calculations.

Mind you this is just speculation at this point. Haven't had an overly long time free to look at this particular issue yet. Did some testing but these things require considerable timeslots to read over all the code. Run test changes to code, numerous reloads of FG, run a number of test cases etc.

@DMZeff

With the latest updates tonight (which will come with the next version) you'll be able to see the players moving their tokens while on all the different layers as a GM.

Overriding the default requirement of being on the actual bottom layer (the image containing the actual background or map image) may not be technically possible.
Without having spent any considerable time testing things with code changes to try this specifically. From what I've read and done so far in regards to masking, if I'd have to have a guess if it were possible to accomplish this. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be a complicated affair of overriding default masking calls. Some of the core functionality of FG is only accessible to us via API's, this includes masking calls, something we can't change ourselves with extensions or modules.

StoryWeaver
February 13th, 2019, 01:32
@Mgranced

The above post tells you how to change token overlay colors. What you meant was the actual background image color (the black color), which is something different. (past midnight here so a little drowsy as I'm making code updates and replying to posts).
You need to make changes or exchange actual image files to do this.

Two of them in fact:

/graphics/frames/imagebox v1.png
/graphics/frames/imagepnale v2.png

The code is in extensions.xml

<framedef name="imagebox">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/imagebox v1.png" />
<offset>150,135,150,150</offset>
<insideoffset>0,0,18,22</insideoffset>
</framedef>
<!--
<framedef name="imagebox_header">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/imagebox_header.png" />
<offset>0,0,0,0</offset>
</framedef> -->
<!-- v1.3.0 -->
<framedef name="imagepanel">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/imagepanel v2.png" />

<offset>16,16,16,16</offset>
</framedef>

You can find the original graphics for the magebox v1.png in the CoreRPG ruleset. For the second you could replace imagepanel v2.png with imagepanel v1.png in the code to get the original back.

StoryWeaver
February 13th, 2019, 01:41
@Mgranced
Make that the 5e Ruleset. I found and unzipped it for you.
Download this file and replace the current imagebox v1.png with it, then change the code for 'imagepanel v2.png' to 'imagepanel v1.png'.

After that's done, after you reload you should have the default grey background.

Trenloe
February 13th, 2019, 04:02
That does work, but it's not the greatest solution for what I need.
See the follow up posts, since the one quoted, about new functionality.

Is it possible to move the masking to the 3rd layer without a huge time investment?
Assuming by the 3rd layer you mean the top layer? If so, then no, it's not possible. Masking can only be done on an image layer that contains a full graphics file. If you want masking on the top layer, it would need an image file on that layer that would take up the top layer and would completely blank out the lowers layers (the image controls don't support transparency) - so you'd be back to what you have before the extension, one layer.

Three of Swords
February 13th, 2019, 04:24
Thank you for the info, Styrmir and Trenloe. I appreciate the time you both put into making FG a better application.

Slalom
February 15th, 2019, 08:18
Best .ext ever !!! Great great great work !

scarymike23
February 16th, 2019, 13:59
Hello! Just starting to get my feet wet with this extension

Question 1: For some reason, custom effects don't seem to show in the "mini" effects window that were added via a module. Is this a known issue? In the following screenshot, you'll see "Mocked" which I personally added. But in my list, you'll see tons of them, added via the "5E Conditions & Effects" module by Rob Twohy. Is there a way to get them to show in the mini effects window?

Question 2: Is there a way to make the blood spatter smaller? Do I just adjust the graphics in the \tokens\host\items location?
Note: I realize you can make them bigger via the options under Blood Spatter scaling, but you can't see to go smaller than default.

Currently, they are huge for me.
Example: 26340

HuseyinCinar
February 16th, 2019, 18:43
"- Shift + scroll while hovering over a token, gives you an altitude counter for example, and the distance to your target is actually calculated with the height in mind." from the first post.

This doesn't exactly work on Macs. I have a mouse plugged in and using the wheel while holding Shift doesn't work. But using the track pad gives me the flight Counter.

Also, I've set the status icons as "Tiny" but the Flight Counter thing is HUUUGGGEEEE. Is there a way to make it smaller as well?

I'm going to need to use the height indicator in an upcoming fight. I can just add an effect to keep track of the height but the extension actually calculates the range based on the height when targeted properly. I'd love to have that.

Also, I remember reading about big tokens not working properly with this, was that fixed?

DGM
February 17th, 2019, 08:33
Great work you’ve been doing on this extension and it’s updates, here’s a little post saying thanks.

StoryWeaver
February 17th, 2019, 09:07
Thank you for the appreciation posts, they are nice to read. : )

StoryWeaver
February 17th, 2019, 09:18
@scarymike
Never tried module conditions, tend to add my own if needed, so it's not come up. The condition pop-up windows is part of the AK extension code, haven't looked at that part to make changes to it as it's worked fine so far for my purposes.

I can imagine some work and potential issues with getting that to work consistently over all modules. But don't have any modules containing conditions to test properly. I would suggest using the standard interface if you need conditions outside of the standard 5e ones, or some specific campaign ones you've added yourself.

--

As for blood splatters, that shouldn't be happening, it should appear as in the screenshot on the first page with the blood splatter in most cases not much beyond the square, unless you're using higher scaling in the menu settings.

It seems to me there are some scaling issues there, I would suggest trying different maps with different dots per inch and trying different scaling of the hexes. I tend to use 50x50.

Also make sure your token are on the top layer and scaling is locked to 80% or 100%.

@HuseyinCinar
The latest updates to the alt text and it activating properly for all medium and smaller tokens won't be rolled out until in v1.5, whenever that is ready.
Currently there is still an issue with larger tokens, whether that can be fixed I don't know yet.

So while you can add height markers, for now you'll have to wing your calculated distances for larger targets.
Maybe add approximately 1/3, 1/2 or 2/3 of the height difference to the distance on a horizontal plane for the final range, depending on how far away the targets are on a horizontal plane. Not perfect, but gets you in the range of the hypotenuse of the Pythagoras theory.

Atreides Ghola
February 17th, 2019, 22:22
Hello again folks,

I have a question - can't seem to figure if the functionality is still there or not: When my players are in a dungeon outside of combat, they move and describe what they're doing in initiative order, and I lock down their tokens for approval. Without the 5e enhancements installed, I could right click on their tokens and approve the move they made, and off the token would go. That functionality seems to have been replaced with the effects pop-up window while using this extension - unless it was moved somewhere else?

So, I guess my question is - was that functionality removed or reassigned somewhere? I can lock it down and move the tokens individually, but it was pretty easy to just right click and approve the move.

Thanks

Forecaster
February 17th, 2019, 22:31
Hello again folks,

I have a question - can't seem to figure if the functionality is still there or not: When my players are in a dungeon outside of combat, they move and describe what they're doing in initiative order, and I lock down their tokens for approval. Without the 5e enhancements installed, I could right click on their tokens and approve the move they made, and off the token would go. That functionality seems to have been replaced with the effects pop-up window while using this extension - unless it was moved somewhere else?

So, I guess my question is - was that functionality removed or reassigned somewhere? I can lock it down and move the tokens individually, but it was pretty easy to just right click and approve the move.

Thanks

You can middle-click aka scroll-click on the token to approve the move as well

Atreides Ghola
February 17th, 2019, 22:39
Gorgeous. Thank you!

JLBatman
February 17th, 2019, 22:54
In the original Advanced Kombat, Ken described he how he needed more room on the radial popup. Something had to go in order for him to add something he had to use. Therefore, he got rid of the approve, since it was a duplicate to "middle mouse".
Obviously, you had your answer already, but I figured I'd toss in the backdrop to why it was that way.

duddey
February 18th, 2019, 00:26
I can not mark the first layer of the Grid Toolbar. Therefore I can not enable mask mode. Someone help? ty https://imgur.com/a/oGCutIF

EDIT: Im RETARD ...was Image Enhaced ON ^^

Atreides Ghola
February 18th, 2019, 00:30
In the original Advanced Kombat, Ken described he how he needed more room on the radial popup. Something had to go in order for him to add something he had to use. Therefore, he got rid of the approve, since it was a duplicate to "middle mouse".
Obviously, you had your answer already, but I figured I'd toss in the backdrop to why it was that way.

Thanks, that's actually pretty interesting. I've just been using the radial menu, so never looked for a keystroke or mouse click to carry out the move. And, truth be told, the scroll-click is even easier.

Frank_Jager
February 18th, 2019, 13:42
Whenever interacting with NPCs, Effects or the Combat tracker I receive the following errors. Any ideas on how to clear these?

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Runtime Notice: s'5e Enhanced Combat Version check: Version is 3.3.7, and valid'
Script Notice: Loading Theogeek's Improved Critical...
Script Notice: - Will max weapon damage and roll critical die.
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (statusbar) in windowclass (ps_mainitem)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (statusbar) in windowclass (ps_mainitem)
Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_mainitem.lua"]:21: attempt to index global 'hpbar' (a nil value)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(strength) anchoring to an undefined control (hdbar) in windowclass (ps_mainitem)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(strength) anchoring to an undefined control (hdbar) in windowclass (ps_mainitem)

EDIT:

This was actually caused by a error in a different extention.

Apologies.

StoryWeaver
February 19th, 2019, 02:14
There is a strange bug with the bloodsplatters on death where it becomes massively large, saw it tonight in my own game. Much like scarymike experienced and posted above. Not seen it before tonight.

I'll look into it for v1.5.

scarymike23
February 19th, 2019, 13:59
There is a strange bug with the bloodsplatters on death where it becomes massively large, saw it tonight in my own game. Much like scarymike experienced and posted above. Not seen it before tonight.

I'll look into it for v1.5.

It seems map dependent. The original issue was on the DotMM level 1 map. I reverted it to original and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Or maybe I messed with token scale (releasing and resetting, adding and removing tokens). Not sure. But it did end up working on that map at some point.

Trenloe
February 19th, 2019, 15:24
I'm making an educated guess that the large blood spatter tokens are related to the image level token scaling factor - something that the GM can't directly change, short of releasing token scaling and re-adding tokens. Which in most cases will make it better but sometimes not...

Diablobob
February 19th, 2019, 16:48
Email sent to the coffee project one

StoryWeaver
February 19th, 2019, 17:15
I'm making an educated guess that the large blood spatter tokens are related to the image level token scaling factor - something that the GM can't directly change, short of releasing token scaling and re-adding tokens. Which in most cases will make it better but sometimes not...

They are indeed. They are scaled ratio wise in connection to the token scaling returned via the FG API.
So might be out of our hands in the end coding wise.

Did some more testing today and found the same, that it was indeed very map dependent. Particularly if using modules where I can't set it to my regular range of about 50x50 pixels without changing the map from what it was intended to be.

Lobaraptor
February 22nd, 2019, 17:32
hi there, I'm currently having a problem when clicking on effects while a token is selected, it always comes up with this popup error.

https://i.gyazo.com/7c0d3ed419ead1b81d6d5001f4010655.png

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2019, 19:24
hi there, I'm currently having a problem when clicking on effects while a token is selected, it always comes up with this popup error.

As noted when you asked the same question on Discord. Make sure you are running the latest version and that you have no other extensions which are interfering with this one.

pablomaz
February 24th, 2019, 22:58
Is it possible to adjust individual token sizes with ctrl+mouse scroll using this extension?:confused:

JLBatman
February 24th, 2019, 23:09
Yep. I think it is Alt+mouse scroll, though.

But it for sure is there, just try the other buttons.

pablomaz
February 24th, 2019, 23:32
Yep. I think it is Alt+mouse scroll, though.

But it for sure is there, just try the other buttons.

Now I feel stupid... Alt+mouse scroll works just fine. Thanks!

StoryWeaver
February 26th, 2019, 15:06

I am unable to recreate the error. For me using either the mini-effects popup panel or the default one, works without any errors, and I can freely click on effects with selected tokens.
Doing so applies or removes the effect using the mini-effects popup window, no errors occur. Dragging and dropping effects from the mini-panel onto the tokens or CT works, regardless of tokens selected.

PappaJHR
March 1st, 2019, 12:55
While I realize I am in the wrong forum for a Pathfinder question, I am not having any luck elsewhere, does anyone have any idea if someone is replicating this work for the Pathfinder rule set? As someone mentioned earlier once you get use to this extension it is very hard to live without it.

Any direction here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

JLBatman
March 1st, 2019, 14:55
Obviously, that is up to Stymir to answer, but I can say with a large degree of confidence that he has not been working on this for any rulesets beyond what was already included in the original stuff left behind by Ken, as he already has real life on his plate and this is a passion project for him.

Was it working for it before by chance? I really don't know as I only run 5e stuff.

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2019, 15:57
Obviously, that is up to Stymir to answer, but I can say with a large degree of confidence that he has not been working on this for any rulesets beyond what was already included in the original stuff left behind by Ken, as he already has real life on his plate and this is a passion project for him.

Was it working for it before by chance? I really don't know as I only run 5e stuff.

Yes, there was also a version for Pathfinder and to that he refers to, I guess :) But I do not know how well this worked because I didn't use it due to conflicts with other extensions and modules which I rather wanted to use :) But since Ken mainly played Pathfinder (when I remember correctly?) I guess that it worked well :)

LordEntrails
March 1st, 2019, 16:01
In short, Ken had a PF version of this extension, and no, no one has stepped up to replace Ken's extension for PF with one like this. But, since Ken's extension was OGL, anyone is free to do so and I suspect Stymir would be more than willing to answer any questions such a person might have.

PappaJHR
March 1st, 2019, 16:03
Yes, the very last release - I believe done by Ken - worked up until 3.3.7 released... ...it will be sorely missed, especially the ping feature...

Trenloe
March 1st, 2019, 16:25
since Ken's extension was OGL, anyone is free to do so...
GPL, not OGL - not being pedantic, there is a difference. But, as you say, with the license the code was released under anyone can pick it up and expand on it, as long as they abide by the GPL...

PappaJHR
March 1st, 2019, 16:32
In my case, the issue would not be violating the GPL as much as it would be learning to code... The last time I coded anything was in basic on a band new Apple II.

StoryWeaver
March 1st, 2019, 19:16
As I don't play Pathfinder myself, while I hear good things about it. I have been solely working on this extension with D&D 5e in mind, as that and Savage Worlds are the two systems I run.
Thus I wouldn't be able to commit the time to do so on top of everything else, nor would I know the system well enough to be comfortable doing so.

Having said that I have seen some remnants of Pathfinder conditions, graphics and such in the original codebase. So it wouldn't surprise me if the extension worked relatively well at least at some level with Pathfinder still.
You could give it a go by opening up the extension.xml file at the root of the extensions and changing the <name>5e</name> name to whatever ruleset designator name Pathfinder has for its extensions:

[code]
<root version="3.0" release="1">

<properties>
<name>5e Combat Enhancer</name>
<version>1.4.2</version>

<author>Styrmir</author>
<description>5e Combat Enhancer</description>

<ruleset>
<name>5E</name>

<!--

<maxrelease>8</maxrelease>
<minrelease>7</minrelease>
-->
</ruleset>

</properties>

That aside I'll soon be uploading a new version of the 5e Combat Enhancer, v1.5.0. onto GitHub. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, time allowing from work and other things.
So anyone would be welcome to branch it off for a Pathfinder version if they'd want to, as long as I'm given credit for my part of the work within. :)

I'm currently working out the steps to solve a somewhat complicated math problem and converting it into code to work on a pixel and grid basis. Once that is done v1.5.0 should be ready for release! I have some pretty great things in store that I've been working on in my spare time over the past few weeks.

Three of Swords
March 2nd, 2019, 01:45
They are indeed. They are scaled ratio wise in connection to the token scaling returned via the FG API.
So might be out of our hands in the end coding wise.

Did some more testing today and found the same, that it was indeed very map dependent. Particularly if using modules where I can't set it to my regular range of about 50x50 pixels without changing the map from what it was intended to be.

I just started having the blood splatter size problem and was rereading to see if I had missed something on how to fix it. It seems not.

So I'm sure you've noticed, but not all the blood splatter files are the same size in pixels. Is this somehow related to the problem?

Stripe_dog
March 2nd, 2019, 22:59
I'm wondering if there's a technical reason for making token that hit 0 HP go to the second layer, or is this just to make it easier for other tokens to sit atop them? If it isn't strictly necessary, can that function be made a toggle? With my group, party members being able to cast healing spells on downed allies directly would be far more convenient than being able to walk over them.

JLBatman
March 2nd, 2019, 23:21
Well, they can heal them, actually. If they toss it on the combat tracker, it will heal them and automagically put that token back onto the 3rd layer.
That help?

Stripe_dog
March 3rd, 2019, 00:05
Well, they can heal them, actually. If they toss it on the combat tracker, it will heal them and automagically put that token back onto the 3rd layer.
That help?

Of course, why didn't I think of that? My group tends to forget all the ways effects and characters can interact, I'll have to get them to remember this.

Halfront
March 4th, 2019, 14:28
Chrisbadger,
You can still "target" a "dead" icon as long as it is in the CT like JL stated and have the PC cast heal or whatever spell:) You would Ctrl+Lclick the CT icon of the player to get healed - since the "dead" icon is on a different layer now.

Frank_Jager
March 4th, 2019, 19:25
Does anyone know of a way to get the functionality from the NPC - Inventory extension added into Combat Enhanced? I've tried looking at the LUA code myself as was hesitant to just copy and paste straight over, looks like theres a conflict with what Combat Enhanced does with the NPC entries with what NPC-Inventory does with the same entries.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Whaley
March 5th, 2019, 20:43
Hey all, just wanted to post some Module conflict that I found. If you use the Player Image Auto Size module it prevents the use of the layers function of this module. I really wanted to use both of them since I do in person games and the player image auto size module allows for the squares to be 1" when displayed on the TV. But I would rather use the Combat enhancer module. Anyway hope we can get these two icons to mesh together.

Trenloe
March 5th, 2019, 21:28
Hey all, just wanted to post some Module conflict that I found. If you use the Player Image Auto Size module it prevents the use of the layers function of this module. I really wanted to use both of them since I do in person games and the player image auto size module allows for the squares to be 1" when displayed on the TV. But I would rather use the Combat enhancer module. Anyway hope we can get these two icons to mesh together.
The Player Image size code is compatible with layers in the enhanced image extension. It wouldn't make sense to try to make that compatible with the combat enhancer extension, so the code would need to be ported into the Combat enhancer extension if Styrmir feels like it's worth spending time on...

Whaley
March 10th, 2019, 04:46
So I updated the module...now when a player has been knocked unconscious I get a giant yellow explanation point marker above their token, i'm talking like 3 squares by 3 square triangle. How do I fix this? I can't resize it at all, tried each layer but no avail. Thanks.

Zacchaeus
March 10th, 2019, 09:47
So I updated the module...now when a player has been knocked unconscious I get a giant yellow explanation point marker above their token, i'm talking like 3 squares by 3 square triangle. How do I fix this? I can't resize it at all, tried each layer but no avail. Thanks.
Have you checked to see if it’s another module conflict?

shawn2489
March 10th, 2019, 17:25
Hey, I love this extension, wanted to know if there was anywhere i could give feedback other then in this form?
Also was wondering if there was anywhere i could donate to the work you put into it.

Anyways a feature that im not sure how much work it would be to implement if you even thought it was a good idea would be add the Current HPs extension as well.

Kyuss11
March 10th, 2019, 19:53
How do we get the skull icon for death in your picture from the main page. All that's in the download file is blood and aa ping images. I'm also having the issue with the yellow ! point over my token when down to 0 hp. I have no other conflicting ext loaded.
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1012: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

Whaley
March 10th, 2019, 23:42
Have you checked to see if it’s another module conflict?

Yes, I have disabled all other modules and the icon is still huge.26665

Whaley
March 10th, 2019, 23:52
1 more issue I am having, so Wednesday I decided to lock my players tokens and I would accept their movement however I see their requested movement but I no longer have the accept movement icon...did some searching but didn't see anything on this issue...

Kyuss11
March 11th, 2019, 00:37
1 more issue I am having, so Wednesday I decided to lock my players tokens and I would accept their movement however I see their requested movement but I no longer have the accept movement icon...did some searching but didn't see anything on this issue...

I noticed this too,but if you hover over there position on where there moving and press the scroll wheel on your mouse it will work.

Whaley
March 11th, 2019, 00:54
I noticed this too,but if you hover over there position on where there moving and press the scroll wheel on your mouse it will work.
YES!!!! This worked! Thank you!

Zacchaeus
March 11th, 2019, 01:28

That option was removed to make way for another button if I remember correctly and because you can use the middle mouse button anyway.

Trenloe
March 11th, 2019, 18:50
Yes, I have disabled all other modules and the icon is still huge.26665
It's a token scaling issue. Try releasing token scale (right-click on any token on the middle map layer - you may need to add a token just to do that). You may then need to delete all tokens from that layer (again, via the right-click menu) - then try increasing HP above 0 and then reducing down to 0 to see what the size of the "!" icon is now.

StoryWeaver
March 11th, 2019, 18:53
Version 1.5.0 Released!

Download links to GitHub are in the first post.

v1.5.0 (March 11, 2019) (major features)
PROJECT DOWNLOADS AND UPDATES MOVED TO GitHub
- Folder with install versions added to GitHub, including compressed .ext file for extension folder and extra graphics folder needed.
- Added README.md file for GitHub.
- Ping on map moved to ctrl + shift + left-click on map. [scripts/manager_ping.lua : doPing(x,y,imgctl)]
- Restructure: Renamed folder containing blood splatter and other token graphics for the extension from 'items' to 'Combat Enhancer'.
Changed code references to the new folder name.
- Refractoring, renaming, restructuring and removing of unused and active functions for future transparency in 5e_combat_enhancer.lua.
- Menu setting to modify the size of the font for showing token height. small/medium/large options. [extension.xml, graphics/graphics_fonts.xml, 5e_combat_enhancer : registerMenuItems(), scripts/manager_height.lua : createHeightWidget]
- Menu setting to skip actors in CT that haven't rolled initiative. [extension.xml, 5e_combat_enhancer : registerMenuItems(), scripts/manager_combat : nextActor ]
- Menu setting to switch between new horizontal health bars and the default vertical ones. [extension.xml, scripts/5e_combat_enhancer : registerMenuItems(); scripts/manager_token2.lua : updateHealthHelper, updateHealthBarScaleHorizontal, updateHealthBarScaleDefault; graphics/graphics_icons.xml ]
- Bloodsplatter size scaling toned down a little. [scripts/manager_token2.lua : createSplatter -> local bloodPrototypesScale]-
- Menu setting to enable using automated flanking rules (advantage on attack if conscious ally opposite of target). Currently only for medium sized actors and targets.
- Menu setting of automatic disadvantage if within melee range, while attacking with ranged weapon, if actor doesn't have the Crossbow Feat.
- Menu Setting for automatic ranged attack modifiers with ranged weapons, against single a target for current Actor in CT.
[scripts/5e_combat_enhancer: ]
[added scripts/manager_action_attack.lua from 5e Ruleset]
[scripts/manager_action_attack.lua: modAttack]
[campaign/scripts/image.lua: onMeasurePointer]
- Menu item setting. [extension.xml, 5e_combat_enhancer: registerMenuItems(), scripts/manager_action_attack : getRoll]
If attacking with a ranged weapon (for up to 10 weapon items list on Actions tab):
- If in melee, a disadvantage is automatically added. This checks for any enemies that are within melee reach (this could be 5' or 10' etc, depending the reach of the enemy) of the actor and not uncoscious, a message is displayed in the chat window.
- If between long and max range, a disadvantage is automatically added, a message is displayed in the chat window.
- If beyond max range, a message is displayed in the chat window.
- Exceptions included:
If target prone, disadvantage added. This is already part of FG core functionality when condition has been applied.
Feat: Crossbow Expert (for PC): Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls. Logic added.
Feat: Sharpshooter (for PC): Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Logic added.
- Shadow tokens added for player tokens while in background (mask) and middle layers for the GM. To make player token movements visible to the GM while on those layers.
These are updates made by Trenloe to his Enhanced Images Extension that I implemented over. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)
[campaign/scripts/updated_imagewindow.lua: showlayer, added setTokensPlayerLayerMoveHandler, added playLayerTokenMoved]
- Button added to image menu to toggle between top (play) and bottom (background) layer. (saves going through two-click to see background notes and back)
[campaign/record_image.xml, common/template_toolbar.xml, /graphics/toolbar/tool_layers_toggle_play_and_background_30.png]
- Bug fix: Holding down alt while mouse wheel scrolling over token produced error (token resize). Fixed. [scripts/manager_token2.lua : onScaleChanged]
- Bug fix: Height changes didn't update range correctly for actor when target changed altitude. Fixed. [scripts/manager_height.lua]

Token Helper Support Extension Released
v1.0.0 (March 11th, 2019)
- Created token_helper.lua [scripts/token_helper.lua]
APIs for handling various token related calls and queries.
- Created ranged_attacks.lua [scripts/ranged_attacks.lua]
Handles automatic ranged attack modifiers.
Finds ranged weapon ranges by looking up their range in the database.
Usable from character sheet or CT, for players and NPCs.
Finds actual distance betwen tokens on map, including height differences.
Compares weapon range to attack distance on the map.
Includes logic for feats that have an effect on this, the Crossbow feat and Sharpshooter feat.
Considers if there are active enemy in melee range (of 5').
Active meaning not suffering from the following conditions: Incapacitated, Paralyzed, Petrified, Restrained, Stunned, Unconscious.
Only for medium and smaller sized tokens, 1 grid of width.
Prints out message information about the ranged attack, weapon name, ranges, actual range, conditions the attack took place under.
- Created 5e_flanking.lua [scripts/5e_flanking.lua]
Automatic flanking advantage given if active ally found opposite of side of enemy the actor is attacking.
Active meaning not suffering from the following conditions: Incapacitated, Paralyzed, Petrified, Restrained, Stunned, Unconscious.
Prints out message notifying of a flanking melee attack if applicable.
Only for medium and smaller sized tokens, 1 grid of width.

Help Out

I've spent countless working on this extension often late into the night to update and add to it since December of 2018.

If you enjoy the extension and would like to show your appreciation or support future development of it. There's a couple of things you could do.

It would help me a lot if you "starred" the GitHub projects by clicking the star at the top right of the GitHub pages.

I've also been given an explicit exception by SmiteWorks to accept donations and contributions for my work on this extensions, as long as it always remains free to Fantasy Grounds users here through the forums.
Here is a direct PayPal link that you can use to send me any contributions you feel happy to send my way. :)

https://www.paypal.me/StyrmirDonationBox (ps. PayPal takes the following of any donation, 2.9% + $0.30 USD per transaction)

Whaley
March 12th, 2019, 03:46
It's a token scaling issue. Try releasing token scale (right-click on any token on the middle map layer - you may need to add a token just to do that). You may then need to delete all tokens from that layer (again, via the right-click menu) - then try increasing HP above 0 and then reducing down to 0 to see what the size of the "!" icon is now.
I updated to the latest version, then did what you said, seems to work, a little finicky but workable. I play again on wednesday so if I still have issues I will post about it afterwards but I think all will be well again. It seemed as though the scales were different on each layer. I'm somewhat new to the layers thing so...yeah, at least I learn fast...lol

RedmondStache
March 12th, 2019, 04:19
Great work, as always! Just one question from me:

- Menu setting to enable using automated flanking rules (advantage on attack if conscious ally opposite of target). Currently only for medium sized actors and targets.

Could you also provide options to use +2 or +5 instead of advantage? While the variant rule in the DMG only calls for advantage, I find that to be a bit too strong a reward, and instead use +2 in my games. Having flanks automated would be a great help, but I'm a bit wary of using this feature if it's going to be throwing advantage around.

Tyrannosaurus VeX
March 12th, 2019, 08:16
Ok, so at first I thought I was having a seizure or I was doing something really wrong ... turns out, I wasn't.

Your link to the new Token Helper extension goes to the GitHub for the Combat Enhancer extension, lol

Of course, you pasted the raw text link, so I could copy/paste and get it, but you might want to fix that!

Love your extension BTW, and all of my players do to. Keep up the great work.

EDIT: Also, just a suggestion for future updates -- I love that overlay that gets put on a dying PC, but once they are dying, their token is no longer targetable. I'm wondering if it's because their token gets put on the middle or background layer, if we had an option to not do that for PC's, that would be cool. Also, if you're taking votes, the above suggestion for a +2/+5 flanking option would be amazing.

Egheal
March 12th, 2019, 10:08
Thanks for this awesome extension, you deserve my humble donation and i hope a lot of us will tip you for that gem.
Note that it doesn't work with the "Dev" release (has expected i think), i haven't tried the "Test" release.

Trenloe
March 12th, 2019, 14:22
Note that it doesn't work with the "Dev" release (has expected i think)
The dev release changes regularly and without notice - it’s meant for the man in FG developers. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to use it unless they have been instructed to do so by the FG devs.

Any community extension writer shouldnt even consider making their work compatible with the ever changing "dev" environment. I wouldn’t even expect them to keep pace with the "test" environment either.

HuseyinCinar
March 12th, 2019, 23:19
A new support extension that contains a number of required API called functions for 5e Combat Enhancer extension to be fully functional: https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-Core-RPG-Token-Helper

I can't find this extension? The link goes to the same place but there's only 1 extension under Install Versions folder?

Tyrannosaurus VeX
March 12th, 2019, 23:26
I can't find this extension? The link goes to the same place but there's only 1 extension under Install Versions folder?

I had the same issue. The link in the forum is bad, but the text of the link isn't. Just copy the url and paste it. It will take you to the Token Helper GitHub where you can download it.

scarymike23
March 13th, 2019, 00:11
Thanks for the update! I just donated, as I really appreciate this extension.

Anyone else not able to get the "Ping" to work in 1.5.0? Shift-CTRL-Left click does nothing. Blood spatters are working, so I know the image files are in the right place. Thanks all!

Three of Swords
March 13th, 2019, 00:17
Sweet, a donation box! Thank you for setting it up.

And thank you once again for keeping this extension alive. This extension is what keeps me from even considering going back to Roll20 like one or two of my players would like. :)

Tyrannosaurus VeX
March 13th, 2019, 01:21
I'm having an issue with the blood splatter fx. I'm not sure what exactly the issue is, but I was running at 1.5x default blood splatter, and that was a LOT.

Now, if I load the token helper, the blood splatter is not scaling up at all, and if I disable it, I have to turn it up to 3x default to get near the splatter fx I was getting before.

Three of Swords
March 13th, 2019, 01:40
Now, if I load the token helper, the blood splatter is not scaling up at all, and if I disable it, I have to turn it up to 3x default to get near the splatter fx I was getting before.

Styrmir did list "Bloodsplatter size scaling toned down a little" as one of his patch notes. Perhaps this is the difference.

StoryWeaver
March 13th, 2019, 02:02
First of all thank you all of you whom have donated so far, it is greatly appreciated and helps to keep me motivated! :D

@Redmostache
I've added code options for giving you +2 or +5 modifiers instead of advantage. The menu item now has 4 options Off/Advantage/+2/+5.
This will be part of patch v1.5.1.

@Tyrannosaurus VeX
Thank you for pointing out the broken link, I've now fixed it on the main page. No Idea why it did that.

You can still apply heals and interact with the player via the combat tracker. Once the player is above 0 hp's they will be returned to the top layer. The reason this is like this is to be able to draw the icon on top without the player being able to move their tokens from underneath it. That said, I've had similar thoughts myself, that it would be more convenient if it didn't move the player token to the middle layer. But for now at least the CT will do, I might look into it, but changing it might break some things so not make it worthwhile.

+2/+5 flanking, see my answer to Redmostache above.

Blood splatter has been looking pretty good in my testing so far, mind you it is somewhat map dependent how it turns out. I'll run some more tests when I get the time.

@scarymike23
Thanks for letting me know, it was a bug, I've fixed it and will include the fix in the next patch v1.5.1. :)

ReignOfChaos
March 13th, 2019, 02:11
Thanks for the updates to this extension, they seem awesome so far, though I'm having some technical issues that I'm wondering if someone could help me resolve, if possible. I updated the extension from 1.4.2 to 1.5 (reading the installation instructions for the token helper and the main ext), and now whenever I try to make a ranged attack I get the following script errors

"Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:202: attempt to index local 'rTarget' (a nil value)"
"Script Error: [string "scripts/token_helper.lua"]:37: attempt to index local 'token' (a nil value)"

I tried running through a few troubleshooting options, first I created a new FG campaign with only this extension enabled and I was able to get it to work as expected. Initially I thought that it could have been a conflict of some sort, but now I'm not so sure.
I then tried disabling all extensions in my main campaign and I got the same errors as above. Disabling the automatic ranged modifiers option reverts the functionality back to pre 1.5. I'm not sure what I should try next, but for now I'll have to go back to 1.4.2.

StoryWeaver
March 13th, 2019, 02:23
@ReignOfChaos
In your main campaign. Try the following:
1) Open a new map you've not used before.
2) Add a grid to the map (50x50 is pretty good).
3) Drop a couple of NPCs on there. Orcs are pretty good for testing as they have both melee weapons and javelins.
4) Make sure they are in the combat tracker and on the map.
5) Try to make some javelin attacks with the ranged modifier option on.

Let me know how that goes.

If that all works, add a player one by one, each time trying again.
Let me know how that goes.

It is important that your targets are both on combat tracker and map. As the extension gets the information from the CT so it can look up details from the database, such as weapon ranges. And the token needs to be on the map so the extension can calculate ranges and other such things.

ps. You don't have to switch versions of the extension. You can just switch of the automatic ranged modifier option in the menu.

ReignOfChaos
March 13th, 2019, 03:08
@Styrmir
Thank you for your response! I just tried what you suggested and I managed to get it to work on a new map with some Orc NPC's and eventually with a few PC's. As you mentioned before, it seems that the errors I was getting are only produced when you roll an attack without a direct target.

So far this new update is amazing, though I noticed that ranged spell attacks don't report their range correctly.
"The ranged weapon attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Fire Bolt (0/0) from 17 feet."

The last thing I noticed is extremely minor, but when I made a ranged attack with the javelin at exactly the maximum range of the weapon, it doesn't roll with disadvantage or output anything in the chat so it might not be checking that edge case in the code.
Thanks again for your hard work on this essential extension.
Cheers.

StoryWeaver
March 13th, 2019, 18:33
@ReignofChaos
Thank you for the bug report.

I've added code the handle the exception when you roll directly from your sheet or CT but don't have a target selected.

Originally the range code was intended only for weapons. I'm testing out some code additions to handle ranged spells as well.

I've made changes to the code to include the edge cases.

All of the above will be rolled out with v1.5.1.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the new update! :)

StoryWeaver
March 13th, 2019, 19:36
The automatic range modifier code will now include ranged spells which have an attack option, as well as weapons.
This will be included in the v1.5.1. patch when that comes out.

HuseyinCinar
March 13th, 2019, 20:39
How does the new ranged attacks thing work with Variant/Standard option in FG. There is an optional rule in the DMG about going diagonals. Does the app reflect which option is chosen in the Cog menu/Options?

Also, maybe I'm being rude saying this, but can v.1.5.1 be a very light update which fixes the spell range chat output, which you have already fixed? The chat gets bombarded right now with spell attacks "out of range" warning and when you make a ranged attack with an enemy in 5ft, you get two different chat output as well saying similar things.

StoryWeaver
March 13th, 2019, 22:33
@HuseyInCinar

The range calculated is actual range in the vertical and horizontal plane. Not the game rule approximations.

I am collecting hot fixes before releasing 1.5.1. So while I do test things quite a bit before release, I don't have a dedicated testing department or anything to find all the possible issues that might come up. So I have to in part, rely on user feedback.
So I'm going to give it a little longer to see if anything else comes up before pushing out the fixes. Probably next week, the patch is intended to fix any larger issues or bugs that may rear their ugly head.

Until then you can turn off the automatic range modifiers if you prefer.

HuseyinCinar
March 14th, 2019, 08:19
Thank you for all your work. I'm sorry if I was being rude. You need to know how important this extension is, and what great job you're doing it by taking over. I love everything it adds to my game!

StoryWeaver
March 14th, 2019, 11:48
Not to worry, glad to hear how impactful the extension is. So thank you for the kind words, it won't be long until I push out the update. ;)

StoryWeaver
March 14th, 2019, 15:32
Blood splatter scaling issue is resolved, menu scaling options being re-balanced to reflect changes. Will be included in v1.5.1.

ArmandVestibule
March 15th, 2019, 18:38
Will you prefer to keep bug reports in this thread or will you be using the Issues feature in GitHub? I see that many of the bugs I encountered in my playthrough of 1.5.0 have been addressed but having a central, indexed repository of past and current issues may be helpful.

Great work, otherwise!

Tideturner
March 15th, 2019, 20:34
Hi,

A couple of bugs noticed in 1.5 with ranged attack in the token helper extension.

1. If the map where the tokens are placed is not currently open, this error will be thrown:
Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:214: attempt to index local 'ctrlImage' (a nil value)

2. If there is an actor in the combat tracker that does not have a token on the map, and you do a ranged attack, this error will be thrown.
Note: This happens with the Ranged in Melee option enabled at least.
Script Error: [string "scripts/token_helper.lua"]:38: attempt to index local 'token' (a nil value)

Edit: I now see that you answered a similar report a couple of posts up and that you list having the tokens on the map as a requirement.
I would suggest just disabling the new ranged functionality in these cases. I sometimes add an NPC in that doesn't go on the map. A trap f.ex. And sometimes we do mapless encounters. I'd rather the functionality just ignored ranged and flanking and what not in that case, instead of going in a temporarily disabling the option for that one encounter.

Regards,
Tideturner

StoryWeaver
March 15th, 2019, 21:42
@Tideturner
Thank you for the bug report. Both issues have been resolved in the latest patch coming out now.

StoryWeaver
March 15th, 2019, 21:44
5e Combat Enhancer version 1.5.1 released.

v1.5.1 (March 15th, 2019) (patch)

New flanking modifier options for menu. Off/Advantage/+2/+5. [5e_combat_enhancer: registerMenuItems, manager_action_attack: modAttack]
Bug fix: Pinging map didn't work. Fixed. [manager_ping.lua: doPing (fixed image path)]
Bug fix: Blood splatter size scaling issues. Fixed. Menu options changed to re-balance to changes. [scripts/manager_token2.lua: createSplatter, 5e_combat_enhancer.lua: registerMenuItems]

FG Core Token Helper version v1.1.1 released.

v1.1.0 (March 15th, 2019)

Include medium and long range numbers cut off numbers in distance calculations (<= instead of <) [scripts/ranged_attacks: getRangeModifier5e]
Automatic range modifiers code now includes ranged spells that have an Attack Roll (ATK) as well. [scripts/ranged_attacks.lua: getWeaponRanges5e]

v1.1.1 (March 15th, 2019)

Added exception for when no maps are open (theater of the mind combat), in that case no ranged or flanked logic is run. [scripts/ranged_attacks.lua: getRangeModifier5e, getRangeBetweenTokens5e | scripts/token_helper.lua: getTokenMap, isEnemyInMeleeRange5e, postChatMessage]

Tideturner
March 15th, 2019, 22:30
Hi Styrmir,

Thanks for the update.

The error that was caused by the map window not being open has indeed been fixed.

The other error is still there.

To reproduce:
- Add an encounter that places the NPC tokens on the map, to the combat tracker.
- Drag an extra NPC in from the NPC list. Do not drag that NPCs token to the map.
- Keep the map open.
- Make ranged attacks.

When making a ranged attack against the NPC with no token on the map:
Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:218: attempt to index local 'targetToken' (a nil value)

When making a ranged attack WITH the NPC with no token on the map:
Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:217: attempt to index local 'actorToken' (a nil value)

When making a ranged attack by any NPC to any other NPC, with an NPC in the combat tracker that has no token on the map:
Script Error: [string "scripts/token_helper.lua"]:41: attempt to index local 'token' (a nil value)

There are some inconsistencies on whether the roll is actually made or not, but I haven't figured out what that is yet. I think it might have to do with the actor having a target or not. I.e if you attack by dragging the attack action while having no target, or target an NPC and double click the attack action. In any case the errors are thrown each time.

I'll see if I can get you some more precise scenarios if you want, but it's getting late here so perhaps not today :)

Thank you for your good work,
Tideturner

StoryWeaver
March 16th, 2019, 02:41
Thanks for the feedback. Good to get the step by step of recreating the error.
I'll have a look when I get the chance.

For now, when running theater of the mind keep the map closed, as you shouldn't need it anyways if you are running theater of the mind.

Halfront
March 16th, 2019, 03:40
Styrmir,
My question is can the "effects" pop up box be coded to reposition just below the icon it is activated on? This to me would allow easier "applying" effects on tokens as right now I move the box off the token then apply the effect desired. It might just be my OCD :)

Amazing work! I don't think I'll ever run a game without 5eCE. My players looove the blood trails they leave behind!

Effects box covering token:

Effects box just below token:

edit:
Another issue I seem to see is with using the "remove from tracker" function.
As it works for me:
a - token is on top layer and I rt-click remove from tracker - token goes to bottom layer (which I believe is normal operation)
b - I go back to token on bottom layer and rt-click add to tracker. Which is does but now it is still on bottom layer??

Shouldn't the token return to the top layer? Right now I alt+left click to remove token then re-add from CT. If not then what is best practice for this remove from tracker/add to tracker function?

Egheal
March 16th, 2019, 11:52
My workaround for the ranged attack bug (i use to keep ennemies hidden in the combat tracker, not putting them on the map, so i'm sure i will get the ranged attack error often) :
just uncheck the "Automatic ranged modifiers" option and manually apply ranged disadvantages until Styrmir find a solution.

StoryWeaver
March 16th, 2019, 14:34
@Tideturner
@Bunnyhunt3r

I've made some code changes to catch all those exception scenarios, for example where map is closed, entries in CT but missing tokens on map, CT entries but no map tokens, attacking from CT entry (without token) onto token on map, etc.
This will enable you to keep the automatic range modifier and flanking logic turned on, but it won't run for the entries not fulfilling all of the conditions needed for all the background logic to make it work.

This will be rolled out with the next patch versions of the extensions.

StoryWeaver
March 16th, 2019, 19:44
@Halfront
The menu is created with its center where the mouse cursor is when you press the menu item. I spent some time moving the menu around with code changes, for now I reverted those changes as there are a number of things to consider when placing it and it could take a few hours hours to code properly for all sizes of tokens, exception circumstances, testing etc.

I've added the "add to tracker" layer movement to the list of things requested.

Frank_Jager
March 18th, 2019, 00:18
I've encountered an issue when attempting to use the Automatic flanking rules and the Ranged Combat modifier rules, these seem to be the only two affected. I'm receiving this script error, what am I doing wrong?

Script Error: [string "scripts/token_helper.lua"]:41: attempt to index local 'token' (a nil value)

StoryWeaver
March 18th, 2019, 00:34
@Frank_Jager
See above. Something in your CT isn't on the map. This has been fixed, will be released with next patch.

Frank_Jager
March 18th, 2019, 00:37
@Frank_Jager
See above. Something in your CT isn't on the map. This has been fixed, will be released with next patch.

Huh? That simple?? There's me stressing out and testing every extension I have for compatibility errors, not wanting to make myself look stupid...
And I succeeded anyway. Yay! (Simple Reading could have saved me about 30 mins)

StoryWeaver
March 18th, 2019, 02:02
*laughs* No worries.
I might end up pushing out the patch early, tomorrow even. As the exception cases seem to be affect a few of you.

I had wanted to get a thing or two more added in there as well while I was at it. But after a few hours over the weekend digging around and trying a few things in the code it's been taking longer than expected. I might end up holding on to a later date for those and just get the patch out to you first so you'll stop getting errors.

Frank_Jager
March 18th, 2019, 07:00
*laughs* No worries.
I might end up pushing out the patch early, tomorrow even. As the exception cases seem to be affect a few of you.

I had wanted to get a thing or two more added in there as well while I was at it. But after a few hours over the weekend digging around and trying a few things in the code it's been taking longer than expected. I might end up holding on to a later date for those and just get the patch out to you first so you'll stop getting errors.

For myself, given that it isn't hard to chuck everything onto a map with a grid from the CT, you just drag the three coloured icons from the bottom, I can't see myself getting many more errors. (An great side effect, at least according to me, seems to be that whenever a PC attempts a roll without a target the extension prevents that roll) Probably a bug, but works as intended as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather see Large and bigger sizes creatures added before bug fixes especially for something so easy, but I also see to be a huge fan of feature creep in developments so... Probably not wise to take my advice.

StoryWeaver
March 18th, 2019, 15:13
5e Combat Enhancer Version 1.5.2 released.
v1.5.2 (March 18th, 2019) (patch)
* Added conditions checking function call before running ranged modifier logic. This was done to cover various situations, such as when running theater of the mind combat, entries on CT but missing or no tokens on map, no map open, attacking from CT entry (without token) onto token on map, etc. [scripts/manager_action_attack.lua: modAttack]

Token Helper Version 1.1.2 released.
* Added conditions checking function before running ranged modifier logic. This was done to cover various situations, such as when running theater of the mind combat, entries on CT but missing or no tokens on map, no map open, attacking from CT entry (without token) onto token on map, etc. [scripts/ranged_attacks.lua: checkConditions]
* Exception added for missing token on map, that has CT entry [scripts/token_helper.lua: getTokenMap]

Egheal
March 18th, 2019, 19:05
Now it is just perfect ! FG is really great with this extension, no need for the Unity version imho (except for the IPv6 problem and the 64bits memory improvement though).

Tyrannosaurus VeX
March 18th, 2019, 19:09
Now it is just perfect ! FG is really great with this extension, no need for the Unity version imho (except for the IPv6 problem and the 64bits memory improvement though).

I agree with the sentiment, but they've spent so much money making Unity, and I do think it will be a great improvement and this extension should continue to make it even better when it comes out and Styrmir gets it working in Unity.

HuseyinCinar
March 18th, 2019, 19:11
Already downloaded! Exactly half an hour before tonight's game. nice

Egheal
March 18th, 2019, 22:44
Sadly i think i found a bug on 1.5.2, using a ranged spell attack : the attack is resolved properly but the range is wrongly calculated.
For example, using ray of frost, you can read in the chat :"The ranged attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Ray of Frost (0) from 53 feet".

Tyrannosaurus VeX
March 18th, 2019, 23:17
Sadly i think i found a bug on 1.5.2, using a ranged spell attack : the attack is resolved properly but the range is wrongly calculated.
For example, using ray of frost, you can read in the chat :"The ranged attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Ray of Frost (0) from 53 feet".

I just tested it. Worked for me ... do you have the range correctly entered for your Ray of Frost?

Egheal
March 18th, 2019, 23:45
I tried ray of frost, fire bolt,ray of enfeeblement,melf's acid arrow, and i get the same "OUT OF RANGE" sentence, with the "(0) from xx feet". xx is the actual range of the target from the 10 to >70 feet i tried. No range like "(60)" or other range noted in the chat.
I turned off all my other extensions (DOE Sound and Base, NPC Savour, Current HP, Druid Wild Shape) for the same result.
I don't see where is the problem but it is clearly on my side so there is no bug. Time to sleep now, perhaps with a good rest i will figure out the problem :), thanks !

Egheal
March 18th, 2019, 23:48
Omg... I found the problem... My test character is a Warlock, not a Wizard, and it seems that putting Wizard spells on a Warlock template cause this mess. I'm dumb and so sorry guys. It is working with a wizard character...:dead:

StoryWeaver
March 19th, 2019, 02:18
Glad to hear you found out where you went wrong, happy gaming! :)

drakowulf
March 20th, 2019, 17:50
"- Shift + scroll while hovering over a token, gives you an altitude counter for example, and the distance to your target is actually calculated with the height in mind." from the first post.

This doesn't exactly work on Macs. I have a mouse plugged in and using the wheel while holding Shift doesn't work. But using the track pad gives me the flight Counter.

Also, I've set the status icons as "Tiny" but the Flight Counter thing is HUUUGGGEEEE. Is there a way to make it smaller as well?

I have this same issue. I'm using a MacBook Pro running FG 3.3.7, Combat Enhancer 1.5.1, Token Helper 1.1.2.

All other modifier keys work fine with scrolling (control - scroll rotates the token, option/alt - scroll scales the token). When I shift - left click, it opens the applicable sheet fine. When I shift - scroll though, I get nothing. Nothing appears in the console log either. If I use the built-in touchpad to scroll while holding shift, it works fine, and I get the desired result.

I'm running in a Windows 10 Pro Parallels VM. I use a full-size Mac bluetooth keyboard and a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse. I know there may be other factors at work here. Mac has its own settings for the mouse. Logitech Options has a series of settings. Parallels has some keyboard mappings as well. I made sure there were no custom mappings involving the shift key.

The issue is linked to Parallels (and Parallels Tools) overriding shift-scrolling to horizontal scroll, I think. The support team tells me there is no way to override this.

Is there any way we can get a different modifier key for altitude in this extension? Maybe control+shift, some other combination, or the ability to set the combo in options?

Bonkon
March 21st, 2019, 07:49
Good Day All :)
I tried to load this extension (version 1.5.x) and when I try to do a ranged attack it gives the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:258: attempt to index global 'RangedAttack' (a nil value)

I tried starting a new campaign and this was the only extension running. I am sure it is something I placed in a wrong spot or something :)

I did put the Combat Enhancer folder in the Tokens/Host folder.

I reverted back to version 1.4.2 and the error is gone.

drakowulf
March 21st, 2019, 12:49
Good Day All :)
I tried to load this extension (version 1.5.x) and when I try to do a ranged attack it gives the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:258: attempt to index global 'RangedAttack' (a nil value)

I tried starting a new campaign and this was the only extension running. I am sure it is something I placed in a wrong spot or something :)

I did put the Combat Enhancer folder in the Tokens/Host folder.

I reverted back to version 1.4.2 and the error is gone.

This happened to me too. You need to have the Token Helper (https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-Core-RPG-Token-Helper) extension installed and activated in the campaign to make the ranged attack options and flanking melee options work.

Tideturner
March 21st, 2019, 14:20
Hi Styrmir, and others.

Having played a few sessions as DM with this extension enabled, I find that I often get confused with the NPC highlighting, the combat tracker jumping back and forth, and it constantly demanding focus.
(I.e my thoughts here are from a DM/Host perspective, have not used it as a player)

This is not an error report or anything, and neither is it an expression of dissatisfaction, but I'm hoping we could perhaps have a small discussion about those features. I mean, I enjoy them, I just think they're a bit too insistent. Just airing some thoughts :)

Anybody else being a bit confused by this? It might be that it is just my brain being too easily distracted by those two squirrels over there, I mean look at them, so.. so fidgety...

I'll try to sum up my preference on clicking/highlighting/CT focusing:
- I would prefer that the NPCs are not highlighted, and the combat tracker not brought to the foreground, unless I explicitly tell it to.
- I would prefer that the combat tracker not jumped to the NPC I just clicked on.
- The highlighting I would find more useful if it showed me all characters that are currently selected (or targeted), instead of whomever I last clicked on.
- I would prefer, generally, highlighted NPCs not being expanded.

Note, these click I refer to is clicking tokens on the map. I'm quite pleased with the token highlighting on the map when you mouse over an NPC in the combat tracker.

I tried to map out how the extension does the various click, and how my preference is for that click.

Shift + Left click token
- NPC is added to selection group.
- NPC info window opened.
- NPC highlighted in combat tracker.
- Combat tracker jumps to NPC.
- Combat tracker jumps to foreground

My preference:
- NPC is added to selection group

Double click token
- Works as two single left click. I.e. quickly selects then deselects (or opposite of already selected)

My preference:
- NPC is expanded in combat tracker
- No NPC selection/deselection
(Note, I'm not sure if extensions can touch selection code, so the quick select/deselect might be FG stock functionality?)

Left click token
- NPC is selected

My preference:
- NPC is selected

Ctrl click token
- NPC is targeted by selected NPCs

My preference:
- NPC is targetted by selected NPCs

Alt click token
- NPC is deleted from map

My preference:
- I dunno. This is fine?

Alt+Ctrl click token
- NPC is deleted from map and combat tracker

My preference:
- I dunno. This is fine too?

Anyone have any thoughts about this. Or am I all alone in the void? :)

Regards,
Tideturner

Trenloe
March 21st, 2019, 16:13
You need to have the Token Helper (https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-Core-RPG-Token-Helper) extension installed and activated in the campaign to make the ranged attack options and flanking melee options work.

@Styrmir - if the main extension relies on another extension, I'd recommend setting it to have a dependency on the token helper extension in the main combat enhancer extension. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/properties.xcp and also see any DOE as these are set to depend on the DOE base extension.

You'll get a few people posting "why does my extension have a red X against it?" if they don't have the dependent extension - but it will hopefully save time and issues for most people in the long run.

drakowulf
March 21st, 2019, 23:33
I have this same issue. I'm using a MacBook Pro running FG 3.3.7, Combat Enhancer 1.5.1, Token Helper 1.1.2.

All other modifier keys work fine with scrolling (control - scroll rotates the token, option/alt - scroll scales the token). When I shift - left click, it opens the applicable sheet fine. When I shift - scroll though, I get nothing. Nothing appears in the console log either. If I use the built-in touchpad to scroll while holding shift, it works fine, and I get the desired result.

I'm running in a Windows 10 Pro Parallels VM. I use a full-size Mac bluetooth keyboard and a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse. I know there may be other factors at work here. Mac has its own settings for the mouse. Logitech Options has a series of settings. Parallels has some keyboard mappings as well. I made sure there were no custom mappings involving the shift key.

The issue is linked to Parallels (and Parallels Tools) overriding shift-scrolling to horizontal scroll, I think. The support team tells me there is no way to override this.

Is there any way we can get a different modifier key for altitude in this extension? Maybe control+shift, some other combination, or the ability to set the combo in options?

To answer my own post:

I made some edits to the manager_height.lua script file. I've never programmed in Lua before. There might be a better way to do this. First I tried with control and shift, and the shift key was failing to be recognized again.
I've tested this. It retains the original functionality of just pressing control and alt independently.

function onWheel(target, notches)

if Input.isControlPressed() then
if Input.isAltPressed() then
--Debug.console("Hey control and alt are down on a token " .. target.getId());
if not hasHeightWidget(target) then
createHeightWidget(target);
else
if notches > 0 then
doIncreaseHeight(notches,target);
else
doDecreaseHeight(notches,target);
end
end
-- rotate token
else
target.setOrientation((target.getOrientation()+not ches)%8);
end

elseif Input.isAltPressed() then
-- resize token
local scale = target.getScale();
scale = scale + notches/10;
if scale <= 0.1 then scale = 0.1 end
target.setScale(scale);
end

return true;
end

Bonkon
March 21st, 2019, 23:40
This happened to me too. You need to have the Token Helper (https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-Core-RPG-Token-Helper) extension installed and activated in the campaign to make the ranged attack options and flanking melee options work.

Good Day Drakowulf :)
That did it, the sad part is I had that downloaded but forgot to enable the Token Helper not seeing it as Core RPG- Token Helper :p
It still does not do the Disadvantage for long range, but at least it is a step in the right direction :)

Game starts in a couple hours so I will not mess with it right now :)

Three of Swords
March 22nd, 2019, 00:12
Hi Styrmir, and others.

Having played a few sessions as DM with this extension enabled, I find that I often get confused with the NPC highlighting, the combat tracker jumping back and forth, and it constantly demanding focus.
(I.e my thoughts here are from a DM/Host perspective, have not used it as a player)

This is not an error report or anything, and neither is it an expression of dissatisfaction, but I'm hoping we could perhaps have a small discussion about those features. I mean, I enjoy them, I just think they're a bit too insistent. Just airing some thoughts :)

Anybody else being a bit confused by this? It might be that it is just my brain being too easily distracted by those two squirrels over there, I mean look at them, so.. so fidgety...

I'll try to sum up my preference on clicking/highlighting/CT focusing:
- I would prefer that the NPCs are not highlighted, and the combat tracker not brought to the foreground, unless I explicitly tell it to.
- I would prefer that the combat tracker not jumped to the NPC I just clicked on.
- The highlighting I would find more useful if it showed me all characters that are currently selected (or targeted), instead of whomever I last clicked on.
- I would prefer, generally, highlighted NPCs not being expanded.

Note, these click I refer to is clicking tokens on the map. I'm quite pleased with the token highlighting on the map when you mouse over an NPC in the combat tracker.

I tried to map out how the extension does the various click, and how my preference is for that click.

Shift + Left click token
- NPC is added to selection group.

My preference:
- NPC is added to selection group

Double click token
- Works as two single left click. I.e. quickly selects then deselects (or opposite of already selected)

My preference:
- NPC is expanded in combat tracker
- No NPC selection/deselection
(Note, I'm not sure if extensions can touch selection code, so the quick select/deselect might be FG stock functionality?)

Left click token
- NPC is selected

My preference:
- NPC is selected

Ctrl click token
- NPC is targeted by selected NPCs

My preference:
- NPC is targetted by selected NPCs

Alt click token
- NPC is deleted from map

My preference:
- I dunno. This is fine?

Alt+Ctrl click token
- NPC is deleted from map and combat tracker

My preference:
- I dunno. This is fine too?

Anyone have any thoughts about this. Or am I all alone in the void? :)

Regards,
Tideturner

Personally, it took me a while to get used to the way it currently works. But now that I have, I like it. A lot. Please don't change it. :)

Tyrannosaurus VeX
March 22nd, 2019, 00:15
Personally, it took me a while to get used to the way it currently works. But now that I have, I like it. A lot. Please don't change it. :)

Same here. Changing the short cuts now would be a real pain.

StoryWeaver
March 24th, 2019, 14:21
A special thank you to those of you who have donated for the extension! Having put so much work into making it what it is today, it is so nice to see that my work is appreciated. Allowing me to buy a few drinks or meals. *raises a drink in your honor* :)

@Trenloe
Thank you, good suggestion. I'll add some dependencies to the next version.

@drakowulf
It seems very specific to your or mac setups, don't have one myself so can't test it out. But glad to hear you've found what works for you and thanks for sharing the code changes as they might be useful for someone else as well.

@Tideturner / Three of Swords / Tyrranosaurus Vex
I appreciate your feedback Tideturner. However in this case given my own usage, feedback from other users and the amount of work these changes would require. I'll keep things the way they are. If you really want to change these things for yourself then all of the 5e Combat Enhancer extension code is available free on GitHub from the first page of this thread.

AlphaDecay
March 25th, 2019, 18:19
I jumped from version 1.4.2 to 1.5.2 plus the new icon helper extension version 1.1.2. When I load a campaign and zoom a map the tokens move around on the map (are scaled) even though scale and tokens are locked. Also, when a user connects they get a massively zoomed in version of the map that can't be zoomed out on and the token isn't visible. If I disable the icon helper extension things look normal (although I didn't put it through its paces with effects and actions). Do I have to use the token helper extension? If I don't, what do I lose? If I have to, is there any way to get tokens and zooming to behave? I already tried nuking the cache and unsharing and resharing images and that didn't seem to work either.

Trenloe
March 25th, 2019, 18:53
When I load a campaign and zoom a map the tokens move around on the map (are scaled) even though scale and tokens are locked.
Does the map have a grid? If so, do you see the grid moving as well - is it moving across all 3 layers, or is the grid moving together? The reason I ask this is to determine if this is a image layer issue (one or more of the layers becoming out of sync) or if this is a token issue. If a layer issue - what size us the image? Is this a file you've added to the campaign, not a module file? If so, have you resized the image outside of FG and kept the same file name?

Could you try removing all tokens from an image, delete the grid, zoom right out, add the grid back in then add a couple of tokens - does the issue still exist?

If the image is one you've added to the campaign \images directory, try this: exit FG, rename the image (this will result in FG seeing it as a new image), load up FG and then add grid, add tokens, etc..

AlphaDecay
March 25th, 2019, 22:02
Darn it Trenloe - why you gotta fix crap? It's working now. The image was used with 1.4.2 just fine (been using Advanced Kombat since Ken managed it) and is a jpg 547x1091 pixels and 128KB (100 pixel grid when applied). Removed all tokens, unshared the image, removed the grid and removed any mask. I then zoomed out and added the grid then a token from the combat tracker. Zooming seems to work fine and when using localhost I now see an appropriately scaled image and my token doesn't move around when zooming. I'm good about managing my shared images, so I'll just do that for our next session and see how it goes. Thanks - I'm pretty sure I did that last time (unshared, cleared grid, replaced tokens) but the one thing a I didn't do was apply the grid when fully zoomed out. I know I was zoomed in some amount. I wonder if that was the issue?

Valekk
March 27th, 2019, 20:09
New to this ext. Reading through the thread but there is a lot.
1/ Just testing it out and I get a script error (rangedattack) when I do ranged attacks / spells attacks. Suggestions?
2/ in the OP pic there is a 55ft by the eagle. Is that this extension?

drakowulf
March 27th, 2019, 20:11
New to this ext. Reading through the thread but there is a lot.
1/ Just testing it out and I get a script error (rangedattack) when I do ranged attacks / spells attacks. Suggestions?
2/ in the OP pic there is a 55ft by the eagle. Is that this extension?

You need to have the Token Helper extension installed and activated in the campaign. The best place to refer to are the github pages for this extension. Check my post a few replies up.

Valekk
March 27th, 2019, 20:14
Thanks!

I figured the script error just now when I turned off "automatic ranged modifiers" in the options tab as well.

drakowulf
March 27th, 2019, 20:16
Thanks!

I figured the script error just now when I turned off "automatic ranged modifiers" in the options tab as well.

Yes. There are some options in there related to ranged and melee attacks that will kick up script errors if the Token Helper isn't loaded. When you load the Token Helper, you'll gain access to elevation as well.

Valekk
March 27th, 2019, 20:32
Yes. There are some options in there related to ranged and melee attacks that will kick up script errors if the Token Helper isn't loaded. When you load the Token Helper, you'll gain access to elevation as well.

Do you recall off hand where the elevation information is? The ranged options are indeed working now with ranged attacks. I am getting an error still when I scroll down in the effect tab (when i click on a token, scroll down to the fill in space).

Valekk
March 27th, 2019, 22:28
Figured it out (shift + mouse wheel). in cause anyone else is looking.

StoryWeaver
March 28th, 2019, 16:45
Token Helper v1.1.3 released.

v1.1.3 (March 28th, 2019)
* Bugfix: If actor not on map flanking threw error. Fix: Flanking returns false if actor not on map. [scripts/5e_flanking.lua: isFlanking]

spoonhead
March 28th, 2019, 17:40
Huge blood splatters have turned up, and can't seem to sort. Have tried deleting grid, and redrawing, but they are still to big, even on the smallest setting.

StoryWeaver
March 28th, 2019, 17:54
@spoonehad
You could try removing the grid and the tokens. Then renaming the image. Then setting grid at 50x50 while zoomed out so you can see the whole map. Then try it again.
Blood splatter sizes are ratio multipliers of the token scaling and grid sizes. So if there are any issues with the token scaling or grid sizes, or lack there of, on any of the layers, then the splatter will show up in the sizes the original images are in.

spoonhead
March 28th, 2019, 18:32
The map is from a module, (CoS), so I can't rename, and the splatters are huge. So I did a quick new campaign, just loaded in your extensions and CoS module, and all seems good, except the very first time creature goes to 0 HP, I get these lines. Second time a creature goes to 0 HP, no messages.

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Runtime Notice: s'5e Enhanced Combat Version check: Version is 3.3.7, and valid'
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (icon)
Runtime Notice: s'DEATH WATCH! 0'
Runtime Notice: s'UPDATING attributes for replaced token'
Runtime Notice: s'ATTEMPTING To Grab Image Window of Abominable Yeti id: 1'
Runtime Notice: s'blood proto is : tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_8.png scale is 2'
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1008: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

StoryWeaver
March 28th, 2019, 20:33
@spoonhead
Thanks for the detailed feedback and error log.
I've started working on some updates to fix this. Have it working for regular maps, but need some more testing and work to get it working with background maps when I have the time.

spoonhead
March 29th, 2019, 16:11
I've come across another odd problem, in that for just one character, all their ranged weapon attacks are not being correctly modified in the chat. Whereas all of other characters ranged attacks work as expected. I've tried deleting the PC from the CT and map and starting again, but no joy.

I can't see that the properties of his weapons are any different. However, I did delete the offending shortbow and dropped another one in the inventory and that seemed to correct it, but no joy for the long bow.

spoonhead
March 29th, 2019, 16:23
Can't see to distinguish between the 2?

Seems I found out the problem, as the character isn't proficient in the weapon. Perhaps the wording could be changed in those instances?

StoryWeaver
March 29th, 2019, 17:26
@spoonhead
I'm unable to recreate the error. Created a new character that did not have proficiencies in the weapons above. Added them and a few others that weren't trained to the character and everything works as it should.

StoryWeaver
March 29th, 2019, 17:34
Combat Enhancer v1.5.3 version release.

v1.5.3 (March 29th, 2019) (patch)
* Added dependency for the Token Helper extension. [extension.xml]
* Fixed scaling issues of blood splatters for certain maps. [scripts/manager_token2.lua: createSplatter]
* Removed some deprecated range code. [scripts/manager_token2.lua: getDistance, getTokenDistance]

spoonhead
March 29th, 2019, 18:05
@spoonhead
I'm unable to recreate the error. Created a new character that did not have proficiencies in the weapons above. Added them and a few others that weren't trained to the character and everything works as it should.

That’s weird then. I dragged a long bow onto a rogue and get the message in the chat, but drag the weapon onto a fighter and the message is as it should be and works correctly. Will try a new character.

EDIT: Well I just updated, and deleted all their weapons, re-added, and now it looks like ranged attacks are being calculated correctly. Fantastic, extension. Just very clever how it now does all this.

I still get this on the very first kill. And no blood splatter. Subsequent kills, no message and blood splatter appears, which on the CoS maps is now back to normal.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

StoryWeaver
March 29th, 2019, 19:03
@spoonhead
Tried it again with a new rogue. Works there as well.

StoryWeaver
March 29th, 2019, 20:02
Combat Enhancer version 1.5.4 released.
v1.5.4 (March 29th, 2019) (patch)
* Dependency changes. [extension.xml]

Token Helper version 1.1.4 released.
v1.1.4 (March 29th, 2019)
* Bugfix: If PC didn't have target and rolled melee attack while flanking enabled it would throw an error. Now returns false in that situation. [scripts/5e_flanking.lua: isFlanking]

caocbox
March 30th, 2019, 06:12
I was using v1.4.2 and it was running smoothly, expect for NPC spell slots would not load.
To fix it, I tried updating to v1.5.x (tried all of them), but a red X mark now appears on top of the extension's selection box and I can load it back into my campaign.

EDIT: Tried to create a new campaign without any extensions and then tried to load Combat Enhancer, no success either.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thx in advance

Trenloe
March 30th, 2019, 06:27
I was using v1.4.2 and it was running smoothly, expect for NPC spell slots would not load.
To fix it, I tried updating to v1.5.x (tried all of them), but a red X mark now appears on top of the extension's selection box and I can load it back into my campaign.

EDIT: Tried to create a new campaign without any extensions and then tried to load Combat Enhancer, no success either.

Any ideas how to fix this?
You need he dependent token helper extension installed and activated.

And welcome to the FG forums!

caocbox
March 30th, 2019, 06:40
You need he dependent token helper extension installed and activated.

And welcome to the FG forums!

Oh, now it's working!! Thank you very much! I'm loving this extension, makes combat faster and intuitive!

Btw, I still can't visualize NPC's spell slots on the combat tracker. Is that a known issue?

Valekk
March 30th, 2019, 12:14
That’s weird then. I dragged a long bow onto a rogue and get the message in the chat, but drag the weapon onto a fighter and the message is as it should be and works correctly. Will try a new character.

EDIT: Well I just updated, and deleted all their weapons, re-added, and now it looks like ranged attacks are being calculated correctly. Fantastic, extension. Just very clever how it now does all this.

I still get this on the very first kill. And no blood splatter. Subsequent kills, no message and blood splatter appears, which on the CoS maps is now back to normal.

I am getting this script error as well upon NPC death. No blood splatter for death, just the error.

Also, I just DL'ed the new updates to both and tried to log in. Token Helper is checked but Combat enhancer is X'ed out.

Trenloe
March 30th, 2019, 13:51
Also, I just DL'ed the new updates to both and tried to log in. Token Helper is checked but Combat enhancer is X'ed out.
Make sure you have <version>1.1.4</version> of the token helper extension. Delete any version of the token helper extension and redownload from GitHub.

pablomaz
March 30th, 2019, 23:09
Just updated the Token Helper. It's correctly applying the flank, but it can't get the distance right. For example. A PC using a light crossbow is 10ft away from a foe. When I attack, the following message appears on the chat: "The ranged attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Crossbow, Light (0) from 10 feet". It also doensn't get the distance right, assigning disadvantage if the PC is between 80ft and 320ft.

What's happening? Any ideas?

Tyrannosaurus VeX
March 30th, 2019, 23:11
Just updated the Token Helper. It's correctly applying the flank, but it can't get the distance right. For example. A PC using a light crossbow is 10ft away from a foe. When I attack, the following message appears on the chat: "The ranged attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Crossbow, Light (0) from 10 feet". It also doensn't get the distance right, assigning disadvantage if the PC is between 80ft and 320ft.

What's happening? Any ideas?

Can you post a screenshot showing the crossbow properties?

pablomaz
March 30th, 2019, 23:13
Can you post a screenshot showing the crossbow properties?

I believe a screenshot isn't necessary. Properties are: Ammunition (range 80/320), loading, two-handed.

Tyrannosaurus VeX
March 31st, 2019, 00:33
I believe a screenshot isn't necessary. Properties are: Ammunition (range 80/320), loading, two-handed.

I wanted to see the properties with a screenshot, because you reported the chat said:

"The ranged attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Crossbow, Light (0) from 10 feet"

The "Crossbow, Light (0)" should be "Crossbow, Light (80)" if it's picking up the range correctly. It's saying 0 becomes something is wonky, either the extension or the Crossbow's range entries ... but if that's the properties, then it's not the Crossbow.

I've tried to repeat the issue with a fresh campaign and only the Combat Enhancer and Token Helper extensions loaded, but I can't. Hrm ... just trying to help out Styrmir, but I can't figure out what's causing your issue.

Booker Grimm
March 31st, 2019, 08:23
Pablomaz,

I had your problem above and found that deleting the weapon from the inventory and then adding the weapon again solved it.

Cheers.

spoonhead
March 31st, 2019, 09:13
Pablomaz,

I had your problem above and found that deleting the weapon from the inventory and then adding the weapon again solved it.

Cheers.

Yep, this is what I had to do. Delete all the weapons from the inventory and add them again. Seems to fix the problem. Not sure why it would be a problem, and it wasn’t across all PCs.

HuseyinCinar
March 31st, 2019, 12:03
I feel very lost looking to the Github pages... Where's the Enhancer 1.5.4 which is stated to be the latest update?

StoryWeaver
March 31st, 2019, 13:06
Everything you need is in the "- INSTALL VERSIONS (extension file and needed graphics folder)" folder.

In there, there is also a file called "WHAT AND HOW TO INSTALL.txt". Which tells you exactly what to do.

https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5e-Combat-Enhancer/tree/master/-%20INSTALL%20VERSIONS%20(extension%20file%20and%20 needed%20graphics%20folder)

There is only one .ext file in that folder:
5e Combat Enhancer.ext.
That's your file.

ps. The current extension name no longer has iteration version numbers to its name, this will show up as an announcement on game boot.
Version numbers are now only added for older backup versions, which are kept in the backup folder.

TLDR;

Direct .ext download links.

5e Combat Enhancer.ext.
https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5e-Combat-Enhancer/blob/master/-%20INSTALL%20VERSIONS%20(extension%20file%20and%20 needed%20graphics%20folder)/5e%20Combat%20Enhancer.ext

Token Helper.ext
https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-Core-RPG-Token-Helper/blob/master/-%20INSTALL%20VERSIONS%20(extension%20file%20and%20 needed%20graphics%20folder)/Core%20RPG%20-%20Token%20Helper.ext

Valekk
March 31st, 2019, 14:42
Updated again and both Extensions can be checked. I may have messed up the first time (oops).

Upon death with "render blood splatter on death" on, I still get the script error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manger_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenmap' [a nil value]

pablomaz
March 31st, 2019, 14:50
Yep, this is what I had to do. Delete all the weapons from the inventory and add them again. Seems to fix the problem. Not sure why it would be a problem, and it wasn’t across all PCs.

It works! Thanks, guys!
:- )

StoryWeaver
March 31st, 2019, 15:34
@Valekk
Try it with a new non-module map, drag a few NPCs on there and see if it does it still.
I do not get that error myself when trying.

Is this on a specific map, specific module, specific encounter, specific configuration of entries in CT and on map, particular PCs, particular NPCs, operating system, etc.?

HuseyinCinar
April 1st, 2019, 00:06
ps. The current extension name no longer has iteration version numbers to its name, this will show up as an announcement on game boot.
Version numbers are now only added for older backup versions, which are kept in the backup folder.

I find this change very weird honestly. If I look at my folder next week (or the following weeks), I won't see which version I have. I won't know if you've released an update since or not. The version name in the file name was nice. I could pop in here and just look at the numbers. That was enough to tell me if my file is outdated or updated.

The previous weeks where you released a couple of updates, it was very easy to follow.

Trenloe
April 1st, 2019, 00:20
I find this change very weird honestly. If I look at my folder next week (or the following weeks), I won't see which version I have. I won't know if you've released an update since or not. The version name in the file name was nice. I could pop in here and just look at the numbers. That was enough to tell me if my file is outdated or updated.

The previous weeks where you released a couple of updates, it was very easy to follow.
This is keeping with FG standards.

FG doesn’t look at the filename, it looks at the extension name within the code of the extension - thus you could have a bunch of different files for the same extension and FG wouldn’t know which one to load when you select the extension name in the extension list. Whereas keeping the filename for each version the same seems like it’s not as user friendly, it actually helps to avoid people running the wrong version. It’ll never stop users making copies and keeping them in the extensions directory, but for most users it should help to mean it's just a copy/replace to get the latest extension and use it in their campaigns.

HuseyinCinar
April 1st, 2019, 00:33
It makes tracking things harder, while it makes "copy/paste"ing the .ext file into the folder easier sure.

But it does make tracking harder. I don't know. I'll see if I get used to it in time.

Trenloe
April 1st, 2019, 00:42
It makes tracking things harder, while it makes "copy/paste"ing the .ext file into the folder easier sure.

But it does make tracking harder. I don't know. I'll see if I get used to it in time.
As I mentioned, it's not just about copy/paste - it's about how FG reads the files in the extensions directory. It doesn't cope with multiple different files all with the same (internal) extension name. This is what all commercial extensions, and the vast majority of community extensions, do - and there's a good reason for why they do it!

The current version number is listed in the chat window when you load up the campaign, or if you don't want to do that - open the .ext file and look at the <version> in extension.xml, or you could look at the file date and see if you downloaded before the latest version was released.

StoryWeaver
April 1st, 2019, 03:15
The reason for this change is due to the added dependency for the Token Helper.

Before removing the version numbers from the name, if I were to make a change to the Token Helper.ext. I would need to change the extension reference dependency name in the Combat Enhancer to reflect that version number, recompile and re-push both extensions each time. As the dependency looks for the filename not the actual extension name in the configuration file.

This would also require all of you to download both extensions each time I updated the Token Helper individually, or any other external extensions I might implement into the Combat Enhancer in the future.

This way I can update the Token Helper and release updates of that without having to release a new version of the Combat Enhancer.

I appreciate there are benefits and downsides to both methods, but overall I think this is a better approach going forward, thus making the extensions working together less tied.

Mazzar
April 1st, 2019, 03:51
First of all, thank you for adding the Skip CT Actors that haven't rolled initiative.. That's awesome!

I am getting an issue with flanking.. See the attached screenshot which should be a flank but does not register as one.. If I move each flanking token 1 half step over, it works.

Tyrannosaurus VeX
April 1st, 2019, 03:55
First of all, thank you for adding the Skip CT Actors that haven't rolled initiative.. That's awesome!

I am getting an issue with flanking.. See the attached screenshot which should be a flank but does not register as one.. If I move each flanking token 1 half step over, it works.

Flanking only works when the tokens are inside a square. The middle token isn't in a square.

Mazzar
April 1st, 2019, 06:37
Flanking only works when the tokens are inside a square. The middle token isn't in a square.

Is it that it is impossible to make this work? In the DMG rules, I don't believe it should matter if it is in a square or not. FG allows a token to be mid square. The other two are still flanking (opposite sides).

Tyrannosaurus VeX
April 1st, 2019, 06:42
Is it that it is impossible to make this work? In the DMG rules, I don't believe it should matter if it is in a square or not. FG allows a token to be mid square. The other two are still flanking (opposite sides).

FG allows tokens to be placed between squares because certain size categories are centered between squares. Not because of any particular rule set.

And this extension calculates when flanking is applied using the squares ... which is why it only works for medium sized creatures (tokens) and not larger ones ...

Stymir may change that in the future, though ...

LordEntrails
April 1st, 2019, 06:58
Impossible? No. But impossible with the way this extension is currently written.

Mazzar
April 1st, 2019, 22:27
Impossible? No. But impossible with the way this extension is currently written.

Ok.. For now, as long as I understand how it acts, we can make it work. Its a great feature.

HuseyinCinar
April 4th, 2019, 17:02
- Shift + left click on map, zooms and relocates the players view to that of the DM in their clients if they have that map/image open.

I can't seem to get this to work. Help anyone?

Control shift click doesn't work either.

Also, in the folder for the blood tokens, is there a in Github to download all images at once? And are there any missing ones in there? Because the numbering on the blood tokens suggest that some are missing.

StoryWeaver
April 5th, 2019, 15:40
@HusayinCinar

I'll look into it. There are a lot of moving parts due to the complexity of this extension, so not unlikely something may break during changes despite encapsulation when possible. Additionally updates pushed out for FG may break things.

It does not appear that any blood tokens are missing. The ones used in the code are:

'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood.png',
'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_3.png',
'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_5.png',
'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_7.png',
'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_10.png',
'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_8.png',
'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_9.png',
'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_11.png',
'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_12.png',
'tokens/host/Combat Enhancer/blood_13.png'

This is inherited from AK.

HuseyinCinar
April 5th, 2019, 15:45
Great!

Also , I fixed the map ping thing. I completely deleted both of the extensions and redownloaded them very carefully this time lol

StoryWeaver
April 5th, 2019, 15:56
I was just finishing going through the code and testing. It is indeed Ctrl + Shift + Left-Click and works on my end. I'll update the front page post, must have forgotten to update the feature list text when making the changes.

Glad to hear you got it working. :)

damned
April 6th, 2019, 01:02
Keep up the great work Styrmir

kruvek
April 6th, 2019, 01:48
I don't know if this issue has been reported yet or not but:

When applying an effect to a token, the link between the creature in the Combat Tracker, and the token on the map, appears to sever. Most notably, the effects icon drop. All of the token effects stop as well like blood effects. Dragging the token out from the CT replaces the bugged token, and restores token effects. Apply another effect to that creature severs the link again.

StoryWeaver
April 6th, 2019, 01:52
Thank you damned. :)

StoryWeaver
April 6th, 2019, 01:53
@kruvek
I've not experienced that myself. I'll have a look when I get the time.

Gwydion
April 6th, 2019, 20:00
Really impressive work. Took me an hour or so to start getting the hang of things. kept getting script errors on the ranged attack even with both extensions loaded properly. Had to create a fresh campaign. Then once I drug on a new PC, I had to delete the inventory items altogether (like some of the other posters here) and reapply them in order for the range functionality to work properly (both melee range and calculating actual range). Other than that, it seems super cool! I can't imagine how much work this was. I made a small donation today to your paypal. Thanks for this!

StoryWeaver
April 7th, 2019, 00:14
Thank you Gwydion, I appreciate that! :)

I don't know why it would be the case that it's happened at least a couple of times that people need to drag weapons onto their sheets again. Unless there is some error with the way they had been put in the xml database, or that the xml database structure has changed slightly.
There is no writing going on with the ranged functionality, just reading from the database. But ofcourse for the weapons to read properly, they need to follow the standard entry and format rules for the relevant values.
Hence, why in some cases, re-dragging the weapons onto the sheets might update the database to whatever is the expected current format.

Keraki
April 7th, 2019, 17:57
I know its probably something simple but i cant get the desth blood splatter to render. The skull comes out and the damage blood marks appear. Just not the dead blood splatter

StoryWeaver
April 7th, 2019, 18:04
@Keraki
The blood splatter folder 'Combat Enhancer' must be in the right location, as per the instruction file 'What and how to install.txt' on GitHub, and you have to make sure that the blood splatter setting is on in the Settings menu.

Keraki
April 7th, 2019, 18:16
The blood splatter is on and the Combat Enhancer folder is in the token host folder
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\tokens\host

Gwydion
April 7th, 2019, 19:33
The blood splatter is on and the Combat Enhancer folder is in the token host folder
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\tokens\host

Sorry if this is obvious, but just to make sure, do you have the following all turned on:

Draw blood on token
Draw skull on death
Render blood spatter on death

I'm particularly interested on whether the last option above is turned on as I think it is off by default and I missed it the first time.

Keraki
April 7th, 2019, 22:27
Had to make a new campaign for the blood splatter to work. Everything else is the same.

Gwydion
April 7th, 2019, 23:38
Had to make a new campaign for the blood splatter to work. Everything else is the same.

Strange. Glad you got it sorted.

HuseyinCinar
April 8th, 2019, 15:03
One of my players is having problem Ctrl targeting someone and casting Eldritch Blast. Always a script error. It's fine when they drag the dice.

Similar to other posts here, should I delete EB from his sheet and re-add it? Will that solve, or is it different with spells

Tyrannosaurus VeX
April 8th, 2019, 19:31
One of my players is having problem Ctrl targeting someone and casting Eldritch Blast. Always a script error. It's fine when they drag the dice.

Similar to other posts here, should I delete EB from his sheet and re-add it? Will that solve, or is it different with spells

Try re-adding the spell. It seems to fix this issue, whatever the issue is exactly.

The High Druid
April 8th, 2019, 20:40
Omg... I found the problem... My test character is a Warlock, not a Wizard, and it seems that putting Wizard spells on a Warlock template cause this mess. I'm dumb and so sorry guys. It is working with a wizard character...:dead:

Does this mean it would be broken for a warlock who had gained a wizard cantrip through the magic initiate feat?

StoryWeaver
April 9th, 2019, 16:03
@Kruvek
Tested the condition dropping and adding on both the combat tracker or tokens on the map. Neither had the effect you describe and things worked as normal.
Also ran a session and adding and removing conditions worked as intended.

@HuseyinCinar
Works for me. Make sure you have the most recent versions of the extensions and try re-adding the spell on the sheet as Tyrannosaurus Vex suggested above.

@The High Druid
I tested adding a Fire Bolt wizard cantrip on a Warlock, and it works fine.

nev218
April 10th, 2019, 03:17
My DM is getting this error "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:1009: bad argument #1 to 'setBitmap' (string expected, got table)" but not sure what's causing it.

kruvek
April 10th, 2019, 21:50
@Styrmir
Weird, I'm having the same behavior on two different PCs. It's worth mentioning that I'm running published modules, given the map image incompatibility issues mentioned in the old Advanced Kombat extension.

One other note of something I just noticed when redownloading the .ext files: The image folder name has changed. For those of us migrating over from the AK extension, the images folder that you put in your Tokens/Host folder was called "items", it's now supposed to be called "Combat Enhancer" (a better name, but a change nonetheless). I wonder if that's what's been contributing to some of the console errors.

LordEntrails
April 11th, 2019, 01:43
My DM is getting this error "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:1009: bad argument #1 to 'setBitmap' (string expected, got table)" but not sure what's causing it.
Disable all other extensons not created for use with this extension. Make sure this extension and its dependencies are all the most current. Then let us know if the issue repeats.

Thirsterhall
April 12th, 2019, 21:42
I think I found the problem with some people getting the message "The ranged attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Dagger (0) from 31 feet." IE ranges aren't being detected from some char sheets.

The code starts looking for weapons in the weapon list starting with 1 then on till it doesn't find any more weapons. IE charsheet.id-00002.weaponlist.id-00001 then charsheet.id-00002.weaponlist.id-00002 etc etc. However FG doesn't maintain the list like that. For example if I look at the xml for a char that has the problem I see the below weaponlist. Notice it starts with weapon 00004 and then 00006 etc. I believe that when a weapon is deleted it causes this issue IE delete weapon 1 and the other weapon don't get renumbered down to start with 1 again. Perhaps a "quick" fix would be to remove all weapons from the char then re-add them so they are save sequentially starting with 1 again.

<weaponlist>
<id-00004>
<ammo type="number">12</ammo>
<attackbonus type="number">0</attackbonus>
<carried type="number">2</carried>
<damagelist>
<id-00001>
<bonus type="number">0</bonus>
<dice type="dice">d4</dice>
<stat type="string">base</stat>
<statmult type="number">1</statmult>
<type type="string">bludgeoning</type>
</id-00001>
</damagelist>
<isidentified type="number">1</isidentified>
<maxammo type="number">20</maxammo>
<name type="string">Sling</name>
<prof type="number">1</prof>
<properties type="string">Ammunition (range 30/120)</properties>
<shortcut type="windowreference">
<class>item</class>
<recordname>....inventorylist.id-00018</recordname>
</shortcut>
<type type="number">1</type>
</id-00004>
<id-00006>
<attackstat type="string">dexterity</attackstat>
<damagelist>
<id-00001>
<dice type="dice">d6</dice>
<stat type="string">dexterity</stat>
<type type="string">piercing</type>
</id-00001>
</damagelist>
<maxammo type="number">0</maxammo>
<name type="string">Shortsword</name>
<properties type="string">Finesse, light</properties>
<class>item</class>
<recordname>....inventorylist.id-00021</recordname>
</shortcut>
<type type="number">0</type>
</id-00006>
<id-00007>
<damagelist>
<id-00001>
</id-00001>
</damagelist>
<maxammo type="number">0</maxammo>
<name type="string">Dagger</name>
<properties type="string">Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)</properties>
<class>item</class>
<recordname>....inventorylist.id-00022</recordname>
</shortcut>
<type type="number">0</type>
</id-00007>
<id-00008>
<ammo type="number">0</ammo>
<damagelist>
<id-00001>
<statmult type="number">1</statmult>
</id-00001>
</damagelist>
<maxammo type="number">2</maxammo>
<name type="string">Dagger</name>
<properties type="string">Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)</properties>
<class>item</class>
<recordname>....inventorylist.id-00022</recordname>
</shortcut>
<type type="number">2</type>
</id-00008>
</weaponlist>

StoryWeaver
April 13th, 2019, 21:56
@Thristerhall
Thanks for that, that does make sense.
The code will iterate through the item list by counting the ID's upwards, until there is a missing one. At which point it exits the loop.
Hadn't considered weapons getting deleted, hence breaking the iteration.
Same would go with spells.

Which explains why it wouldn't come up during my testing, as I wouldn't be deleting the test weapons added.

I'll see if I can find a solution that isn't to resource heavy.

ps. The quick fix is indeed that to remove all the weapons to empty the list. That way the iterator should be reset to 00001 for the first weapon, then onward I'd imagine.

StoryWeaver
April 13th, 2019, 22:00
@Styrmir
Weird, I'm having the same behavior on two different PCs. It's worth mentioning that I'm running published modules, given the map image incompatibility issues mentioned in the old Advanced Kombat extension.

Is this in referral to the condition issues you were having?
Does this only happen when you're using a map in module?
Does it happen for all maps in that particular module or just one?
Does it only happen with certain settings turned on?
What module are you using?
What map within the module?
What OS are you using?
Does this only happen with particular NPCs or PCs in play?
Are they in the CT and on the map, or only one of the two?
Any other further specifics that could narrow it down?

Trenloe
April 13th, 2019, 23:12
I'll see if I can find a solution that isn't to resource heavy..
If you think DB.getChildren is too resource heavy, use DB.getChildCount to know how many weapon entries there are and step through that many nodes. Personally I'd just use DB.getChildren...

StoryWeaver
April 14th, 2019, 02:33
Thanks Trenloe, I reckon that might work. Currently it's a manually created datastring lookup, so I might change that to using the APIs instead, as it turns out there may be gaps in the count after items get deleted.

StoryWeaver
April 16th, 2019, 15:51
Token Helper v1.1.5 Relased

v1.1.5 (April 16th, 2019)

* Bugfix: If weapon or spell was deleted from the actions tab, the range finder would break at that point as there would be a gap in the iteration numbers. Fix: DB.getChildren used instead of manual iterator. [scripts/ranged_attacks.lua: getWeaponRanges5e]

The Decorated Man
April 18th, 2019, 02:27
Great Extension...
How do I get the Green checks or Red X's off the tokens when my players make the NPC save?