PDA

View Full Version : just a suggestion

maor
August 3rd, 2006, 19:27
get a masterserver build so ppl can see servers and not only ip putting sometime it can be dangerus
and also add a chatting system to the site so ppl can stay connatced
like an irc

gurney9999
August 4th, 2006, 15:42
a central server to see public games that would invite new users would be nice.

GMs should be using the alias functionality so the IP is not available.

There is an FG IRC channel out there, set up by some FG users.

Welcome!

maor
August 5th, 2006, 09:55
also the fact that i use a router and not a internet ip i cant host ip games
thats why a central server will be exelent

maor
August 5th, 2006, 09:57
a central server to see public games that would invite new users would be nice.

GMs should be using the alias functionality so the IP is not available.

There is an FG IRC channel out there, set up by some FG users.

Welcome!
sry for the duble post but there is an irc java program that you can add to a website

Sigurd
August 5th, 2006, 21:03
A central server, like say Neverwinter Knights would make me leave this program.

I want to run the game on my machine so that I know whats going on with it. I don't expect Smiteworks (or anyone else) to act like a central repository, be transparent to the user, have completely agreeable terms of conduct, and foot the bill for all the bandwidth.

One of the big attractive elements of this design is that you buy the software, then you go... No monthly fees very little reliance on any company. A central server would change the character of the game too much.

If I think of the wandering aholes that destroyed Diablo I'd hate to simply allow people to join or leave a campaign. Sure its hard to find people, so treat them right and expect friendships to last.

I've gone up 6 hard-won levels in a party with my current group and really enjoyed it.

Azrael Nightstar
August 7th, 2006, 07:45
also the fact that i use a router and not a internet ip i cant host ip games
thats why a central server will be exelent

Have you looked at the aliasing function? This gives the DM a string of words that players can use to connect to his game, rather than giving out his IP address. This should allow hosting without problems even if you have a dynamic IP, and takes the danger of giving out your IP to people you don't know out of the equation.