PDA

View Full Version : DOE Sound Extension Issue

Meliath1742
December 24th, 2018, 17:43
I've noticed that my DOE Sound ext isn't working this morning. I made sure Sound was "on" in FG but when I click on Sound I get a blank window (no title) and no ability to create sounds. I checked and found the same problem in both Savage Worlds and the C&C rulesets. I downloaded and reinstalled the DOE Base and Sound extensions but it didn't change anything. Anyone else having this problem?

jbosstick
December 24th, 2018, 18:00
Yes, I'm having the same issue. I have followed the same steps and also still have a blank sound window in FG. Did you find a resolution?

Meliath1742
December 24th, 2018, 18:03
Yes, I'm having the same issue. I have followed the same steps and also still have a blank sound window in FG. Did you find a resolution?

Not yet. Just discovered this morning.

Andraax
December 24th, 2018, 18:26
Are you sure you're running the latest extension? This sounds like a bug that was reported during testing and dulux posted a version that fixed it when the update was released on Tuesday...

Meliath1742
December 24th, 2018, 18:52
Are you sure you're running the latest extension? This sounds like a bug that was reported during testing and dulux posted a version that fixed it when the update was released on Tuesday...

I went to the GitHub and downloaded what was there. If there's different versions I didn't see any. Both the Base and Sound extensions.

Gwydion
December 24th, 2018, 19:04
I went to the GitHub and downloaded what was there. If there's different versions I didn't see any. Both the Base and Sound extensions.

He's fazing out the GitHub I believe. It was an experiment and I think he is now back to updating the file in the first post of the thread. See below for the 4.2.2 DOE: Sound which is the latest:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension

Meliath1742
December 24th, 2018, 19:26
He's fazing out the GitHub I believe. It was an experiment and I think he is now back to updating the file in the first post of the thread. See below for the 4.2.2 DOE: Sound which is the latest:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension

These are the links I followed that got me to the GitHub files.

Gwydion
December 24th, 2018, 19:33
I understand, but if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the first post in the thread I linked above you will see the actual .ext file in the post. If you download that one directly from that post, it is the newest version which is 4.2.2.

Meliath1742
December 24th, 2018, 19:35
I understand, but if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the first post in the thread I linked above you will see the actual .ext file in the post. If you download that one directly from that post, it is the newest version which is 4.2.2.

Ok, I'll take another look. Thanks.

Ok, downloaded the Sound ext from the first post link and it appears to have corrected the issue! Thanks Gwydion :)

Trenloe
December 24th, 2018, 19:51
Glad you got the right extension and the issue sorted out. Something to keep in mind for the future - most extensions will write their version number to the chat window - it's always good practice to check the version you should be running (usually mentioned in the extension thread) and the version reported by FG. Even if we think we've downloaded the most recent one... :)

Meliath1742
December 24th, 2018, 20:14
Glad you got the right extension and the issue sorted out. Something to keep in mind for the future - most extensions will write their version number to the chat window - it's always good practice to check the version you should be running (usually mentioned in the extension thread) and the version reported by FG. Even if we think we've downloaded the most recent one... :)

Very true. A lesson relearned for me ��