PDA

View Full Version : Request for enhancement: ghost touch effects

rickyhunt
December 23rd, 2018, 20:37
I recently ran a module with extensive use of incorporeal creatures and ghost touch effects on weapons and armor. There was no way that we could find to code those, so we used force effects to bypass the incorporeal and stop their attacks. The problem arises when you forget to turn them off, the weapons then bypass all DR. Since DMGTYPE effect is not targettable, we couldn't do an IFT: TYPE(incorporeal); DMGTYPE: force. Does anyone know how to make a ghost touch effect or make DMGTYPE targettable? Is there an extension that would do these that I don't know about?

Thanks

Blahness98
December 23rd, 2018, 20:50
As a GM, I just skip the Incorporeal effect on the monster for the player that has the ghost touch weapon. I always have the CT up, so it's easy to click a button on the effect. Otherwise, the way you are doing it is probably the best way. You just need to monitor the effects placed on the player.

LordEntrails
December 23rd, 2018, 21:14
Enhancement requests should be placed on the wishlist. They will get lost on the forums and their is no way for the community to vote on them to help indicate their importance.
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/