PDA

View Full Version : Anyone welcoming totally new D&D player? Never played before.

Bigtoeify
December 22nd, 2018, 04:55
Hi All. Totally new to FG and D&D. I always wanted to play ever since I saw the scene in ET. Also some kids who I heard had these awesome books and played a game about dungeons and dragons back in Junior high.
I’m looking for a DM or group that welcomes a total noob to not only D&D but to gaming(online especially) in general. I literally just bought the D&D starter set and have thumb through it a bit but I feel completely overwhelmed. Excited though to play. I get the general idea but that’s about it at this point.
Anyone willing to accept me to their online D&D group and guide me through the game?
Thanks!

dulux-oz
December 22nd, 2018, 05:04
Does it have to be D&D? We play both a Space Opera Sci-Fi and a Horror Western with plenty of new and near-new players (all in their 20s, 30, 40s & 50s (just) ).

If you're interested drop me a line - and check out the two threads about the games:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38028-Terrorists-Aliens-Megacorps-Politicians-A-New-Campaign-Of-An-Old-Classic

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42817-A-Tale-O-Terror

GrimmStories
December 22nd, 2018, 05:55
How does Friday's at 6 PM PST time sound?

GoodJobDog
December 23rd, 2018, 06:13
Don’t! Get! Annihilated!

Bigtoeify
December 23rd, 2018, 16:28
How does Friday's at 6 PM PST time sound?

Ahh that’s actually not a good time unfortunately. The family has a night together and that’s around that time. Do you meet any other nights? Thank you though for replying!

Bigtoeify
December 23rd, 2018, 16:29
Don’t! Get! Annihilated!

That’s usually my daily goal.

GrimmStories
December 23rd, 2018, 21:57
Sorry, that's the only night I'm running a game the rest are not new player friendly or not excepting more players.

Bigtoeify
December 24th, 2018, 03:05
Sorry, that's the only night I'm running a game the rest are not new player friendly or not excepting more players.

Thank you for inviting me. Very kind of you. If something changes on my end may I message you?

GrimmStories
December 25th, 2018, 01:56
Absolutely.