PDA

View Full Version : Failed update

limeyben
December 20th, 2018, 11:19
Opened FG this morning and got the messages that updates were available, so I clicked the relevant button, gave approval and after some time (your programmers have been busy it seems), was greeted with the message that some updates had failed and I should contact support. Which is what I'm attempting to do here.

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2018, 12:44
Try the update again. If you still get that message could you give us an idea of what failed to update (It tells you in the update screen - you'll see a message saying failed to update and there will be details of what module(s) failed.)

limeyben
December 21st, 2018, 08:30
Third time lucky, although that was after a cold reboot and clearing a stack of other updates coming down the pipe, plus running minimal other programmes at the time. I'm now all set and ready for the next one. LOL

FYI Zacchaeus, I was told that "one or more modules had failed. So contact Support." It was definitely unspecific about which ones had failed.

Moon Wizard
December 21st, 2018, 09:07
limeyben,

Glad you got it working.

In the future if you need it, all of the messages from the update process are stored in the update.log file located in the FG data directory. If there is an issue with one of the DLC updates, the issue will appear immediately after that DLC update in the message list.

Regards,
JPG

limeyben
December 21st, 2018, 09:10
Thanks for that Moon Wizard.

Hopefully, I won't need it again, it usually does its thang, without prompting, but now I know where to look to find out what the issue is.

Appreciated,
Ben.