PDA

View Full Version : LFPs 5th Edition Wednesdays 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM GMT+8 FG License: Rusty has Ultimate

Rusty Kneecap
December 20th, 2018, 05:05
FG License: Rusty has Ultimate License, so players only need free account.

Game System: Fifth Edition

Time Zone: GMT +8.

Day of week and time: Wednesday Start time 8:00 PM. Finish 11:00 PM. DM based in Perth Western Australia. Current multinational group of players from Asia, Australia, Europe and USA (would suit Perth WA and SE Asia - evenings, Europe - Afternoons, USA and Americas – very early morning, Australian east coast - late night.

Session Duration and Frequency: i.e. Minimum 3 Hour session (longer if we can) – Weekly.

Term: Ongoing campaign.

Coms: Discord for Voice with Text between game sessions. We have a Whats App group set up for communications in between game sessions.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Varied (30% roleplay – 70% combat)

Number of Players in game & needed: We usually aim for four players each session, but currently have a pool of about six players. Rarely can every player show up very week due to real life and that is understood.

Character starting level & equipment: All players start characters at level 1 and are on a fast progression track until they reach level 3. The party is currently at a party level between 3 and 5.

Character restrictions: Characters must be rolled up and completely set up in advance of game time. Pre-Gens are available

Abilities 4d6 - drop lowest and re roll any 1s left in the final 3.

Players new to the game are required to stick to the basic Players Manual classes and races. More experienced players may deviate to other published races and classes in consultation with Rusty. Be warned though, the more your deviate the harder it is to develop the character within Fantasy Grounds and the more likely other players will challenge the legitimacy of your actions.
Rusty does not own every rule book and it is on you to take responsibility for making your character work in game. Many players do struggle with this. Some players have purchased expansion pack for Rusty to make it easier on them.
If you play an unusual race or class than be prepared to get challenges from other players. Many of my players are experienced DMs themselves who are across multiple rule sets and expansions. We all like to streamline game play, so if you cannot immediately defend the legitimacy of your action, without hostility, then Rusty will probably not allow it. We will then discuss the action in depth out of game and make a ruling for future games.

Details of scenario:
This campaign mostly consist of Dungeon Crawls. The players are working through a series of fun house mega dungeons. They are currently exploring an ancient Dwarven fortress that was taken over by Orcs over a hundred years ago. The lead character – Sonn the Dwarven Cleric is a descendant of the original legendary Dwarven who built this lost Citadel. The aim of the group is to explore/map the Dungeon, exterminate the Orcs and recover lost Dwarven artefacts.

Several Black Dragons have been active in the region and are causing havoc with the major cities in the region.

In the big picture, the setting is loosely based in the Forgotten Realms. Many of the Harpers have been abducted by a group known as the Red Wizards who are aligned with the Giants. The high-level NPCs in the campaign are orchestrating an direct assault on the Giant stronghold while this low level party has been sent to investigate dungeons that are thought to contain information/clue/artifacts that might help defeat the enemy.

Player buy in: This campaign will only work if you build and play a character that is willing to work with the other characters in the party. They must have some motivation for aligning with Sonn on his quest.
Please do not join this group if you mostly enjoy sabotaging the characters of other players or undermining the DM. The DM attempts to keep rule debates to a minimum during game time but is very willing to have out of game discussions on rule interpretations. Meta gaming will annoy everyone as will spoiling the campaign by researching published content.

Legality: There is always some risk of death but with the use of Hero points, most deadly encounters can be resolved without loss of characters. We all would like to build a party of characters that reaches level 20.

Social: We have fun, but we also like to keep the game flowing.
Character Backstories: Go for it and the DM will do his best to use your backstory to link you to the campaign. i.e. Sonn is the lead character in this phase of the campaign because his detailed back story was an easy link to the campaign plot.

If interested:
Private message Rusty or respond to this thread. Thanks for your interest

Send Rusty your discord name. You will be invited to join in the next game after you have:
• Set up discord
• Completed your character set up, and
• Download all the FG files from Rusty’s server.
You may also wish to participate in the Whats App group of out of game discussions and communications, but this is optional.

About Rusty:
I have played DnD since the mid-80s cutting my teeth on the Red Box basic BECMI set. Taking on the role of Dungeon Master allowed me to play more often as none of my other mates were willing to run games.
I have three campaigns currently running; two in fifth edition and one in Pathfinder. My Pathfinder campaign uses the Kingmaker adventure path and consist of a mixed group of characters ranging from 1st to 10th level. It kind of runs as a series of one shots where the level of gameplay is determined by who shows up on the night and what level characters they have to run. My fifth edition campaigns are from Tales of the Yawning Portal and Storm King’s Thunder.
Most of my players are mature people with real lives that get in the way of DND, so all my groups are flexible with no requirement to turn up week to week. I maintain a pool of people in each group and aim to ensure that at least three players attend each session but have catered for up to 8 players in one game session.
I’m an easy-going DM who enjoys getting the players involved in the campaign setting. High level characters never fully retire. They get involved in the community leadership and become key NPC’s within my storylines to be pull back into the action in critical situations.

Kingof192
December 20th, 2018, 20:50
our Name: Vernon
Experience with DnD: Got about fourty hours 5E on roll 20. Hundreds back in the day with AD&D
Type of DnD player: I have nine years of professional stage experience. Less training, but some that would be considered on the level. I'm seeing that play out a bit in the ability to do scenes and the connection with what it is the characters are doing beyond just the mechanics.

Class: Dragonborn Paladin, conquerer

Pratik Levessque is obsessed with the idea of conquest. To be the the, to play the game with the highest stakes. He does what is considered good mostly, because he considers the benefits to humanity and civilzation to justify what he wants to do. He comes to the area in search of a cause that will justify “playing the game”

Agent Chaos
December 29th, 2018, 18:13
Player Name: Frank Dempsey
Timezone: Eastern Time Zone
D&D Experience: Over 16 years
Availability: Always available, I never miss a game.

Personal Information:
I'm a military veteran.
I first started playing D&D back in 2002
back when I joined the Army and have been
playing ever since. I'm the type of guy who
enjoys roleplaying and I like to immerse
myself into my character
Discord: Dempsey#1230

Character Information:
Character Name: Dawson Synthairus
Character Race: Human
Character Class: Fighter
Class Archetype: Battlemaster
Background: Noble Knight
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Character Personality: Dedicated, Brave

Character Backstory:
Dawson is a member of a knightly order known as the Battlemasters, an elite order dedicated to the protection and defense of the innocent.
Never knowing his parents Dawson was dropped off when he was born, Dawson was taken in and raised with a member of the Battlemasters.
Years passed by, and when Dawson was old enough, The Battlemasters began his training. Dawson soon became one of the best students the
Battlemasters had ever seen. After years of hard training, Dawson became a Battlemaster, making Dawson the youngest Initiate to ever complete the trials.