PDA

View Full Version : Application Error 0xc0000005

blackskullthunder
December 19th, 2018, 23:47
Hi, I've had the Steam version of Fantasy Grounds for about two years now and have so far had no issues with it, until tonight.
While installing the latest update my internet disconnected and cancelled the update halfway through, not a problem normally but now the app won't start at all. When I try launching it I get the following message:
"FantasyGrounds.exe - Application Error.

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok to close the application."

I can open the updater through my file directory and have tried deleting the EXE file and running the updater and uninstalling and reinstalling the app through both Steam and the web installer numerous times, but nothing seems to work. Please help as I have no soloution on here so far that has successfully fixed the issue

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2018, 23:52
Try these steps:

1. Go to the FG application folder specified by FG Settings. (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\, unless you changed it during first install)
2. Delete FantasyGrounds.exe
3. Run FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe to start a new Update.

Regards,
JPG

damned
December 19th, 2018, 23:53
remove all three exes and reinstall from Steam
you may also have to reboot your computer - there may be a hung/crashed instance still running

blackskullthunder
December 20th, 2018, 00:02
Moon Wizard, you sir are a gentleman and a scholer, it's working now :)