Retrying in 10 seconds
updating modules/Oota.mod
ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out
Retrying in 10 seconds
updating modules/Oota.mod
Update check cancelled.

damned
December 19th, 2018, 21:55
del oota.mod (it might be in the vault under a long WOTC name...) and retry - but you might also have to try later...

Trenloe
December 19th, 2018, 21:57
I've moved this post to its own thread, as the thread it was posted in was for a completely different issue. For house of healing issues, please don't post in another thread unless it is *exactly* the same issue as you're experiencing. If you can't find the issue in a thread then please start a new thread. This allows everyone to get their issue addressed in a clear and fair way, without getting confused/overran with other unrelated issues. Please keep this in mind in future. Thanks.

For your issue, it looks like you haven't updated for a while and there is a lot to download. It could be that the FG update server suddenly got very busy, or it could be that there is some network limitation on your end that is reducing app based downloads - maybe in your router (some people have reported things like this in the past).

I'd give it 30 minutes and try again later. If it still fails, first reboot your computer and try again, if that doesn't help check your router for specific download limits - maybe reboot it if there's nothing obvious.

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2018, 23:49
As Trenloe mentioned, it looks like it might be some sort of security on your router (or internet security software) that caps outgoing requests.

Regards,
JPG

MarianDz
December 20th, 2018, 17:03
Unfortunetly it doesnt work. I tried three different backups (i backed complete FG catalogs inside which i have roaming files too, everytime after succesfuly update in. zip file) all my efforts finish always on same oot.mod file and stops updating. When overwriting dirs with backup then it start update till oota.mod :( I tried delete files, wait 3-5 hours and then continue with update process but it start updating oota.mod as unupdated as first file for update inmidiatelly with same error.
Till yesterday i used DSL/vdsl 2 Mbps connection but now i have new IPv6 optics cable 30Mbits. Huawei HG8245U router from my ISP.

Nylanfs
December 20th, 2018, 17:37
Hmm, the IPv6 shouldn't cause a problem with the updating would it?

Trenloe
December 20th, 2018, 17:46
Till yesterday i used DSL/vdsl 2 Mbps connection but now i have new IPv6 optics cable 30Mbits. Huawei HG8245U router from my ISP.
Have you checked the new router for any form of download check/restrictions as suggested by myself and Moon Wizard?

MarianDz
December 20th, 2018, 20:53
cant see there something as limits, but maybe Im wrong. I can prepare TeamViewer relation for somebody of you boys who could look on my new router settings.
I will send ID with pass through PM message if somebody could help.

damned
December 20th, 2018, 23:17
MarianDz trial a VPN service and complete the download over that

LordEntrails
December 20th, 2018, 23:53
"Flood Protection" is one name for download limits on your router.

MarianDz
December 21st, 2018, 06:29
"Flood Protection" is one name for download limits on your router.

I found it "LordEntrails" but cant change it :(

damned
December 21st, 2018, 08:12
If it is yor router - then rebooting would clear it.
I suspect its not your router - the timeout should have cleared long ago.

Bidmaron
December 21st, 2018, 08:52
If she updates again it will start over and flood protection will kick in again roughly same point in process.

damned
December 21st, 2018, 11:46
If she updates again it will start over and flood protection will kick in again roughly same point in process.

I would think that is unlikely in most cases.
All the previous updates for all the files up to that point have already been completed.
There is only a relatively small amount of data transferring if there is no update to apply.

Additionally TCP Flood protection applies to incoming unrequested data - eg it is more likely to kick in when players are connecting and making lots of TCP requests.
When the updater is running each incoming packet is in response to requests made from the updater client.

MarianDz
December 21st, 2018, 14:36
I was try reboot router no success, still OOTA file stuck.
I prepared compare dirs picture for analysis, maybe this could help a little

maybe if I have correct file and puts it in my dirs it will continue, maybe only this one file has some kind of bug because all other could be again and again downloadable without problems into installation directory.

MarianDz
December 21st, 2018, 17:07
Because I have still DSL active then I tested update through it, and result was SUCCESS!
my new optic cable has something blocked I contacted my ISP hope he solve it soon!

THANK YOU ALL which try helps me solve this puzzle. Error is on ISP side.
When I will have some infos and results I will provide them here into this thread.

damned
December 21st, 2018, 23:49
I actually think the error is on FGs side blocking your IP...
I suggested earlier that you try by VPN as this would have done the same thing.
Please can you send your IP address to support@ and ask them to see if it is blocked n the updater.

MarianDz
December 22nd, 2018, 08:49
If my IP address can be found in Network adapters - Details
or
as result in command line through command IPCONFIG

then I found it. I will try send it on support, anyway will inform here.

BTW. when I download file larger than 100 MB then my download automatically not finish downloading process and start
another one but stays on same file 100% then I must manually pause download process, then continue, and this my download
will finish! and start another one automatically. I think something there could cause problems

Yesterday I tries after successfull update process unpack old backup into FG folder and puts only one of 143MB
updated files (larger than 100 MB) from newly backup 3.7.7 inside ...Roaming\FG2\vault dir. Was it WOTC5EOOTA.dat file.
Update proces starts as normal then download files which size was lower than 100 MB, skiped updated and manually copied WOTC5EOOTA.dat which actually has new version
then download another new updates under 100MB which was behind this OOTA file and again stops on file which size is 146MB named WOTC5EPOTA.dat with timeout ERROR.

damned
December 23rd, 2018, 06:18
MarianDz can you download a 100+mb file from another source eg something from Microsoft or a Linux ISO etc?

MarianDz
December 23rd, 2018, 09:17
MarianDz can you download a 100+mb file from another source eg something from Microsoft or a Linux ISO etc?

Yes I can download, but first file stuck at 100% then I need to pause download process and back resume this way it finish download of first file.
After download first large file automatization works and all other which are in order for downloading can be downloaded automatically without pausing and resuming procedure.

Example how it works for me with large files:

I want download
1.) 68 MB
2.) 69 MB
3.) 146MB
4.) 169MB
5.) 82MB
6.) 180MB
7.) 24MB
8.) 2GB

Start downloading automatically it downloads 1.), 2.) then 3.) download 99% and stuck (stays on 99% no more download activity)
another download process 4.) cant start because previous was unfinished.
What I need to do is pause this 3.) download proces it automatically starts process of downloading for file number 4.) then I resume back file 3.) which finishing its download
and process will go till the end without problems. 5.) 6.) 7.) 8.) without problems, no stucks, no problems.

If we thinks about files 1.) to 7.) are FG files:
then FG Updater could download in my case files from 1.) to 2.) automatically and then stops at the end of file 3.) because is larger than 100MB
after downloading (orange bar process for this file fills row till end) it write ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out, Retrying in 10 seconds
again start process of downloading and no finishing it same ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out, Retrying in 10 seconds.

But If I use new files (ver. 3.3.7 which I download to my PC through DLS)
and replace some of unupdated files ver. 3.3.6 in my directory "value" with new ver. 3.3.7. I tested it
For our purposes I replaced file with number 3.) and 4.)
then process begins download process and update files with numbers 1.), 2.) then 3.) and 4.) skip because are actually updated on ver. 3.3.7
continue with file 5.) without errors, next start and at the end of downloading for file 6.) it throws me ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out, Retrying in 10 seconds
because it is first file larger than 100MB.

Because this example of downloading files on new Fibre Optics doesn't work for all my tested sites then Im sure problem isn't in FG updater.

Same computer on DSL havent this problems, but new Fibre Optics with IPv6 wont finish update process.
Im still not talking about making game server or joining players to my computer. Only process of downloading new updates for software.
I know about missing IPv6 support for setting up game.

MarianDz
December 24th, 2018, 09:22
My problems was yesterday SOLVED!

My ISP yesterday calls me with information and offers that he switch my new optical link from IPv6 into IPv4 (normally this change cost onetime 99€ fee)
but because christmas time and my problems persists he will change it for me without fees.

Actually Im surfing on IPv4 and seems haven't any troubles download updates. No stucks with large files anymore.

Again THANK YOU ALL devs and members for quick responses, tips and valuable help with this my problem.
Wish you all Merry christmas 2018!

Bidmaron
December 24th, 2018, 09:34
Merry Christmas, Marian! Glad you are back going again.

Kelrugem
December 24th, 2018, 10:49
Merry Christmas :)

damned
December 24th, 2018, 13:14
Woot - nice one MarianDZ!