PDA

View Full Version : FG 3.7 - Background Image

Aridhro
December 19th, 2018, 18:41
Tx for the update
When I put an image in the background (new feature), I can't click these buttons.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2018, 19:04
Welcome to the forums!

I've just tested this and they are working OK for me. Are you running any extensions?

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2018, 23:44
Which ruleset is that? I don't recognize the graphics.

Regards,
JPG

Aridhro
December 19th, 2018, 23:50
Just finished our weekly session (Belgium -Europe).
I test without any extensions tomorrow.
Extension is pen en paper view or something. Rules set is D&D 5e.
Tx for checking.

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2018, 23:56
The icons and colors shown in your picture for the sidebar (bluish-gray) are not the standard colors for those icons in the 5E ruleset, or any of the included extensions (Wizards, Simple Gray, Simple Brown).

My guess is that the extension is overwriting changes in the base ruleset, which is extending a hidden window over that section of the screen. Since the old ruleset code used to extend the character windows that far, my guess is that someone copied full class and panel definitions into an extension, which are not needed.

Regards,
JPG

Aridhro
December 20th, 2018, 09:07
Problem solved. Good guess. The extension "5E_Notebook_Theme_DD_v102.ext" is not compatible with version 3.7
Thx for your support.

Hjorimir
January 28th, 2019, 04:13
I stumbled across this thread and now I'm looking for more details on the feature. I looked at the 3.3.7 release notes, but am not seeing it. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Does this feature allow me to place an image for the background of the UI?

LordEntrails
January 28th, 2019, 04:23
I stumbled across this thread and now I'm looking for more details on the feature. I looked at the 3.3.7 release notes, but am not seeing it. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Does this feature allow me to place an image for the background of the UI?
On the bar at the top of each image window is a little up-right arrow. Click it once and see what happens, click it again and see what happens :)

Hjorimir
January 28th, 2019, 04:59
Thank you, LordEntrails! Super easy!

LordEntrails
January 28th, 2019, 05:08
Thank you, LordEntrails! Super easy!
Yea :)

scarymike23
January 29th, 2019, 17:11
I still don't get it. When I click the up arrow a second time, it just covers everything up. Its not a background, but a foreground, and I can't access any other windows like the chat, or tool buttons. Am I missing something?

Moon Wizard
January 29th, 2019, 17:32
The first up arrow takes you into a mode where the image shares the desktop with other UI elements for running a game.
The second up arrow takes you into an overlay mode, where the image covers all other UI and is meant to be used for live tabletop situations.

Regards,
JPG