PDA

View Full Version : well? where is it?

Willot
August 2nd, 2006, 05:16
Here we are August now. Is a new update coming?
Any news at all?

Aescleal
August 3rd, 2006, 02:03
~bump

This is a good question!

Cantstanzya
August 3rd, 2006, 02:28
My guess is that it is going to be revealed at GenCon. It should then be available shortly after that. This is only speculation. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but at least maybe a paycheck.

richvalle
August 3rd, 2006, 11:43
I'm betting on a demo at gencon and the release a month or so after.

rv

Zuxius
August 3rd, 2006, 20:08
Two things I am interested in for the new update.

Multiple Character Sheets

Ease of entering new datasets.

I am sure there is a slew more which I have yet to be excited about...

I hate to wait on purchasing this though, b/c my group is ready to make the plunge, but the Multiple Character sheets is what we need, as well as customized datasets for my Eberron Campaign.

Doesn't look like any datasets are planned by CMP for sometime (at least in Eberron). That E-Tool XML convertor looked like a solution to moving over the info for the sheets......

Sometimes these things take too long, I mean, implementing an Eberron Campaign with this software. I suppose if I cameback a year from now it wouldn't be a problem.

Ablefish
August 3rd, 2006, 21:53
Well, I've been running an Eberron Campaign since christmas... I bought the complete SRD and the only 'issue' is with keeping track of action points. We're able to work around this. ;)

Multiple Character sheets would be nice, but all my players maintain etool or paper copies of their characters so they can play off those too. I guess my point is that Fantasy Grounds is very usable in its current form.

Zuxius
August 3rd, 2006, 21:57
Understood. We can work off the E-Tools and leave the sharing part out for now as far as Eberron Mechanics

Azrael Nightstar
August 5th, 2006, 03:06
There's also an easy fix to the character sheet issue: add the "sharable" tag to your charsheet.xml file. There are a number of threads floating around the board about how to do this, a search for "sharable charsheet" should find them pretty easily.

As far as action points go, a fairly simple ruleset mod should allow for that til 2.0 is out. In fact, someone may already have done it or be willing to help. (Note that my only experience with Eberron is in DDO: Stormreach, so I'm not familiar with the AP system, but unless it's really complex my "simple mod" theory should hold up. Maybe someone else can confirm that, or knows of an existing one?)

Snikle
August 5th, 2006, 06:55
What are you needing to do with the action points? Just keep track of them? I added them to the character sheets and the mini-sheets in the FUM d20 MSRD, it shouldnt be too hard to do really, could probably add them to the tracker as well.

Ablefish
August 5th, 2006, 21:03
When I first got FG I fiddled around trying to create an Eberron ruleset with a modified character sheet and including monsters from the books, but I ran into stability problems (my code was prolly flaky somewhere) so I just said forget about it. We got the Complete SRD and haven't messed with it since.

I was going to try again when the patch came out. I'm still waiting... :)

Zuxius
August 5th, 2006, 21:41
Would be nice if I had the links to that thread (s), I have been reading a lot of threads all over this board, haven't found that exciting thread, not ever.

Azrael Nightstar
August 7th, 2006, 08:06
Not sure if the threads you meant were the ones I mentioned about how to make character sheets sharable, but if so here's one of them: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24385#post24385

Basically, you need to be using a custom ruleset, so if you aren't already, create a directory for it in the rulesets folder, FantasyGrounds/rulesets/myruleset for example. Then copy base.xml and charsheet.xml from the d20 ruleset into your new one. Find the part of charsheet.xml that looks like the following, and add the sharable tag (bolded):

<windowclass name="charsheet">
<datasource name="charsheet" />
<defaultsize width="550" height="685" />
<defaultposition x="415" y="50" />
<minimize />
<nodelete />
<playercontrol />
<sharable />
<sheetdata>
<subwindow name="1main">
<class name="charsheet_main" />
<activate />
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="2skills">
<class name="charsheet_skills" />
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="3inventory">
<class name="charsheet_inventory" />
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="4spells">
<class name="charsheet_spells" />
</subwindow>

Then edit base.xml and find the reference to rulesets\d20\charsheet.xml, and change it to rulesets\myruleset\charsheet.xml

Zuxius
August 8th, 2006, 20:43
Excellent Smithers