PDA

View Full Version : Lankhmar Feedback & Updates

Talyn
December 17th, 2018, 15:54
This will be the "official" thread for discussing the Lankhmar setting DLC. Patch notes will be posted here as well.

Talyn
December 17th, 2018, 15:56
I'll start this off by reposting the previous patch notes for the 1.2 update (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40344-Lankhmar-v1-2), then we'll continue as normal here.

=====

Optimized the reference manual code so the file size is reduced.
GM's Guide now has every NPC from the PDF built in and ready* for play. No idea why I only included the Savage Tales NPCs originally, but now they're all there! *Certain NPCs in the book were intended to be customized, so they may not have all the edges, hindrances, skills and weapons. Read their text before loading them into an encounter!
all NPCs have been totally rebuilt for the new NPC features that v4.4+ of the Savage Worlds ruleset provides
The Lankhmar version of all Powers now have the Combat Modifier as part of the database entries rather than storing it in Power Points.
added a new "epigraph" refblock for the epigraphs on certain pages in the reference manual just to be fancy instead of replacing the graphic of an existing refblock.
added the header font used in the PDF
all data nodes have been brought up to 2017 DLC standards, such that they are. Heads up! -- this one has the potential for a negative impact on existing campaigns. Usually when dragging something onto a character, or whatever, that data is duplicated and those will still work just fine. There are a few cases, however, where rather than duplicating the data, the link to the data node is placed on the character instead, and in those few cases, those links will no longer work. If you encounter this, delete the nonworking link and copy the new one onto your character. I realize this one will be contentious for some users. I went back and forth over this decision, and it wasn't something I took lightly, but ended up deciding that possibly causing a little pain now would be better than possibly a lot of pain later, especially once I get the Lankhmar supplements produced. I hit every single data node, so this will be a one-time occurrence and the DLC should be future-proofed from here on out. I've learned a lot in the past year since originally producing the Lankhmar DLC (my first one ever) so I hope this decision is understood and I hope it causes as little inconvenience as possible.

Regarding the Casting Modifier, that is not yet included as part of the script automation. The groundwork to do so is there right now, but that will be something for v1.3. So for the time being, Casting Modifiers will need to be manually set in the modifiers window.

v1.3 ToDo List:

Automate the Casting Modifier into the roller script
Possibly include custom Lankhmar bennies? Pinnacle gave me the graphics, I just have to get them into the FG icon layout and decide if they look good or not.

Talyn
December 29th, 2018, 20:55
Extension

Now supports both SWD and SWADE rulesets

[u]Player Guide

First set of data tweaks to support both SWD and SWADE rulesets

[u]GM Guide & Triple Cross

[Updated] NPC data and associated links to reflect SWADE changes

NOTE: These are part of the SWADE ruleset beta test and will not be pushed until the beta begins.

ProfDogg
December 30th, 2018, 19:55
Extension

Now supports both SWD and SWADE rulesets

[u]Player Guide

First set of data tweaks to support both SWD and SWADE rulesets

[u]GM Guide & Triple Cross

[Updated] NPC data and associated links to reflect SWADE changes

Nice... Posting Tuesday?

Ikael
January 1st, 2019, 12:59
Note that these changes will be part of SWADE Beta-testing and will go live only after it.

Talyn
March 13th, 2019, 23:12
Player Guide

City of Lankhmar map is now larger (951x1487) per the graphical assets provided by Pinnacle.
New City of Lankhmar map with no legend/key now provided, same resolution as above.

grimm182
March 21st, 2019, 05:03
Excellent news on these updates, great work!!!!

Talyn
May 31st, 2019, 02:15
Lankhmar v1.25 — SWD Edition

Extension

Joker's Wild defaults on ON per setting rule; GM can override

Player's Guide

Total overhaul of the reference manual to reflect current standards which did not exist when LCoT was released in 2016. This greatly enhances the ability to read/share a single refpage on a topic instead of the wall of text in the previous version. A few minor text formatting issues were corrected, and the new layout allowed me to include a few epigraphs from the manuscript that the older layout forced me to omit.
Powers now have effects, where applicable.
Several lists updated to the newer CoreRPG list types to reduce code and make FG do the work. Edges and Hindrances lists now contain the published footnotes.

GM Guide

Minor overhaul to reference manual, not nearly as drastic as the Player's Guide.
Updated most lists to the newer CoreRPG list types to reduce code and make FG do the work.
The maps of Nehwon and Lankhmar (keyed and unkeyed) recently added to the Player's Guide also added to the GM Guide so GMs wishing to use these maps do not need to load the Player's Guide.
Savage Tales added to Story window.
A few NPCs somehow dodged the SWADE-compatibility scripts. Got 'em this time.
Added some tokens.

Triple Cross

New thumbnail
QOL tweaks to Credits refpage

Consider this a "partial" v1.25. This is the SWD update, though for now, LCoT remains available for both rulesets. Pinnacle just released the SWADE conversion so the next update will see a SWADE-exclusive version of the Player and GM Guides with all the changes included, then the existing modules will be switched to SWD-exclusive to avoid any confusion of which data goes to which ruleset.

grimm182
May 31st, 2019, 06:36
Glad this is still getting updated. :)
Thanks for the fixes and such!!!

Talyn
May 31st, 2019, 13:34
Lankhmar was my first-ever FG project so I'll always have a sweet spot for it. :) Once the SWADE edition is out, I'll (finally!) get started on the other books.

Talyn
June 2nd, 2019, 17:11
Extension

Check for SWD ruleset before setting Joker's Wild to ON (Joker's Wild is a default rule for SWADE)

Player's Guide (SWD)

adjusted item categories to match the newer dual-ruleset SWADE categories to avoid multiple unnecessary groups in the Master lists
added source text to some items (ie. Source: Lankhmar: City of Thieves) so you can tell which version you grabbed
vehicles have Oil defeated markers
Heavy Armor modification added to appropriate vehicles
vehicles use appropriate maneuvering skill
galleon has weapons equipped

GM Guide

fixed an NPC's skills

Talyn
June 4th, 2019, 02:13
Player's Guide (SWD)

Added Racial Abilities for all the Lankhmar races and human cultures

GM Guide

Copied the above Racial Abilities into Monstrous Abilities temporarily until NPC Maker supports Racial Abilities

Talyn
June 27th, 2019, 17:15
Extension

New power sheet with Casting Modifier field (see below)

Player Guide (SWD)

Tweaked the Powers Summary list width to compensate for the improved Casting Modifier field
Now visible only in the SWD ruleset because...

Player's Guide (SWADE)

Brand-new SWADE edition of the Player's Guide!

Ok, first the extension. Our initial "fix" for the Casting Modifier was to simply change the string text from "Power Points" to "Casting Modifier." Simple enough. However, Lankhmar is a No Power Points setting so once you turn that option off (and the extension does that by default) that field completely disappears. DERP! So this update adds an entirely new power sheet that has its own Casting Modifier field and removes the Power Points field.

Next, the new SWADE edition of the Player's Guide should (hopefully) be fully compliant with the official Lankhmar SWADE Conversion PDF that Pinnacle released. However, all these changes were made by hand to create this, so feedback is definitely appreciated if I missed something.

Next will be getting a SWADE edition of the GM Guide (mostly adjusting the NPCs which will be no small task) and that should complete the base package.

grimm182
June 27th, 2019, 18:40
Excellent job keeping these updates coming!!

Talyn
June 27th, 2019, 21:23
GM Guide (SWD)

All NPCs which are supposed to have the Streetwise skill now have that skill again, rather than the SWADE Streetwise Edge.

GM Guide (SWADE)

All-new SWADE edition of the GM Guide! All NPCs have been totally rebuilt to comply with the Lankhmar SWADE Conversion document.

Now, while this is great news and all, we've discovered a major problem. Apparently the ruleset filtering tweaks which was added to the FG client a patch or two ago specifically to help Savage Worlds split between the SWD and SWADE rulesets is not working correctly. So only the SWD editions are visible in both rulesets, despite each edition being specifically set to its appropriate ruleset.

I'll update again when I hear what's happening...

Talyn
June 29th, 2019, 00:23
GM Guide (SWD)

NPCs now have their bonuses from Edges or Racial Abilities built into the skills. The SWADE edition already has this.
All racial abilities in the NPCs now link to the Racial Ability in the Player Guide when clicked.

That last one was kinda a debatable choice because now (well, if you click the ability anyway) that makes you need the Player Guide loaded. Do you GMs often keep the Player Guides loaded anyway? Feedback! I kept the markup in there so if I'm asked to switch it back all I have to do is fix the links.

ProfDogg
June 29th, 2019, 11:22
Talyn, that works for me.

Talyn
June 29th, 2019, 14:39
GM Guide (SWD and SWADE)

Prettify certain edges/hindrances in NPCs
Moved the Savage Tales NPCs out of the reference path so they are immediately editable

Talyn
June 29th, 2019, 16:01
Temporary (possibly permanent :( ) solution to the ruleset filtering not working: I've added a 'displayname' field to the existing SWD books so you'll now see (SWD) in the titles. The 'name' is still the same so this won't affect your existing campaigns at all. For the SWADE books, I added (SWADE) to the actual 'name' however, which means if things get fixed and I'm able to revert the 'name' field back to what it's supposed to be, that will break any links in your campaigns. So... I guess the moral of the story for right now is use the SWADE books for testing, whatever, but maybe for now don't get into a permanent campaign?

Talyn
July 11th, 2019, 19:10
Player Guide (SWADE)

[Added] Missing 'catname' and 'group' tags for the SWADE powers so they populate in the _categorisedlist

GM and Player Guides (All)

[Removed] (SWD) and (SWADE) designators. The ruleset filtering works as advertised. However, it is a CoreRPG v3.3.8 function so this update will remain in the Test channel until beta testing for v3.3.8 is completed.

Talyn
July 24th, 2019, 13:04
Extension

[Fixed] Desktop decal was not displaying

ProfDogg
July 24th, 2019, 23:43
Well, that was quick ;) Thanks, Talyn...

YamaShintaku
July 29th, 2019, 01:22
Extension

[Fixed] Desktop decal was not displaying

Did you fix the SWADE version as well, because mine is still not displaying properly.

Thank you for all you've done! Lankhmar has been migrated nicely!

Talyn
July 29th, 2019, 13:42
It's a single extension that handles everything. The SWADE edition of Lankhmar is withheld until CoreRPG v3.3.8 releases on August 5th because that adds the feature to be able to tell the two rulesets apart. That also means the extension fix is withheld along with it. Usually things would be pushed to the Test channel, but SmiteWorks was in Florida for the Unity Alpha party. Soon as they get back everything should go to the Test channel as usual then pushed to the Live channel along with v3.3.8.

YamaShintaku
July 29th, 2019, 14:27
It's a single extension that handles everything. The SWADE edition of Lankhmar is withheld until CoreRPG v3.3.8 releases on August 5th because that adds the feature to be able to tell the two rulesets apart. That also means the extension fix is withheld along with it. Usually things would be pushed to the Test channel, but SmiteWorks was in Florida for the Unity Alpha party. Soon as they get back everything should go to the Test channel as usual then pushed to the Live channel along with v3.3.8.

Cool. Thanks for the prompt response and diligent efforts!

Talyn
July 29th, 2019, 22:55
QA has advised me the recent patches have now been pushed to the Test channel, and are in the queue for release to Live coinciding with v3.3.8.

Talyn
August 6th, 2019, 18:13
Now that CoreRPG v3.3.8 is live and the new Lankhmar patches also pushed to the Live channel, I thought I would go ahead and announce that while both Lankhmar: City of Thieves and Savage Foes of Nehwon support both SWD and SWADE, I think from here on out I will only support SWADE for the rest of the Lankhmar products. Everyone seems to be dropping SWD in favor of the new hotness so I don't really see the need to put in twice the work to support two separate versions of one product.

Talyn
April 28th, 2020, 18:29
Extension

[Fixed] Powers sheet now retains all the Effects (both SWD and SWADE) and Modifiers (SWADE only) information. Thanks, @Ikael for showing me how to do that!

GM and Player Guides

[Fixed] Tweaked the 'Fantasy Grounds Edition' pages to remove the icons (they look nice but not if you're using one of the 'sidebar' themes) and add a link to this thread.

franckflo
May 16th, 2020, 17:28
Is Lankhmar 1.25a the current latest version, compatible with SWADE?

Talyn
May 16th, 2020, 20:45
Yes. The way I've got Lankhmar rigged up, you will only see the modules for whichever ruleset (SWD or SWADE) that you load into. I did spot some things that I missed (couple NPCs) so at some point soon I will have to make another pass and issue a patch.

Talyn
January 17th, 2021, 14:53
Setting: Lankhmar (extension)

[Added] Campaign Setup support

Jiminimonka
February 18th, 2021, 17:53
Just looking thru the ref manual and there is a script error coming up. This is for the Lankhmar GM Guide. Checked the Player guide, same error.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43910&stc=1&d=1613670674 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43910&stc=1&d=1613670674[/URL)

This GIF Is a bit large cos its from a 4k monitor - might be better viewed from the attachment or CTRL-Mousewheel down to scale browser window down. Oops.

Talyn
February 18th, 2021, 18:25
Thank you for the report. It's a known issue that only shows in FGU when you don't have the theme loaded. I'll have to come up with a workaround to make FGU shut up, but the error doesn't cause any actual gameplay issues. It's just the custom texture that displays in the quotations from the novels.

Jiminimonka
February 18th, 2021, 19:40
Thank you for the report. It's a known issue that only shows in FGU when you don't have the theme loaded. I'll have to come up with a workaround to make FGU shut up, but the error doesn't cause any actual gameplay issues. It's just the custom texture that displays in the quotations from the novels.

There's a theme?! Where :)

Talyn
February 18th, 2021, 21:26
My bad, no theme (we've had 3 different devs working on one and none of us ever got one finished enough (or good enough) we'd ever let someone else see it :p ) so the custom refblock frame is included in the normal Setting: Lankhmar extension.

Jiminimonka
February 20th, 2021, 21:31
I have the SWADE and Lankhar modules all loaded. Seems the link in the ref manual for Denizens of Lankhmar is blank.

Jiminimonka
February 21st, 2021, 03:11
I also noticed that races (tried Lankhmarm Northerner and SWADW Android) are not populating changes the trait appear.but not the effects. Northerner should have plus 1 size for example but I had to manually add it. Thought I saw Daves YouTube video showing it automatically doing that.

Jiminimonka
February 21st, 2021, 16:45
Is this coming to FG any time soon? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/lankhmar-savage-seas-of-nehwon-a-fantasy-rpg?result=project - I will buy it immediately, if not sooner!!

Talyn
February 21st, 2021, 18:48
I've been distracted with life, work and so many other projects but yes, eventually ALL Lankhmar products will be in FG.

Jiminimonka
February 21st, 2021, 20:14
I've been distracted with life, work and so many other projects but yes, eventually ALL Lankhmar products will be in FG.

Good to know.

I triple posted - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46997-Lankhmar-Feedback-amp-Updates&p=580647&viewfull=1#post580647 - are these bugs?

Talyn
February 21st, 2021, 22:15
I'll take a look at the list link; something may have changed since release. As for Size +1 I'll have to take a look at that type of thing. The new @effects didn't exist back then, and all. :)

Jiminimonka
February 21st, 2021, 23:04
Well depending on what Boris announces tomorrow - I have loads of time on my hands - need any help just holler.

Jiminimonka
February 23rd, 2021, 12:03
Is the lack of a dice tower in Lankhmar intentional?

EDIT: Ooops ok - my bad it was hiding. :square:

Jiminimonka
February 27th, 2021, 13:36
Dunno if its Lankhmar or all Savage Worlds but this happens a lot

ProfDogg
February 27th, 2021, 14:56
Dunno if its Lankhmar or all Savage Worlds but this happens a lot

Unity or Classic?

Jiminimonka
February 27th, 2021, 14:58
Unity or Classic?

Unity.

Talyn
February 27th, 2021, 17:26
Just created a fresh campaign in Unity, nothing but the Lankhmar extension loaded and both SWADE + Lankhmar books and cannot duplicate this. The screenshot is the SWADE PG so I initially thought either it had some of the control characters in it (unlikely -- Ikael was never crazy about using many of them) or a font issue, but both work fine on my end.

Jiminimonka
February 27th, 2021, 18:54
I just did the same - new campagin with nothing but the 4 books loaded and the Lankhmar extension.

Same effect - scroll down and the fonts go funky. Made a GIF but its 61m so won't bother uploading.

Going to delete the Savage World.pak files do an update and report back.

Jiminimonka
February 27th, 2021, 19:02
Same again. I can live with it.

Jiminimonka
February 28th, 2021, 13:44
Just created a fresh campaign in Unity, nothing but the Lankhmar extension loaded and both SWADE + Lankhmar books and cannot duplicate this. The screenshot is the SWADE PG so I initially thought either it had some of the control characters in it (unlikely -- Ikael was never crazy about using many of them) or a font issue, but both work fine on my end.

What is the font used that is going squiffy on my system?

EDIT: Had a look inside the PDF - its Windlass. Installed it on the system not sure it will make a difference.

I tried on a 2k monitor instead of 4k but it still glitches. As I say I can live with it.

Jiminimonka
February 28th, 2021, 14:20
I think this might be something to do with Unity and those funny little squares that appear in the text on some modules in Unity. Because not every header is wrong, just some of them.

Talyn
February 28th, 2021, 22:00
Nah, like I said, Ikael very rarely used the Windows 1252 control codes which Unity won't render. Looking at the SWADE PG source now and all those headings are plain text, no control characters.

Here's what I'm seeing on that same page: FGU, Lankhmar extension only. Oh, and yes, the extension is also using the Windlass font. Installing it on your local system does nothing, as FG very frustratingly does not even look at your system fonts.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44399&stc=1&d=1614549625

If you disable the Lankhmar extension, does that correct the issue? I can always drop the Windlass font if it's causing issues for people...

Jiminimonka
February 28th, 2021, 22:40
I did make a GIF but its too big to upload here - the fonts at the top are OK, but on a big list when you scroll down it has the occasional dodgy display. Some are borked, some are not.

I already have the Windlass font, thanks for the offer. I turned off the Lankhmar Setting extension and its fine. Only happens with that and only on some of the headers, not all of them.

Jiminimonka
March 1st, 2021, 00:22

Jiminimonka
March 1st, 2021, 00:23

Uploaded a GIF and the forum turned it into a JPG.... so work that one out lol

It goes wrong at Investigators, since the GIF isnt working.

Jiminimonka
March 1st, 2021, 16:55
Physical Corruption Table Notes still show SWD wording (Charisma).

Talyn
March 1st, 2021, 16:59
Thanks! Not sure how those slipped by but they are corrected for the next patch.

Jiminimonka
March 1st, 2021, 17:21
Thanks! Not sure how those slipped by but they are corrected for the next patch.

I am sure with all the content, its easy to miss stuff, no worries.

Only found it because I am learning the rules and reading about Charisma got me confused and searching around eventually found out Charisma is from Deluxe and gone in SWADE.

Jiminimonka
March 1st, 2021, 17:25
In my search I found the conversion document, can you clarify something for me?

Making Characters
Follow the rules presented in SWADE, with the exception
that the races of Lankhmar start with +4 points in racial
abilities rather than +2.

What are these referring too?

Talyn
March 1st, 2021, 17:28
I am sure with all the content, its easy to miss stuff, no worries.

Only found it because I am learning the rules and reading about Charisma got me confused and searching around eventually found out Charisma is from Deluxe and gone in SWADE.

Something @Doswelk and I have both discovered to our chagrin is that, despite the official conversion documents being fairly small, it's such a PITA to actually locate all the changes (in FG at least) and make the changes.

Jiminimonka
March 1st, 2021, 19:11
In my search I found the conversion document, can you clarify something for me?

What are these referring too?

I hassled Doswelk and got the answer :)

Jiminimonka
April 2nd, 2021, 18:02
The Archetypes for Lankhmar don't include the Seasoned versions in the PDF (which are in a layer in the PDF, a cool idea for printing, that I only recently found out about, because I was enquiring to PEGINC where the Seasoned versions of the Archetypes are).

Is this intentional?

Talyn
April 3rd, 2021, 19:23
Late from a few days ago but this update went live:

Player Guide (SWADE)

[Fixed] a couple instances of Charisma had slipped through the cracks

Talyn
April 3rd, 2021, 19:24
The Archetypes for Lankhmar don't include the Seasoned versions in the PDF (which are in a layer in the PDF, a cool idea for printing, that I only recently found out about, because I was enquiring to PEGINC where the Seasoned versions of the Archetypes are).

Is this intentional?

It's been a couple years so without looking at things, I'll just chalk it up to "not noticing that layer." :p But I will add that to my queue to patch in.

Jiminimonka
April 3rd, 2021, 19:45
It's been a couple years so without looking at things, I'll just chalk it up to "not noticing that layer." :p But I will add that to my queue to patch in.

Easy to miss I guess. :)

Thanks.

Jiminimonka
April 7th, 2021, 00:03
Savage Foes of Nehwon - Elakeria - the svelt niece of the late Glip appears to have bad links - the Edges are all loaded, but only 2 of the five listed work - the rest create New Feats. I have test Eesafem too, and Hreest, same thing, lots of feats are just opening NEW FEAT (and creating new blank feats for each one).

SWADE FGU.

EDIT: OK - Enhanced Library extension is to blame (and I think you told me that already, it past my bed time)...

Jiminimonka
May 3rd, 2021, 18:40
Are the Powers (for Arcane backgrounds) coded with the penalties for No Power Points in the Lankhmar setting, and if not, how do I go about adding them? (I am running SWADE).

Nimeria the Fire Mage for example.

Jiminimonka
May 4th, 2021, 14:55
The Archetypes (from Triple Cross) have broken Skill, Hindrance and Edge links in SWADE. No extensions. They also don't have Survival and some of those skills etc are not in SWADE.

I will edit the ones I'm using. Might upload them here (since they are free I don't think its against the rules to do so).

Jiminimonka
May 4th, 2021, 23:38
Here are the XML Files for the 5 Archetypes - NOVICE rank

They are mostly correct, might have 16 skill points instead of 15, and 2 of the plain old humans (not Lankhmar Setting) have a spare Novice Edge to be chosen by the player.

Ughhh - Turns out they are not free, so I am deleting these xml files.

Jiminimonka
May 5th, 2021, 00:13
Magnus updated with Streetwise (its an Edge in SWADE, I just discovered)

Jiminimonka
May 20th, 2021, 20:37

Lankhmar Item - Lantern (4" Radius) has a link to Hazards, Fire, but the link opens up the Falling page.

Jiminimonka
May 23rd, 2021, 09:45
Just noticed this in SW Lankhmar - since all spells have a casting modifier. At the top of the spell description is has Rank, Range, Duration, Trappings. In Lankhmar it also adds Casting Modifier - currently "Casting Modifier" is written over "Range", and the casting modifier appears at the bottom of the spell description (and sometimes is not shown at all)

Talyn
May 24th, 2021, 18:01
Patches incoming this week! :) Thanks for finding all this stuff @Jiminimonka.

As for the Triple Cross NPCs, I can't remember the reason (it's possible it's in the patch notes thread, not sure) but I think I intentionally did not do a SWADE edition of that adventure at that time, so whatever there for now is the default SWD content. I may revisit that decision, however.

Jiminimonka
May 25th, 2021, 23:18

As for the Triple Cross NPCs, I can't remember the reason (it's possible it's in the patch notes thread, not sure) but I think I intentionally did not do a SWADE edition of that adventure at that time, so whatever there for now is the default SWD content. I may revisit that decision, however.

Nice, looking forward to seeing those patches.

I have made all the Archetypes, I will send them in a PM.

Did you ever get around to making the Lankhmar Bennies?

Talyn
May 25th, 2021, 23:55
Did you ever get around to making the Lankhmar Bennies?

Technically, yes, I made them. Trouble is, they're just disc-shaped images right out of the book and don't really look like bennies, and they looked pretty awful once I scaled them down to the size FG wants. I could potentially layer some type of 'benny-ish' logo over them someday but I was so disappointed the first time around it's not even on my To Do list.

Jiminimonka
June 1st, 2021, 19:44

Are these patches still in the queue? No update yet or is it on Test? No rush, just wondering.

Talyn
June 3rd, 2021, 22:08
Not yet. I missed the deadline and got forced to work, and now I'm having an issue where my DEV campaigns are not showing up. If I can't resolve this by morning I will at least get the patch uploaded to address the Casting Modifier layout and get the rest done once I can get my campaigns to display so I can load into them.

What I'd like to do is essentially "freeze" SWD support and any new features would go into the SWADE version. Haven't managed to sell SmiteWorks on this yet. :p That would also mean re-issuing those Archetypes as the SWADE ones rather than having to create a second version. Basically, while it was my bright idea to build two products to support back when SWADE came out, it didn't take long to realize I had signed myself up for twice the work for the same commission. It'd be one thing if both rulesets saw the same play, but everyone jumped on SWADE because it was the "New Shiny" so I don't really see much reason to continue adding new things to that version of the product.

Jiminimonka
June 3rd, 2021, 23:02
Not yet. I missed the deadline and got forced to work, and now I'm having an issue where my DEV campaigns are not showing up. If I can't resolve this by morning I will at least get the patch uploaded to address the Casting Modifier layout and get the rest done once I can get my campaigns to display so I can load into them.

What I'd like to do is essentially "freeze" SWD support and any new features would go into the SWADE version. Haven't managed to sell SmiteWorks on this yet. :p That would also mean re-issuing those Archetypes as the SWADE ones rather than having to create a second version. Basically, while it was my bright idea to build two products to support back when SWADE came out, it didn't take long to realize I had signed myself up for twice the work for the same commission. It'd be one thing if both rulesets saw the same play, but everyone jumped on SWADE because it was the "New Shiny" so I don't really see much reason to continue adding new things to that version of the product.

Yeah, drop the old ruleset, I think Pinnacle have said SWADE is "official" now - and also drop FGC!

Talyn
June 4th, 2021, 05:12
Yeah, drop the old ruleset, I think Pinnacle have said SWADE is "official" now - and also drop FGC!

Well, we're still under orders to develop in Classic for now. If you happen to have a link to PEG saying SWADE Lankhmar is official, that'd help me get SmiteWorks to agree. Hopefully.

Talyn
June 4th, 2021, 05:27
Setting: Lankhmar (extension)

[Fixed] 'Casting Modifier' fields layout on the Power record sheet has been unwonkified.

In addition to correcting the layout, on the Power record itself, the label has been shortened to 'Cast Modifier' to avoid needing to adjust the column size from the SWADE default.

This might have to do for this week, given my technical issues with all my dev campaigns to work from.

ProfDogg
June 4th, 2021, 14:08
Well, we're still under orders to develop in Classic for now. If you happen to have a link to PEG saying SWADE Lankhmar is official, that'd help me get SmiteWorks to agree. Hopefully.

I realize that is more work on you folks on the development side but some of us on the consumer side still love FGC over FGU. It's a much more stable program to use and rarely has the bugs I run into on the FGU side. When I do run FGU, I often use FGC to build the campaigns to carry over to FGU. In fact, all of my SW games are FGC only. I only use FGU for PF and D&D. If FGC had the new FGU map features, I would otherwise never use FGU. I am personally grateful for the work you continue to do on it.

Talyn
June 4th, 2021, 14:20
Posted yesterday in Discord by Doug (it's possibly here on the forum too; I didn't look):

Beginning on June 24, 2021, Fantasy Grounds Classic will no longer receive any product updates or DLC releases. Please consider upgrading to Fantasy Grounds Unity.

After June 24, we can begin developing in FGU and not worry if it works in FGC or not. The caveat is that Doug specified to all the DLC Devs that if anything needed to be pushed to FGC, we need to get it done before that date as the "final patch" for Classic.

Edit: Official forum announcement (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68964-Important-Notice-New-Product-Support-ending-on-June-24-2021-for-Fantasy-Grounds-Cl) was made a few minutes ago...

Jiminimonka
June 4th, 2021, 20:23
Good news all around methinks. Apart from the Community Devs having to push the FGC finals....

Talyn
June 12th, 2021, 18:22
Considering dropping the Lankhmar font (Windlass) from the product before the 24th... opinions?

Jiminimonka
June 12th, 2021, 18:50
Considering dropping the Lankhmar font (Windlass) from the product before the 24th... opinions?

Why?

Seems fine to me (after some initial problems which are not dealt with).

Talyn
June 12th, 2021, 20:16
Readability mainly. Generally speaking, I like the font, especially in the physical books, but I'm growing less and less convinced that Windlass works as well on FG.

Jiminimonka
June 12th, 2021, 20:19
My vote would be to keep it, it's part of the theme for the setting.

Talyn
June 19th, 2021, 14:54
Player's Guide (SWADE)

[Fixed] Lantern item linked to the wrong Hazard rule
[Fixed] Typo on FG Edition Notes refpage
[Updated] Powers revised from updated SWADE PG, including effects and modifiers, except the Additional Recipients and Area of Effect modifiers that are specifically not used in Lankhmar.
[Fixed] Powers locked
[Added] Disguise and Fly powers added

This will be the final update for Classic. I was hoping to get more done but we're extremely understaffed at work and I just didn't end up having the time to finish all the bits I wanted to do before the cutoff on the 24th. I have not uploaded this patch yet, as I am awaiting confirmation from @Ikael on the effects for two of the Lankhmar powers, but it will be uploaded by end of today one way or the other.

Note about the modifiers: just as they do currently already, the updated modifiers read the same as the SWADE powers, ie. they're expressed in Power Points. Per the Lankhmar rules, simply convert those into Casting Modifiers with the same number, just negative. In an ideal world, I would like to have those re-written purely in Casting Modifier terms but that's a larger project and would require approval from PEG for the re-writes since it's their copyrighted material. For the new Lankhmar powers, I added the generic (per SWADE) Range modifier to any power with a range greater than Touch. Disguise and Fly were my choice, and they are not on the Lankhmar power list but seemed like they'd fit in with the setting and were not overpowered or pewpew battlemage spells. Fly could be debatable, and I can always remove them in a later patch if GMs decide they don't fit.

Jiminimonka
June 29th, 2021, 20:13
Player's Guide (SWADE)

[Fixed] Lantern item linked to the wrong Hazard rule
[Fixed] Typo on FG Edition Notes refpage
[Updated] Powers revised from updated SWADE PG, including effects and modifiers, except the Additional Recipients and Area of Effect modifiers that are specifically not used in Lankhmar.
[Fixed] Powers locked
[Added] Disguise and Fly powers added

This will be the final update for Classic. I was hoping to get more done but we're extremely understaffed at work and I just didn't end up having the time to finish all the bits I wanted to do before the cutoff on the 24th. I have not uploaded this patch yet, as I am awaiting confirmation from @Ikael on the effects for two of the Lankhmar powers, but it will be uploaded by end of today one way or the other.

Note about the modifiers: just as they do currently already, the updated modifiers read the same as the SWADE powers, ie. they're expressed in Power Points. Per the Lankhmar rules, simply convert those into Casting Modifiers with the same number, just negative. In an ideal world, I would like to have those re-written purely in Casting Modifier terms but that's a larger project and would require approval from PEG for the re-writes since it's their copyrighted material. For the new Lankhmar powers, I added the generic (per SWADE) Range modifier to any power with a range greater than Touch. Disguise and Fly were my choice, and they are not on the Lankhmar power list but seemed like they'd fit in with the setting and were not overpowered or pewpew battlemage spells. Fly could be debatable, and I can always remove them in a later patch if GMs decide they don't fit.

The update landed today, although I am not seeing the Fly and Disguise powers listed in Lankhmar powers.

Talyn
June 30th, 2021, 15:04
I'm seeing the same behavior. The powers are there and can be seen in the master Powers window but they're not populating on the list in the Player Guide links. I'm looking into it.

Talyn
June 30th, 2021, 17:55
Lankhmar Player's Guide (SWADE)

[Fixed] Disguise and Fly powers not populating in the 'Powers Summary List'

Jiminimonka
July 30th, 2021, 19:55
Is it possible for me to edit the Bennies for Lankhmar with artwork I have obtained elsewhere?

Talyn
July 30th, 2021, 20:45
Sure, the bennies are just icon graphics so it's no different than changing anything else via extension. Got a link to the ones you got?

Jiminimonka
July 30th, 2021, 21:40
https://discord.com/channels/268849035010375681/657407397375115286/870103414904860683 - on the Unofficial Savage Worlds Discord - mgrancey made them in response to me asking about the "official" Lankhmar Bennies. There are 2.

Talyn
July 31st, 2021, 21:31
Oooh me likey! I'm testing an extension that will use that first one on all instances where bennies are visible for various reasons. Thought I had the Lua script easy-peasy but not so much. I'll either post it here or if @mgrancey contacts me I could include it in the Lankhmar extension and give him credit.

Jiminimonka
August 1st, 2021, 11:18
Oooh me likey! I'm testing an extension that will use that first one on all instances where bennies are visible for various reasons. Thought I had the Lua script easy-peasy but not so much. I'll either post it here or if @mgrancey contacts me I could include it in the Lankhmar extension and give him credit.

I let him know last night.

Mgrancey
August 3rd, 2021, 21:01
@Talyn, going to test something and adjust image size for FG, but I have the code to add the Benny images to the list in options. Might be weekend before I can do, I am on call this week and work is going from consecutive bad weeks to consecutive bad months.

Talyn
August 3rd, 2021, 21:40
That's fine. I was using the wrong method for adding it to options (ended up overwriting the default options rather than adding it to the cycler). I sized the image exactly over the existing bennies pixel-for-pixel so they look fine to me (inasmuch as these tiny lil FG images "look fine" anyway).

Mgrancey
August 4th, 2021, 02:56
If you keep the basic benny back that says Savage Worlds, you only need 2 image files and about a dozen lines of code to add them. If changing the back, you will need to add more as the stack images should be changed as well. Though I haven't worked all the way thru that at moment.

<base>
<!-- Adds the benny design to the Option Menus -->
<script name="Lankmar">
function onInit()
OptionsManager.addOptionValue("BNIC", "option_val_benny_lank1", "lank1", true)
end
</script>

<!-- Name to go in Options Menu -->
<string name="option_val_benny_lank1">Lankmar</string>

<!-- Points to graphic files for new benny images -->
<icon name="benny_lank1" file="tokens/benny_lank1.png" /> <!-- 40x40 -->
<icon name="benny_drag_lank1" file="tokens/benny_drag_lank1.png" /> <!-- 79x100 has a drop shadow -->

<!-- Default bennies use "alt#" to define others but wouldn't suggest advancing to alt6, as if you have multiple themes adding bennies and they use alt6 as well would cause conflict. So I suggest instead using theme/setting and numbering them incase you add more than 1. -->

</base>

Also if you have any ideas for other benny images or such, let me know I have a vector source file that I am working from.

Talyn
August 4th, 2021, 19:41
Yeah I had already done the stacks and everything. But yeah if you have an SVG feel free to pass it along via Discord or whatever. I'm especially looking for a quality SVG blank benny 'ring' to use for pretty much everything.

Jiminimonka
August 7th, 2021, 10:49
This tiny extension automates the edge Brutal in Lankhmar, feel free to add it into the default package Talyn. Thanks to Ikael for the pointers.

Talyn
August 16th, 2021, 17:48
I'm in the process of revamping Lankhmar, and will be including all One Sheets for the base product (SWADE anyway).

Don't think I can create a poll as a comment, so:
1) Include them in the GM Guide along with the Savage Tales that are already there?
2) Pull the Savage Tales out of the GM Guide and create a separate .mod with Savage Tales, One Sheets, and Triple Cross (the Test Drive adventure) ???

Leaning towards #2 but can go either way...

ProfDogg
August 16th, 2021, 18:41
I'm in the process of revamping Lankhmar, and will be including all One Sheets for the base product (SWADE anyway).

Don't think I can create a poll as a comment, so:
1) Include them in the GM Guide along with the Savage Tales that are already there?
2) Pull the Savage Tales out of the GM Guide and create a separate .mod with Savage Tales, One Sheets, and Triple Cross (the Test Drive adventure) ???

Leaning towards #2 but can go either way...

I prefer having Adventure separated out. It's easier to organize after that.

Jiminimonka
August 16th, 2021, 20:25
I prefer having Adventure separated out. It's easier to organize after that.

I agree - easier to organise and unload seperate adventures.

Talyn
August 16th, 2021, 20:34
Fair enough, and that sticks with SmiteWorks' policy as well. Once I decide on a name for the module, I will see if @Ikael will include a migration in the ruleset beforehand to accommodate the removal of Triple Cross and the Savage Tales to the new module.

Jiminimonka
September 4th, 2021, 16:36
I have a suggestion, since FGC is sinking into the sunset - perhaps you could also include the hi-resolution Nehwon and Lankhmar maps in a future update, I have already done this for myself, extracting the images from the PDF, but it would be nice to have it for everyone. Lankhmar in hi-res with some mist, clouds and other effects looks great.

Talyn
September 10th, 2021, 14:39
Lankhmar (SWADE)

[Updated] Near-total rework of both reference manual with v4.x (Unity-only!) markup. New organization for Player Guide more closely mimics that of the SWADE Player Guide for consistency. Chapter numbers removed for readability within the index pane; all chapter references now use the text names.
[Removed] Arcane Background registration removed from extension.
[Added] Arcane Backgrounds now included in the Player Guide using the new AB functionality in the SWADE v5.4.1+ ruleset.
[Fixed] A few circumstances of Knowledge (Arcana) and Knowledge (Religion) somehow persisted. Changed to Occult.
[Fixed] Two instances of Knowledge (Forgery) changed to Academics.
[Fixed] The Arcane Skill text was a duplicate of the Learning New Powers text.
[Fixed] Ballista reload is 4 in the box but note was 1.
[Fixed] Racial Abilities moved from root node to reference node.
[Added] Racial Abilities list to library

This is just Part I of the 'revamp' -- next will be removing the two Savage Tales from the GM Guide and creating a new standalone module that contains the Savage Tales and One Sheets. I'm also hoping PEG can provide some improved-quality images. I still have the assets they sent me but two I'd like were not included. Some additional automation scripting may also be in the next (or so) updates, including the Brutal edge that @Jiminimonka sent.

Edit: Forgot two items!

[Removed] Old chapter header images from PDF
[Added] New 'header' frame texture (thanks @damned for helping me get most of the math/tiling fixed)

I left the 'header' font the standard black, however. I came this close to making it white with a black dropshadow but that would also affect any header fonts in non-Lankhmar reference manuals so just in case that caused a problem, for now I'm leaving it alone. So yeah, it makes the header font slightly more difficult to read.

Jiminimonka
September 10th, 2021, 16:05
Nice work! Thanks Talyn

Talyn
September 13th, 2021, 19:09
I think I came up with a solution to the header text being slightly more difficult to read with the new 'header' texture! I've been trying to think of some reason to use the secondary header texture from the book but nothing ever came up til now ... I used it to overwrite the 'swade' frame texture, which in turn allows me to set the header font to white with a dropshadow. Here's the Lankhmar Player Guide and the SWADE Player Guide behind it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49134&stc=1&d=1631556292

Only potential downside is any other reference manual that does not use some type of frame texture on the header may run into a white font not being very readable. But I will be including this change in the next update to the extension, and will rely on feedback to keep it or drop it.

I also have the preliminary coding to add the Lankhmar currencies to a campaign. Right now it only adds them to new campaigns, so I have it disabled. I also need to have them added to the character sheets, and if possible, create a migration function to add them to existing characters.

Talyn
September 16th, 2021, 16:36
EXTENSION

[Added] Replaced 'swade' frame texture with texture from Pinnacle's art asset pack.
[Fixed] Set 'header' font to white color with black dropshadow to more closely mimic the book appearance.
[Fixed] Adjusted 'reference-h' font size from 24 to 22 pixels.

PLAYER GUIDE

[Fixed] Arcane Background Edges 'type' changed to 'Background Edge'
[Fixed] Arcane Background (Elemental Magic) and (White Magic) were missing markup for new drag/drop features.
[Fixed] Vehicle record nodes updated to current ruleset requirements
[Fixed] Vehicle Table overhauled to match SWADE Player Guide layout

Talyn
September 23rd, 2021, 13:35
Player Guide

[Fixed] Heading texture on 'Shadowing' refpage

Jiminimonka
October 2nd, 2021, 19:14
Appears to be a new bug that I noticed when helping a player create a new PC with Arcane (White Magician) Edge.

The powers all come up as the Unskilled die, even though the character has Spellcasting and Smarts set to 8 etc.,

A pre-existing character (also a white magician) doesn't have this bug, I can add new powers to it and they are all correct.

Attached the broken and working magician .xml files.

This was in a campaign with no extensions except the Lankhmar Settings (DEV) extension.

Talyn
October 5th, 2021, 16:29
Player Guide (SWADE)

[Fixed] ABs now only have the arcane skill name, not the full skillname@SWADE Player Guide link

Fingers crossed, that should fix the issue @Jimini. That was the only difference I noticed between those two characters you attached.

Jiminimonka
October 5th, 2021, 19:35
Player Guide (SWADE)

[Fixed] ABs now only have the arcane skill name, not the full skillname@SWADE Player Guide link

Fingers crossed, that should fix the issue @Jimini. That was the only difference I noticed between those two characters you attached.

OK, I will let you know once it arrives on Live. Thanks!

Talyn
October 5th, 2021, 19:59
I haven't received the confirmation email yet but it should go to TEST "whenever" then LIVE next Tues (12Oct).

If you're feeling frisky you can load your campaign dbase into a text editor and search for:

@SWADE Player Guide</arcaneskill>
and replace with:

</arcaneskill>

Jiminimonka
October 5th, 2021, 22:20
I haven't received the confirmation email yet but it should go to TEST "whenever" then LIVE next Tues (12Oct).

If you're feeling frisky you can load your campaign dbase into a text editor and search for:

@SWADE Player Guide</arcaneskill>
and replace with:

</arcaneskill>

Yup, that worked! Cheers.

Jiminimonka
December 2nd, 2021, 11:41
Hi Talyn. How's the Lankhmar update coming along? Zero pressure just being nosey.

Jiminimonka
February 8th, 2022, 20:09
Talyn has given me permission to use this thread for other Savage Worlds Lankhmar setting products "bug reports" - the first of which has just appeared on the store Savage Seas of Nehwon https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11006

Jiminimonka
February 11th, 2022, 12:38
Talyn has given me permission to use this thread for other Savage Worlds Lankhmar setting products "bug reports" - the first of which has just appeared on the store Savage Seas of Nehwon https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11006

This has Deluxe and Adventure Edition versions so should not need any converting. If you spot something that could be better, let me know and I'll fix it.

Jiminimonka
March 15th, 2022, 20:26
Savage Tales of the Thieves Guild is out now https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11003

As per the rest of the Lankhmar Savage Worlds products started by Talyn, there are 2 versions, SW Deluxe and SWADE, hopefully with correct NPCs for each.

Jiminimonka
March 20th, 2022, 12:30
The NPC bug is fixed (will be push out to patching system on Tuesday 22 March)

Jiminimonka
August 31st, 2022, 21:38
I noticed when playing one of the Savage Seas of Nehwon Tales, that I entered the random encounter formula wrong, so instead of it being $PC it was PC$ which does nothing. So this hotfix will mean your random encounters now have a chance to kill the players a lot easier - 24 skeletons on the ghost ship instead of 6 seems about right!

Hotfix is already live.

ProfDogg
September 25th, 2022, 22:38
The Player map for Screams in the Dark in the module Eyes of Goro'Mosh appears to have had some sinister dark magic going on...

The other map seemed fine (looks really good in fact)...

Jiminimonka
September 26th, 2022, 19:10
The Player map for Screams in the Dark in the module Eyes of Goro'Mosh appears to have had some sinister dark magic going on...

I will have a look later and see whats up....

Jiminimonka
September 26th, 2022, 20:43

This layer marked with the red arrow (in Painted Layers folder) is borked. Just hide it and the map is fine. I will fix it, and wonder what that layer used to have.....

EDIT: I re-loaded the module and the map fixed itself. This is a maybe a glitch with the art packs that come with the FGU licence. Let me know if re-loading fixes the image - the fuzzy part is meant to represent the pathways in the Park of Pleasure.

ProfDogg
September 26th, 2022, 22:21
EDIT: I re-loaded the module and the map fixed itself. This is a maybe a glitch with the art packs that come with the FGU licence. Let me know if re-loading fixes the image - the fuzzy part is meant to represent the pathways in the Park of Pleasure.

Weird... Just did the same and it looks good now... Like I said, some seriously evil magic there...

Baron Ken
November 26th, 2022, 05:24
SWADE ruleset. Nothing else loaded.

The storyline should do the task before working the eel.

Jiminimonka
November 26th, 2022, 07:50
SWADE ruleset. Nothing else loaded.

The storyline should do the task before working the eel.

Indeed it should be, maybe when Talyn is next available he will update it. Unfortunately this is a very old conversion and Talyn is not around much these days.

Baron Ken
November 26th, 2022, 15:34
Yea, it's an easy fix, just changing the page titles from 2.00 to 3.00 and 3.00 to 2.00 and it resolves itself when listing the story scenes and when paging through them.
Just wanted to get it on the forum for eventual fix.

Talyn
November 28th, 2022, 01:35
Fixed! Thanks for catching that. Turns out The Task is actually part of The Double Cross page, so everything is adjusted now whenever it gets pushed.

Baron Ken
December 6th, 2022, 04:57
It looks like now the link to the Map of the Slayers apartment doesn't show the map (part 3.00 Working The Eel). The actual map image is in the assets, the link just doesn't seem to point to it.

GregRex
January 20th, 2023, 11:46
Can confirm the map is still missing

Thelgor
December 13th, 2023, 22:56
Lankhmar: Triple Cross is missing textual entry(ies) and graphics.

The ModuleWindow attachment shows when the Module window is open and Lankhmar: Triple Cross is selected. The BlankEntryWindows attachment shows what is presented when you click on that blank entry in the Module window. The SlayersApartmentMap attachment shows the image when the aforementioned map is viewed in Images.

superteddy57
December 14th, 2023, 12:44
Pushed a hotfix to address this