PDA

View Full Version : Help? Bought Ultimate Subscription but still showing Demo.

Tagnetti
December 15th, 2018, 15:59
Hello all,

My daughter who is now 20 and out of the house is trying to DM a game for us and she bought the ultimate subscription and some content. DM and PH plus and adventure. I got a basic subscription. I can create a campaign, but becuase she can't share books, we need her to host the game.

For some reason her install still says DEMO and only option for new Demo campaign, while mine says New Campaign. She cannot save her campaign I guess for that reason. She did get the key and put it in, but for some reason, It's not recognized.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help

Tom

Andraax
December 15th, 2018, 16:00
Did she put her license key into setup and run an update?

bagnetti
December 15th, 2018, 16:02
Hi, this is actually the daughter. Lol. I followed the directions on the file it gave me and put it in and updated it a couple times but it's still just showing up as demo.

bagnetti
December 15th, 2018, 16:03
Hi, this is actually the daughter. Lol. I followed the directions on the file it gave me and put it in and updated it a couple times but it's still just showing up as demo.
Sorry meant to reply the first time.

Zacchaeus
December 15th, 2018, 16:35
Make sure that the license key is only placed in the top box in settings and that there is nothing in the second box. Make sure the license key has no leading or extra spaces as well. Make sure also that you have entered the correct username and password in settings as well. Once you are sure all that is correct do an update.

bagnetti
December 15th, 2018, 17:11
Make sure that the license key is only placed in the top box in settings and that there is nothing in the second box. Make sure the license key has no leading or extra spaces as well. Make sure also that you have entered the correct username and password in settings as well. Once you are sure all that is correct do an update.

Hi, thanks for responding so quickly. I followed your advice but it's still showing that I just have the demo.

LordEntrails
December 15th, 2018, 17:18
You said subscription... by chance did you cancel the subscription even though you had time left on it? Unfortunately, PayPal sends the cancellation notice immediately without telling the SmiteWorks servers that their is time left on the subscription so the system cancels it immediately.

If that's the case, contact [email protected] and they can get you your remaining time. You can also send them your license key and they can verify its active.

bagnetti
December 15th, 2018, 17:22
You said subscription... by chance did you cancel the subscription even though you had time left on it? Unfortunately, PayPal sends the cancellation notice immediately without telling the SmiteWorks servers that their is time left on the subscription so the system cancels it immediately.

If that's the case, contact [email protected] and they can get you your remaining time. You can also send them your license key and they can verify its active.

I actually haven't tried to cancel the subscription. I just got it yesterday.

bagnetti
December 15th, 2018, 17:47
Could it be because I bought a normal subscription and then decided to buy an ultimate?

Zacchaeus
December 15th, 2018, 18:23
Could it be because I bought a normal subscription and then decided to buy an ultimate?

No, but make sure that the ONLY license key that you have entered is the Ultimate one. It is vitally important that there is nothing in the second box in settings.

Just to make sure you will have received a new license key when you upgraded and if it's a subscription it will be sent on the email account you use for PayPal.

bagnetti
December 15th, 2018, 18:47
No, but make sure that the ONLY license key that you have entered is the Ultimate one. It is vitally important that there is nothing in the second box in settings.

Just to make sure you will have received a new license key when you upgraded and if it's a subscription it will be sent on the email account you use for PayPal.

Before I got the ultimate one I did enter the standard. But now I've been entering the ultimate one in the first box. Even with the standard it still said I just had the demo though.

bagnetti
December 15th, 2018, 19:04
I figured it out somehow. I completely deleted all the files in Fantasy Grounds except for the modules. I reinstalled it on steam and when I put in the code that time it worked. It says ultimate in the right corner now.
Thank you guys for all your help.

Tagnetti
December 15th, 2018, 19:26
I figured it out somehow. I completely deleted all the files in Fantasy Grounds except for the modules. I reinstalled it on steam and when I put in the code that time it worked. It says ultimate in the right corner now.
Thank you guys for all your help.

Yes. Great News.

Kelrugem
December 15th, 2018, 19:30
Glad you found that problem :) Sometimes reinstalling everything helps :D

Welcome to you both to FG :) Happy gaming :)

AlphaOmega777X
March 22nd, 2020, 22:54
I have your Answer had to figure it out myself. Two ways to do it. Uninstall everything off your desktop, or reroute the document back to your desktop (Wherever your Application is saved)
Go to settings and match the file path location. It will essentially reinstall.