PDA

View Full Version : Strongholds & Followers by Matt Colville

maugrim8866
December 15th, 2018, 06:01
Has anyone heard if there is a planned Strongholds & Followers .mod for FG?
I like the pdf and am considering starting my own .mod if there isn't a planned FG release.

Thanks

AlphaDecay
December 15th, 2018, 16:08
Not sure - my guess is that with getting things out from his kickstarter and finishing the print version, he probably hasn't been able to sort out a person do to the conversion.

LordEntrails
December 15th, 2018, 17:36
Not sure - my guess is that with getting things out from his kickstarter and finishing the print version, he probably hasn't been able to sort out a person do to the conversion.
Did they ever talk about making an FG version? I couldn't find any mention of such when I tried looking...

AlphaDecay
December 15th, 2018, 18:17
No they didn't but I know Matt uses FG and likes the program - plus if he could get an FG version created I'm sure he'd like the income, so I can't imagine he wouldn't want it on FG. I can easily see that he just doesn't have the time to convert a 265 page document over.

JohnD
December 15th, 2018, 20:12
No they didn't but I know Matt uses FG and likes the program - plus if he could get an FG version created I'm sure he'd like the income, so I can't imagine he wouldn't want it on FG. I can easily see that he just doesn't have the time to convert a 265 page document over.

Does he need the income? Didn't he get an assload from Kickstarter or am I thinking about the wrong person?

NotRussellCrowe
December 15th, 2018, 20:45
On his Twitch stream today he mentioned that he was looking into getting it on FG. No promises or dates we're given though.

GavinRuneblade
December 15th, 2018, 21:26
Does he need the income? Didn't he get an assload from Kickstarter or am I thinking about the wrong person?

Per the kickstarter, he got 2.1 million (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/255133215/strongholds-and-streaming). That counts as two assloads in my book.

AlphaDecay
December 15th, 2018, 22:30
I'm well aware of the kickstarter and I never said "need," instead I said "like." Leveraging an additional source of income from a product that is already created can't hurt.

LordEntrails
December 15th, 2018, 22:41
Don't forget, the KS was not just for the book, it was also to support the next stream;

A 5th Edition supplement for building Strongholds and attracting Followers! And we're raising money to livestream my next campaign!
And all the stretch goals were to make the book longer;

The core release is 128 pages, hardcover, but the content and page count increase with each stretch goal!
And all the rewards were stickers, t-shirts, and swag.

I wouldn't expect an FG module to be free, regardless of how profitable the core product was. Here's what the FAQ says;

【Q】Have you considered adding the Strongholds & Followers supplement to D&D Beyond, or to virtual tabletop platforms like Fantasy Grounds or Roll20?
【A】The highest platform demanded seems to be Fantasy Grounds, and we're talking with them. Big supporters of their platform!

damned
December 16th, 2018, 03:32

Per the kickstarter, he got 2.1 million (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/255133215/strongholds-and-streaming). That counts as two assloads in my book.

Yes and the majority of stuff backed was physical product.
He will get paid ut of this but there is no way he is taking home a huge chunk of that - there is two assloads of products to make and send to people.

GavinRuneblade
December 16th, 2018, 10:12
Yes and the majority of stuff backed was physical product.
He will get paid ut of this but there is no way he is taking home a huge chunk of that - there is two assloads of products to make and send to people.

Yup that is definitely true. Especially as big as the book got via the stretch goals. As noted by Lord Entrails. Hopefully the book doesn't get a bad binding. Even the best printers have that happen from time to time, but people might see it in a wrong light if it comes after such a successful kick.

maugrim8866
December 17th, 2018, 19:07
Just to be clear
I know Matt Colville is a little busy, for a FG .mod of his his new book.
I was more hoping John D, Zacheus, or someone else might be working on one for Smiteworks and Mr. Colville.

Doug kind of answered my question a little bit here.

https://youtu.be/5JD_92lSroA?t=751

Thanks Doug, Dave and Jen