PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Image Handler extension

darrenan
December 15th, 2018, 01:06
This extension automatically calculates whether an attack hits a target with Mirror Images, or hits one of the images. This extension depends on the STACK: functionality in the PF Remove Effect Tag extension. To add a Mirror Image effect to an actor in a way that this extension will act on it, use the following syntax for the effect: "STACK: mirror image". Do not put anything before STACK, and match the casing. When an attack is made against an actor with this effect, and the attack hits, another rolls will be made to see if the attack hits the target or an image, and if it hits an image it will automatically remove one stack of the effect.

This extension will only work for the PFRPG ruleset. The Mirror Image spell works differently in 3.5E and I (selfishly) don't feel like supporting both. If this is important for anyone playing 3.5E, you have my blessing to add support. You could also make a copy of this extension that only works for 3.5E (which might be easier honestly, because I think you'll need to plug into the attack handling logic at an earlier stage of the logic).

Misfire Support in v1.8 and above You can include the chance of a weapon misfire in the properties field for the weapon in the form "misfire n", where n is the highest number that will cause a misfire. Misfires will be reported as such in the weapon attack output in that chat window, overriding misses and automatic misses where applicable.

This extension will not load if the Remove Effect Tag Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71704-PF-Effect-Removal-Extension) is not loaded.

Screenshots showing the extension in action:

Latest extension version is attached to post #3. Please reply to this thread if you have issues or think there is a bug.

VersionComments
1.3FG v3.3.8 compatibility release. Add Keen extension functionality.
1.4Fixes the issue with unconfirmed critical threats not triggering mirror image handling. If you use Kelrugem's extensions you will need to wait for him to apply this same fix. Until then, they will exhibit the problem.
1.5,1.6FG 3.3.12 compatiblity releases.
1.7Compatibility with 2020-02 Ruleset Updates
1.8Misfire support (see notes above)
1.9Fix bad parameter passed to EffectManager.notifyApply. This should clear up the [ERROR] that was showing up in the chat window.
1.10Compatiblity release.
1.11Fixed a bug where the same mirror image count would be used for all attacks in the same roll. Show correct icon in chat output when a misfire occurs.
1.124.1.12 compatibility release.
1.13Mirror image roll wasn't happening after failed critical confirmation roll. Fixed.
1.144.2.0 compatibility release.
1.15Minor fix to previous version.
1.16Compatibility release.
1.17Fix script error that occurs when dragging an attack roll from the chat window onto a creature with mirror images.

darrenan
December 15th, 2018, 01:06
More images:

darrenan
December 15th, 2018, 01:07
FGU users get it here. (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/81/view)

FGC users download: 55208

Blackfoot
December 15th, 2018, 01:23
This thing works great.. nice job Darrenan!

dantedoom
December 16th, 2018, 02:23
Mirror Image, the most forgettable DM's spell ever

darrenan
December 17th, 2018, 17:36
NOTE: This extension is NOT compatible with my "Keen" extension. I will be merging the keen functionality into Mirror Image Handler at some point.

Bidmaron
December 18th, 2018, 04:44
Very gentlemanly of you, darrenan.

swbuza
December 19th, 2018, 01:31
Very nice. +1 to extend the functionality to include STACK: shocking image

darrenan
December 19th, 2018, 21:22
interesting...I'll take a look at that

Blackfoot
December 19th, 2018, 21:39
Hrm.. actually.. if you did that.. you could automate the whole shocking image spell effect!

rickyhunt
January 7th, 2019, 12:43
We found a bug last night. If a 20 is rolled, but the total is less than the AC of the target by less than 5, even though it is an autohit, it is called a near miss by the extension and auto-removes an image. This was rare, but happened a couple of times near the end of iterative attacks.

darrenan
January 7th, 2019, 18:09
Roger that. I'll try to get a fix for that out this week. Thanks for the report!

swbuza
January 8th, 2019, 05:45
We found a bug last night. If a 20 is rolled, but the total is less than the AC of the target by less than 5, even though it is an autohit, it is called a near miss by the extension and auto-removes an image. This was rare, but happened a couple of times near the end of iterative attacks.

This may be opening a can of worms, but I'm not sure that's a bug. A crit confirmation roll *IS* in attack roll. It's not just a d20 roll. It's an attack roll with all modifiers as with the original attack roll. All attack rolls of natural 20 hit regardless of target AC. This includes the critical confirmation *attack* roll.

See https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qc5s?Doea-a-nat-20-confirm-a-crit

rickyhunt
January 9th, 2019, 13:20
This may be opening a can of worms, but I'm not sure that's a bug. A crit confirmation roll *IS* in attack roll. It's not just a d20 roll. It's an attack roll with all modifiers as with the original attack roll. All attack rolls of natural 20 hit regardless of target AC. This includes the critical confirmation *attack* roll.

See https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qc5s?Doea-a-nat-20-confirm-a-crit

It didn't seem to be paying attention to the confirmation roll, just the original to hit roll. It only seemed to be an issue when the roll was a 20, which autohits, but the natural roll was not high enough to hit the AC of the target.

For example, if the AC was 35 and the to hit mod was 12 and you rolled a 20. You hit automatically because of the 20, but 32 isn't normally enough to hit, but is less than 5 lower than 35. The extension tags this as a near miss, instead of a hit that needs to get rolled for.

darrenan
January 11th, 2019, 04:45
Version 1.1 is now linked to post #3 above. This version fixes the issue with crit confirmation rolls counting for near misses. Crits should never near miss now.

darrenan
February 24th, 2019, 00:52
Version 1.2 is now linked to post #3 above. This version fixes the issue with PCs attacking NPCs with mirror images would not correctly update the mirror image effect.

swbuza
March 1st, 2019, 19:04
Version 1.2 is now linked to post #3 above. This version fixes the issue with PCs attacking NPCs with mirror images would not correctly update the mirror image effect.

This is a great module, by the way. It works great!

Gwaihir Scout
March 7th, 2019, 01:24
Note to users: Do not roll multiple attacks at once. All attacks will be treating as going up against the current number of images, instead of subtracting images as you go. The correct number of images will still be removed, though. Example: an enemy wizard has 4 images and a PC rolls a full attack of three attacks against him. All three hit an image and three images are removed. But, all 3 attacks had only a 20% chance to hit, instead of 20% then 25% then 33% as images are destroyed. Roll your attacks one at a time.

darrenan
July 23rd, 2019, 22:06
Version 1.3 is now attached to Post #3. This is both a FG v3.3.8 compatibility release, and a merging of the Keen extension functionality as mentioned above.

Last Post
February 4th, 2020, 19:00
I love the handler and used it to great effect but it doesn't seem to be rolling for images after the 3.3.9 update.

darrenan
February 8th, 2020, 05:54
It seems to be working fine for me. Have you tried determining if there is another extension that might be conflicting? Is there any more information you can provide about what you're expecting to see, and what is actually happening?

I tested it with the following extensions running: Strain/Injury with Full Package, Message of the Day, DOE:Base, DOE:Sound, Remove Effect Tag and it appeared to be doing the right thing.

EDIT: Here's one scenario that does not seem to be working: Critical Threat, Crit Not Confirmed. No apparent mirror image processing in that case (both NPC attacking PC, and PC attacking NPC exhibited this bug).

darrenan
February 8th, 2020, 06:29
Post deleted

darrenan
February 8th, 2020, 06:56
Ok, I figured it out. Will need to sync up with Kelrugem to get the fix deployed in his stuff.

Last Post
February 8th, 2020, 06:59
I was just testing it on my end...
I like Kelrugem's extensions too so hopefully you guys won't make me pick!!
Thanks for looking into it!

darrenan
February 8th, 2020, 07:11
I have made the fix in my extension, and version 1.4 is now available up above in post #3. I have sent the fix to Kelrugem in a PM so hopefully he will be able to apply it (it's just a one-line change) and push out new versions of his extensions soon.

Kelrugem
February 8th, 2020, 11:28
I have made the fix in my extension, and version 1.4 is now available up above in post #3. I have sent the fix to Kelrugem in a PM so hopefully he will be able to apply it (it's just a one-line change) and push out new versions of his extensions soon.

Thanks for your help, I will push an update later :) (I just stood up and have to go the grocery store, hence I try to do that shortly later in the evening :) )

Kelrugem
February 8th, 2020, 20:37
All my extensions, which needed that fix, too, are now updated :) Thanks again for the notification and help :)

Last Post
February 8th, 2020, 20:39
Just in time for tomorrow's session.
You guys rock!!

rmilmine
April 6th, 2020, 22:19
Is there an update to this extension for the latest version 3.3.10?
I'm getting a red x with the extension.

darrenan
April 6th, 2020, 22:59
Maybe this is the issue? "This extension will not load if the PF Remove Effect Tag extension is not loaded."

That's a note in post #1.

Edited post #1 to make this requirement a little more obvious.

rmilmine
April 7th, 2020, 02:30
That was in fact the problem. I missed that. Thanks.

rmilmine
April 17th, 2020, 00:23
So I added STACK: mirror image and the attacks seems to work in that they are rolling the % dice to find out if it's a hit or miss, but it never removes any images.
I'm using the following extensions:
Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder with AoO,
Antimagic,
Mirror Image Handler,
Remove Effect Tag,
Save versus tags.

Not sure if there is any conflict between any of these and Mirror Image Handler, but I'm guessing there is.
I'll try and figure out if there is, but I'm new to fantasy grounds and still figuring out how to do stuff.

Kelrugem
April 17th, 2020, 00:40
So I added STACK: mirror image and the attacks seems to work in that they are rolling the % dice to find out if it's a hit or miss, but it never removes any images.
I'm using the following extensions:
Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder with AoO,
Antimagic,
Mirror Image Handler,
Remove Effect Tag,
Save versus tags.

Not sure if there is any conflict between any of these and Mirror Image Handler, but I'm guessing there is.
I'll try and figure out if there is, but I'm new to fantasy grounds and still figuring out how to do stuff.

I just tested with exactly the same setup and couldn't reproduce :) I think you applied the stack effect wrongly. Do not write that effect directly into the CT, it has to be applied from either the effects window or someone's action tab :) When everything works correctly, the effect parsed in the CT will be something like X mirror image, where X is the number of how often you applied the effect :) (you can also directly write it in that form without using STACK)

rmilmine
April 17th, 2020, 00:47
It looks like that was the problem. I had originally added it manually in the CT. After figuring out my error I deleted it and it still didn't work. I had to exit out and restart FS to get it to work.
All working now.
Thanks.

Kelrugem
April 17th, 2020, 01:09
It looks like that was the problem. I had originally added it manually in the CT. After figuring out my error I deleted it and it still didn't work. I had to exit out and restart FS to get it to work.
All working now.
Thanks.

Cool, have fun :)

Ibrene
April 18th, 2020, 12:45
Hi fellas. I'm new to this so might definitely be doing something wrong, but... I run Unity and the Mirror Image Handler extension does not seem to load AND I have Remove Effect Tag loaded as well as it is a prerequisite. Those are my only 2 "outside" extensions, or downloaded extensions I have running. Maybe it is a Unity thing and it only works in Classic?

darrenan
April 19th, 2020, 20:28
It's working fine for me:

Ibrene
April 20th, 2020, 00:06
I just checked again.. Since I'm running 3.5E I checked Pathfinder and voila; it shows up as expected in Pathfinder... but not in 3.5E. Is the extension only designed for PF? If so, pretty please with a cherry on top would it be possible to make it "extend" (no pun intended) to 3.5E as well? You guys are brilliant at what you do and any help would be appreciated greatly.

Kelrugem
April 20th, 2020, 00:11
I just checked again.. Since I'm running 3.5E I checked Pathfinder and voila; it shows up as expected in Pathfinder... but not in 3.5E. Is the extension only designed for PF? If so, pretty please with a cherry on top would it be possible to make it "extend" (no pun intended) to 3.5E as well? You guys are brilliant at what you do and any help would be appreciated greatly.

The thing is that the mirror image works differently in 3.5e, therefore it is only for PF1 :) but when you want to use the PF1 variant for your 3.5e game then unzip the extension (change .ext to .zip), open extension.xml and add 3.5E to the rulesets :) (you should see some ruleset line there, just copy it and add something similar for 3.5E (E big) :) Then zip it back from within the folder :) change .zip to .ext again :) ) (it should work then, I guess, darrenan can probably answer that better, I forgot how the code was built :) Rather test the extension then a bit :) )

Ibrene
April 20th, 2020, 02:02
DANG.... that seemed to work.. Now I can see the Ext in 3.5E... I'll test it tonight.. BRILLIANT, if it works, ha ha. Does this look like I did it correctly?

Kelrugem
April 20th, 2020, 02:06
DANG.... that seemed to work.. Now I can see the Ext in 3.5E... I'll test it tonight.. BRILLIANT, if it works, ha ha. Does this look like I did it correctly?

looks good :)

Ibrene
April 20th, 2020, 11:19
So sorry... your first post DOES explicitly state that 3.5E is not supported... My apologies. I'll use it as is.. Seems to work after I stack the effect 5 to 6 times. It'll do the trick. Thank you sir.

diieus
April 20th, 2020, 15:25
Hello ! Great extension ! If only I could make it work... :(
I'm having trouble with Mirror Image ext and "Advanced 3.5E and Pathfinder" seems to be the cause of it (when I'm unloading the Advanced ext, everything works like a charm)
When an attack hits on a NPC with one or more mirror image(s), a %dice is rolled but nothing happens (just like the dice were never rolled). If I do the exact same process after unloading the Advanced Effects extension, the dice is rolled and a mirror image can be targeted.
I downloaded the most recent versions of both extension. Do you know where the problem lies ?

darrenan
April 20th, 2020, 17:27
Kelrugem put some logic in his extensions to check for this extension and integrate with it correctly. Are you sure you're using the latest versions of both extensions? I use this extension with his "Strain/Injury with Full package" and it works fine.

Kelrugem
April 20th, 2020, 18:00
I can confirm this, but I do not understand why this is not working completely. The "Remove on near miss" for example works if and only if all necessary extensions are loaded, this means that the logic in my code works, it realizes when Mirror Image Handler is loaded and adjusts its logic. Besides the near miss stuff, also the miss chance for the images is rolled then, but I do not understand why the removal of an image does not trigger then (when something has to be removed). The removal of the image is in the extra lua file of the mirror image handler; but since the miss chance against the images is rolled we know that this extra file is recognized and used.

It looks like that the function onMirrorImage does not get triggered when used with my extensions, but I have no idea why because other things work; hm, I have to think about it a while :) Would appreciate any advice when someone may have a clue why only part of the code gets used of the mirror Image Handler, might be something subtle with how FG handles extensions

EDIT: Oh, I now may have it, but I do not understand why I had to add that code (I will post that separately)

Kelrugem
April 20th, 2020, 18:03
@Darrenan: I had to add

if MirrorImageHandler then
ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("mirrorimage", MirrorImageHandler.onMirrorImage);
end

in the onInit of my AttackManager, then it works but I have no idea why I had to do this :) Because your code already registers this and by the chat message and the miss roll against images etc. it is clear that the onInit of your extra file gets triggered when my extension is also loaded; I am not sure why I had to register onMirrorImage again :)

Nevertheless, I will upload the new versions soon, then hopefully the compatibility really works :)

Kelrugem
April 20th, 2020, 18:41
So, reuploaded my extensions, hopefully it works now :) (for me it does :D and I am pretty sure it worked before, I still do not completely understand what was going wrong)

diieus
April 20th, 2020, 19:38
It works now, thank you ! You know what they say in IT :
Sometimes it doesn't work, and you don't know why because it should.
Sometimes it works, and you don't know why because it shouldn't.
Thank you again ! :D

Kelrugem
April 20th, 2020, 19:40
It works now, thank you ! You know what they say in IT :
Sometimes it doesn't work, and you don't know why because it should.
Sometimes it works, and you don't know why because it shouldn't.
Thank you again ! :D

hehe :D

Glad that it works now :)

Zevious
September 22nd, 2020, 07:26
Found a problem here. The near miss works fine, but if you set the FG option to enable Manual Dice rolls (some of my players like to roll dice, so I let them), this doesn't work. If a hit is scored, a manual dice entry comes up to roll. When rolling that and it hits an image, it is not able to remove the image from the target. Chat log shows "Effect ['STACK: mirror image'] -> [Not found on ]". Seems that it loses the target somewhere in triggering the manual roll. It works fine if Manual Rolls is not set (rolls and removes image properly).

Zev

darrenan
September 22nd, 2020, 16:26
That sounds like a problem with the manual roll functionality in the ruleset, not in the extension. If there's no target there isn't much the extension can do about it.

Kelrugem
September 22nd, 2020, 17:25
That sounds like a problem with the manual roll functionality in the ruleset, not in the extension. If there's no target there isn't much the extension can do about it.

Yes, there are similar problems reported about the crit confirm roll (so, native ruleset) :) As far as I know this is the target of a fix, so, it that may be fixed then, too :)

wakhere
September 22nd, 2020, 23:22
i have searched .. everywhere and cannot find an example of how to use this...

the screen shots show results in the chat window. not a simple how to code the effect guidline.

darrenan
September 23rd, 2020, 00:03
did you look at the images in post #1? the second image shows the syntax of the STACK: effect to apply. I will paste it again here for clarity:

wakhere
September 23rd, 2020, 13:53
okay thanks. my problems was the way my browser looked at your list of JPG's....
i changed browser and I can now see all of your jpg's. before I could only see the last one.
i have also had problems finding attachments. google chrome seems to have shortcomings.

wakhere
September 23rd, 2020, 14:25
am i using it correctly. place the effect each time for each image...
is there a way to roll the number of images and apply D4 + (cl/3) max 8 ? in one click...

darrenan
September 23rd, 2020, 18:18
You can't have the effect roll the dice for you, but since there are only 4 possible outcomes, you could do something like this:

darrenan
November 5th, 2020, 17:57
Version 1.6 is now available in post #3. This is a FG 3.3.12 compatibility release, no new functionality.

dllewell
January 17th, 2021, 20:05
This was previously mentioned by swbuza so maybe you already looked at it and determined it wasn't possible.

There is another spell (Shocking Image) that acts like Mirror Image. It's basically mirror image but when the image is dispelled it shocks the person who hit it.

The damage portion is really the only difference and that can be handle manually. But the STACKING, and then removal by the extension, ability should be exactly the same as mirror image.

darrenan
January 17th, 2021, 20:28
I agree. Any spell or ability that works like mirror image (such as the Trickery domain ability among others) can use this extension. I have no plans to support the damage portion of Shocking Image. As you said, it can be handled manually.

darrenan
January 17th, 2021, 20:31
P.S. If anyone wants to crack open my extension and figure out to support the damage part of Shocking Image, you have my permissions and blessing. If you get something working, let me know and I'll integrate it back into my code.

dllewell
January 18th, 2021, 05:32
I agree. Any spell or ability that works like mirror image (such as the Trickery domain ability among others) can use this extension. I have no plans to support the damage portion of Shocking Image. As you said, it can be handled manually.

Sorry, should have been clearer.

I'm not talking about the damage portion. I'm talking about the part that removes one of the images. That doesn't work for Shocking Image.

I've tried naming the effect 'Shocking Image' and 'shocking image' and in neither case does it work.

Kelrugem
January 18th, 2021, 05:46
Sorry, should have been clearer.

I'm not talking about the damage portion. I'm talking about the part that removes one of the images. That doesn't work for Shocking Image.

I've tried naming the effect 'Shocking Image' and 'shocking image' and in neither case does it work.

You could name that effect for the automation still mirror image :) May only be a problem when casting both, not sure :)

darrenan
January 18th, 2021, 17:26
Just use "mirror image" for that. Shocking Image isn't the only spell that uses that mechanic (Copycat from Trickery domain for example), and it would be silly to support every single spell name that has that game mechanic.

dllewell
January 18th, 2021, 17:45
ok. That makes sense

Ckorik
February 9th, 2021, 13:16
Just a note that if a player has another form of miss chance (say concealment from blur) this extension will not automate for you. I assume this is complicated - but wanted to point it out in case anyone else wondered if things were suddenly broken due to an update - make sure you don't have other miss chances going on before - and if you do expect that mirror image will need manual help.

darrenan
February 9th, 2021, 16:20
@Ckorik are you saying the having both a CONC effect and mirror image stack on the same actor is not working correctly? I haven't noticed anything misbehaving. Could provide specifics about what is not working correctly please? It might be fixable.

EDIT: I tested this locally and it seems to be working correctly for me.

Ckorik
February 10th, 2021, 04:27
I'm sorry - I thought it was the blur - it was in fact that the effect must be all lower case - that is STACK; Mirror Image results in not working - but STACK; mirror image does work :)

I did further testing tonight and validated this.

darrenan
February 10th, 2021, 04:30
Yeah, I'm using a utility function from EffectsManager that is case sensitive. I supposed I could try to figure out a way to get around that....nah.

Ckorik
February 10th, 2021, 04:35
yeah that's fair and I have no issues working around it - might be helpful to note in the first post to help anyone that might run into the issue in a few months or so though :)

darrenan
February 10th, 2021, 16:19
Post #1 does say to match the casing. L2Read noob ;-)

darrenan
February 17th, 2021, 16:00
Version 1.7 is now attached to post #3. This is a compatibility update for the 2/16 ruleset update release. Please report any problems here as I have not yet tested these changes (holding off on updating for now until some other extensions I rely on get updated.)

srbongo
February 17th, 2021, 16:38
The new version's currently not removing the images for hits that strike an image due to the percentage roll, for me at least. It gives the error: "STACK: mirror image not found on ()", and no matter what the target name is missing as well from the text. Mirror images are still being removed from near misses. Thanks!

KevenSimmons
February 27th, 2021, 20:05
The new version's currently not removing the images for hits that strike an image due to the percentage roll, for me at least. It gives the error: "STACK: mirror image not found on ()", and no matter what the target name is missing as well from the text. Mirror images are still being removed from near misses. Thanks!

Same here.

RobboNJ69
February 27th, 2021, 22:01
darrenan, Thank you for maintaining this extension!

darrenan
February 28th, 2021, 17:31
Can I get this entire thread moved to the Pathfinder V1 forum please? As mentioned in post #1, this extension doesn't not correctly implement the 3.5 version of mirror image. Thanks!

darrenan
February 28th, 2021, 17:37
Version 1.7 attached to post #3 works fine for me in the latest version of FGC. Have you checked the other extensions you're using to make sure they have been updated for the latest release?

darrenan
February 28th, 2021, 18:34
Seems to be working fine in FGU as well. If you can still replicate problems, provide specific repro steps including other loaded extensions and so forth. Thanks.

darrenan
March 1st, 2021, 22:24
Version 1.8 is now attached to post #3. This release adds a new feature: support for weapon misfires. If you're using firearms, you can now add a misfire string to your weapon properties in the action tab which will cause any weapon attack roll in the misfire range to be reported as such in the chat window. See post #1 for details.

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2021, 04:38
Moved to Pathfinder 1E forum. Almost missed the note, since it was buried and I don't normally read extension threads. Just PM or email.

Thanks,
JPG

srbongo
March 12th, 2021, 15:01
Seems to be working fine in FGU as well. If you can still replicate problems, provide specific repro steps including other loaded extensions and so forth. Thanks.

Apologies for this, things fixed themselves in the week following the update - and I couldn't replicate it 100% of the time as was. Thanks though for everything, great extension as always.

bmos
April 3rd, 2021, 01:26
I'm having issues with this.

timg
April 3rd, 2021, 03:13
I am seeing issues with the latest bits and this extension. I do run a lot of extensions but have narrowed it down to this one being the trigger firing this on some units attack rolls45394

bmos
April 3rd, 2021, 11:33
I am seeing issues with the latest bits and this extension. I do run a lot of extensions but have narrowed it down to this one being the trigger firing this on some units attack rolls45394

That's because you don't have the latest version

timg
April 3rd, 2021, 16:51
Makes sense - apologies for the n00b noise. It is hard to tell when it is always the same download link on page 1

Khoredran
April 4th, 2021, 04:56
I'm having the same issue as bmos, is there a way to fix this? This extension looks phenomenal and it would be great to incorporate it in the mix!

darrenan
April 4th, 2021, 17:41
Yeah I'm seeing this too. I'll try to get this fixed and push out a new version today.

darrenan
April 4th, 2021, 20:06
Version 1.9 is now attached to post #3. This should clear up the [ERROR] messages that were showing up in the chat window. Let me know if you're still having any issues after downloading the new version.

Khoredran
April 5th, 2021, 00:26
Well, after giving a Vrock 7 mirror images and attacking the demon with a dragon, I can say that this little test proved that this extension is now flawless and working as intended!
The mirror images were removing themselves automatically with the correct % roll and the near-hit miss as well!

I am so happy that this is working ^^
Running encounters with 6-12 Vrocks, all with 6-7 mirror images was a gruesome task until now :D

darrenan
April 5th, 2021, 00:28
Good to hear!

dellanx
April 26th, 2021, 00:36
darrenan,

Getting this message in chat:

Effect ['STACK: mirror image'] -> [Not found on Troubled Gug Zombie 5]

Thanks!

p.s. this happens on percentage < 50%

darrenan
April 26th, 2021, 16:20
Ok, that's not a lot to go on. Do you have any additional information? Can you narrow down the cases where it does and does not happen? Also did you verify that you're running the latest version, v1.9?

dellanx
April 26th, 2021, 17:57
Ok, that's not a lot to go on. Do you have any additional information? Can you narrow down the cases where it does and does not happen? Also did you verify that you're running the latest version, v1.9?

It is the latest version of FGU, and I am using the latest version of Mythic-Abilities Extension by bmos, and latest version of Full Overlay Extension by Kelrugem.

Do you have a link of your v.19? Not sure if it is or not? by v1.9 you mean Mirror Image Handler Extension? I downloaded the extension in the begging of this tread.

Thanks!

Kelrugem
April 26th, 2021, 19:12
It is the latest version of FGU, and I am using the latest version of Mythic-Abilities Extension by bmos, and latest version of Full Overlay Extension by Kelrugem.

Do you have a link of your v.19? Not sure if it is or not? by v1.9 you mean Mirror Image Handler Extension? I downloaded the extension in the begging of this tread.

Thanks!

Can you test it just with the mirror image handler? :) I needed to update the compatibilities with the mirror image handler, too, but I may have done something wrong in that process :)

darrenan
April 26th, 2021, 20:06

Thanks!

In the chat window when you start the campaign, it will display the version number of the Mirror Image Handler extension.

bmos
April 26th, 2021, 20:20
It's because of a test build I made for dellanx. Not your issue.

dellanx
April 26th, 2021, 21:23
It's because of a test build I made for dellanx. Not your issue.

This is what I downloaded yesterday. Yes 1.9, misread the "?" as a 7. LOL

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<root version="3.0">
<announcement text="Mirror Image Handler (includes Keen) v1.9 for Fantasy Grounds" font="emotefont" />
<properties>
<name>Mirror Image Handler</name>
<version>1.9</version>
<author>darrenan</author>
<description>Handles Mirror Image effect stacking.</description>
<ruleset>
<name>PFRPG</name>
</ruleset>
<dependency>
<name>PF Remove Effect Tag</name>
<minversion>2.0</minversion>
<maxversion>2.0</maxversion>
</dependency>
</properties>

<base>
<!-- Custom script to add abilities to object tables -->
<script name="MirrorImageHandler" file="scripts/mirrorimagehandler.lua" />
<script name="ActionAttack" file="scripts/manager_action_attack.lua" />
<script name="CharManager" file="campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua" />

<!-- New Images -->
<icon name="mirror_image_handler" file="graphics/icons/mirror_image_handler.png" />

</base>
</root>

Thanks

darrenan
May 25th, 2021, 22:15
Version 1.10, a ruleset compatibility release, is now attached to post #3.

darrenan
July 23rd, 2021, 16:29
The extension download in post #3 has been replaced with a link to the item in The Forge Shop. Please get it from there from now on.

Asgurgolas
July 24th, 2021, 03:00
3.5E refuses to recognize it :/

darrenan
July 24th, 2021, 05:27
Yes, it's PF1 only. I'll update the description in the Forge shop to make that more clear. 3.5 has different mirror image rules, and I don't play 3.5, so...

SmokeMeowt
July 25th, 2021, 04:28
The extension download in post #3 has been replaced with a link to the item in The Forge Shop. Please get it from there from now on.

The link says the item is not available.

Zygmunt Molotch
July 25th, 2021, 06:35
The link says the item is not available.

I think SW are off for the weekend, Forge things are approved manually, just wait while Monday :D

dllewell
July 25th, 2021, 16:39
Just checked. It's available now.

Schneiderpants
August 2nd, 2021, 22:21

How does the Forge Shop work? I have subscribed to this effect on that site, I have the Remove Effects added. When I start up my FG Classic ultimate, I do not see this as an effect that can be added to the campaign.

dllewell
August 2nd, 2021, 23:19
How does the Forge Shop work? I have subscribed to this effect on that site, I have the Remove Effects added. When I start up my FG Classic ultimate, I do not see this as an effect that can be added to the campaign.

The forge does not work with FG Classic. Only with FG Unity.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69836-Does-the-Forge-work-for-FG-Classic-extensions

Schneiderpants
August 3rd, 2021, 00:01
@darrenan, is it possible you could provide an alternative download link for those of us still using Classic?

darrenan
August 3rd, 2021, 17:31
Reinstated the direct download link in post #3 for FGC users. FGU users please continue to use the Forge.

Schneiderpants
August 3rd, 2021, 20:49
Reinstated the direct download link in post #3 for FGC users. FGU users please continue to use the Forge.

Thank you kind sir!

darrenan
October 3rd, 2021, 20:13
Version 1.11 is now attached to post #3 and pending release in FG Forge. This release fixes a couple issues:

When rolling an iterative attack or multiple natural attacks, all Hits would use the same mirror image count instead of reflecting images removed by previous hits. This would make mirror image more effective than it should be. Fixed.
When a misfire occurs it will now show the correct attack miss icon in the chat output.

darrenan
December 16th, 2021, 20:30
v1.12 is in the Forge pipeline and attached to post #3

Landa
February 21st, 2022, 17:59
This stopped working for me and I cant seem to pintpoint what I did. Maybe you can help me out? I currently have both Mirror Image Handler and PF Remove Tag extensions loaded. For some reason when someone casts mirror image all it does is load the effect Stack: Mirror Image
I remember it should roll for amount of images and load that aswell. I probably messed up with some other extension but I cant seem to figure out which one.

Edit: Found the issue. Old version of PF Remove Tag. Updated with the one provided by you and it is now working again! Thank you!

Schneiderpants
March 4th, 2022, 14:49
Is this coded so that critical hits circumvent Mirror Image? I was testing last night, and a PC with keen on a scimitar was attacking a chararacter with mirror image, and every time he made an attack roll between natural 15-20, the d100 mirror image miss chance would not roll. My understanding is critical hits are still subject to mirror image.

Landa
March 4th, 2022, 15:09
Is this coded so that critical hits circumvent Mirror Image? I was testing last night, and a PC with keen on a scimitar was attacking a chararacter with mirror image, and every time he made an attack roll between natural 15-20, the d100 mirror image miss chance would not roll. My understanding is critical hits are still subject to mirror image.

This is working correctly for me.

Schneiderpants
March 5th, 2022, 00:12
Edited text: I misremembered, and after reviewing chatlog, it was unconfirmed crit threats that weren't rolling the miss chance. Original text: Which it says were fixed in 1.4 but pending implementation in Kelgruem's effects, some of which I use. But I would think those were updated by now, reading back and seeing Kelgruem's posts. I am on Unity and subscribed to all effects via the forge.

Here's some examples. The first screenshot starts with mirror image removed due to near miss, followed by an unconfirmed critical threat NOT rolling the miss change, followed by a confirmed crit rolling the miss chance.

Here's another normal hit that works, followed by unconfirmed crit not working:

These are my extensions:

darrenan
March 7th, 2022, 16:31
Yeah that does seem wrong, I'll try to find some time to look at that. Thanks for reporting.

darrenan
March 7th, 2022, 16:56
Version 1.13 is now attached to post #3 above, and has been submitted to the Forge. It will go live once approved. This fixes the lack of mirror image roll after failed critical confirmation rolls.

srbongo
March 8th, 2022, 13:28
Version 1.13 is now attached to post #3 above, and has been submitted to the Forge. It will go live once approved. This fixes the lack of mirror image roll after failed critical confirmation rolls.

Awesome, thanks mate

Schneiderpants
May 17th, 2022, 16:49
When I load my FG campaign, it shows 1.12 is still active. I thought if I was subscribed to an Extension via Forge and regularly clicking the FG "Check For Updates" button it would update automatically.

Do I need to do something specific to update? We were still having the failed crit not auto rolling mirror image issue last night which is how I noticed.

Edit: I also tested manually deleting the extension from my extensions folder, clicking "Check For Updates" so it reinstalled, and then loading the campaign, still says 1.12.

darrenan
May 18th, 2022, 01:00
I must have screwed up that last push. I just uploaded the latest version which should be 1.13 and set it to Live. Please confirm that that fixed things.

Schneiderpants
May 18th, 2022, 03:27
The update went through, it shows 1.13 in chatlog. But I tested and still had 2 unconfirmed crit hits that did not trigger the d100 mirror image roll. I then turned off Keen to see if that made a difference, but still was not able to trigger the d100 mirror image roll on unconfirmed critical hits. It triggers successfully for normal hits and near misses.

Kelrugem
May 18th, 2022, 05:26
The update went through, it shows 1.13 in chatlog. But I tested and still had 2 unconfirmed crit hits that did not trigger the d100 mirror image roll. I then turned off Keen to see if that made a difference, but still was not able to trigger the d100 mirror image roll on unconfirmed critical hits. It triggers successfully for normal hits and near misses.

Could you turn of my extension and test again (extended automation and overlays)? :) May be an incompatibility with my extension, I am not always up-to-date about the mirror image handler because I may miss an update :)

(if that does not remove the problem, then start a new campaign and just test the mirror image handler to see whether or not it is an incompatibility with some other extension)

darrenan
May 18th, 2022, 16:27
I just tested this with only Mirror Image Handler and Remove Effect Tag extensions loaded, and it appears to be working for unconfirmed crits:

Schneiderpants
May 18th, 2022, 17:48
Could you turn of my extension and test again (extended automation and overlays)? :) May be an incompatibility with my extension, I am not always up-to-date about the mirror image handler because I may miss an update :)

(if that does not remove the problem, then start a new campaign and just test the mirror image handler to see whether or not it is an incompatibility with some other extension)

Turning off Extended Automation and Overlays resolved the issue. It is now completing mirror image d100 check on unconfirmed crits.

Kelrugem
May 18th, 2022, 17:58
Turning off Extended Automation and Overlays resolved the issue. It is now completing mirror image d100 check on unconfirmed crits.

I see :) Then it is an incompatibility with my extension :) Darrenan probably changed parts of his code which I also need to implement in my code for compatibility. I try to fix this soon, but currently I am heading to bed :)

Schneiderpants
May 18th, 2022, 18:02
Sweet dreams! I (and I'm sure the community) really appreciate both of you being so responsive!

Kelrugem
May 18th, 2022, 18:03
Sweet dreams! I (and I'm sure the community) really appreciate both of you being so responsive!

hehe, thanks :)

Kelrugem
May 20th, 2022, 01:39

I hope I can look at that today :) in some hours

Kelrugem
May 20th, 2022, 13:25
Schneiderpants, I now updated all my versions of extended automation and overlays; can you test again? :)

@darrenan: Some parts of your code may be a bit "outdated" in sense of some smaller changes of the attack code, needed for compatibility with other extensions (like adding script names in front of local function calls), and the modifierstack script got deprecated and may be erased completely somewhen such that one needs to switch to ModifierManager :) (the current attack script already does that, so you would just need to copy that :) )

darrenan
May 20th, 2022, 16:01
I must have forgotten to do a diff at some point. Usually, I make sure my script is identical to the original except for the specific changes I make.

Kelrugem
May 20th, 2022, 16:14
I must have forgotten to do a diff at some point. Usually, I make sure my script is identical to the original except for the specific changes I make.

No worries, I thought so that this may have happened :)

darrenan
May 20th, 2022, 16:35
v1.14 released to Forge and attached to post #3 for FGC users. This is a FG 4.2.0 compatibility release, no new features or functionality.

bmos
May 21st, 2022, 15:45
is line 500 of manager_action_attack supposed to be rRoll? it still says rAction.

darrenan
May 23rd, 2022, 17:31
Did I miss one? I'll fix it, thanks.

EDIT: 1.15 pushed to the forge and attached to post #3. Thanks bmos.

SgtPrylo
May 25th, 2022, 15:11
Sory if I missed this, but when I attempt to add another stack (of mirror image) to a PC, I get an 'Already Exists' message instead of an increasing count of images.

EDIT: disregard. Operator error. It helps to activate the extension before you load the campaign...

Schneiderpants
June 13th, 2022, 00:44
Schneiderpants, I now updated all my versions of extended automation and overlays; can you test again? :)

@darrenan: Some parts of your code may be a bit "outdated" in sense of some smaller changes of the attack code, needed for compatibility with other extensions (like adding script names in front of local function calls), and the modifierstack script got deprecated and may be erased completely somewhen such that one needs to switch to ModifierManager :) (the current attack script already does that, so you would just need to copy that :) )

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but this is now working correctly. Thanks to both of you!

Kelrugem
June 13th, 2022, 01:33
Sorry it took me so long to reply, but this is now working correctly. Thanks to both of you!

Cool, you're welcome :) And no worries, no need to apology of course :D

brochr
August 3rd, 2022, 03:03
Hi Darren

Thanks for this extension, we have installed it for our weekly game but are struggling to work out how exactly to use it.

- How do you set the number of mirror image? Is that the purpose of the manual Xn Mirror Images effect?
- On a successful hit, does the player/GM manually then alter the Xn Mirror Images effect to count track hits?

So, in essence the extension handles the hit/miss calculations but not the number of images currently in view?

Thanks
Christopher

Schneiderpants
August 3rd, 2022, 15:23
You have to add the appropriate number of images to the combat tracker, but then those images are automatically removed one by one as appropriate and the d100 miss chance roll adjusts accordingly. Manually roll a dice to determine the amount of images. Then go to the Actions section of character sheet, and to right of the Mirror Image spell (character sheet must be set to "Standard" or "Combat" mode), click the appropriate Effect button. You can hover over each button to see how many images it is set to apply, and there is also an "EFFECT: [SELF]; STACK; mirror image" button. You can click this one time per image, and it will stack that number of images on the combat tracker.

I'm pretty sure I had to edit all the effects to apply "mirror image," not "Mirror image." The capitalization made a difference for it to work correctly.

Note, per screenshot below, you may not see all the same Effect buttons for mirror image. I have some other Extensions that may alter this.

brochr
August 3rd, 2022, 20:14
Fantastic, Schneider- thanks for the description and screenshot

darrenan
November 21st, 2022, 18:51
The casing issue was fixed in version 1.8, so quite a while ago.

Currently, the pattern that is matched is: one or more numeric digits, followed by a single space, followed by 'mirror' in any combination of casing, then another single space, and then 'image' in any combination of casing.

If you are fluent in regular expressions, this is the pattern being matched: "(%d+) [mM][iI][rR][rR][oO][rR] [iI][mM][aA][gG][eE]". I thought about changing the spaces to "%s+" to make it more flexible, but have not implemented that change as of yet.

wakhere
November 22nd, 2022, 13:28
ive tried posting before. im on classic and your extension comes up with an X on the selection page on load.....
so i cant get it....to run on classic....
help please

bmos
November 22nd, 2022, 13:46
ive tried posting before. im on classic and your extension comes up with an X on the selection page on load.....
so i cant get it....to run on classic....
help pleaseDid you follow the advice in the first post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46971-Mirror-Image-Handler-extension&p=418112&viewfull=1#post418112) that you need to have the Player Effect Removal extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71704-PF-Effect-Removal-Extension&p=630881&viewfull=1#post630881) loaded?

bmos
November 22nd, 2022, 13:49
Also, @darrenan you might want to update the Effect Removal Extension link in your post as it points to Nickademus' thread rather than your continuation thread.

darrenan
November 22nd, 2022, 17:16
I will do that, thanks for noticing that.

darrenan
November 22nd, 2022, 17:35
I'm seeing it show up as an X as well. I thought it was because extension.xml had 4.1.12 for the <root> version, but I changed it back to 3.0 and it still shows as an X. Can someone enumerate all the different reasons that an extension might be X'd out in FGC?

bmos
November 22nd, 2022, 17:43
I'm seeing it show up as an X as well. I thought it was because extension.xml had 4.1.12 for the <root> version, but I changed it back to 3.0 and it still shows as an X. Can someone enumerate all the different reasons that an extension might be X'd out in FGC?Maybe because of the dependency tags?

<dependency>
<name>PF Remove Effect Tag</name>
<minversion>2.0</minversion>
<maxversion>2.0</maxversion>
</dependency>

maxversion should probably be 2.3 or 2.99 or something?

darrenan
November 22nd, 2022, 21:21
Yep, that was it, thanks!

darrenan
November 22nd, 2022, 22:00
Ok, the extension directly attached to post #3 should now be compatible with FGC again. Let me know if you see any problems.

bmos
November 23rd, 2022, 12:04
Ok, the extension directly attached to post #3 should now be compatible with FGC again. Let me know if you see any problems.
I haven't tested it, but it looks like it still says maxversion 2.0?

Taij
November 26th, 2022, 03:43
I am having issue with the mirror image stacks. The % dice rolls properly only if a number is applied, but no stacks are removed. Also, Only 1 stack applies when cast.

Taij
November 26th, 2022, 03:44
When I add a # to the stack it performs as below:

Taij
November 26th, 2022, 04:36

bmos
November 26th, 2022, 12:54
I am having issue with the mirror image stacks. The % dice rolls properly only if a number is applied, but no stacks are removed. Also, Only 1 stack applies when cast.

You haven't loaded the PF Player Effect Removal extension (or if you have, it's not working). See post number 1.

This extension will not work if the Remove Effect Tag Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71704-PF-Effect-Removal-Extension) is not loaded.

wakhere
November 26th, 2022, 18:02
Did you follow the advice in the first post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46971-Mirror-Image-Handler-extension&p=418112&viewfull=1#post418112) that you need to have the Player Effect Removal extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71704-PF-Effect-Removal-Extension&p=630881&viewfull=1#post630881) loaded?

yes ive had the removal effect extension loaded for ages....

in the past i had your extension running in classic and it was great.....

but i went to unity........and now for various reasons im back down on classic.....
and it as i said IT comes up with an X on the selection panel in load

Taij
November 26th, 2022, 21:00
The Effect Removal Extension is loaded, both my myself and the DM.

bmos
November 26th, 2022, 21:13
The Effect Removal Extension is loaded, both my myself and the DM.Well it is not working, so either it's incompatible with something else your GM is running or it's the wrong version. Only the GM extensions get loaded, so don't bother installing on your own computer if you just join their games.

bmos
January 25th, 2023, 12:45
@darrenan
The remove effect extension link from your forge page still points to the old thread :)

bmos
January 26th, 2023, 14:07
@darrenan
This extension is lagging behind the 3.5E ruleset which as resulted in incompatibility with AmmunitionManager, HitMargins, and any others that have been updated and touch this function.
The change is that last summer the parameters/arguements of onPostAttackResolve were replaced with rSource, rTarget, rRoll, rMessage.

darrenan
January 30th, 2023, 23:00
Version 1.16 has been released to the Forge. This fixes the compatibility issues called out by bmos, thanks dude.
The links on the store page have also been fixed. Back into hibernation...

wakhere
February 4th, 2023, 19:30
Version 1.16 has been released to the Forge. This fixes the compatibility issues called out by bmos, thanks dude.
The links on the store page have also been fixed. Back into hibernation...

cant use forge for CLASSIC.

have you got a stand alone extension i can copy please.....

bmos
February 4th, 2023, 20:54
cant use forge for CLASSIC.

have you got a stand alone extension i can copy please.....FGC did not get those ruleset updates that this update is fixing compatibility for. You will never need to update this extension again and, in fact, this latest change makes it is incompatible with FGC.
The last FGC version of this extension is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46971-Mirror-Image-Handler-extension&p=418114&viewfull=1#post418114) (unless darrenan someday makes new versions targeting those old ruleset versions).

darrenan
February 5th, 2023, 18:05
What bmos said. See post #3 of this thread.

wakhere
February 7th, 2023, 16:30
What bmos said. See post #3 of this thread.

thank you both for trying... if it dosnt work ill begiving up....
i appretiate that CLASSIC is supposed to be out and any effort on it is a waste of resource......
i can manage without, its just that it was such a nice addition to our game....

and as i said.. thanks anyway.

wak

Kelrugem
February 8th, 2023, 04:35
thank you both for trying... if it dosnt work ill begiving up....
i appretiate that CLASSIC is supposed to be out and any effort on it is a waste of resource......
i can manage without, its just that it was such a nice addition to our game....

and as i said.. thanks anyway.

wak

I think you misunderstood: FGC is not updated anymore by SmiteWorks, and thus also not the extensions by their corresponding community developer. This effectively means that, if everything is compatible now, then it stays compatible all time. So, as long as you use FGC and the FGC-version of the extension, you have not to worry, everything will work all the time :)

You will just not profit of any new additions to this extensions :)

The previous update to this extension only caters for changes made by SmiteWorks in the rulesets of FGU; as bmos said, if darrenan would also update the FGC extension in the same manner, then the FGC version would not work with FGC anymore, since the last update to the rulesets by Smiteworks were only for FGU and not FGC. So, coding-wise, it doesn't make sense to update the FGC version, even if darrenan would still update it

In short words: Just continue to use this extension, no worries, everything still works :)

darrenan
June 7th, 2023, 04:10
Version 1.17 has been pushed to the Forge. This fixes a script error that would occur when dragging an attack roll result from the chat window onto a target that has mirror images.

wardrake
July 5th, 2023, 15:52
SO how do I make this work - ie what do i need to type where to make the effects apply?

Arnagus
July 5th, 2023, 19:36
SO how do I make this work - ie what do i need to type where to make the effects apply?

Very first paragraph on very first post:

... To add a Mirror Image effect to an actor in a way that this extension will act on it, use the following syntax for the effect: "STACK: mirror image". Do not put anything before STACK, and match the casing. When an attack is made against an actor with this effect, and the attack hits, another rolls will be made to see if the attack hits the target or an image, and if it hits an image it will automatically remove one stack of the effect.

This means, when the char casts mirror image, you apply this effect to him (either manually, or through a predefined effect as spell action with duration accordinly).

bmos
July 5th, 2023, 22:05
Very first paragraph on very first post:

This means, when the char casts mirror image, you apply this effect to him (either manually, or through a predefined effect as spell action with duration accordinly).If I remember correctly you can't apply it manually (as in typing it into the combat tracker). I think it has to come from the Action tab.
EDIT: Just the STACK effect mentioned previously and the MULTI effect as well. That's because these effects take effect when added, not on each attack/roll.

darrenan
July 6th, 2023, 15:49
You can type it into the combat tracker. There's nothing special about the effect, just "<n> mirror image". The STACK: and REMOVE: STACK: actions are just convenient ways to increment and decrement the count from your actions tab.

darrenan
July 6th, 2023, 15:54
See the images in post #1 for examples. Specifically, image number 2 shows the effect actions on a mirror image spell.