PDA

View Full Version : Attn: RPGA D&D 3.5 Living Greyhawk Players

Kalan
July 31st, 2006, 13:35
Greetings one and all!

I'm putting a shout out to all those players who are signed up as part of the RPGA D&D Living Greyhawk campaign that Ganadai is running which is located here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=84) in the game calendar.

A few things I keep meanin to talk bout:

1) Thanks to everyone who makes it out to these events! Tho I have only run one session thus far, I can tell Ganadai has done a great job while I was on holidays getting the ball rolling! We seem to have a good core group of players :) I know if it weren't for the crew I had on Friday/Saturday, it likely could have gone a lot worse. I know I ain't the best GM in the world, but overall I think it went well :) So thanks all of you :)

2) I think we're going to be in need of some better means of communicating information. For some reason, many people don't check the GM announcements, or they scroll off the page too quick (likely my fault...I tend to be a posting whirlwind once I'm on a roll). So I'm puttin in a shout to everyone to get their opinions on alternate means of communication. I know there's yahoogroups and such - but I personally dislike them. We do have forum space over at The Four Ugly Monsters (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/fumcomm/index.php?f=49&sid=631afcff97a6c1a9fafed766afc87aa2) which I'd like to see used a little more, but then too I realize that's not everyone's cup of tea.

So give us some suggestions peeps :) The only way this kind of game can survive is by communicatin wit each other. I know Ganadai has put in a lot of effort in gettin all this setup, and I don't wanna see it fall off any! We've had quite a few new people sign up over the last few days, so I know we can only get bigger an better!

3) DM's - we're starting to see a lot more players signin up for events recently, and we need more DM's to help take up the overflow. I know the timezones cause a little headache for some - so I'm thinkin what we may want to look at is tryin to stagger or standardize it a little more. But this isn't the place to talk that over - so any potential RPGA DM's who want to help us out, feel free to PM me, or post on the FUM site.

Thanks all for bearin with me through these ramblings. I know we can turn this thing into one monster of a "club"!

Peace all!

Cousin Vinny

*grumbles about the silly limit on smilies*

kalmarjan
July 31st, 2006, 16:50
For 20$ a year, you can get yourself some forum boards. (The 20$ is for domain registration fees.)

I use this for my RTTTOEE game, and it works out well.

Check it out here:

Free Forum Boards (https://invisionfree.com/)

Sandeman

Ganadai
July 31st, 2006, 19:16
I have thought about using Warhorn to schedule games. I like the fact that DM's sign up separately and that it shows only 6 people can play for each DM that signs up. It would probably also bring more people to Fantasy Grounds. It has a bulletin board space where DM's can post announcements, but it doesn't have a message board so the players would have to e-mail us directly with questions. I don't remember if it changes times for people in different time zones.

Kalan
July 31st, 2006, 19:52
*nods* I'd thought about Warhorn too...the fact you can limit the # of players per "slot" is nice, and avoids any overruns, unless we have more than one DM (which right now we don't...not til more of us get caught up on Cores)...

I like Warhorn too, got used to it when I was part of a regular RPGA club...

As for communication, I think personally forums work the best - tho not everyone likes to forum hop (or even site hop)...so its all up in the air...

wapakguy
August 20th, 2006, 21:19
Come join the group.