PDA

View Full Version : Swade fg eta?

ProfDogg
December 12th, 2018, 11:47
So, what do you think? I know this was discussed in some previous threads but it's been a bit... I was thinking about starting up a new SW game right after the New Year. Anyone in the know think that SWADE would be close to ready by then?

Ikael
December 12th, 2018, 12:28
My estimation is that SWADE would be at store during 2019 Q1. I have plans to start public alpha testing within this month if I get the ruleset in good-enough shape. Public alpha testing is available for all Savage Worlds Deluxe owners and can be joined in by switching FG to TEST version when it starts. However please note that public testing does only provide updated ruleset but not rulebook modules. After SWADE is release to store you need to purchase it if you want to get the modules.

zarlor
December 12th, 2018, 13:53
You plan to start public alpha testing this month? Geez, Ikael, why so LONG?!?! The kickstarter "preview" came out like all of a week ago, now! ;) (Just kidding, of course. That's actually a lot faster than I thought you'd have anything ready on test by. You're like a coding guru, dude!)

ProfDogg
December 12th, 2018, 15:14
My estimation is that SWADE would be at store during 2019 Q1. I have plans to start public alpha testing within this month if I get the ruleset in good-enough shape. Public alpha testing is available for all Savage Worlds Deluxe owners and can be joined in by switching FG to TEST version when it starts. However please note that public testing does only provide updated ruleset but not rulebook modules. After SWADE is release to store you need to purchase it if you want to get the modules.

Sweet deal...

robert4818
December 19th, 2018, 17:27
Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the SWADE update was free for SWD license holders. Did I misread that announcement?

Ikael
December 19th, 2018, 17:58
Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the SWADE update was free for SWD license holders. Did I misread that announcement?

SWADE ruleset is provided for SWD product owners but it does not include new rulebook modules. You can still play with the ruleset and get new bells and whistles but won't have SWADE Player Guide nor SWADE GM Guide modules. If you want to get full SWADE experience you need would need to purchase the new (yet unreleased) product.

esmdev
December 19th, 2018, 18:44
SWADE ruleset is provided for SWD product owners but it does not include new rulebook modules. You can still play with the ruleset and get new bells and whistles but won't have SWADE Player Guide nor SWADE GM Guide modules. If you want to get full SWADE experience you need would need to purchase the new (yet unreleased) product.

The player and GM modules are the same as the core rules PDF or does that also mean items, edges, hindrances, and such?

Ikael
December 19th, 2018, 18:59
The player and GM modules are the same as the core rules PDF or does that also mean items, edges, hindrances, and such?

Yes they mean the core rules, the one PDF in FG format with all content and drag-and-drop support and more.

Valyar
December 19th, 2018, 22:31
Will it be possible to disable the SWADE for the existing stuffs? I purchased Deadlands Reloaded bundle and I don't want to go over the hassle of converting so much adventures. My players don't mind playing the old version either.

Ikael
December 19th, 2018, 23:20
Will it be possible to disable the SWADE for the existing stuffs? I purchased Deadlands Reloaded bundle and I don't want to go over the hassle of converting so much adventures. My players don't mind playing the old version either.

The old version (SWD - - Savage Worlds Deluxe) is gong to be available as well. You will have two rulesets to pick from: SWD and SavageWorlds (later one is SWADE).

After SWADE is released and you launch your existing campaign you will be given dialogue to switch it to SWADE or keep using SWD rules.

Valyar
December 20th, 2018, 10:49
Will it be possible to trigger this switch at arbitrary time in the future after Savage Worlds Adventure Edition is released or it will be one-time prompt and now or never?

Ikael
December 20th, 2018, 13:50
Will it be possible to trigger this switch at arbitrary time in the future after Savage Worlds Adventure Edition is released or it will be one-time prompt and now or never?

You can trigger it manually afterwards.

Sgain
December 20th, 2018, 21:31
great news cause I've had to stop working on my FG projects while I wait for this, now I can go ahead and then just convert them.