PDA

View Full Version : 5E character sheet - which items in inventory is unidentified

Rino
December 12th, 2018, 09:41
If I as a GM hands out items to the players, and those items are unidentified - those items remain unidentified in their inventory.

I think they can click the "red-dragon" to see that it's unidentified, and so they can essentially see that it's probably magic. NOTE: this is not desired.

I have set identifying in my campaign as Identify spell is needed (you can't just use rest).

This can in theory overtime build up overtime, and I'd like an easy way to see in their inventory (or by partysheet) which items are not identified (only GM can see this).

Is this something that already exists, by default og by extension?

(and yes, I can click into each item they have to see this, but that can take time with a long inventory).

Another thing that happend recently when I played a short module; some item parcels had filled out identified info, but not the un-identified section (and those items was unidentified). This resulted in me as a GM saw the identified text, and the players saw the text "unidentified item".... and I couldn't understand which item they where talking about. So essentially a easy way for GM (only) to see which items are un-identified in character inventory & partysheet is what's desiredd.

Zacchaeus
December 12th, 2018, 11:24
Players do not see whether an item is identified or not. If they open an unidentified item all they will see is the non-id name and non-id description of the item. Unless of course you don't give the item a non-id name or description in which case they will see 'Unidentified Item'.

There isn't an easy way to tell whether an item is identified or not since there is no indication from a simple list; you need to open the item to view its status. Add your request to the wish list - link in my signature.

damned
December 12th, 2018, 11:41
Most extensions are written by young gnomes who wanted the system to behave somewhat differently than it does.
This could be a good time to discover your inner gnome?

LordEntrails
December 12th, 2018, 16:38
Didn't someone already make an extension for this? To show the ID/non icon in the inventory list? It was a year or more ago and would probably need to be updated...

Kelrugem
December 12th, 2018, 18:10
Didn't someone already make an extension for this? To show the ID/non icon in the inventory list? It was a year or more ago and would probably need to be updated...

I guess you mean this extension? :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40686-Extension-Party-Inventory-Identified

This may be useful for you, Rino, maybe? :)

damned
December 12th, 2018, 21:51
Gnomes everywhere!

Rino
December 13th, 2018, 07:55
thx :) This looks very promising. Will test it later today :)

Trenloe
December 13th, 2018, 13:12
Gnomes everywhere!
I think some small bearded folk have hacked damned's account. I hope he’s not Gnome Alone this Christmas...